• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Anybody know the required pts to get into top 5% of golem? Sitting at 300k and 6.9%

I expect it's more of an issue of how many times you can break his shield. I suspect you need to be able to break it 3 times to get 5%, and you've broken it 2 times. I broke it 3 times and netted 423k points, and that puts me just under 4% atm.

Yaari

I expect it's more of an issue of how many times you can break his shield. I suspect you need to be able to break it 3 times to get 5%, and you've broken it 2 times. I broke it 3 times and netted 423k points, and that puts me just under 4% atm.

Today was the first time I actually did decently with that boss. And it's all due to my Archer Ur and his increased damage to raid bosses haha.

I'm at 410k or something. I don't think I can pull out another 10k. I was lucky enough to get past the 400k.

I have a Dark Priest Porin in my team that is fairly useless here because that makes 2 priests, but I have nothing else for the moment.

Today was the first time I actually did decently with that boss. And it's all due to my Archer Ur and his increased damage to raid bosses haha.

I'm at 410k or something. I don't think I can pull out another 10k. I was lucky enough to get past the 400k.

I have a Dark Priest Porin in my team that is fairly useless here because that makes 2 priests, but I have nothing else for the moment.

Yea, same with me, because I used Bloodwind. I think the way to go with that boss is 5x DPS. he doesn't actually hit all that hard so you don't need *any* healing IMO. Sadly I only have 4 DPS, so I'm doing this with a Gram for my helper. I would do much better if I had a real DPS helper for my 5th.

JigsawX

Yea, same with me, because I used Bloodwind. I think the way to go with that boss is 5x DPS. he doesn't actually hit all that hard so you don't need *any* healing IMO. Sadly I only have 4 DPS, so I'm doing this with a Gram for my helper. I would do much better if I had a real DPS helper for my 5th.

I net about 500k with 4 dps and on healer. Decided to try 5 dps but the 5th was pearla at lvl 59. Luckily snow summoned Mercedes as a helper so everyone got healed to full. Was able to net 700k. First time I might be able to get a sss golem accessory.

arevin01

Anybody have tips for my DoD rogue? I just recently been using a rogue and unsure how to use skills. For the golem, I use blades and wait till he shields up and pop vanish then DoD. Is this the correct skill play?

Salamande

Hey, sweet, just combined for Tiel. And used up a gang of material on a sweet shield before realizing that he does not, in fact, use a shield. Doh.

Ventara

Man, it doesn't look like I'll break into the top 5% for the WB. Sitting at 8% with 270K.

Also, I think Def. Penetration really is important in WB. My Percy had 4300 ATK, but he was barely doing any damage (like 100-200). His Def. Pen. is 0.

Cybolt

If anyone wants to practice their squad against rogues I left mine up. I think he's prob more geared than my mage

Stats for anyone curious
Attack damage - 5302
Crit damage - 222.6%
Crit chance - 52.8%
Eva - 39%
Health - 32k

Also a DoD rogue

Going to get destroyed but interested in testing it out. Sent you a friend request and character's name is Jaguna. Account: Cybolt.

garath

Wow. Is Draco brightspark really that strong? Just suffered a loss in the arena against someone with a level 56 warrior, a team of level 60s, two SS +1, a max+2 S healer and +1 Draco brightspark.

I got owned. Wtf.

Limit

Wow. Is Draco brightspark really that strong? Just suffered a loss in the arena against someone with a level 56 warrior, a team of level 60s, two SS +1, a max+2 S healer and +1 Draco brightspark.

I got owned. Wtf.

Most likely a pseudo random crit.

Ventara

I got owned. Wtf.

Wow, I saw that team in arena earlier today. Was going to face them but decided to play it safe because of the Draco Brightspark. Phew!

KimChi

I got owned. Wtf.

Have you looked at her skills? I imagine she can hit pretty hard properly geared. Aoe auto attack+40% damage boost, 1 aoe skill with the +25% damage debuff, another aoe that steals hp and makes her invulnerable for 4 seconds.
I just stay the hell away from any party with any draco in arena for now.

garath

Yeah. Lesson learned. No Draco's in arena lol.

I did ok today. 3150 points give or take. Its so boring but I need to get my 5%.

Made up for it by pulling 450 friend points. I got two As and two Bs. Whoa. I can't remember pulling better than a B before.

JigsawX

I think I'm go for a 2nd draco just to free up space and progress some more. The strongest candiate right now is Draco Brightspark. Before i do how do you guys feel about her vs the two other angel mages?

