• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

Got like 700 Rubies but obviously not going to use them knowing that they do that 10+2 free sometimes. I'm not sure why they don't leave it on permanently, they are not really helping their sales by taking it away every few weeks.

Pakman

They did readjust the skills of ascended Deathcrown and Greysoul during the last update. I'm not sure if it was a buff or nerf. Let me try to find the info and I'll get back to you.

Edit: Here it is, looks like a buff:
http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze.c...L&articleid=1012442&referrerAllArticles=false

I can never get that cafe.naver stuff to pop up in my browser correctly. Always takes me to the main boards and not the specific topic. Regardless that's good to hear... I may just wait for Luiel.... Judging by the Deathcrown Q&A, if the next part of season 2 is releasing in August, I'm hopeful we get the first group of Angels then. And judging by some KR arena vids Luiel seems she is still heavily used even in S3.

Chaos17

I don't remember who said that we might get essence per race during season 2 and not anymore per character but I think he was right because a new essence was introduced with the first wave of angel. I apologize for doubting that person.

Source : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/468301

Unfortuanlly, I can't be 100% sure of that information since the Google translate is horribly translating that part, so I can only guess -.-' But if it's come true, I will be happy that it will come soon and wonder what will happen to our dracos essences.

Pejo

arevin01

Got like 700 Rubies but obviously not going to use them knowing that they do that 10+2 free sometimes. I'm not sure why they don't leave it on permanently, they are not really helping their sales by taking it away every few weeks.

Where do you check when they have the promotion?

Otheradam

Do any f2p players have a draco yet? I've been playing since launch and have 8 SSS but only 4 I am willing to feed into another to deify. Wondering how everyone else is doing.

If you're p2w, how much does a $100 ruby package get you? I'm wondering how much a SSS cost to make if you're paying. Anyone done any estimates?

Also, is the main gaf guild still alive? I got put in the alt guild when the game started and it's pretty dead (14-ish people in it). Who do I contact for an invite?

Salamande

Hahaha, nope.

gRPdJiswOLwcJmP-XJGj0ybP2walMFf7RKrR1vMcKc0=w1218-h464-no

I've been seeing a lot of these maxed-out Draco teams lately. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Do any f2p players have a draco yet? I've been playing since launch and have 8 SSS but only 4 I am willing to feed into another to deify. Wondering how everyone else is doing.

If you're p2w, how much does a $100 ruby package get you? I'm wondering how much a SSS cost to make if you're paying. Anyone done any estimates?

Also, is the main gaf guild still alive? I got put in the alt guild when the game started and it's pretty dead (14-ish people in it). Who do I contact for an invite?

There's a lot of luck that goes into this game. Some people pull SSS out of a premium summon, which saves you at least a week or 2 of resources. And of course enhancing your allies is all about luck, not to mention farming enough essences.

The $100 ruby package gives you an SSS right off the bat, so that's the best part about it. You also get the 1300 rubies and you can definitely make SSS or two out of that. Not sure about making multiple SSS though. RNG is RNG.

Hahaha, nope.

I've been seeing a lot of these maxed-out Draco teams lately. Maybe it's just my bad luck.

I've seen some all-ultimate, all-draco teams. I can't even imagine how much that team costs.

Ventara

Most of us are f2p players. I'm a f2p player and have a Draco + 5 SSS. Started about a month after release. Never got anything above S in premium pulls. It's all about how much you play.

$100 isn't gonna get you much, so I don't recommend it. It'll get you 2 SSS at most, plus the free SSS. It'll probably be closer to $250-300 for a Draco.

The main guild is very much alive. Garth is the guild leader.

Hahaha, nope.

gRPdJiswOLwcJmP-XJGj0ybP2walMFf7RKrR1vMcKc0=w1218-h464-no

There was a guy with all Draco unit at ultimate on Day 1. Must've cost thousands.

arevin01

I'm f2p and started 2 months ago and if I were to spend all my resources now I could prolly make a Draco but that would just about cost all my resources. Sitting on 2500 rubies with 9 SSS, 1 SS, and 11 S which 8 are maxed and 16 As. I'm saving to keep making more SSS.

