• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Salamande

Just had the best GB run I've ever had, something like 25-5.

Me with sheep mage and Blackaria.
Partner with DoD rogue and Brightspark (regular).

If I hit with sheep, a lot of the time it was just over.
If Blackaria dies early, the rogue and Bright get 8 seconds to stomp face for free, and that was usually enough to put it out of reach.
The only times we lost were against rival sheep mages and a nasty Ultimate DBrightspark/Caberra combo.

Sheep are the truth in GB.

Ventara

Ugh, having a hard time deciding whether I should combine my Vurch or not. He's not part of my main team anymore, and he's only used as a helper in the labyrinth. Combining him means I can get my 5th SSS fodder and get Blackaria now. But Vurch was my very first SS unit, and he's been with me since the beginning. I guess I can tell myself he'll "live on" in Blackaria, lol.

I'm getting better at this arena thing. There was a hump around 3800 points where I lost almost every battle I fought. The good thing about losing though is that it gives you a chance to experiment freely (only limitation being tickets) to see who you can beat and who you can't. So I experimented and found about 5 people I could beat. Wrote down their names, and now I just refresh until they pop up. I don't expect this to work for long though, because eventaully their names will fall off and I will have to find new people.

In any case, I'm at about 4,400 and from what I understand you only need to get up to about 5,100 to be safe for 1%, which is all I'm shooting for. After I get the title I'll probably go back to 5% next week for the rubies and then focus on using my tickets in raids to try to fill out the rest of my pieces with Fiercely Blazing gear.

In other news, ever since I started levelling up my alt instead of farming essences, and started spamming arena instead of Labyrinth, I'm broke as a joke. Earlier today I had 10k to my name. I'm up to about 40k now :-/

zulux21

while I don't mind this game, the ads at boot up are annoying and I don't find myself playing this much thus I am going to give away my account to anyone that wants it.

current info
I have 511 feet
558 tickets
240780 money
287 gems
arena healer costume
I'm in the gaf guild (which I suppose I will leave if no one wants my account)

I also have

SSS Queen Caberra
SS Dark Curse
and like 25 or so s class monsters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm getting better at this arena thing. There was a hump around 3800 points where I lost almost every battle I fought. The good thing about losing though is that it gives you a chance to experiment freely (only limitation being tickets) to see who you can beat and who you can't. So I experimented and found about 5 people I could beat. Wrote down their names, and now I just refresh until they pop up. I don't expect this to work for long though, because eventaully their names will fall off and I will have to find new people.

In any case, I'm at about 4,400 and from what I understand you only need to get up to about 5,100 to be safe for 1%, which is all I'm shooting for. After I get the title I'll probably go back to 5% next week for the rubies and then focus on using my tickets in raids to try to fill out the rest of my pieces with Fiercely Blazing gear.

In other news, ever since I started levelling up my alt instead of farming essences, and started spamming arena instead of Labyrinth, I'm broke as a joke. Earlier today I had 10k to my name. I'm up to about 40k now :-/

I know it's been said before many times, but it really is easier to do this the first/second day. You can beat the same team over and over and over.

I think my team is good enough to get top 1% in pvp, but I just can't get myself to spend that many tickets. But I've wasted so many tickets in raid, maybe I should put them into arena.

Edit: My guildmate is convinced there's something up with the drop rate of essences. Hard to argue with him when there's none appearing in chat...

commish

So i just got another Shabelle, what should i do with her. Is there any point in keeping her and is it worth rebirthing?

Use as fodder for a draco. Rebirthing is a waste of resources imo except in very limited circumstances.

Salamande

Ugh, having a hard time deciding whether I should combine my Vurch or not. He's not part of my main team anymore, and he's only used as a helper in the labyrinth. Combining him means I can get my 5th SSS fodder and get Blackaria now. But Vurch was my very first SS unit, and he's been with me since the beginning. I guess I can tell myself he'll "live on" in Blackaria, lol.

Had to get over that with Black Snow, which was my first (and best) SS. She's saved my ass so many times with clutch summons. At one point, I entertained this fantasy of having Belle, Black, Brightspark, and DBrightspark all on the same team just for laughs. So much for that.

Funny thing is, I've combined for Black Snow two more times since then. Maybe it's a sign...

I know it's been said before many times, but it really is easier to do this the first/second day. You can beat the same team over and over and over.

I think my team is good enough to get top 1% in pvp, but I just can't get myself to hoarde tickets. But I've wasted so many tickets in raid, maybe I should put them into arena.

Edit: My guildmate is convinced there's something up with the drop rate of essences. Hard to argue with him when there's none appearing in chat...

I'm sure it's easier the first day, but I can't bring myself to save my tickets. I'm using everything as fast as I can get them, and I don't want to use rubies to refresh tickets on the first day either.

