• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pejo

You big meanie! >_<

Seriously though, I feel like I'm intentionally gimping myself by playing warrior.

I hate myself for saying it, but every time I get paired with a Warrior in a raid, i'm always like "aw man!" Two warriors and I'm really bummed out.

Glad to hear we get some new GM event stuff after the weekend. I'm going to hold off on spending any rubies until then. Not going to touch that alley slot until I have an ally I know I'm not replacing for a long, long time. I am not even going to buy it on Draco Deathcrown. That's awfully expensive for 1 slot for an ally. I feel 29 rubies would be the sweet spot.

Ventara

You big meanie! >_<

Seriously though, I feel like I'm intentionally gimping myself by playing warrior.

Nah, you're okay. Warriors seem to be great in S2, and they do well in the Phoenix Raid. A lot of my losses in arena have been to warriors who were surprisingly strong.

KimChi

You big meanie! >_<

If you enjoy warrior keep at it, I've seen some do some decent damage in phoenix raids. No harm in leveling alts when you reach 60 though for those easy raid rubies :3

Although the warriors I've seen in the top 100 in arena tend to have really bad teams I can easily farm points off of lol.

Whizkid7

I hate myself for saying it, but every time I get paired with a Warrior in a raid, i'm always like "aw man!" Two warriors and I'm really bummed out.

As a warrior, seeing a second warrior in raid bums me out too. It's like "Well crap. There goes our damage." Though almost none of them run shield ult like I do - that stun is surprisingly useful on raid bosses when it lands (the EVA loss ain't too shabby either).

Nah, you're okay. Warriors seem to be great in S2, and they do well in the Phoenix Raid. A lot of my losses in arena have been to warriors who were surprisingly strong.

This is comforting to hear. Gotta hurry up and hit max level!

If you enjoy warrior keep at it, I've seen some do some decent damage in phoenix raids. No harm in leveling alts when you reach 60 though for those easy raid rubies :3

Although the warriors I've seen in the top 100 in arena tend to have really bad teams I can easily farm points off of lol.

Oh, I'm not planning to drop him anytime soon. But I'm slow with the leveling so it'll be a while before I'm in alt territory.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Honestly, my chances of success with a warrior in the raid group is higher than with another rogue. I don't mind warriors at all. I don't care if the dps is lower - there's no rush :) I am just tired of 20k hp rogues who die so fast.

Edit: How many points do I need for top 1%? I'm at 4300.

Honestly, my chances of success with a warrior in the raid group is higher than with another rogue. I don't mind warriors at all. I don't care if the dps is lower - there's no rush :) I am just tired of 20k hp rogues who die so fast.

Edit: How many points do I need for top 1%? I'm at 4300.

last week you needed 5500

commish

Nice, 1200 more points is easy. There are some pretty weak teams in the top 60 or so - I guess they are just trying to wrack up the points while they can and then coast. Not sure how the guy at the top has 50,000 points though.

Rurunaki

Nice, 1200 more points is easy. There are some pretty weak teams in the top 60 or so - I guess they are just trying to wrack up the points while they can and then coast. Not sure how the guy at the top has 50,000 points though.

the top tier players usually wait until the end of the week before spamming Arena.. I learned that the hard way last week.

Wow, first time I made it past stage 60 of lab today and got all the way to stage 77(2.8 million points). That Blackaria difference, I'm sure now my 2nd ascended unit will be another healer.

Chaos17

Me and my friend are dropping a lot of Blackaria since the begining of the week... that's cool but we don't plan to make her yet xD
I want Brightspark essences first and my friend Greysoul but Blackaria just coming with her essences and saying "pick me first!", lol

Holy hell, on which server? also whats your squad?

KR server. US version doesn't work on my phone for some reason, I sure it because of the google play splash screen that crashes the app on my phone.

jDLGtts.png

Yaari

Those characters in KR look insane.

I'm going to have to start using some A's to upgrade my SS's. I usually wouldn't do it but my list of Allies is full and I want to spend some Rubies doing pulls once the 10+2 is back.
Most of my new SSS's will end up fodder anyway. So I figure if any rarity is getting upgraded, it is SS.

Those characters in KR look insane.

I'm going to have to start using some A's to upgrade my SS's. I usually wouldn't do it but my list of Allies is full and I want to spend some Rubies doing pulls once the 10+2 is back.
Most of my new SSS's will end up fodder anyway. So I figure if any rarity is getting upgraded, it is SS.

At this point I feel like there's nothing to use A's on *but* SS. I can see myself levelling up maybe 1 more SSS, because I need a 5th DPS for world boss. But for the most part, I'm done levelling up regular SSS, and Dracos I will only level with S. So A's have nowhere else to go but to SS.

Still have to conserve them a little though. Probably get to +4 or so just on Bs, and then do 1-2 A's per level.

Yaari

At this point I feel like there's nothing to use A's on *but* SS. I can see myself levelling up maybe 1 more SSS, because I need a 5th DPS for world boss. But for the most part, I'm done levelling up regular SSS, and Dracos I will only level with S. So A's have nowhere else to go but to SS.

