• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

All these shit rogues in Myth Deathcrown is pissing me off. They can't crit. They can't hit. And their DPS is pretty much shit.

This game is incredibly frustrating. I hate not being able to see who I'm being paired up with so that I can leave the matchmaking and let it continue pairing shit tier retards with other shit tier retards.

How are these assholes even lvl 60 if they cannot crit to save their shitty lives?

It is also absurd that clearing a raid with SS gives you a blue. Grrrr

I'm of the belief that raid score has zero impact on the loot quality.

I've seen it repeatedly stated that better score yields better loot but as far as I can tell that started with the gamelytic site and has perpetuated ever since with no actual evidence.

arevin01

First wave of raid bonus, I was pretty lucky (luch time through 3 pm)
I got like 3 or 4 raids.
Then during second wave of raid bonus I got 0 reds.

Yup, that bonus raid drop look like a scam sometimes.

Someone must have some data somewhere or we could start tracking the bonus effect. These are my results from using 60 tickets.

Total of 2 chest red drops.
Myself got 3 reds, 7 SS, 10 purple, and 10 blues.
And my last run at 4:59 PM was a red chest. It has STA, HP, Def, and res.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Someone must have some data somewhere or we could start tracking the bonus effect. These are my results from using 60 tickets.

Each time I see "res" on an item, a bit of me dies inside. Anything but res, please!

I started doing this, but stopped about 50 runs in because I realized I'm colorblind and all my blues and purples were mixed up. If you want to do this, you need keep track of every slot individually. Don't combine all the results into a big sum like 3 SSS, 7 SS, 10 S, 10 A. Instead write down, for every run, the rarity of EACH item in each of the 4 slots, the rarity of the ruby purchase slot, which slot you chose, and what bonus was in effect. (0%, 50%, 100%)

arevin01

I started doing this, but stopped about 50 runs in because I realized I'm colorblind and all my blues and purples were mixed up. If you want to do this, you need keep track of every slot individually. Don't combine all the results into a big sum like 3 SSS, 7 SS, 10 S, 10 A. Instead write down, for every run, the rarity of EACH item in each of the 4 slots, the rarity of the ruby purchase slot, which slot you chose, and what bonus was in effect. (0%, 50%, 100%)

lol perhaps this is something I will start doing when Im really bored.

Kitoro

So what kind of essence type items will the angels require when they come? Will we need to farm specific types for each of them, or no?

JigsawX

Well so far farmed a 38 and a 43% gold rings, 21.84% exp ring, another dud ring. Latest SSS was a dupe Belle Snow, made me feel funny.

Got nothing good today ;_; what's the best place to farm essences?

I usually farm Spider 9 for EXP but typically get essences instead of armor or other equipment.

wabeptX.png

I am one essence short for Bloodwind but I am nowhere near ready to getting even Pitch maxed since I just got Porin. I don't see myself getting Bloodwind until maybe a month later or so.

Chaos17

This might sound weird but I've the feeling that :
- spider drops more Greysoul and Bloodwind
- dragon faery drop more Brightspark and Deathcrown

Because I got these essences by farming mainly faery dragon :
DfLcdr5.png

Good thing to know that both drop regulary Blackaria essences.

DfLcdr5.png

I got all of my essences from Spider 9 though...

StuffRuff

Seems this game does not want to let me go. Sunday story time:

Thought I was having some decent luck finally with combines after getting Tiel and Farq to add to my team of Byron and RanRan.

Was still lacking a decent healer in Myth though, as RanRan was starting to get one shotted constantly and I was stuck at Deserted Tower for the past two days despite lvl 60 friend allies. Was having no luck with Maxing my SSS with constant failures so thought I would have to bite the bullet and pray to replace RanRan.

Combined again - Freyd.
And again - Freyd. Wtf. Surely not again.
Once more - Freyd.........rage quit the game for a good day or so.

Only had a handful of allies left and no source of Rubies anymore so felt like I was going to abandon the game and be thankful for the fun its gave me. Was so pissed off I started using my last remaining SS to start 100% enhancing my other last two SS (I know, sacrilege but I said to myself it either works or I walk away from the game for good and theres no point having any allies left at all). Maxed the first SS, +6 the second SS and then I'm stuck with two A and one C allies as my only remaining fodder, as in all I had left was my main team, the two enhanced SS and these lousy 3 remaining fodder left. Grinded for a bit more gold, used the first A and kept my fingers crossed. Fail. Used the second A. Fail. All hope remaining on this last C. Success!!!

So here I am with these last remaining SS ready for a combine. This either works and I can get a decent result or the game is deleted and I return for maybe next season. Hit the combine button..........

Shabelle!!! Could not believe it. Finally I might be able to push my way through Myth and get to the chapter 2 content. So now I'll have to start grinding for fodder again. Slightly regretting wasting all of my SS and S on combining for Shabelle but who knows how long I would have been waiting and it brings me to a reasonable team of Byron, Tiel, Farq, Shabelle and myself DoD Rogue. Watch this space!!