Angel of Mercy - El Rebekah - Mage

Normal attack : Intelligent Buff (Self)

Skill 1: Party buff attack and attack speed 26% for 19 sec
Skill 2: Steal 60% attack from enemy that has the highest attack and will be give it to red summoned warrior for 12 sec
Skill 3: Steal 45% critical rate from enemy that has the highest critical rate and will be give it to summoned warrior for 11 sec

Passive 1: Summon red warrior for 60 sec, if get hit
Passive 2: Evasion + 44 when summon

So far not feeling it

Angel of Melody - Joel - Mage

Normal Attack : Enemy speed reduce

Skill 1: Single target 1137% damage to create a state with all active skill
Skill 2: AOE 558% damage and reduce for 10 sec to 125 avoided
Skill 3: AOE 698% damage and debuff enemy party

Passive 1: Party intelligent + 10%
Passive 2: AOE 1063% damage to enemy if joel died

This one makes me wonder

Rurunaki

I think I'm go for a 2nd draco just to free up space and progress some more. The strongest candiate right now is Draco Brightspark. Before i do how do you guys feel about her vs the two other angel mages?

Skill 2: Steal 60% attack from enemy that has the highest attack and will be give it to red summoned warrior for 12 sec
Skill 3: Steal 45% critical rate from enemy that has the highest critical rate and will be give it to summoned warrior for 11 sec

So far not feeling it

This one makes me wonder

I would like to have this problem too..

KimChi

So far not feeling it

This one makes me wonder
I wouldn't consider Rebekah unless you have the allies that can summon (belle snow/whay) and I think the boden summoner is better.
Going by pure damage Joel seems way better, both of his aoe do much more damage and the passive when he dies sounds pretty good.

Though if you go with Joel you end up having to wait till he is released, and since angels were released in parts you might have to wait even longer if he isnt the first set of angels released if they go with that method in the future updates.
I would just go with Draco Brightspark now unless you think you can do fine without her.

JigsawX

I wouldn't consider Rebekah unless you have the allies that can summon (belle snow/whay) and I think the boden summoner is better.
Going by pure damage Joel seems way better, both of his aoe do much more damage and the passive when he dies sounds pretty good.

Though if you go with Joel you end up having to wait till he is released, and since angels were released in parts you might have to wait even longer if he isnt the first set of angels released if they go with that method in the future updates.
I would just go with Draco Brightspark now unless you think you can do fine without her.

Technically Essence wise I'm closest to Grey / Draco but Black and Bright seem more viable. Bright's winning just because I have 2 Max mages sitting on the sidelines already. Porin's still pulling her weight so reluctant to get rid of her. Anyone have a updated krn tier list by any chance?

Rurunaki

Technically Essence wise I'm closest to Grey / Draco but Black and Bright seem more viable. Bright's winning just because I have 2 Max mages sitting on the sidelines already. Porin's still pulling her weight so reluctant to get rid of her. Anyone have a updated krn tier list by any chance?

Not gonna help us one bit.. They're pretty much Boden lineups now..

Limit

I had really good luck with friend points summon today as well. Got 2 As and one B with 450 points. They might have changed up some settings.

I had really good luck with friend points summon today as well. Got 2 As and one B with 450 points. They might have changed up some settings.

I feel like A+ summons were bumped. Saw my first ever SS in chat a few days ago, and in the past few days I've gotten 2 A and an S. Before that, I don't know if id ever gotten higher than B

Ventara

So I've been reading up on future updates for this game, and the requirements for the Dragon Buster keys are crazy high. You need a Draco, Angel and Boden, all +Ultimate, of the same class (which will get you a key for the same class). There are only 3 available now in the Korean version (warrior, priest and rogue), but they'll probably add 2 more for mage and archer. Which means that if you want a full team of units with Dragon Busters, you need 165 SSS units. One-hundred-sixty-five. Anyways, if you're like me and SSS units come slow, planning now for a Dragon Buster key might not be a bad idea. I think I'll go for the rogue one, since 1 tank (Kamiel) and 1 Priest (Blackaria) is enough.

If anyone wants to read up on more from Season 3, this is a great place. It's missing some info, but I'm sure it'll be added over time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I've been reading up on future updates for this game, and the requirements for the Dragon Buster keys are crazy high. You need a Draco, Angel and Boden, all +Ultimate, of the same class (which will get you a key for the same class). There are only 3 available now in the Korean version (warrior, priest and rogue), but they'll probably add 2 more for mage and archer. Which means that if you want a full team of units with Dragon Busters, you need 165 SSS units. One-hundred-sixty-five. Anyways, if you're like me and SSS units come slow, planning now for a Dragon Buster key might not be a bad idea. I think I'll go for the rogue one, since 1 tank (Kamiel) and 1 Priest (Blackaria) is enough.

