• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol, damn. My team probably won't last half that. I really need to add some of you to my friends list, though. Would be great to test my team against everyone else to see what I need to improve.

But yeah, I always focus down mages followed by rogues, as they're the ones that can kill you instantly.

I rarely even challenge mages/rogues in arena because it's too risky. I also assume that's why I rarely have people challenge me.

I ended up buying around 16+ Blackaria essences. Just didn't have the patience anymore. Will farm the rest, though. I'm probably gonna go for Greysoul next, too, unless Kamiel is out by then.

Yeah, I definitely bought a bunch for my bloodwind to start, but after failing a bunch of times on level ups, I decided to stop the bleeding. My ruby supply is quite low :)

Ventara

Going through my friends list to see who to delete and I noticed a guy with 8600 defense. Did not know it was possible to get it that high. He doesn't even have a complete set.

Pejo

So i'm planning out my next Draco, pretty sure I'm going to aim for Blackaria. Problem is that I don't have a SSS healer yet, so I'm really relying on the fact that within the next 6 SSS's I make, I hit a healer.

Does anyone know exactly when that "guaranteed SSS after 27 pulls" hit Korea? Was it in the 2nd season? After saving for so long, I'd hate to blow all my rubies now, especially since we just lost the free 2 premium pulls per 10.

JigsawX

So based on your fight against me, what do you think I could do to improve? Sounds like I need HP?

Edit: Speaking of being safe for 1%, what score should I aim for? I think I'm about 5,100 right now. Should I squeeze out another couple hundred? There's a super easy guy with 2 SS on his team that I've been farming the crap out of when I see him, so I think I can get another 200-300 no problem, but if I'm already good at 5,100 I'll just save the tickets.

Hard to say since from my experience the most dangerous mages are normally sheep ones. I've only seen one other meteor mage in recent memory hit as hard as me. As Ventura was saying If you guys want I can free up a few more slots and you guys can also test your squads.

KimChi

So i'm planning out my next Draco, pretty sure I'm going to aim for Blackaria. Problem is that I don't have a SSS healer yet, so I'm really relying on the fact that within the next 6 SSS's I make, I hit a healer.

Does anyone know exactly when that "guaranteed SSS after 27 pulls" hit Korea? Was it in the 2nd season? After saving for so long, I'd hate to blow all my rubies now, especially since we just lost the free 2 premium pulls per 10.

The SSS after 27 pulls is a lie, already tried it myself on the korean version so dont be banking on that to net you a SSS whenever it comes. Should've just blown your rubies on the 10premium+2 :(

Ventara

I sent friend request to

Garyck
Yazi
Gondola
JigsawX
Rurunakii

Please accept. I really need more good allies on my friends list. Also, I only sent request to people I recognized, so if you play a lot, tell me who you are and I'll add you. I'm Ventarina/Venttori/Ventariel

commish

Anyone who needs friends is free to add me. Barrel/Bearel. Just let me know when you add me so I can accept. I receive a ton of requests from randoms.

Hard to say since from my experience the most dangerous mages are normally sheep ones. I've only seen one other meteor mage in recent memory hit as hard as me. As Ventura was saying If you guys want I can free up a few more slots and you guys can also test your squads.

Pretty sure I'm already on your friends list. What do you think is a good "safe" score to ensure 1%?

JigsawX

Pretty sure I'm already on your friends list. What do you think is a good "safe" score to ensure 1%?

5328 is .675% right now. I prefer to stay around .5 percent myself. I would say 5500 should be a safe number.

Hmm I don't see you on my friend list though I could be missing it. Sent you a request anyways just in case

Ventara

Didn't receive it, so I sent you one.

Accepted. Thanks! Weird you didn't get mine, though. Hope everyone else got my request.

5328 is .675% right now. I prefer to stay around .5 percent myself. I would say 5500 should be a safe number.

Gonna try to go for 1%, too. I feel I have a decent chance with Blackaria in my team. Though it all depends on if I wake up early enough tomorrow.

