• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

Maybe stick it on your DPS unit with the highest critical rate? I got my first one last night. It's a +38% boss damage.

I was thinking I'd save it for Bloodwind. Most of my Allies are rather replacable right now. And the few Dracos are healer and tank. Not worth it for me right now.

KimChi

@KimChi : I'm such a noob, it was the big red buttom of world map where the daily dungeon, areana, etc... are, haha.
ah ok good to see you found it lol. I only login to get the daily reward from the korean version now, reason why I thought it was a purple button.

It's difficult because there's no kind of combat log or anything, just a barrage of numbers flying all over the screen. So it's hard to get any kind of meaningful data. I would love to figure it out though.

I might try testing out some dungeons with just 1 character in my party to reduce the number spam and seeing if that helps.
I think another way you can try testing out stats could be the friend arena battle.

Syrus

Banned
If I uninstall Dragonblaze will I lose my characters? I need to format phone or some apps because google store keeps popping p saying its shutting down.

I dont see a way to backup characters in DB

Chaos17

I want to bring so badly my Porin in raids -.-'
Sometime, the game just don't want me to have a healer...

If I uninstall Dragonblaze will I lose my characters? I need to format phone or some apps because google store keeps popping p saying its shutting down.

If you've a Hive account, your data should be safe.
If my memory is right, that's what it was written when you first sin in for the first time.

KimChi

Your charcters are linked to your hive account, as long as you logged into the game via facebook/google account you are fine, can check if you have a hive account by clicking the gear at the inn on the top right.

Syrus

Banned
Thanks guys, when chapter 2 updated I started getting "google play store has ended" frequently. Dont know if it is because of it or not

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I want to bring so badly my Porin in raids -.-'
Sometime, the game just don't want me to have a healer...

If you've a Hive account, your data should be safe.
If my memory is right, that's what it was written when you first sin in for the first time.

I can confirm this. I switch between my phones, ipads, and blue stacks all the time just by logging into my hive account.

Pejo

Same! Been spamming Lab all day at work to have the money...

Ditto, been spamming lab for 3 days. Almost at that magic 2.5mil to get from +MAX to Ultimate and then deify. It's insane how expensive it is, but spamming laby while working is no big deal. I'm pretty set on Draco DC at this point, unless by some miracle the SSS combine i'm planning tonight happens to be a healer, since I'm still using Viri.

Chaos17

Finally finished to spend my 100 tickets.
I think the game is telling me to do warrior because it only gives piece of armors for warrior, lol.
Most of the loot were crap (not yellow) but it's okay, in the end I got at least one red dagger!

JigsawX

Not getting any essences for a while now. Thinking of farming gold accessories for now. Are they the ones off off foggy rampart? Or is there another location for them

Yaari

Not getting any essences for a while now. Thinking of farming gold accessories for now. Are they the ones off off foggy rampart? Or is there another location for them

I should probably do that too. All these millions I'll be needing, it will be worth it in the long run.

Best gold accessory I have is Misty Fortress's Marvelous Ring, 39%. And yes it drops from Foggy Rampart. It can roll either EXP or Gold, so that's kind of a bummer when you're trying to get a specific one.

I was just thinking about those people who are at the top of all the leaderboards, and it occurred to me that I bet they don't actually spend a lot of money on the game. This game has the property that people at the top will stay at the top, by design, because of the increasing ruby rewards in the content. For example, say you get top Labyrinth and top 10 World Boss every week. That's 500 + 200 + 200 rubies each week. That's 3600 rubies a month. Literally equivalent to spending $300 / month on the game. They're basically getting $300 / month for free.

Sure, they probably spent some early on. All they had to do was be the first with a group of MAX SSS, and everything else after that could be free. While everyone else was struggling to get SSS, they've got 3000 rubies / month to spend on making more and more SSS easily. By the time chapter 2 comes out, they've probably got 10k-15k rubies stocked up, just from playing the game, not including any they bought. So to get these +ULTIMATE Dracos was easy, and didn't even require spending anything except on maybe gold.

Rurunaki

I was just thinking about those people who are at the top of all the leaderboards, and it occurred to me that I bet they don't actually spend a lot of money on the game. This game has the property that people at the top will stay at the top, by design, because of the increasing ruby rewards in the content. For example, say you get top Labyrinth and top 10 World Boss every week. That's 500 + 200 + 200 rubies each week. That's 3600 rubies a month. Literally equivalent to spending $300 / month on the game. They're basically getting $300 / month for free.

Sure, they probably spent some early on. All they had to do was be the first with a group of MAX SSS, and everything else after that could be free. While everyone else was struggling to get SSS, they've got 3000 rubies / month to spend on making more and more SSS easily. By the time chapter 2 comes out, they've probably got 10k-15k rubies stocked up, just from playing the game, not including any they bought. So to get these +ULTIMATE Dracos was easy, and didn't even require spending anything except on maybe gold.

