• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Should I assume that you added the two numbers together in every instance? Like your 5.3 crit rate number you said was 9.7%, was it actually 4.7% + 5.0%? If so, would it be possible to do the list again without the 4.7% added? I mean I can just subtract 4.7% from all your numbers myself, but there are still some strange inconsistencies. For example, the data you recorded has 34.4 crit rate = 27.5% (ignoring the 4.7% added in). But mine has 34.9 crit rate at 27.1%. More crit rate and less %. So there's something we're missing. Either one of us has a typo (I will double check mine too) or there's another piece of the puzzle.

Yeah, I included the 4.7%. Wouldn't it be better to leave it in since base crit rates apparently differ slightly and cause different increase in crit rates with the same crit rate increase equipment?

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. It's possible that this is caused by our different base crit rates (mine is 4.7% and your is 5%), but that's just a guess.

Edit: Just spent 20 skill points including a bunch of passives and I still have 5% base.

Let me post a bunch of mage builds with their base crit rate. Might be easier to figure something out from there.

Yeah, I included the 4.7%. Wouldn't it be better to leave it in since base crit rates apparently differ slightly and cause different increase in crit rates with the same crit rate increase equipment?

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. It's possible that this is caused by our different base crit rates (mine is 4.7% and your is 5%), but that's just a guess.

Let me post a bunch of mage builds with their base crit rate. Might be easier to figure something out from there.

I can try it both ways, but as long as I know your base is 4.7 i can have the spreadsheet automatically calculate the sum. Less likely for you to make an error in adding this way too. In any case, usually better to keep separate numbers separate when looking for a pattern. Since you can always reconstruct a sum, but can't easily deconstruct a sum into its original parts.

Also my numbers came from my warrior whose base is 4.6%. But it's weird because the lines intersect in multiple places, so it's hard to think of what kind of formula might be used. Do it makes me think one of our numbers are wrong

Ventara

I can try it both ways, but as long as I know your base is 4.7 i can have the spreadsheet automatically calculate the sum. Less likely for you to make an error in adding this way too. In any case, usually better to keep separate numbers separate when looking for a pattern. Since you can always reconstruct a sum, but can't easily deconstruct a sum into its original parts.

Also my numbers came from my warrior whose base is 4.6%. But it's weird because the lines intersect in multiple places, so it's hard to think of what kind of formula might be used. Do it makes me think one of our numbers are wrong

While writing down a bunch of different mage stats, I noticed that the base crit rate correlates to their level. So far <50 is 5.0, 51-52 is ??, 53 is 4.9, 54-56 is 4.8, 57-58 is 4.7, and 59-60 is 4.6. This seems to be the case for all classes as well.

While writing down a bunch of different mage stats, I noticed that the base crit rate correlates to their level. So far <50 is 5.0, 51-52 is ??, 53 is 4.9, 54-56 is 4.8, 57-58 is 4.7, and 59-60 is 4.6. This seems to be the case for all classes as well.

Ahh that makes sense. I'm still convinced one of us has a few wrong numbers though, because it doesn't make sense for the lines to intersect in multiple places like that. I'm going to check my numbers again shortly.

Ventara

Ahh that makes sense. I'm still convinced one of us has a few wrong numbers though, because it doesn't make sense for the lines to intersect in multiple places like that. I'm going to check my numbers again shortly.

It could be the levels. I'll be getting my mage to 60 this weekend and see if that changes anything.

It could be the levels. I'll be getting my mage to 60 this weekend and see if that changes anything.

Could also be the class, or a different formula for allies and heroes. Just checked on my rogue, and 50 crit rate is 32 Crit%, but one of the numbers I recorded was 48.6 crit rate = 34.3 crit %. But I mixed ally numbers together with my hero number, so maybe they're using different formulas.

Just deleted my mage and started a priest. Wonder how long it will take me to hit Chapter 2 on this priest. I don't plan to raid or do labyrinth with this character, so I think I can totally skip the accessory and item slots. Basically going at it for the 500 rubies for clearing raids. And once I get max level, should be the ultimate character for hydra.

Edit: Damn, someone on the reddit chat channel just pulled an SS from friend summon

Ventara

Wow! Combined for my 10th SSS thinking I'd get fodder #5 and get Blackaria, but I got Knight Tiel! Yes! Gonna max her right now.

FDwOIYU.jpg

Could also be the class, or a different formula for allies and heroes. Just checked on my rogue, and 50 crit rate is 32 Crit%, but one of the numbers I recorded was 48.6 crit rate = 34.3 crit %. But I mixed ally numbers together with my hero number, so maybe they're using different formulas.

This might be it. I'll try and see what my allies have and compare, though I won't have a good amount of data since equips can't be removed.

KimChi

Wow! Combined for my 10th SSS thinking I'd get fodder #5 and get Blackaria, but I got Knight Tiel! Yes! Gonna max her right now.

This might be it. I'll try and see what my allies have and compare, though I won't have a good amount of data since equips can't be removed.