Hmm I don't see you on my friend list though I could be missing it. Sent you a request anyways just in case

Weird, yea I thought you used to be. Guess not. Anyway accepted, thanks!

Pejo

The SSS after 27 pulls is a lie, already tried it myself on the korean version so dont be banking on that to net you a SSS whenever it comes. Should've just blown your rubies on the 10premium+2 :(

Yuck, that's exactly what I was hoping wasn't the case, haha. They have to have some sort of bonus event coming out again eventually (I hope). I'm sitting on almost 4000 rubies again, the thought of burning them with no bonus hurts my heart.

When you say it's a lie, do you mean that it doesn't work? Or there is no such promotion in the first place?

Einbroch

Banned
Yuck, that's exactly what I was hoping wasn't the case, haha. They have to have some sort of bonus event coming out again eventually (I hope). I'm sitting on almost 4000 rubies again, the thought of burning them with no bonus hurts my heart.

When you say it's a lie, do you mean that it doesn't work? Or there is no such promotion in the first place?

You have to PULL three SS to get a SSS.

For example, if you pull three S, you'd get an SS, right? That SS does NOT count towards the three to get an SSS.

Basically, the system is pretty great for getting SS, but rarely will ever come into play when trying for an SSS.

Ventara

It's a free SSS whenever you pull 3 SS, and a free SS whenever you pull 3 S. Except the reward comes from the mail, and those don't count towards the reward. So you have to pull 3 SS units in one go in premium summons to get that free SSS, which is highly unlikely. Though S units are pretty frequent, so free SS units. Yay!

You have the 10+2 bonus, it's like getting 800 rubies for free. What are you waiting for :-/

It's a free SSS whenever you pull 3 SS, and a free SS whenever you pull 3 S. Except the reward comes from the mail, and those don't count towards the reward. So you have to pull 3 SS units in one go in premium summons to get that free SSS, which is highly unlikely. Though S units are pretty frequent, so free SS units. Yay!

I don't think you have to pull them in one go do you? Just over time

Ah, okay. Assumed it'd reset when you stopped.

It's a GM Event, just like the 10+2 thing. After you stop pulling, go into your GM events and look, it'll say 6/10 or whatever, and it'll stay that way even after you stop. So you can resume later to finish off your 10+2

KimChi

Its not "guaranteed" within 27 pulls like people kept spouting about. The premium pull has a reward system where you pull 3 of a certain rank ally to get the next one as a gift.
so its like this:
3A->1S(free)
3S->1SS(free)
3SS->1SSS(free)
The free units are a gift sent to the mailbox.
And it only cares about which tier you are on so if you pull a SS when your current reward is 3A->1S it wont count for 3SS->1SSS.

The counter does not reset when you stop pulling, checked just now to make sure :p, easy SS units wouldve been nice tho lol.
Edit: Currently there is discount on premium summons in the korean version, 24 rubies initial cost then 20 rubies if continue to keep pulling, I did 10 pulls for the hell of it and pulled 2 SS lol...
So we might get something similar in the future o:

Man Blackaria is so broken in PvP. People in the know put Blackaria as their helper instead of the main party. So when you insta-wipe them right out of the gate, Blackaria spawns 3 seconds later and isntantly revives the entire party and makes them invincible for 15 seconds. I don't even know how you can beat that shit.

Ventara

It's a GM Event, just like the 10+2 thing. After you stop pulling, go into your GM events and look, it'll say 6/10 or whatever, and it'll stay that way even after you stop. So you can resume later to finish off your 10+2

Oh, right. That makes sense. I was thinking of that video a while back that showed you on the premium summon screen how many S/SS you've pulled, which must've confused me.

Man Blackaria is so broken in PvP. People in the know put Blackaria as their helper instead of the main party. So when you insta-wipe them right out of the gate, Blackaria spawns 3 seconds later and isntantly revives the entire party and makes them invincible for 15 seconds. I don't even know how you can beat that shit.

