• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Another 30 premium pulls and nothing above an "S". Its getting so bad that I don't even want to spend free rubies on the gatcha. Of all the gatcha games I've played this has the worst rates by far, such a huge black mark for an otherwise immensely fun game.

Another 30 premium pulls and nothing above an "S". Its getting so bad that I don't even want to spend free rubies on the gatcha. Of all the gatcha games I've played this has the worst rates by far, such a huge black mark for an otherwise immensely fun game.

Sure it has the worst rates, but I think that's by design. No other gacha games (that I've played anyway) provide a path to obtain the gacha units through other means. If you don't pull it from the gacha, you just don't get it. In this game you can (theoretically) get all of the best stuff in the game without the gacha at all. So instead the gacha is geared more towards helping you build your team on your own, instead of through lottery pulls. You can see this in the amount of rubies they give out just by playing. You can get about 500 a week just from doing regular game content (Arena, Labyrinth, World Boss, etc) which is roughly equivalent to $50 worth of rubies. What other game gives you $50 / week worth of premium currency?

You could argue that it's bad design veering from traditional gacha design because of the unhappiness it will create in players who are used to more traditional gachas, but at the same time if you understand the difference I think, in the grand scheme of the things, DB isn't much worse.

Any tips for 35? What's your team?

It sounds like you might need to stack Def. Pen for 40

And shortly after I posted this I got to level 40 myself, lol. Only 675k, I hope it's enough for top 50 but somehow I expect I'll get bumped :( Maybe I'll get super lucky and get 77 for the free 100 rubies.

I don't know how allies are supposed to survive anymore. How much HP do you need to survive these damage spikes from post-30 labyrinth monsters? Is it even possible to get that much HP, or should I be gearing all of them for EVA instead of offense?

JigsawX

Draco Brightspark is now done with max level + SSS gear and accessories, cost another 1k rubies though roughly. Blackaria is going to have to wait a bit.

Sure it has the worst rates, but I think that's by design. No other gacha games (that I've played anyway) provide a path to obtain the gacha units through other means. If you don't pull it from the gacha, you just don't get it. In this game you can (theoretically) get all of the best stuff in the game without the gacha at all. So instead the gacha is geared more towards helping you build your team on your own, instead of through lottery pulls. You can see this in the amount of rubies they give out just by playing. You can get about 500 a week just from doing regular game content (Arena, Labyrinth, World Boss, etc) which is roughly equivalent to $50 worth of rubies. What other game gives you $50 / week worth of premium currency?

You could argue that it's bad design veering from traditional gacha design because of the unhappiness it will create in players who are used to more traditional gachas, but at the same time if you understand the difference I think, in the grand scheme of the things, DB isn't much worse.

To clarify what I mean by not spending rubies on the gatcha; the KR version , freebies come often and many, its very genorous over on the KR server. I just think it would be much wiser for me to spend my rubies on unlocking accessory slots/skill upgrades for my units than blow them on the brutal gatcha. Heck at this point I'd rather buy esthetic outfits than the gatcha.

wapplew

To clarify what I mean by not spending rubies on the gatcha; the KR version , freebies come often and many, its very genorous over on the KR server. I just think it would be much wiser for me to spend my rubies on unlocking accessory slots/skill upgrades for my units than blow them on the brutal gatcha. Heck at this point I'd rather buy esthetic outfits than the gatcha.

Gatcha only means "exp" for my Ally nothing more.
Spending them is important and it's the only way to earn more ruby.

Chaos17

Good morning,

I've finished to cover season 2 korean news (finally!), here're the quick links to all the articles I published about it :

– A new world
– Ascended allies : Dracos, Angels, compatibility list and clarifications
– New systems : formations, synthesis card and synthesis gems
– Myth mode
– Guides : Deify system and gems
– Costumes : arena and normal

My final though : I recommend people, specialy F2P players, to not rush and choose carefully the ascended units they want, they’re gonna be plenty to come. Because they will have to invest a lot in them to make them comptetitive : unlocking second accessory (100 gems), leveling up their skills (require an essence!), give them equipements (6 slots will be available) with gems and finally utimate them.