KimChi

This game is trolling me so hard.. "Oh you have a MAX Shabelle.. It would be a shame if your next SSS is Mercedes" ;_;
Pfft at least you have a SSS healer, combined for a third fricken aura windlune today. Every single combine since Deathcrown has been a Dupe for me, if not for Draco's I'd drop the game now cause all these dupes are making me so salty T_T

Search up NeoGAF in the guild tab, request to join and post your character name.
I'm f2p and I'm nearing my second draco actually, just waiting on the discount for ally enhance on the weekend.

So if you're not using all 10 attempts at world boss, you're really missing out. For starters, apparently you get 5 rubies for using all 10 attempts. Not alot, but hey I'll take it. Secondly, it's more efficient than Labyrinth for gold. I got 730k points on Hydra which got me 30k gold, 50% more than I get on my best Labyrinth run, and in 1/4 of the time.

Otheradam

Pfft at least you have a SSS healer, combined for a third fricken aura windlune today. Every single combine since Deathcrown has been a Dupe for me, if not for Draco's I'd drop the game now cause all these dupes are making me so salty T_T

Search up NeoGAF in the guild tab, request to join and post your character name.
I'm f2p and I'm nearing my second draco actually, just waiting on the discount for ally enhance on the weekend.

Cool, my character name is Dapo. I requested to join the guild.

commish

So if you're not using all 10 attempts at world boss, you're really missing out. For starters, apparently you get 5 rubies for using all 10 attempts. Not alot, but hey I'll take it. Secondly, it's more efficient than Labyrinth for gold. I got 730k points on Hydra which got me 30k gold, 50% more than I get on my best Labyrinth run, and in 1/4 of the time.

I didn't realize this until this morning. I usually do only 1 or 2 runs, get my normal top 5%, then move on. Didn't even notice how much gold there is.

KimChi

Wasn't even aware of that, like commish I usually just do 1-2 runs. Nice to know, thanks.

Salamande

For another data point, I'm mostly F2P. I've dropped a couple of bucks here, 5 bucks there on rubies, but very rarely. I wouldn't even dream of buying the $100 package.

I only have one Draco, and only 4 other SSS'es besides, so I'm moving pretty slowly. I'm concentrating on building up the team I have now, so it'll probably be a while before I get another.

Rurunaki

F2P here.. nowhere near a Draco unit.. I'm too busy bring my SSS units up to speed.. trying to farm their gears..

Someday, my dream is to be on the 5% of the weekly events.. not gonna happen when I'm flooded by tank and healer allies ;_;

Ventara

Throw me in with commish and Kimchi as not knowing. I do recall getting some rubies the first time. Don't know why I didn't connect the dots. But yeah, the gold is awesome. Got me 25K per run.

Chaos17

I didn't got my rubies after doing all 10 tries T_T
(just tried it)

KimChi

I can see why the korean priest builds only use magnify and ignore everything else after trying out my priest on hydra.
Level up just the immunity and def passive and your party probably wont have to worry about the stuns from hydra. Plus the priest heal is garbage even at level 10, only worth getting the heal ult if you want your priest to heal at all. Kinda wish I used the free skill reset to try that build, oh well. Highest I can do is only 500k with current party lol.

Chaos17

While checking the quest log because of the world bosses I realsed that I will soon get some rubies if I finish X time X raid and I am talking about 10+ rubies.
I am so close to complete some of those quests.
Dear Phoenix, I think I am gonna make you wait a little, lol.

It's both Golem and Hydra.

You don't get the (10 attempt) rubies till the rewards are able to be claimed, they will appear in your mailbox.

Thanks for the tip!

I can see why the korean priest builds only use magnify and ignore everything else after trying out my priest on hydra.
Level up just the immunity and def passive and your party probably wont have to worry about the stuns from hydra. Plus the priest heal is garbage even at level 10, only worth getting the heal ult if you want your priest to heal at all. Kinda wish I used the free skill reset to try that build, oh well. Highest I can do is only 500k with current party lol.