But isn't her revive single target? And are you sure it's 15s? Sounds pretty long.

Chaos17

Its not "guaranteed" within 27 pulls like people kept spouting about. The premium pull has a reward system where you pull 3 of a certain rank ally to get the next one as a gift.
so its like this:
3A->1S(free)
3S->1SS(free)
3SS->1SSS(free)
And it only cares about which tier you are on so if you pull a SS when your current reward is 3A->1S it wont count for 3SS->1SSS.

The counter does not reset when you stop pulling, checked just now to make sure :p, easy SS units wouldve been nice tho lol.

Thanks for the clarifications, I am gonna put that infos on my blog because this is getting silly how much people beleive that bs after so many testemonies.

so its like this:
3A->1S(free)
3S->1SS(free)
3SS->1SSS(free)

Ahh so it's a little different than a GM event, but it still doesn't reset when you stop. Nice to know.

Edit: Alright I think I'm done with arena. 5,471 points. Thank you Swank and Thanathoz for being ridiculously easy by having 2 S and 2 SS in your parties, respectively above the 5k point mark.

I'll check in about 10 hours to make sure I'm not getting pushed down too far, but hopefully this is safe.

Uthred

Finally got a Fiercely Blazing Dagger to drop, but its stats arent great, actually I think the problem is more that the stats on my lvl 48 dagger are so good, cant afford to lose that +21.6% crit chance and +57% crit damage

Is that on the US servers? On EU it looks like you need ~6.8K just to scrape into 1%

commish

Wouldn't that only be the case if everyone dies before Blackaria is called in? That's pretty unlikely. It's more likely that, at most, one person is dead, so only that person would be revived.

Pejo

so its like this:
3A->1S(free)
3S->1SS(free)
3SS->1SSS(free)

Edit: Currently there is discount on premium summons in the korean version, 24 rubies initial cost then 20 rubies if continue to keep pulling, I did 10 pulls for the hell of it and pulled 2 SS lol...
So we might get something similar in the future o:

That's the clearest description I've ever read on this topic, thanks very much for the write-up. While that's still a pretty good bonus for what should be fairly common SS's, I don't think it's worth saving my rubies for. Next decent GM event for bonuses I'll probably spend a bunch. I reaaaalllly wish I'd have burnt them during the 2x free Premiums after 10 deal last week, after learning about this.

Wouldn't that only be the case if everyone dies before Blackaria is called in? That's pretty unlikely. It's more likely that, at most, one person is dead, so only that person would be revived.

I've had it happen more than once when fighting Blackaria in Arena. I drop 2 AoEs right off the bad that kill 2-3 people (usually DPS since they tend to have lower defensive stats). Blackaria spawns and rezzes them with invincibility with more than enough time to finish off my group)

Edit: I got her abilities wrong. It's when she dies that everyone becomes invincible, her rez is single target. Anyway she's still OP :)

Chaos17

I hope we will get one day this calendar schedule rewards (ending of season 2 in Korea)

NFhg1MF.png

http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/680764

get_file

Einbroch

Banned
Unlike other games, it seems like we're getting all the good stuff the original versions get.

Finally companies realize that "gee, this game is successful over there, let's not fuck with it".

niosh

Banned
Man Blackaria is so broken in PvP. People in the know put Blackaria as their helper instead of the main party. So when you insta-wipe them right out of the gate, Blackaria spawns 3 seconds later and isntantly revives the entire party and makes them invincible for 15 seconds.

Her revive is single target.

I use her in my main party with Shabelle as the helper.

Einbroch

Banned
~LButton::
Loop
{
WinWait, BlueStacks App Player,
IfWinNotActive, BlueStacks App Player, , WinActivate, BlueStacks App Player,
WinWaitActive, BlueStacks App Player,
MouseClick, left, 400, 650
Sleep, 200
MouseClick, left, 700, 470
}
return
RAlt::pause, toggle

Adjust the numbers to fit your resolution/screen.