Link to the whole article : https://fanofdragonblaze.wordpress.com/2015/08/09/preview-kr-season-2-warp-up/

Ventara

Good morning,

I've finished to cover season 2 korean news (finally!), here're the quick links to all the articles I published about it :

– A new world
– Myth mode

My final though : I recommend people, specialy F2P players, to not rush and choose carefully the ascended units they want, they’re gonna be plenty to come. Because they will have to invest a lot in them to make them comptetitive : unlocking second accessory (100 gems), leveling up their skills (require an essence!), give them equipements (6 slots will be available) with gems and finally utimate them.

Thanks for the info! Very awesome of you to compile it for us in English.

I'm guessing our updates will be a month apart, so we'll probably finish S2 main story sometime late October.

Chaos17

Thanks for the info! Very awesome of you to compile it for us in English.

I'm guessing our updates will be a month apart, so we'll probably finish S2 main story sometime late October.

Thank you :)
Yeah, if they start realesing the angels this month and keep them into 3 waves, we should see the end of normal mode during october.

Now I think about it, I must have skipped the hero mode because I only saw them talking about normal and then jump directly to legend to Myth with raise level cap... So wonder, what they will do for our hero mode.

wapplew

Good morning,

– A new world
– Myth mode

Link to the whole article : https://fanofdragonblaze.wordpress.com/2015/08/09/preview-kr-season-2-warp-up/

Thanks a lot, that's answer a lot of question I have in Korea server! Now I know why I can't get in Ragnarok dungeon.

From what I played, next update should be new section of the map, chapter 2-2, and level cap 65, but I don't think Angels will be introduce since Angels only appear in the story in chapter 2-3.

Yaari

Man, like 40% of the SSS I get from Phoenix are either Staff or Orb. I want something else for once. I have more Orbs than I'll ever have Mages.

Thanks for the S2 post. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

garath

Its nice getting a second character up to speed but I'm not excited about spending more rubies unlocking accessories and item slots :(

garath

Getting demolished on next to last Fortress battle, and it's beyond frustrating at this point -.-

What difficulty? Some tips:

- run with two healers if you have them. An aoe and a single target. Out sustain the level
- farm some stamina accessories for your allies on the last stage of pixie falls. Having everyone greater than 15k hp will help immensely (ideally get them around 20k)
- take 3 revive scrolls instead of any hp scrolls.
- use a high level friend. You can send me a friend invite if you want, just let me know your name. My char name is garyck

Yaari

Its nice getting a second character up to speed but I'm not excited about spending more rubies unlocking accessories and item slots :(

I've not unlocked any extra item slots for my Mage and probably won't do so for Priest either. It's nice for the Rogue I guess, but I never needed them on the other characters.

I raid with the Rogue and the Priest will only need to do it just once for the Ruby bonus. Even then I feel that 1 item slot should be enough for Raids as long as you use it.

dukie85

What difficulty? Some tips:

- run with two healers if you have them. An aoe and a single target. Out sustain the level
- farm some stamina accessories for your allies on the last stage of pixie falls. Having everyone greater than 15k hp will help immensely (ideally get them around 20k)
- take 3 revive scrolls instead of any hp scrolls.
- use a high level friend. You can send me a friend invite if you want, just let me know your name. My char name is garyck

Normal. I definitely don't have anywhere near 15K HP. The most I have on a single character is 6K, so looks like I'll have to do some grinding. Doesn't help that I'm only 29...

My ign is Xirellia for the character I'm running it on.

Chaos17

Normal. I definitely don't have anywhere near 15K HP. The most I have on a single character is 6K, so looks like I'll have to do some grinding. Doesn't help that I'm only 29...

Be sure to have some S or SS in your party.
Better your allies will be, easier it will be to get through the content.