Vitanimus

Thought I was having some decent luck finally with combines after getting Tiel and Farq to add to my team of Byron and RanRan.

Was still lacking a decent healer in Myth though, as RanRan was starting to get one shotted constantly and I was stuck at Deserted Tower for the past two days despite lvl 60 friend allies. Was having no luck with Maxing my SSS with constant failures so thought I would have to bite the bullet and pray to replace RanRan.

Combined again - Freyd.

Only had a handful of allies left and no source of Rubies anymore so felt like I was going to abandon the game and be thankful for the fun its gave me. Was so pissed off I started using my last remaining SS to start 100% enhancing my other last two SS (I know, sacrilege but I said to myself it either works or I walk away from the game for good and theres no point having any allies left at all). Maxed the first SS, +6 the second SS and then I'm stuck with two A and one C allies as my only remaining fodder, as in all I had left was my main team, the two enhanced SS and these lousy 3 remaining fodder left. Grinded for a bit more gold, used the first A and kept my fingers crossed. Fail. Used the second A. Fail. All hope remaining on this last C. Success!!!

So here I am with these last remaining SS ready for a combine. This either works and I can get a decent result or the game is deleted and I return for maybe next season. Hit the combine button..........

Shabelle!!! Could not believe it. Finally I might be able to push my way through Myth and get to the chapter 2 content. So now I'll have to start grinding for fodder again. Slightly regretting wasting all of my SS and S on combining for Shabelle but who knows how long I would have been waiting and it brings me to a reasonable team of Byron, Tiel, Farq, Shabelle and myself DoD Rogue. Watch this space!!

this game loves to fuck you about ;_;

also, what do you guys do with all your excess accessories? I have a bunch of them that are pretty useless on allies and i can't use them as material fodder.

garath

this game loves to fuck you about ;_;

also, what do you guys do with all your excess accessories? I have a bunch of them that are pretty useless on allies and i can't use them as material fodder.

Sell em. If they have any value at all I throw them on my allies even if its just a placeholder but other than that, sell

Chaos17

Combined again - Freyd.

Gratz, your hard work paid off :)

vato_loco

I am seeing myself slowly drifting away towards the 30% group in Arena. Apparently everyone starts doing Arena starting Friday, so I'm going ever so slowly down the ladder. And I can't go back as easy either, all my opponents are level 50 or higher.

Spent all my fodder leveling SS for that Loki summon, and last night I got nothing from the bonus. But I'll get there. I just need a bloody Ranran already...

garath

Need suggestions.

I have a lot of SS, a lot of S, 10 or so As.

Current roster:

SSS max Byron
SSS max captain turq
SSS max dark arrow Farq
SS max viri
SSS +6 mage pari
SSS +2 gar
SSS loki
SSS windlune
SSS fire wizard whay

Would maxing whay or loki be stronger in my current party? I'm generally a 5% placer in the various events. I'd like to be stronger if possible. Though I'm thinking I also need to hammer out some more SSS for fodder or maybe a lucky shabelle or something.

I'm 5 or more for every essence so I could go any direction for ascending. Probably do Farq into bloodwind first if things keep going the way they are. Just no SSS I'd want to sac yet except maybe gar. He was my first SSS lol.

Einbroch

Banned
I am seeing myself slowly drifting away towards the 30% group in Arena. Apparently everyone starts doing Arena starting Friday, so I'm going ever so slowly down the ladder. And I can't go back as easy either, all my opponents are level 50 or higher.

Spent all my fodder leveling SS for that Loki summon, and last night I got nothing from the bonus. But I'll get there. I just need a bloody Ranran already...
Same. My awful luck with combines is causing me to fall further and further back every week.

rip

Chaos17

Personally, I didn't do the arena before being level max.

Limit

The rate of B tier ally drops and above is abysmal in chapter 2. It's been a week and I am nowhere near maxing two ss allies to make an sss. And I can't go back to farming myth mode because then I lose out on essence drops.

B tier shouldn't be this rare in the current highest level map of the game.

arevin01

Well I'm not sure the 6 piece fiercly set is worth it to use when it drops my HP down 5k and DPs 1k from my 2 set bonuses from fiercely, phoenix, and mythical.

The rate of B tier ally drops and above is abysmal in chapter 2. It's been a week and I am nowhere near maxing two ss allies to make an sss. And I can't go back to farming myth mode because then I lose out on essence drops.

I have a schedule of using the free 30 shoes every 5 hours so that's 90 shoes total. I tend to average 2-3 allies every 30 shoes just got 3 Bs and 1 C from my 30 shoes. If you use your friend, some how at the end of the day I end up with 300 friend points so that's another 10 pulls making it about 19 free allies just from shoes a day.