Ventara

How important is Def Penetration? I'm trying to decide between 19% Def. Pen. or 35% Crit DMG + 7% ACC. I'd normally go with the latter, but my Crit DMG and ACC are already pretty high (185% and 50.7% respectively), while my Def. Pen. is only 16.3%. What do I do?

commish

How important is Def Penetration? I'm trying to decide between 19% Def. Pen. or 35% Crit DMG + 7% ACC. I'd normally go with the latter, but my Crit DMG and ACC are already pretty high (185% and 50.7% respectively), while my Def. Pen. is only 16.3%. What do I do?

What class?

garath

I sent friend request to

Garyck
Yazi
Gondola
JigsawX
Rurunakii

Please accept. I really need more good allies on my friends list. Also, I only sent request to people I recognized, so if you play a lot, tell me who you are and I'll add you. I'm Ventarina/Venttori/Ventariel

Accepted.

Anyone who needs friends is free to add me. Barrel/Bearel. Just let me know when you add me so I can accept. I receive a ton of requests from randoms.

You're full :(

For PvE content I think you want some Def Pen. Especially Labyrinth and world boss. The difference between 5% and 1% is whether or not you can clear round 30, and those guys have very high defense. For PvP I think it's not very important.

If you have Bloodwind I think it loses some of its important because Bloodwind has a 50% DEF down debuff already, so you'll probably get more benefit from Crit Dmg or Atk Speed.

Ventara

Accepted.

Thanks!

I think the answer is always crit damage for rogues. See how much the accuracy actually helps you though. I think diminishing returns should have kicked in by then.

The values listed are the actual gains. The 35% Crit DMG is what's making me hesitate. Currently, my rogue is doing decent damage when doing criticals, but not great damage like some other rogues are. But at the same time, I might not be doing great damage anyways if I can't get past their high defence.

For PvE content I think you want some Def Pen. Especially Labyrinth and world boss. The difference between 5% and 1% is whether or not you can clear round 30, and those guys have very high defense. For PvP I think it's not very important.

If you have Bloodwind I think it loses some of its important because Bloodwind has a 50% DEF down debuff already, so you'll probably get more benefit from Crit Dmg or Atk Speed.

Not planning to get Bloodwind, and the WB is something I can definitely improve on (barely make 10%, if at all). I think I might go with Def. Pen. Also, once I get a full Fircely Blazing set, that should bump my ACC above 50% and my Def. Pen. above 40%, which I think are good values to have for a DPS.

Edit: Whoops. My ACC is only 40.7%, so I'll roughly only have 45% ACC with the full set. Damn, this made the choice hard again, lol.

Yaari

Send you a invite Ventarina. TBH I don't even know what to use friends for at this point. I hope more difficult content comes soon.

That KR daily login page is pretty awesome. Makes those SS feel so insignificant haha.

Rurunaki

In my experience regarding gears for rogue I'd always go for anything with %Crit and %Crit Damage followed by Accuracy. Rogue's primary weaknesses are missing and not hitting crits. My crit ranges from 17k to 37k averaging around 27k (Deus Deathcrown Myth) usually with Vanish up (mind you I still don't have the Garden ACC and 1 more dagger for the 55 set for crit% and crit damage% bonuses.

KimChi

I think in this case Defense Pen. is better, I don't recall exactly but when I compared the same weapon with and without Defense Pen. the one with it had higher max damage on it I think(I could be wrong on that cause weapon might've had one of the weapon attack property as well). You already have a nice amount of accuracy and crit damage anyways.

Ventara

Ah, screw it. Decided to go with the Crit DMG and ACC. And I'll have around 30% Def Pen. anyways with the full set, which isn't bad.

Edit: lol, Kimchi, you're not making this easy. Now I'm undecided again, lol.

Send you a invite Ventarina. TBH I don't even know what to use friends for at this point. I hope more difficult content comes soon.

Accepted. Thanks!

Top Bottom