If anyone wants to read up on more from Season 3, this is a great place. It's missing some info, but I'm sure it'll be added over time.

All that is good news imo. There will be less folks with super uber teams 3 days after release.

Edit: Just read through that blog post. So many awesome changes are coming, especially the essence change. Wish they would hurry up with some of these quality of life upgrades.

So far not feeling it

This one makes me wonder

I hate you so much right now.

/still-has-no-draco-units

Uthred

Combined for an SS and got Black Snow, sadly dont really have a place for her so into the fodder pile she goes. Combined for a SSS and got Fulson, which I'm ambivalent about. According to the reddit tier list he's the best non-Draco Rogue DPS. So I could level him and gear him up and use him to replace Azur as a DPS unit (I already have a max Freyd set aside for Greysoul ascension). This means I could then use Azur to get Draco DC and hold onto Patta as I think two tanks are good for Labyrinth? But I also have Tiel who is better than Patta? Getting an SSS used to be gloriously simple, they were either good or bad ;) Sadly no new healer, I've a feeling I'll get my Priest alt to 60 before I get RanRan replaced. Have to say I think part of what makes this game addictive is the feeling that even when things arent going great you're still building up and making incremental progress.

Chaos17

Most likely a pseudo random crit.

I second this, a level 56 meteor mage destroyed me twice because of those f*cking crits!

No offense but she is mixing up some news of season 2 with season 3 (ex:the jewerly system was not realse for season 3 at all) and seems to not use Google translate.
I dislike when people not covering propeerly news.

Because that's what created the misinformation about Bloodwind being OP (one blog declaring Bloodwind being OP was enough to create the misinformation, just one!) until people discovered that he has been nerfed/balanced (and we got that patch) or the 27 guarantee pulls (there was a whole guide about that thing in season 3 but people didn't bothered to translate and jumped to conclusion) then whine about those stuff because they don't have those "cheats".

StuffRuff

Quick question on Arena, what dictates what team other players will go up against when they battle you? Is it the team you had when you hit the register button? Or the last team you played arena with? Or whatever is currently in your team even during dungeon runs? Or something else?

Quick question on Arena, what dictates what team other players will go up against when they battle you? Is it the team you had when you hit the register button? Or the last team you played arena with? Or whatever is currently in your team even during dungeon runs? Or something else?

Whatever is currently in your team even during dungeon runs. Doing Labyrinth runs nukes your Arena helper whereas going into Arena resets your Labyrinth helpers.

StuffRuff

Whatever is currently in your team even during dungeon runs. Doing Labyrinth runs nukes your Arena helper whereas going into Arena resets your Labyrinth helpers.

Thanks for that! I wondered because every time I take a break from arena for a few hours my helper ally slot has emptied again, but I see people I can battle with full helper ally slots, is that probably because they are actively playing the game at that moment are therefore they've only recently added the helper back again?

Chaos17

[Information] Dragon Blaze Producer Q&A Results
******************************************************************************************************

What was the reason for the Guild Battle schedule change? Any plans to improve the scheduling for players who are in different time-zones?
The reasoning behind changing it to a set schedule was to ultimately improve matchmaking. The change allowed players to quickly be matched against an opponent to help reduce length queue times to have a more robust experience.

We've been reading all the comments (provided by the community) and realize the time-change can be inconvenient to players who are playing Dragon Blaze in various regions (East Coast, West Coast, Europe, etc.)

Because if this we are considering what we can do to improve this. We want all our players to be able to fully utilize the guild battle feature. We understand this is a pressing issue for many of our community members, we ask for a little more patience, as we're currently still looking into this. We want to assure players that we want to make your experience playing Dragon Blaze the best we possibly can.

With the changes in Guild Battle scheduling, players are unable to view their rank or claim their rewards until Guild Battles opens up again the following day. Is there any way this can be revisited?

Yes, this is certainly something we can forward up to the developers to change. We feel having to wait to claim your rewards can be pretty inconvenience. Having access to the menu and rewards is something we feel would definitely be good.

When are the Angel Ascendant Allies going to be released?

At this time we do not have a set date. However, we can say that there will be more epic “deify” type allies available in the future.

Will more Boden Lore become available soon?