Nekki

Been playing this for a while, in short bursts. Is there any way to obtain Rapport faster?? Not that I mind much anyway, just curious.

arevin01

Been playing this for a while, in short bursts. Is there any way to obtain Rapport faster?? Not that I mind much anyway, just curious.

If you're lucky and sometimes I am, you can get 100 rapport just using 6 shoes. 2 runs in first area and level of Legend and one run on boss stage of Deserted Tower legend provided nobody dies so have revive scrolls ready.

Einbroch

Banned

Every enemy killed is 1 rapport. Every level is also 1 rapport.

The farther you get in the game the easier it is.

Sciel

DfLcdr5.png

I think its just rng at its finest.
Have farmed the dragon faery almost exclusively and on hand have 15 Greysoul (I don't even...), 7 Bloodwind (mine is at +2 now wtf) , 10 Brightspark , 9 Deathcrown, 4 Blackaria.

Actually I feel its a bit higher than Chapter 1. Have gotten B's at Lake 9 quite often.

Need suggestions.

I have a lot of SS, a lot of S, 10 or so As.

Current roster:

SSS max Byron
SSS max captain turq
SSS max dark arrow Farq
SS max viri
SSS +6 mage pari
SSS +2 gar
SSS loki
SSS windlune
SSS fire wizard whay

Would maxing whay or loki be stronger in my current party? I'm generally a 5% placer in the various events. I'd like to be stronger if possible. Though I'm thinking I also need to hammer out some more SSS for fodder or maybe a lucky shabelle or something.

I'm 5 or more for every essence so I could go any direction for ascending. Probably do Farq into bloodwind first if things keep going the way they are. Just no SSS I'd want to sac yet except maybe gar. He was my first SSS lol.
I assume your team is

Main
Byron
Farq
Viri
Turq

Its a solid team but outside of WB, not a fan of Farq at all lol.
I've never used Whay before but I like Loki honestly. He's got a nice skillset for almost every type of content.

goober

I think its just rng at its finest.
Have farmed the dragon faery almost exclusively and on hand have 15 Greysoul (I don't even...), 7 Bloodwind (mine is at +2 now wtf) , 10 Brightspark , 9 Deathcrown, 4 Blackaria.

Actually I feel its a bit higher than Chapter 1. Have gotten B's at Lake 9 quite often.

I want Greysoul! I have freyd right now and she's not too great. Only have about 3 essences though

KimChi

Same. My awful luck with combines is causing me to fall further and further back every week.

rip

Have you both considered grinding out arena wins when they restart on tuesday? So far I've found it way easier to get wins that way instead of waiting until later in the week when all the stronger teams have ranked in arena. I got 3500 point within the first 2 days I think and i've held 1.6% in ranking currently.
Vato it sounds like your not level 60 yet? If not it is a bit unreasonable to expect to rank too high in arena atm.

Need suggestions.
I think either is fine tbh, loki is really good if you can get atk speed buff on him. He will auto attack without almost any delay while waiting on skills to finish cd. I havent seen whay in action myself personally but I always hear she is really strong so I doubt you can go wrong with whoever you choose.
Idk what difficulty you are on but if you are on Myth do Gnollwood 4. Its guarantee max rapport in 3 runs, just need to keep ally alive.

Does anyone know if Draco Brightspark auto atttack is aoe? The description hints it as so but just want to make sure. She might be my next draco since I still have no healer and have 11 blackaria essence ._.

I don't know how you guys do this arena shit. Figured I would try to get top 1% this week for the title, then go back to farming 5% every week. I'm stuck at about 3900 points. I win less than 20% of battles. And yes, I'm cherry picking, but I still lose. Not like I have a weak team. I'm using Rogue, Bloodwind+6, Mercedes+MAX, Turq MAX+3, Deathcrown MAX. For the heper I've tried Gram+MAX and Ranran MAX+4. Ranran seems to be a little better but for every step forward I seem to take 2 steps back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know how you guys do this arena shit. Figured I would try to get top 1% this week for the title, then go back to farming 5% every week. I'm stuck at about 3900 points. I win less than 20% of battles. And yes, I'm cherry picking, but I still lose. Not like I have a weak team. I'm using Rogue, Bloodwind+6, Mercedes+MAX, Turq MAX+3, Deathcrown MAX. For the heper I've tried Gram+MAX and Ranran MAX+4. Ranran seems to be a little better but for every step forward I seem to take 2 steps back.

Why wouldn't you use gram on your normal team instead of helper? Gear also matters.

Why wouldn't you use gram on your normal team instead of helper? Gear also matters.