I also don't think the arena tickets are worth it, unless you have everything you need from raid first. If not, I think raid will offer more value in terms of making you stronger. That said, all my guys are pretty decked. I'm missing 2 pieces on my main character, but he's a tank so the 6 piece set bonus is useless for him, and 1 piece on each of my allies. In any case, everyone has at least a 2 set bonus, and they're all at +MAX on the gear so I don't need the oranges from raid anymore either.

Technically I could still get a tad stronger by upgrading (especially for my rogue alt, who currently only has 2 pieces of FB gear), but I'll work on that next week after I get the title for 1%

Use as fodder for a draco. Rebirthing is a waste of resources imo except in very limited circumstances.

i just turned 55 so i dont relly know how to "Draco system" works should i use her to get an SSS to ultimate or save her for when i get a Draco and then use it?

Anyone care to explain it i cant find any good info on it.

Rurunaki

i just turned 55 so i dont relly know how to "Draco system" works should i use her to get an SSS to ultimate or save her for when i get a Draco and then use it?

Draco refers to the 5 Draco Quinque.. Currently those 5 are the highest tiered allies..

In order to get them you will need an SSS Unit that has been enhanced to its MAX plus ULTIMATE (feeding them another 5 SSS after MAX).

After that you will need 10x of the appropriate "essences" which can be bought by rubies or farmed on the season 2 map. (keeping in mind that the essences you need depends on which of the Draco Quinque you want and also in accordance to the class your SSS Ultimate is i.e. Warrior SSS = Draco Deathcrown, Mage SSS = Draco Brightspark and so on.)

Enhancing the Dracos isn't as easy as the other units because you will need their "essence" plus unit fodders all while keeping in mind that enhancing can still fail.

Overall, it is a very tedious and expensive process. Goodluck.

Chaos17

Just had the best GB run I've ever had, something like 25-5.

Me with sheep mage and Blackaria.
Partner with DoD rogue and Brightspark (regular).

If I hit with sheep, a lot of the time it was just over.
If Blackaria dies early, the rogue and Bright get 8 seconds to stomp face for free, and that was usually enough to put it out of reach.
The only times we lost were against rival sheep mages and a nasty Ultimate DBrightspark/Caberra combo.

Sheep are the truth in GB.

Indeed, that combo in GB is horrible and so broken.
I wonder how the Koreans countered it : did they used the archer that have silence ? Or the mage who do an AoE when he die ? Or get Kamiel to rez people when she die ? I am curious now if there is any real counter to that combo.

This guide will may help you to understand it : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?258551-Guide-Deify-System-Guide

Indeed, that combo in GB is horrible and so broken.
I wonder how the Koreans countered it : did they used the archer that have silence ? Or the mage who do an AoE when he die ? Or get Kamiel to rez people when she die ? I am curious now if there is any real counter to that combo.

This guide will may help you to understand it : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?258551-Guide-Deify-System-Guide

Seems like Greysoul is a hard counter to Blackaria's abilities.

So im kinda at a loss of what to do. This is my team, should i try to get a SSS tank? should i work on a draco and in that case who?

me Healer
Shabelle (healer)
Deathcrown (warrior dps)
Turq (mage dps)
SS Dark lance (tank)

dupe Shabelle
SS Blacksnow

garath

Vurch is the exact one I'm having trouble bringing myself to combine as well lol. He was my tank for so long, well equipped and still a lab helper but I need so many more SSS.

Just have to bite the bullet I guess. :)

vato_loco

Like a drunk frat boy who woke up with a tattoo of his mother's name on his buttcheek, lying next to a bearded circus lady named Galaxia while shipping overseas in a fish boat, I, too, have made bad decisions regarding the allocation of my points.

So, having reached level 40, the game was kind enough to award me with more than 100 rubies, as a way of saying "ye of little foresight, here be your second chance."

My point is, what's better: an AoE mage or a "eat my big-ass flame" PvP mage?

Sciel

Codes. All redeemable now. They work on Asia server, give it a try on other servers.

3 Aug - SG50DB01 @B-S Ally
4 Aug - SG50DB02AH @Shoes x50
5 Aug - SG50DB03HF @Friend points x50
6 Aug - SG50DB04DF @Platinum Equipment Summon
7 Aug - SG50DB05IM @Raid Tickets x50
8 Aug - SG50DB06YQ @Gold x5000
9 Aug - SG50DB07ZS @Rubies x50
10 Aug - SG50DB08TR @A-S Ally
11 Aug - SG50DB09MC @Rubies 50
12 Aug - SG50DB10UR @Shoes x50

zanyu

Codes. All redeemable now. They work on Asia server, give it a try on other servers.

All I kept getting was, code has failed contact support.

Tried some random code of your list on EU servers, unfortunately none of them works.

Yaari

Going to keep running that Foggy Rampant till I got 3 Gold % Rings. I really want to get back to my Essences but I know it will be worth it.