That's my issue with how the rewards are spread.. The top stays on top whilst people who want to get to the top are basically forced to spend cash to even try to catch up.

commish

I still have my 100 ticket reward from twitch to use in the next 24 hours. Not looking forward to that grind. Might just use it all in the arena or in gb.

Yup pretty much. That's how I see it.

Just ran about 50 tickets in raid, got an absolutely ludicrous quiver. I can't even think of a better stat combination.

FVSlHjGl.jpg

Luckily just in time for getting Bloodwind tonight at 9PM during the ally enhance discount. I already had a Fiercely Blazing Bow stashed away in storage that I got like a week ago, so as soon as I get Bloodwind, he's going to be ready for action.

commish

Just ran about 50 tickets in raid, got an absolutely ludicrous quiver. I can't even think of a better stat combination.

FVSlHjGl.jpg

Luckily just in time for getting Bloodwind tonight at 9PM during the ally enhance discount. I already had a Fiercely Blazing Bow stashed away in storage that I got like a week ago, so as soon as I get Bloodwind, he's going to be ready for action.

Holy shit, you are good luck. As I was reading your post, I got a quiver drop for my Bloodwind that I've been trying for.

Edit: Wow, I got another quiver. Two in a row!

Vitanimus

FVSlHjGl.jpg

let me quote this post for some good luck

Shit I had 1.8 million gold and I just spent 500k upgradeing my Fiercely Blazing Quiver and Bow to +MAX in preparation for getting Bloodwind. Now I only have 1.3 million to go from MAX+4 to Bloodwind, which isn't enough.

Back to Labyrinth...

Uthred

Damn going into Dragon Blaze withdrawl, didnt have a chance to play and only got back to it five minutes before the buffs ended. What really stings is all those "free" tickets I missed by being at 30 for each, the addiction is real ;)

Pejo

Shit I had 1.8 million gold and I just spent 500k upgradeing my Fiercely Blazing Quiver and Bow to +MAX in preparation for getting Bloodwind. Now I only have 1.3 million to go from MAX+4 to Bloodwind, which isn't enough.

Back to Labyrinth...

Ah the good ol' Labyrinth. I've been spamming it pretty much non-stop for 3 days now, just hit over 3 million gold. I'm not taking any chances for tonight in making my first draco.

Yaari

Changed my mind on the gold rings quickly. Realized that by the time I got those 5 SSS's, and those Essences, I'll be swimming in gold. That's a month worth of daily farming.
Back to Essences. Sigh. None so far today.

Meh, maybe I shouldn't be complaining, as I've gotten 4 essences in the past 20 minutes. But all 4 are for the 3 dracos I'm not in the process of upgrading :-/ I'm up to about 30 essences total, and still just 2 for Bloodwind. Grr.

Yaari

Meh, maybe I shouldn't be complaining, as I've gotten 4 essences in the past 20 minutes. But all 4 are for the 3 dracos I'm not in the process of upgrading :-/ I'm up to about 30 essences total, and still just 2 for Bloodwind. Grr.

Well, you only have to buy Essences for the first one. For the second one, you probably need so much time to collect all the SSS's, that you will be swimming in Essences by the time you have them.

I realize how boring the game is when the exp bar is no longer ticking. People complain about grinding but the real horrible grinding is when you get nothing for it. Some blue trash that I immediatly have to sell off, hoping that I run into an Essence sometime.

I wish they had something like Diablo 3, where you could still make progress in a way by getting in exp points.

Uthred

Well, you only have to buy Essences for the first one. For the second one, you probably need so much time to collect all the SSS's, that you will be swimming in Essences by the time you have them.

I realize how boring the game is when the exp bar is no longer ticking. People complain about grinding but the real horrible grinding is when you get nothing for it. Some blue trash that I immediatly have to sell off, hoping that I run into an Essence sometime.

I wish they had something like Diablo 3, where you could still make progress in a way by getting in exp points.

Some kind of prestige system would be great, I'd also settle for a "Mentor" system where you can funnel a percentage of your maxed characters xp to one of your alts, really anything that didnt make the xp feel "wasted"

Kitoro

I've heard that the Angel wave of units don't require precise specific essence type items, but instead share more general items, making them much more economical all around to raise.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it's true, I think I'll just stick with my Ultimate Fulson and bring my Tiel to Ultimate and just wait to ascend her as my top priority.

Agree, that's why I took my rogue from 55-60 without using any exp potions. I'm 59 1/2 now. Eventually I'll start using my shoes for levelling up a new character, probably a mage, and then I can go through it again. But getting through myth will take a while, so it'll have to be after I accomplish everything I need with shoes for a while. Which means more essences.