Gear is also really good. I tried Gram on the main team before but who would you swap out? Turq has 8k ATK with 40% crit rate, with really strong AoE and sheep. I use Deathcrown because has 2 AoEs one of which is a stun. Bloodwind is obvious, and I need a healer. So where do I fit Gram in?

vato_loco

Vato it sounds like your not level 60 yet? If not it is a bit unreasonable to expect to rank too high in arena atm.
60? I'm not even 40 yet. It's pretty unrealistic, I see that now, seeing how everyone right now is far stronger than me. Ah well, I'll wait until the next 50% EXP and blow everything then.

Einbroch

Banned
Since I'm an idiot, I rebirthed again. Because I was bored.

Rebirthed Karang into Ranger Kay. I'm pretty happy. She seems alright and can turn into Bloodwind, which is what I needed.

I'll take it, game, I'll take it.

Personally, I didn't do the arena before being level max.

My sheep mage is only lvl 57 and is now in the top 1% because my various pit-a-pat bonuses and whatnot gave me a whole bunch of raid tickets and not much shoes. >_>

Gear is also really good. I tried Gram on the main team before but who would you swap out? Turq has 8k ATK with 40% crit rate, with really strong AoE and sheep. I use Deathcrown because has 2 AoEs one of which is a stun. Bloodwind is obvious, and I need a healer. So where do I fit Gram in?

I would put Deathcrown as a helper and use Gram as part of the main team because Gram has that bubble and his normal attacks disable skills.

My reasoning is that during a head-on fight, the main team absolutely has to survive the first volley as well as dish out its own volley of attacks. Once the helpers come in, the role of the helpers is to finish the fight ASAP. This is why my sheep mage team looks like this:
-Gram
-Whay
-Porin
-Mer
Helper = Ann

Also, if the enemy team has a sheep mage at all, having Ann come in later has actually saved my bacon.

Chaos17

I did some guild battle today with my friend and we laughed again hard.
We met a team with +7 Bloodwind and MAX Draco Deathcrown with our +4 Gram (mine, yes that's lame lol) and with +4 Greysoul (friend) and we won many matches against them.
Because they had less good equipements than our team, lol.

In the begining we tough : "oh man we're getting to get destroyed!"
lol

Kalavaras

Banned
Can anyone confirm if accuracy helps to land sheep? I'm getting mixed answers on google and I totally feel like pumping up my accuracy helps. Finally got some lvl60 SSS gear with accuracy for my sheep mage and I landed a ton of sheeps. It hasn't been unusual to miss the sheep and get no additional sheep proccs but today I just rocked the Guild battles by getting 2-3 sheeps all the time. This was also done against rank1-5 guilds with lvl60 people so I could assume they've some immunity on them.

Einbroch

Banned
Can anyone confirm if accuracy helps to land sheep? I'm getting mixed answers on google and I totally feel like pumping up my accuracy helps. Finally got some lvl60 SSS gear with accuracy for my sheep mage and I landed a ton of sheeps. It hasn't been unusual to miss the sheep and get no additional sheep proccs but today I just rocked the Guild battles by getting 2-3 sheeps all the time. This was also done against rank1-5 guilds with lvl60 people so I could assume they've some immunity on them.

Yes, it does. If someone has 10% immunity and your spell has a 100% success chance, your chance to succeed is 90%. If you have 10% accuracy, it'd be 100%.

arevin01

Best gold accessory I have is Misty Fortress's Marvelous Ring, 39%. And yes it drops from Foggy Rampart. It can roll either EXP or Gold, so that's kind of a bummer when you're trying to get a specific one.

Farmed for that gold ring and it was easy with the buff, my gold roll is 49%, pretty awesome.

Arsin

So I am stuck on the last lv of Legend. I am a lv 51 priest with 2 SSS and 2 SS. Not sure what I should be doing now, but I just can't seem to take down the last boss. If anyone would like to send me a friend request so I can get though this that would be awesome. Account name is Arsin619, character name Brois.

Thanks!

Shouta

Been playing off and on but finally got 50 on my Priest, lol. 250 Rubies ahoy.

How does starting a new char work, do you keep your allies? Can you get the 250 rubies again? lol

garath

So I am stuck on the last lv of Legend. I am a lv 51 priest with 2 SSS and 2 SS. Not sure what I should be doing now, but I just can't seem to take down the last boss. If anyone would like to send me a friend request so I can get though this that would be awesome. Account name is Arsin619, character name Brois.

Thanks!

Sent you a friend invite. With the 100% bonus it should help. My char name is garyck

Couple other tips:

Go with two healer - you and another. If you can out sustain his three waves then you have it in the bag. Also if you haven't already, unlock all three item slots and load them with three sets of revive scrolls.

Einbroch

Banned
Been playing off and on but finally got 50 on my Priest, lol. 250 Rubies ahoy.

How does starting a new char work, do you keep your allies? Can you get the 250 rubies again? lol

Not for characters, but you do for raids. It's a couple hundreds free rubies for first clears, but it's on a per class basis.

Top Bottom