Only got one so far, its a 38% Gold ring. Hope the next one is a little better.

Edit: As I finish the message, I get another EXP ring. Bleh.

zanyu

Does anyone farm crystal palace?

With the amount of divine shields/immunity buffs it makes the clear so long that it feels like lab runs.

I've moved to Pilgrim's Road. Makes me sad cause I wanted new DPS accessories.

Whizkid7

Woot, hit 50 last night. Yum yum, rubies. Decided to roll another 10 while that +2 is still around (and since my ruby intake is a little slow atm) and got a SS, one of the fire wizards or whatever? The ones that summon the phoenix helper. Seems pretty useful, will probably hang onto her.

Ventara

Well, I ended up combing Vurch. Got Farq, aka SSS fodder #5. Roughly 1000 rubies and 3 million gold later, I have a Blackaria +3. I really wanted Greysoul, but I needed an AOE healer pretty badly. Anyways, she's pretty good, so I'm happy.

Now that I have my first Draco, I'm probably gonna take it easy. Except for running raids to get better equips during the bonus, I'm mostly just gonna burn my tickets in the labyrinth and my shoes on leveling my priest (which I guess I don't really need anymore, but just in case). Just gonna slowly build up more SSS again while maxxing Blackaria and Spark Wizard Ann. I only have Percy outside my main 4-man (or should I woman, as my entire team is female) team, so I need to bring her up to speed to use as #6.

commish

I was more thinking about a counter to the sheep mage :p

As someone who plays with a sheep mage/rogue combo almost exclusively with a guildmate, I can say that either a sheep mage yourself or a good priest is the best defense. We will never lose to a warrior, non-sheep mage or hunter. Rogues can be a pain with some big crits, but they are usually sheeped. The best defense is probably more immunity. I feel like people don't really stack immunity but that's the best defense against the most damaging spell in pvp. My own mage is nothing but a ball of HP and immunity and accuracy.

Well, I ended up combing Vurch. Got Farq, aka SSS fodder #5. Roughly 1000 rubies and 3 million gold later, I have a Blackaria +3. I really wanted Greysoul, but I needed an AOE healer pretty badly. Anyways, she's pretty good, so I'm happy.

Now that I have my first Draco, I'm probably gonna take it easy. Except for running raids to get better equips during the bonus, I'm mostly just gonna burn my tickets in the labyrinth and my shoes on leveling my priest (which I guess I don't really need anymore, but just in case). Just gonna slowly build up more SSS again while maxxing Blackaria and Spark Wizard Ann. I only have Percy outside my main 4-man (or should I woman, as my entire team is female) team, so I need to bring her up to speed to use as #6.

Congrats on the draco, probably the most useful one imo. I'm still plodding along trying to max my bloodwind still but refuse to pay for essences. I think a greysoul will be my next draco, but I am very, very far from that.

colinp

Banned
Decided to try this game out and am wondering how mandatory the multiplayer is...? Can I do everything without having multiplayer? Are their any benefits I would be missing out on?

Chaos17

Decided to try this game out and am wondering how mandatory the multiplayer is...? Can I do everything without having multiplayer? Are their any benefits I would be missing out on?

Multiplayer part :
- raids : pve
- arena/guildbattle : pvp

Most of your playtime will be solo through leveling/farming, then you will want to do raids (end game raids) to get better equipements. With those equipements you can go pawn people in pvp. Getting better at pvp will reward you weekly rubies.

Don't worry about searchings party for raids, it will be auto.

commish

The only true multiplayer parts are the guild battles (2 v 2 with 3 other people) and raids (auto-match up). You'll do a ton of raids - they are easy. Not everyone does guild battles. If you don't bother with guild battles, then you really don't have to rely on any other people for anything, really, since raids are auto-fill.

None of the multiplayer involves arranging time to do something at the same time as someone else. You're basically just using their character. Think of it as helper NPCs, all automatic

I keep seeing JigsawX and Yarri in arena. I'm not brave enough to fight you guys, but I'm wondering if either of you have tried fighting me (Lebesgue, rogue)? Curious if I'm being farmed.

commish

I keep seeing JigsawX and Yarri in arena. I'm not brave enough to fight you guys, but I'm wondering if either of you have tried fighting me (Lebesgue, rogue)? Curious if I'm being farmed.

You can see who is fighting you by clicking on a button on the arena screen. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a lab run so I can't see the exact button.

Edit: The magnifying glass on the far left side of the screen when on the arena page.

You can see who is fighting you by clicking on a button on the arena screen. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a lab run so I can't see the exact button.

Edit: The magnifying glass on the far left side of the screen when on the arena page.

Doesn't that just show who you have been fighting? Or is it both? How do you distinguish between who you fought vs. who fought you?