Even in the US build, it's already working. Look at #1 on Hydra, he uses exactly that build. If you stack Atk Speed on your Priest and even better put someone like Windlune in your party, your priest's auto attack heal will already be sufficient.

This is why I'm racing to level my priest. Already 35 and finished Hero mode. Hopefully these 100 shoes will help me make some progress.

Uthred

Damn, lost against a Warrior team in Arena, my glorious 215 win streak ended by my Rogue hubris. I hate when you blow through a full stack (500+) of Friend Points summons and only get C's, B's often feel like the rarest unit

Google translate didn't work on the banner image that shows the changes, what did they do to Deathcrown, if you don't mind me asking?

Well I don't know Korean myself and this is going off of google translate app on smartphones:

Mark of death: before 822% dmg = after 100% hit at 1097% dmg and buffing 35% party
dmg to target?

Taunt: before 10 sec invincible and provoke = after 14 sec invincible and provoke

Passive: life and death - 412% dmg aoe,15% chance the breath will last for 16 sec, at a 33% activation rate = after 506% dmg aoe, 15% chance the breath will last 18 sec 35% activation rate+ invincibility buff

That's the best I can do with the app.

garath

I struggle hard with the world bosses. Rarely do more than break 15% when I easily get top 5% in the other weekly events. Probably my team makeup. Maybe if I can manage to create bloodwind soon that will help.

I struggle hard with the world bosses. Rarely do more than break 15% when I easily get top 5% in the other weekly events. Probably my team makeup. Maybe if I can manage to create bloodwind soon that will help.

Bloodwind doubled my score against Hydra instantly. Aside from that, here are some other things you can do:

1. make sure that you aren't using auto battle. Save your burst damage for when you see the message about rage mode, and hit it then. Like Vanish+DoD for example.
  2. Bring out your helper just before the third rage.
  3. For Hydra, your main party should be 3 AoE DPS and 1 AoE healer. Helper should be DPS
  4. For Golem, your main party + helper should be 5 DPS.
  5. Bring passives like +Atk Speed (Aura Windlune) and Defense Down (Bloodwind, Archer Ur, Rogue Un). Makes a huge difference.
  6. Level up a priest and go with the 0 active heal build

commish

Damn, lost against a Warrior team in Arena, my glorious 215 win streak ended by my Rogue hubris. I hate when you blow through a full stack (500+) of Friend Points summons and only get C's, B's often feel like the rarest unit

Someone was saying they got some As earlier out of friend summon. Amazing if so.

I'm at 6000 for Arena. That's good enough for top 1% I feel. Going to retire until Tuesday.

KimChi

Even in the US build, it's already working. Look at #1 on Hydra, he uses exactly that build. If you stack Atk Speed on your Priest and even better put someone like Windlune in your party, your priest's auto attack heal will already be sufficient.

This is why I'm racing to level my priest. Already 35 and finished Hero mode. Hopefully these 100 shoes will help me make some progress.
Yea I've seen that, any particular accessories that have atk speed? I might just do a skill reset next week or so when I've saved enough rubies.

Bloodwind can definitely help. Though it would be preferable if you have some gear prepped for him or have extra essences to enhance him a bit at the least.

Someone was saying they got some As earlier out of friend summon. Amazing if so.

I'm at 6000 for Arena. That's good enough for top 1% I feel. Going to retire until Tuesday.

That was me, and after more friend summons I have to say I've been getting A's semi-regularly. Even got an S once. All of this is since chapter 2 hit, so I feel like it was stealth buffed. About 2 days after the launch of chapter 2, I saw a guy pull an SS from friend summon in chat.

Chaos17

Hmm, is it only lava golem i wonder? Someone in guild chat said they got 5 rubies, that's where i got that from

Found it : in the reward screen of each stuff (WB, Lab) scroll down and you will see the (weekly) reward. First time that noticed that, I feel dumb, lol

Yea I've seen that, any particular accessories that have atk speed? I might just do a skill reset next week or so when I've saved enough rubies.