Grats, really want tiel or a darn healer :/
Did 2 SSS combines and got Rogue Un and a 4th Farq dupe.... giving up on ever seeing a healer from combine at this rate T_T

meh, 28 day login bonus is still just another SS. Was hoping for 2x SS or 1x SSS. August has really broken the trend of them steadily improving the rewards every month. Kind of a bummer. Was really looking forward to the daily login refresh, buff refresh, and happy hour refresh, and all 3 were big disappointments.

Was raiding Myth Deathcrown for red armors today. Everyone got red armors except me. RNGesus has abandoned me.

Splurged my As on enhancing my SS units because I wanted more SSS units. I combined my loyal Roq with Tirud and got SSS PORIN. RNGesus has redeemed me.

Roq continues to live on as an active trooper for me within Porin.

/salutes-Ranran
/salutes-Roq

Now I need to get Porin's equipment and I really don't feel like fighting Myth Deus for that.

On a separate note, I splurged 630 rubies and got 6 S units and 25 A units (with the 6 additional premium allies from the GM event).

Uthred

Up to 10 Deathcrown essences, I know I should get rid of Patta because ADC is a straight upgrade, but I feel bad as Patta was the first decent tier SSS I got. Also hoping I get even a decent orange dagger on todays raid grind, still using 50 reds with perfect rolls for my Rogue.

Edit: Well 100 tickets later, saw one red dagger drop, in the "10 rubies to purchase" box of course ;)

Edit 2: Do we have any info on stat weights or damage mitigation? Trying to figure out if the DEF increase on this new piece of armour is worth losing the +HP on the old

Anyone know if premium drop rate affect essences?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Found an S ally after a normal mission. Felt like I won the lottery. Fed him to my Draco and got a +1. Woohoo.

Up to 10 Deathcrown essences, I know I should get rid of Patta because ADC is a straight upgrade, but I feel bad as Patta was the first decent tier SSS I got. Also hoping I get even a decent orange dagger on todays raid grind, still using 50 reds with perfect rolls for my Rogue.

Edit: Well 100 tickets later, saw one red dagger drop, in the "10 rubies to purchase" box of course ;)

Edit 2: Do we have any info on stat weights or damage mitigation? Trying to figure out if the DEF increase on this new piece of armour is worth losing the +HP on the old

Anyone know if premium drop rate affect essences?

look l through last 3 pages for a graph shaped like a curve

Sciel

I just got this beauty of an orb. Keeping it for my upcoming Draco Brightspark (she will take Loki's place in my team).

45d86d6d42.jpg

vato_loco

Did my third combine for an SSS.

Between Dark Assassin Percy, Captain Fulson and Shining Sword Loki, who should I start maxing first? I'm guessing Loki, but I wanna be absolutely sure.

Also thanks for the 30 Ruby Twitch code. I'll go back a couple of pages to see what else is new.

Limit

Can't go wrong between Fulson and Loki. I'd personally pick Fulson. That vanish skill can be clutch in difficult battles.

commish

Can't go wrong between Fulson and Loki. I'd personally pick Fulson. That vanish skill can be clutch in difficult battles.

I would say Fulson as well (even though I have Loki myself), but most people in this thread seem to prefer Loki. Both are great though.

Chaos17

I don't have enough rubies to make 10 pulls to upgrade my Dark gnall to MAX and I won't have those rubies before next week so I guess I will wait till newt week-end to make my first draco... meanwhile, I guess, I will feed it with every A I will get.

It's not a bad plan, I will be able to save up rubies that I planned to spend to buy the 4 essences that I am missing today. So that will left me sometime to farm more essences. It's a win win situation but I still feel a bit bitter though.

Maybe it's because I am longing for too long my AoE mage that I am getting impatient.

All these shit rogues in Myth Deathcrown is pissing me off. They can't crit. They can't hit. And their DPS is pretty much shit.

This game is incredibly frustrating. I hate not being able to see who I'm being paired up with so that I can leave the matchmaking and let it continue pairing shit tier retards with other shit tier retards.

How are these assholes even lvl 60 if they cannot crit to save their shitty lives?

It is also absurd that clearing a raid with SS gives you a blue. Grrrr

Uthred

Do they introduce any kind of raid matchmaking later on? i.e. where it creates balanced groups by default. Are there just no Priests raiding? Getting tired of being thrown into groups with two or three tanks (who are too cheap to buy scrolls) at least with DPS you have a shot of burning it down (though mages seems a bit lacklustre in Phoenix)

Rurunaki

All these shit rogues in Myth Deathcrown is pissing me off. They can't crit. They can't hit. And their DPS is pretty much shit.

This game is incredibly frustrating. I hate not being able to see who I'm being paired up with so that I can leave the matchmaking and let it continue pairing shit tier retards with other shit tier retards.

How are these assholes even lvl 60 if they cannot crit to save their shitty lives?