More of the story, lore, flashbacks, and backstory will be available as we release more content. Think of it as a book, when Chapter 3 is released you’ll be able to immerse yourself into the new elements of the story. An “Epic Saga” if you will.

Is there a possibility we’ll get a feature that’ll allow us to speed up our Labyrinth runs? Such as adding a “fast forward” feature or something similar?

Currently there isn’t anything planned to implement such a feature in the immediate future. It’s something we’ll send forward to the development team for further consideration.

Will a server merge or an option to transfer servers be added at any point in the future?

In terms of a server merge, such a change most likely won’t happen for Dragon Blaze. The way the game is set up each server is broken down based on the major regions. As for transferring a character/account to a different server it’s suggested you contact support to see if it’s possible as it may vary on a case by case basis. At the moment it isn’t common, nor may be possible to do an account transfer.

Any potential possibility for a trade system to be added in-game in the future?

As of now, there isn’t a trade system in the works. In the future when the game becomes more robust and the game economy evolve we could picture the possibility of a trade system (with limitations) or perhaps a ‘black market’, or some other type of economical feature (that won’t ruin game balance) in the future. To reiterate, as of right now, we currently don’t have anything in the works regarding this.

As far as Draco Ally Blackaria, will any of her passives (like the 8 second immunity passive) be changed or revisited in the future?

Currently there are no plans to alter Blackaria in the works. Draco allies are fairly new to the game. As time goes on we’ll continue to look more into game/ally balancing, from there we’ll see if there are any allies that need to be to be altered to help improve the game’s overall balance in the future.

Is there a possibility to add a ‘Rubies subscription’ (similar to Kritika’s Karat Bash) in the future?

While there’s nothing in the works about this yet, we feel there’s a strong possibility such a feature can be implemented in the future. This is an idea we’ll forward to the developers for further consideration.

How does the Guild Battle Matchmaking system work?

It should go by points.
(**Note** - In the video linked above there was some minor confusion by our producer, Guild Battle Matchmaking does not go by level. Pardon the misinformation.)

Are you looking into adding additional Guild Management features?

As of now no dates or additional details are available about this. Once information about this popularly requested feature become available we’ll inform the community.

What’s the current max level for Guilds right now?

Full details aren’t available at this time, however we can confirm Guilds can reach a Max level of at least 36+

Will two of the same classes ever be able to Guild Battle together?

We currently do not have plans to change the battling limitation currently implemented, this is to help promote healthy game balance. (Imagine partaking a guild battle against two ultimate spec’d salamander’s curse mages? You’d have a baaaaaaaddddd time!)

When will Dragon Blaze’s next update ‘Chapter 2 – 2’ be released?

We plan to release the next content update sometime in August. Exact date to be announced in the near future.

Will it ever be possible to chat while in queue for Raids or Guild Battles?

We understand not being able to chat while in queue is an inconvenience for players, this seems to be something with the game’s UI, and it’s something we’ve sent forward to the developers for review and something we’ll continue to follow up on. Granted there’s no technical limitations it is possible such a change can be made.

Is there any way to turn off the Raid Bots (aka “Rookies”) that were implemented in the last update?

At this time the only way to disable having “Rookies” party up with you in a raid would be to be in a private party. The Rookie AI system only comes into play when there’s no other players available for queue. As of now there’s no way to toggle it off, if you’re unable to join or create a party with guild members or friends what you can do if you find yourself in an extended queue you could cancel the queue and re-enter the raid. The game matches players up with Rookies once the queuing system passes a certain threshold, to help cut down wait times.

Is there a possibility at potentially adding an option to disable SS item spam and adding a Mute/Block function?

These are all wonderful suggestion, we’ll definitely be looking at making the chat system more customizable.

When do you plan to implement the summoning system from the Korean version of Dragon Blaze?

When it comes to comparing the Korean version of Dragon Blaze to the Global version it’s a little different. As of right now, this isn’t something that will be coming in the near future.

Are we looking to catch up to the Korean version of Dragon Blaze? Chapter 2 seemed to come out a bit quick, is the plan to try to catch up to the original Korean version?

We’re definitely moving at a quicker pace in terms of updates, the long term plan is eventually to get within the Korean version, so eventually the content is released simultaneous. Ultimately we feel this will be good for the long term, that way some of the changes we want to see (our community) have more of an impact. Right now the updates the global version is getting are updates that have already been released in Korea. We feel once we catch up a bit more its possible global version can diverge a bit more.

What information can you share about the upcoming feature “Guild Adventure?”

Unfortunately at this time we’re unable to share any details about this upcoming game mode.