Still have to conserve them a little though. Probably get to +4 or so just on Bs, and then do 1-2 A's per level.

That's true. I'll go do that as well. No use saving them.

I'm on 9 Greysoul Essences now, closest to a next Draco. But hey, I never gotten a single Rogue-class SSS. Sigh.

Yaari

Make her into Draco hehe :)
I could use her as fodder. But its a T1 SSS still. I don't know. I could use an extra DPS. I'll keep her on the side for now, I won't use SSS as fodder until I got enough Essences for something in particular anyway.

She'll be the extra character for raid bosses until then.

Rurunaki

I could use her as fodder. But its a T1 SSS still. I don't know. I could use an extra DPS. I'll keep her on the side for now, I won't use SSS as fodder until I got enough Essences for something in particular anyway.

I know how you feel.. I don't want to make the "Hero" SSS into fodders.

I'd level up Brightspark and then deify Turq personally

Maintenance has started for KR version. Looks like they're adjusting all the the heroes abilities(might get a free skill reset?). Permanently raising the chances of "B" monsters for friend summons, 50% of friend summons(15 points), log in for 3 and 6 days in a row for free SS summon, and extending 20% off premium summon event.

Edit: And buy 1 get 1 summon free? (Not sure about this on yet)

commish

I've been feeding Cs to As to make S the last few days. Have a lot of Cs while grinding.

arevin01

I use all my Cs into S to max them for SS. I don't see it being a great idea to make S from A when S pulls should be plenty just from the free pulls and gifts.

wapplew

Were we getting the reward today?

Anyone know where wapplew went? We was pretty active both ingame and on here, and hasn't been on for 5 days now.

I was on a 10 days Japan vacation. I'm back now!
This game really punish afk, lost all my mail, miss attendance, falling behind. It's going to hard to catch up now.

Pakman

Maintenance has started for KR version. Looks like they're adjusting all the the heroes abilities(might get a free skill reset?). Permanently raising the chances of "B" monsters for friend summons, 50% of friend summons(15 points), log in for 3 and 6 days in a row for free SS summon, and extending 20% off premium summon event.

Thanks for the updates on the KR version Yekshemesh. By the way, did the KR version buff Greysoul at all? I thought I read somewhere they buff him to be better... Just wondering if I should dump my 5 SSS into a rogue or just hold off for angels. Already got Black and Blood.

Rurunaki

I was on a 10 days Japan vacation. I'm back now!
This game really punish afk, lost all my mail, miss attendance, falling behind. It's going to hard to catch up now.

5 Premium Allies, 100 Shoes, 100 Tickets
(Redeemable between 08/06 ~ 08/25)

This should help you catch up. Bonus after patch today.

goober

Hope we get this

Thanks for the updates on the KR version Yekshemesh. By the way, did the KR version buff Greysoul at all? I thought I read somewhere they buff him to be better... Just wondering if I should dump my 5 SSS into a rogue or just hold off for angels. Already got Black and Blood.

They did readjust the skills of ascended Deathcrown and Greysoul during the last update. I'm not sure if it was a buff or nerf. Let me try to find the info and I'll get back to you.

Edit: Here it is, looks like a buff:
http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze.c...L&articleid=1012442&referrerAllArticles=false

I've been feeding Cs to As to make S the last few days. Have a lot of Cs while grinding.

I guess I can see that, but personally I still need a ton of Cs to level up my S's. The process of combining up to SSS starts with S's for me, and I generally don't waste time on anything less than that *unless* I am completely out of S's and need to get rid of some C's. I will admit, S's disappear faster now that I'm levelling a Draco, but I still always try to keep 1-2 around for combining. So those generally consume all my C's, and I hold on to my A's for knocking out the last few levels of an SS. Another reason I'm hesitant to use my A's is because sooner or later I'm going to get a tier 1 SSS from combine, and I'm going to want to level him up for an all-DPS world boss team. The best WB teams are going to be all DPS plus priest main IMO, so even if you had all 5 dracos, you still would want a *sixth* because you'd want to bench blackaria for another DPS. So I still need to level up another regular SSS at some point. And sadly, probably 2 since one of my current DPSes isn't that good.

Uthred

The person in first place in areana has just under 41,000 points, easily more than double whoever's in second. They have to be blowing rubies on tickets, though I suppose the 500 rubies for first will go someway towards compensating them for that. I imagine the stat boosts from the title are pretty nice as well.

Edit: Anyone have a good Magnify build they could share please? Euphoria and Sturdy Party seem useful, but not worth putting point into Bright Eyes and Cutie Power Up

Pejo

Wow, the GM bonus we just got is pretty sick, 5 Premium ally, 50 shoes and tickets, just for logging in.

*edit* my bad, it was 100 tickets and shoes.

StuffRuff

Anyone on EU server managed to get the new GM rewards (Shoes, Tickets & 5 Summons)? I'm not having any joy despite a couple of reboots and force closing.

Top Bottom