As for upgrading a second Draco, I actually have my second SSS at MAX+3 already, going for Draco Brightspark. So I only need 2 more SSS. But upgrading Bloodwind will consume almost all of my S and rubies, so things will slow down a bit I guess. The nice thing is that I've got 8 Brightspark Essences already, so I guess by the time I get those 2 more SSS, I'll have 15+ Brightspark essences, and I can upgrade her right away. So yea, only having to buy them once is nice.

If I was smart I would have kept all my SSS at MAX and not limit broken them until I knew which essences were going to cap out first.

Final Fantasy XI back in the day had a "merit point" system. For every fixed amount of EXP after you were at cap, you earned a merit point. And merit points could be used to permanently boost stats, like Crit Rate, HP, etc of your main character. Something like that would be awesome here, because right now I feel like my main character is lagging behind my ally in terms of usefulness. The main character should always be the strongest.

Chaos17

I've heard that the Angel wave of units don't require precise specific essence type items, but instead share more general items, making them much more economical all around to raise.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it's true, I think I'll just stick with my Ultimate Fulson and bring my Tiel to Ultimate and just wait to ascend her as my top priority.

Season 3 will have only 3 types of essences for dracos, angels and bodens.
But I'm not sure that we will benefit this in season 2, at least I didn't saw any news about it when I covered season 2 infos and I just finised to check those news for the third time.
Though, I can make mistakes sometimes like everybody else.

Yaari

Agree, that's why I took my rogue from 55-60 without using any exp potions. I'm 59 1/2 now. Eventually I'll start using my shoes for levelling up a new character, probably a mage, and then I can go through it again. But getting through myth will take a while, so it'll have to be after I accomplish everything I need with shoes for a while. Which means more essences.

As for upgrading a second Draco, I actually have my second SSS at MAX+3 already, going for Draco Brightspark. So I only need 2 more SSS. But upgrading Bloodwind will consume almost all of my S and rubies, so things will slow down a bit I guess. The nice thing is that I've got 8 Brightspark Essences already, so I guess by the time I get those 2 more SSS, I'll have 15+ Brightspark essences, and I can upgrade her right away. So yea, only having to buy them once is nice.

If I was smart I would have kept all my SSS at MAX and not limit broken them until I knew which essences were going to cap out first.

Final Fantasy XI back in the day had a "merit point" system. For every fixed amount of EXP after you were at cap, you earned a merit point. And merit points could be used to permanently boost stats, like Crit Rate, HP, etc of your main character. Something like that would be awesome here, because right now I feel like my main character is lagging behind my ally in terms of usefulness. The main character should always be the strongest.

I remember you grinded Crystal Palace 6. Do you remember if Essences drop there? I want to make sure before I put a ton of Shoes into it.

I remember you grinded Crystal Palace 6. Do you remember if Essences drop there? I want to make sure before I put a ton of Shoes into it.

Essence definitely drops there. I only grinded that on my warrior though. For my rogue I stuck to Hermit Lake 9. HL 9 has the advantage of being faster and dropping Stamina + primary stat (DEX, STR, etc) accessories, but CP 6 has the DPS accessory and gives you better exp efficiency / shoe. I actually explicitly wanted to drag out the process this time though, since like you said earlier it gets boring once you're grinding at MAX level. But if you want the dps accessory, or want to get to 60 faster, then CP 6 is the best place.

JigsawX

This is looking like third day of dry run for essences. I'm go the opposite way of yaari and just go for the gold / exp accessories since I can use them all the time. Also currently at 1.4% on the world boss...it stings

Limit

For the last week I have been on a roll of getting about 2 essence drops every day. Of course they aren't the drops that I want, but that's another matter.

Man I've gotten 6 essences today, crazy. Only 1 i want (Brightspark), and none that i can use in the immediate future (getting Bloodwind tonight), but this will come in handy down the line

Uthred

In terms of essence farming how many is it per character? 10 for the initial deification and then 13 to get to ultimate (obviously you're going to want more as you wont get a perfect run)? Figure you'd want ~20 before going through with the upgrade so you have a shot at getting a few ranks on the new guy

I need to get some equipment for Tiel, in theory he's better than my Patta but I cant swap him in as Patta has ~19000 more HP than him thanks to gear and cards

In terms of essence farming how many is it per character? 10 for the initial deification and then 13 to get to ultimate (obviously you're going to want more as you wont get a perfect run)? Figure you'd want ~20 before going through with the upgrade so you have a shot at getting a few ranks on the new guy

I need to get some equipment for Tiel, in theory he's better than my Patta but I cant swap him in as Patta has ~19000 more HP than him thanks to gear and cards

After you get the character, it's 1 per attempt, pass or fail you lose the essence. Since it takes on average 2.7 essences to succeed at 25%, to get to +8 you're looking at 8x2.7 = 21.6 essences to get +MAX, and another 5 for limit breaking. So 10 + 21.6 + 5 = 36.6 per character.