When is the auto reject bug in guild battle going to be fixed?

We’re currently in progress, we are aware of the issue. We will continue to follow up with the developers and push to get the matter fixed as soon as possible.

Any possibility at reducing the possibility of obtaining duplicate allies?

At this time no. Currently the only way to avoid getting a duplicate ally is through the rebirth system.

Will you increase the level cap?

Yes, the level cap will definitely be increased in future updates.

Can you please make it to where Raid leader can manager their inventory or refill on tickets without having to disband the party?

As of now, nothing is in the works to change this. It’s something we understand is an inconvenience for players. We will certainly continue to suggest improving Raid management to the developers so we could potentially see an improved system added in the future.

As paraphrased by Deathcrown.

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-Producer-Q-amp-A-Results&p=763433#post763433

***********************************************************************************************************
EDIT : Patch Notes 8/05/15
**********************************************************************************************************

Extra Accessory Slot for allies is now available.
2BRKMe2.png
Additional accessory slot for ally can be unlocked for 99 Rubies.

Raid Bot Balancing - Improved AI ("Rookies" can now beat myth raids, as shown below)

Existing User Bonus:

5 Premium Allies, 100 Shoes, 100 Tickets
(Redeemable between 08/06 ~ 08/25)

New User Bonus:

EXP Booster (3 days), 100,000 Gold, [SSS] Beginner Set (6 Parts, Level 30 Req.) <- Receive at Level 2

Returning User Bonus:

EXP Booster (3 days), 200,000 Gold

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?264407-Notice-Patch-Notes-8-05-15&p=764305#post764305

vato_loco

For the first time since I started the game, I've run out of shoes. So, what's the deal with the invites? Is there any way to exploit that?

Ventara

Good Q&A. So our next update will be this month? That seems to be a good pace. 1 update per month, and then maybe S3 in December/January.

Anyways, I'll be unlocking the 2nd accessory slot on Blackaria when that's available, but I'm not sure I'll do it for the rest of my guys. They'll all be replaced by ascended units anyways.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Good Q&A. So our next update will be this month? That seems to be a good pace. 1 update per month, and then maybe S3 in December/January.

Anyways, I'll be unlocking the 2nd accessory slot on Blackaria when that's available, but I'm not sure I'll do it for the rest of my guys. They'll all be replaced by ascended units anyways.

It's kinda expensive for me to unlock. I'll do it for my bloodwind perhaps but that's it. Everything seems to cost rubies and more rubies coming up. Need to start conserving.

******************************************************************************************************

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-Producer-Q-amp-A-Results&p=763433#post763433

***********************************************************************************************************
EDIT : Patch Notes 8/05/15
**********************************************************************************************************

Extra Accessory Slot for allies is now available.

Additional accessory slot for ally can be unlocked for 99 Rubies.

Raid Bot Balancing - Improved AI ("Rookies" can now beat myth raids, as shown below)

Existing User Bonus:

5 Premium Allies, 100 Shoes, 100 Tickets

New User Bonus:

EXP Booster (3 days), 100,000 Gold, [SSS] Beginner Set (6 Parts, Level 30 Req.) <- Receive at Level 2

Returning User Bonus:

EXP Booster (3 days), 200,000 Gold

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?264407-Notice-Patch-Notes-8-05-15&p=764305#post764305

How come I'm not seeing any of this in game?

The 100 shoes and 100 tickets is nice. I might hold on to the tickets until next arena reset and spam them to see if I can get Top 50. On the other hand, with everyone filling out their allies' second accessory slot, maybe it will get that much harder.

I can use those 100 shoes to work on my priest, who's about halfway through hero now. Should be a big help.

Chaos17

GM events of july will expire after this week-end... will I have the patience to wait or not for new gm events because I can do my Brightspark soon.
Hnnnng.

How come I'm not seeing any of this in game?

Because they messed up by releasing patch note first before annoucing the schedule xD
They just realesed the schedule of maintenance now :

Hello Bodens,

Dragon Blaze will be holding a server maintenance to add improvements to the game.
The game will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Global Schedule
Date: 08/05: 6:00PM ~ 10:00PM PDT
Expected Duration: 4 Hours +

SEA Schedule
Date: 08/06: 9:00 ~ 13:00 SGT

Europe Schedule
Date: 08/06: 3:00AM ~ 7:00AM CEST

Details:
- Added ally accessory slot
- Improved Raid Bot AI
- Rewards for existing, returning, and new users

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-08-05-6-00PM-10-00PM-PDT&p=764540#post764540

Top Bottom