What's more annoying are Mages who sheeps the minions when Deus flies up.. He won't come down until the sheep effect is off the minion (even when it's already dead) and just proceeds to pummel you from the air for free.

Do they introduce any kind of raid matchmaking later on? i.e. where it creates balanced groups by default. Are there just no Priests raiding? Getting tired of being thrown into groups with two or three tanks (who are too cheap to buy scrolls) at least with DPS you have a shot of burning it down (though mages seems a bit lacklustre in Phoenix)

My mag priest is currently lvl 58. It'll take another week or two to get to level 60. I wish that these Labyrinth runs would give EXP as well. It'd be much more worthwhile than trying to burn my shoes.

What's more annoying are Mages who sheeps the minions when Deus flies up.. He won't come down until the sheep effect is off the minion (even when it's already dead) and just proceeds to pummel you from the air for free.

Yeah, that drags the fight longer and the longer the fight goes on, the worse your score becomes.

Ventara

My mag priest is currently lvl 58. It'll take another week or two to get to level 60. I wish that these Labyrinth runs would give EXP as well. It'd be much more worthwhile than trying to burn my shoes.

Yeah, that drags the fight longer and the longer the fight goes on, the worse your score becomes.

You should really try to get to 60 as soon as possible. Even without the exp potion, it'll only takes about a week of semi-dedicated grinding. All the good players have moved on to the Phoenix. The equipment from S2 normal dungeons are better anyways. Don't waste time grinding Deathcrown.

Your score doesn't affect the items you get, only the gold and experience, which is so paltry as to be meaningless.

Rurunaki

Is there a compilation for the Party Effects? In case, I have some of the characters needed to complete those and I don't want to combine them by accident.

Is there a compilation for the Party Effects? In case, I have some of the characters needed to complete those and I don't want to combine them by accident.

Allies ==> Party Effects ==> All

You should really try to get to 60 as soon as possible. Even without the exp potion, it'll only takes about a week of semi-dedicated grinding. All the good players have moved on to the Phoenix. The equipment from S2 normal dungeons are better anyways. Don't waste time grinding Deathcrown.

Your score doesn't affect the items you get, only the gold and experience, which is so paltry as to be meaningless.

What would you recommend is a good place to farm for EXP? I've been farming Spider 9 because that's the only place that I can reliably clear without any issues at the moment.

JigsawX

Raid Drops started off pretty solid. SSS dagger, staff, helm and one more. 4 Staffs though and only one orb. Also 2 5/6 sets but no boots for either. Also seeing Red in 1/3 of the chests I want to say. Now not getting any red but I only really want boots though :/

commish

Raid Drops started off pretty solid. SSS dagger, staff, helm and one more. 4 Staffs though and only one orb. Also 2 5/6 sets but no boots for either. Also seeing Red in 1/3 of the chests I want to say. Now not getting any red but I only really want boots though :/

Weapons drop pretty regularly. I have enough SSS weapons at this point for even my bench SSS. It's the armor that I am having a problem with.

First 30 raid tix, only purple and blue. At least give me an orange so I can enhance stuff! 100% increase my butt.

Ventara

What would you recommend is a good place to farm for EXP? I've been farming Spider 9 because that's the only place that I can reliably clear without any issues at the moment.

That's what I used, though I eventually switched to Hermit Lake 9 because I had all the gear I wanted from the spider boss and I could get A allies there. It's pretty easy, except for the boss which will poison your team. Bring revives or try to kill it quickly. One thing though is that it gives slightly less exp, though that's mitigated when the stages are 5 parts (I feel it's 50/50 whether the stage is 4 or 5 parts), which give more experience.

Anyways, if you can do 70-80 runs/day during the exp bonus, you should definitely be 60 before the weekends over

arevin01

Myth Deathcrown? He's the easier raid bosses that I just go auto on.

That's what I used, though I eventually switched to Hermit Lake 9 because I had all the gear I wanted from the spider boss and I could get A allies there. It's pretty easy, except for the boss which will poison your team. Bring revives or try to kill it quickly. One thing though is that it gives slightly less exp, though that's mitigated when the stages are 5 parts (I feel it's 50/50 whether the stage is 4 or 5 parts), which give more experience.

Anyways, if you can do 70-80 runs/day during the exp bonus, you should definitely be 60 before the weekends over

I'd say u get an A ally every 200 shoes so time and effort farming for A allies isnt worth it, but if you just wanna have a place to spend shoes then sure.

Chaos17

Weapons drop pretty regularly. I have enough SSS weapons at this point for even my bench SSS. It's the armor that I am having a problem with.

First 30 raid tix, only purple and blue. At least give me an orange so I can enhance stuff! 100% increase my butt.

First wave of raid bonus, I was pretty lucky (luch time through 3 pm)
I got like 3 or 4 loot raids SSS.
Then during second wave of raid bonus I got 0 reds.

Yup, that bonus raid drop look like a scam sometimes.

Top Bottom