I have a few of those roses with Atk Speed. I'm not sure if Tiel's Divine Earring or Garden's Power Earring can roll Atk Speed, those would be the other 2 that I would try. I've gotten about 5 Tiel's Earring though and so far I've only seen Accuracy and Crit Rate.

garath

Bloodwind doubled my score against Hydra instantly. Aside from that, here are some other things you can do:

1. make sure that you aren't using auto battle. Save your burst damage for when you see the message about rage mode, and hit it then. Like Vanish+DoD for example.
  3. For Hydra, your main party should be 3 AoE DPS and 1 AoE healer. Helper should be DPS
  5. Bring passives like +Atk Speed (Aura Windlune) and Defense Down (Bloodwind, Archer Ur, Rogue Un). Makes a huge difference.

Great tips. Thanks. I think half my problem is I have been keeping my tank in the party. Best to ditch him and put another dps in there.

Uthred

I think you start with one in the active heal skill by default, is it worth respeccing to set it to 0 or would 1 not make much of a difference?

commish

I actually don't use any healer at all - I just use my Ari, and she (He? it?) can do a good enough job to get me to about 630k. I don't even have 5 good DPS to use!

commish

Hydra or Golem? TBH I don't know what Ari's skills are. What does he do?

Hydra. Ari is a Paladin. Has the basic single target heal as one of his skills but is otherwise more of a tanky dps type creature. I guess he qualifies as a healer, just not a designated healer.

Whizkid7

Throw me in with commish and Kimchi as not knowing. I do recall getting some rubies the first time. Don't know why I didn't connect the dots. But yeah, the gold is awesome. Got me 25K per run.

Make that a third person! Guess I'm gonna spam Hydra a bit later.

JigsawX

That was me, and after more friend summons I have to say I've been getting A's semi-regularly. Even got an S once. All of this is since chapter 2 hit, so I feel like it was stealth buffed. About 2 days after the launch of chapter 2, I saw a guy pull an SS from friend summon in chat.

Full 500 have me all c's. I was very sad. My newest sss was a dupe whay. I've also gotten some essences, breaking my dry streak but its more bloodwind when mine is already max. And one more deathcrown just to give me a single new stack of one :/

I'll make a priest but not sure I want to reset just to get that 0 in the first skill.

There's no reason to reset right away anyway. We're talking about the difference between #2 and #1 at this point. If you aren't already #2, then you have little to gain. I plan to get 60, play around with it for a little while and see what I think. Maybe down the road I'll think about respeccing for the 1 point. Although by the time I'm at the point where it matters, I may have already been given a free respec by that time.

Yaari

There's no reason to reset right away anyway. We're talking about the difference between #2 and #1 at this point. If you aren't already #2, then you have little to gain. I plan to get 60, play around with it for a little while and see what I think. Maybe down the road I'll think about respeccing for the 1 point. Although by the time I'm at the point where it matters, I may have already been given a free respec by that time.

True. Fair enough.

I think I'll wait for the 50% bonus before I drop 100 shoes into the Priest. Not sure if there's any exp boosts left on weekdays. They really keep mixing the bonuses up.

Pejo

Well I don't know Korean myself and this is going off of google translate app on smartphones:

Mark of death: before 822% dmg = after 100% hit at 1097% dmg and buffing 35% party
dmg to target?

Taunt: before 10 sec invincible and provoke = after 14 sec invincible and provoke

Passive: life and death - 412% dmg aoe,15% chance the breath will last for 16 sec, at a 33% activation rate = after 506% dmg aoe, 15% chance the breath will last 18 sec 35% activation rate+ invincibility buff

That's the best I can do with the app.

Thanks so much! That's pretty killer for a single target focus down. Now if only I could be the one to pick who he uses it on, lol. The new Life and Death sounds sweet too, gonna be slow taking down DC when he's the last one standing.

So this morning I combined for Aura Windlune, She's a pretty cool character but pretty much she's total fodder food. I got 4 more combine chances to get a SSS healer, any healer would do, before I can make Blackaria as my 2nd Draco. I really want to spend some of my rubies to speed up making SSS, but I want to wait until next week to see what the GM reset gives us. Why did they have to get rid of the 2 bonus allies? :(

Top Bottom