KimChi

Having roughly 20 essences is more ideal but I doubt most would have the patience to wait that long and just deify first lol.

It also depends on the ally you deify imo, if they are replacing someone in your party that was a high tier ally then sure, if its just some useless ally even at 0 enhance they are still pretty decent just because of their skills.
My bloodwind is only +2 and he pretty much carried my team to 321k points on hydra world boss, sure that isnt really high but my main party has weak aoe dps so it helped having bloodwind. I usually scored top 20% I think, now currently at top 10%.

JigsawX

Looking for some opinions on what to do for party

Current set up

Bloodwind - Max +1
Porin - Max
Patta - Max
Belle Snow - Max

Subs
Turq - Max
Deathcrown - Max
Pearla - Max

Additional subs
Viri - Max
Black Snow - Max - (Fusing soon)

Additional SSS that can be used to either limit break or be used as base for New Dracos
Healer Konfi
Mage - Caberra
Warrior - Gar
Rogue - Percy

Should I for a draco or just wait for the angels to come out?
If i got for a draco which one?
Bright spark - Use pearla
Deathcrown - Use Deathcrown / Patta or Gar
Blackaria - Use Porin or Konfi
Rogue - Percy

I should note that I have plently of S's but not a lot A's

It would be awesome if you could. If you need help, we can do arena battles. As far as I know, arena battles with friends don't cost tickets or count towards your arena stats.

Also, do you know if accuracy and evasion simply subtract from each? As in 50% EVA is completely nullified by 50% ACC. Or is it a little more complicated?

Yup

What's your IGN? I'll add you for some arena battles.

Current set up

Bloodwind - Max +1
Porin - Max
Patta - Max
Belle Snow - Max

Subs
Turq - Max
Deathcrown - Max
Pearla - Max

Additional subs
Viri - Max

Additional SSS that can be used to either limit break or be used as base for New Dracos
Healer Konfi
Mage - Caberra
Warrior - Gar
Rogue - Percy

Rogue - Percy

How far do youmake it in Labyrinth with this setup?

sensui-tomo

Current set up

Bloodwind - Max +1
Porin - Max
Patta - Max
Belle Snow - Max

Subs
Turq - Max
Deathcrown - Max
Pearla - Max

Additional subs
Viri - Max

Healer Konfi
Mage - Caberra
Warrior - Gar
Rogue - Percy

Rogue - Percy

Be like me, kill pearla (once the 30% off is up, i'm getting Deify B. Spark and putting Caberra into reserves.

Ventara

You have lots of options, and I don't really think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. Are you doing well in arena/lab/world boss/GB? If so, maybe hold off for angels, though they're about the same except for the paladin, which is definitely better. The healer and mage might be better as well, though that's up for debate.

If you do decide to go for another draco, don't waste more units enhancing another SSS; just use one of your already maxxed subs. If you feel Patta and Porin are doing well, I'd deify Pearla and get more DPS on the team. I'd move Belle Snow out as #5.

Btw, I think Caberra is supposed to be a good unit, so maybe hang on to her? I don't know. You already have a great team, so maybe she won't be that useful to you.

What's your IGN? I'll add you for some arena battles.

Venttori (rogue, playing it now), Ventarina (mage) or Ventariel (priest)

You have lots of options, and I don't really think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. Are you doing well in arena/lab/world boss/GB? If so, maybe hold off for angels, though they're about the same except for the paladin, which is definitely better. The healer and mage might be better as well, though that's up for debate.

If you do decide to go for another draco, don't waste more units enhancing another SSS; just use one of your already maxxed subs. If you feel Patta and Porin are doing well, I'd deify Pearla and get more DPS on the team. I'd move Belle Snow out as #5.

Btw, I think Caberra is supposed to be a good unit, so maybe hang on to her? I don't know. You already have a great team, so maybe she won't be that useful to you.

Venttori (rogue, playing it now), Ventarina (mage) or Ventariel (priest)

Says you're full. But feel free to add me (Cauchy or Lebesgue) whenever you want, I have a few free spaces.

Ventara

Says you're full. But feel free to add me (Cauchy or Lebesgue) whenever you want, I have a few free spaces.

That's weird. I have 2 empty spots. Anyways, I sent a request to Cauchy.

Edit: When you want to do some tests, let me know what gear to have on/what character to be to make things a bit easier for you. I'm sure having a 1vs1 is easier to track than a 6vs1-6

Top Bottom