Edit: Plus it only shows you the past 5-10 battles. It's possible they've fought me yesterday or a long time ago and it wouldn't be shown.

commish

Doesn't that just show who you have been fighting? Or is it both? How do you distinguish between who you fought vs. who fought you?

Edit: Plus it only shows you the past 5-10 battles. It's possible they've fought me yesterday or a long time ago and it wouldn't be shown.

True, it only shows a limited amount, which is disappointing. I also liked how Heroes Charge allowed you to re-watch the entire fight, even if it happened hours/days ago. Here, when people challenge you, the arrow goes the other direction and, on mine, it is red. So, when it's you challenging someone, it's green and pointing right. When you are challenged, it's red and pointing left.

True, it only shows a limited amount, which is disappointing. I also liked how Heroes Charge allowed you to re-watch the entire fight, even if it happened hours/days ago. Here, when people challenge you, the arrow goes the other direction and, on mine, it is red. So, when it's you challenging someone, it's green and pointing right. When you are challenged, it's red and pointing left.

Ahh make sense. That's why it has a sword (you are the attacker) and a shield (you are the defender).

commish

Did not even notice the sword/shield thing, haha. Thought that had to do with class.

Next week I am trying for top 1% in arena. Too late for this week, so I will stay at my 2%. I wish arena operated on a different currency/timer than raids. Can't spend my tickets on everything!

Ventara

As someone who plays with a sheep mage/rogue combo almost exclusively with a guildmate, I can say that either a sheep mage yourself or a good priest is the best defense. We will never lose to a warrior, non-sheep mage or hunter. Rogues can be a pain with some big crits, but they are usually sheeped. The best defense is probably more immunity. I feel like people don't really stack immunity but that's the best defense against the most damaging spell in pvp. My own mage is nothing but a ball of HP and immunity and accuracy.

Congrats on the draco, probably the most useful one imo. I'm still plodding along trying to max my bloodwind still but refuse to pay for essences. I think a greysoul will be my next draco, but I am very, very far from that.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing for my allies as well. Immunity seems to be really important late game. Lots of battles where you'll be stunned/poisoned/sheeped. Doing my best to make sure everyone has 40%+ immunity, but I still need to grind raids to get the right equips. I'm probably gonna do arena this week using my mage. Except for damage, she's pretty well equipped.

I ended up buying around 16+ Blackaria essences. Just didn't have the patience anymore. Will farm the rest, though. I'm probably gonna go for Greysoul next, too, unless Kamiel is out by then.

Did not even notice the sword/shield thing, haha. Thought that had to do with class.

Next week I am trying for top 1% in arena. Too late for this week, so I will stay at my 2%. I wish arena operated on a different currency/timer than raids. Can't spend my tickets on everything!

Yea tickets suck, because arena, labyrinth, and raid are all on tickets. Shoes is just dungeons, nothing else. Seems like one of those 3 pieces of content should move to shoes. Right now it's a 1/3 split (1/4 if you include guild battle), so it should be more balanced.

JigsawX

Was going to ask what your team was so I could prob tell if I avoid your or not but you popped up as I was checking that battle thing! Normally I would avoid your team but I was curious since I think I'm set for 1%. My meteor mage crit and two of your peepz died immediately and a third was super low and died right after. But your gram lasted a good couple of seconds against the rest of my guys. Like at least 10+ saw miss miss miss low damage miss.

Sort of forgot about the magnify thing so was looking through it. Saw the last 5 people who fought me all lost, made me feel bad :/. I think they prob tried to cc or kill off my belle, porin or blood instead of the mage. When she crita on the meteor its generally between 20 to 35k I want to say

Ventara

Was going to ask what your team was so I could prob tell if I avoid your or not but you popped up as I was checking that battle thing! Normally I would avoid your team but I was curious since I think I'm set for 1%. My meteor mage crit and two of your peepz died immediately and a third was super low and died right after. But your gram lasted a good couple of seconds against the rest of my guys. Like at least 10+ saw miss miss miss low damage miss.

Sort of forgot about the magnify thing so was looking through it. Saw the last 5 people who fought me all lost, made me feel bad :/. I think they prob tried to cc or kill off my belle, porin or blood instead of the mage. When she crita on the meteor its generally between 20 to 35k I want to say

lol, damn. My team probably won't last half that. I really need to add some of you to my friends list, though. Would be great to test my team against everyone else to see what I need to improve.

But yeah, I always focus down mages followed by rogues, as they're the ones that can kill you instantly.

So based on your fight against me, what do you think I could do to improve? Sounds like I need HP?

Edit: Speaking of being safe for 1%, what score should I aim for? I think I'm about 5,100 right now. Should I squeeze out another couple hundred? There's a super easy guy with 2 SS on his team that I've been farming the crap out of when I see him, so I think I can get another 200-300 no problem, but if I'm already good at 5,100 I'll just save the tickets.

Top Bottom