Uthred

Good morning,

– A new world
– Myth mode

Thanks for this, great to see whats coming and as you said for F2P players its probably a good idea to work out now what combination of Draco and Angels you're going to go with, though I think a lot of the angels look cooler than the draco so I'm biased about what I want in my team ;)

Looking at each class the Angels seem to have a more debuffs and damage reduction stuff than the Draco, most feel pretty close, I'd tentatively say:

Death Crown != Israel - No real comparison here, from what I can see Israel is a DPS Warrior not a tank

Bloodwind = El Rio - Bloodwind offers better (or any) party buffs, so if your other units can make good use of the crit boosts he's probably superior, on the other hand El Rio seems better at boosting her own performance and pumping out the damage

Blackaria > El Farah - Blackaria seems the better healer, her passive heals, she has an AOE heal as opposed to a single heal and aoe regen and her on death passive seems nuts

Brightspark > Joel - Joel offers higher raw damage, but Brighspark's passive attack, third skill and passives look like they give her the edge to me

Greysoul = Makael - They put out more or less the same DPS, you have a shot at instant kills with Greysoul but Makael stops healing and offers better team survivability

El Rebekah and Kamiel have no direct comparisons with the Draco. Hard to say where I'd use them though. El Rebekah looks cool but I''m not sure where I'd use her over a more focused class. The same applies to Kamiel, no taunt so there seem to be better tank options and no direct heals so there are certainly better heal options.

vato_loco

PEEpUqs.png

Anyone noticed this League of Legends reference before?

Ventara

No tank, so I'm at a loss at the moment. I'll do what I can in the meantime.

Just add one of us. I'm sure a well-equipped lv 60 mage/rogue will completely demolish everything in Normal by themselves. If you want, add me. IGN is Ventariel. Let me know if you want to use me now and I'll switch to my rogue for you.

dukie85

Just add one of us. I'm sure a well-equipped lv 60 mage/rogue will completely demolish everything in Normal by themselves. If you want, add me. IGN is Ventariel. Let me know if you want to use me now and I'll switch to my rogue for you.

Yuh, I'll do that. Thanks lol

Ok, that definitely made it that much easier. Thank you!

garath

Oh normal? Don't worry about the HP. Just focus on enhancing your team little by little.

And yeah, using one of us will pretty much smoke the level especially with the 100% friend duration. Just summon the helper the instant the stage starts and everything will die.

I sent you a friend invite. Accept me :)

dukie85

Oh normal? Don't worry about the HP. Just focus on enhancing your team little by little.

And yeah, using one of us will pretty much smoke the level especially with the 100% friend duration. Just summon the helper the instant the stage starts and everything will die.

I sent you a friend invite. Accept me :)

Says you can't receive any more.

Kitoro

Thank you :)
Yeah, if they start realesing the angels this month and keep them into 3 waves, we should see the end of normal mode during october.

Now I think about it, I must have skipped the hero mode because I only saw them talking about normal and then jump directly to legend to Myth with raise level cap... So wonder, what they will do for our hero mode.

Will the new ascension items replace essence items completely, or will essences still drop from the existing S2 area? Can we combine them with the water when ascending Draco allies?

Lastly, is the water drop rate less abysmal?

Thanks!

Ventara

Damn! I just looked in Arena and despite having 5600 points, I'm at 0.96%. Looks like you definitely need more than 5500 points this week to get top 1%. Gonna get myself 6000 today and see where that places me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn! I just looked in Arena and despite having 5600 points, I'm at 0.96%. Looks like you definitely need more than 5500 points this week to get top 1%. Gonna get myself 6000 today and see where that places me.

For reference, I'm at 6,400 points and it's .64%.

Chaos17

Will the new ascension items replace essence items completely, or will essences still drop from the existing S2 area? Can we combine them with the water when ascending Draco allies?

Lastly, is the water drop rate less abysmal?

Thanks!

1. I only saw a season 3 news where the dracos essences will be converted into the same one. So I hope we will have that update sooner.
2. I don't know.

commish

Guy in my guild spend $3000 so far, regretted it, and is now selling his account for $500 because he "needs money". What is wrong with people!

Ventara

For reference, I'm at 6,400 points and it's .64%.

Just lost my 20-win bonus at 6150. Sitting around 0.76%. Debating whether I should try to raise it further or leave it as is.

Guy in my guild spend $3000 so far, regretted it, and is now selling his account for $500 because he "needs money". What is wrong with people!

3K?! I'd only do that if I was super rich and don't care about the money.

commish

Just to get an idea of what that gets you, what's his team?

He only had 2 or 3 dracos at max and a bunch of random SSS. Not sure what other resources he had. He wasn't the type to just go for a full ultimate team. He just made dracos as he decided he wanted one. No idea why he went nuts with spending insane money. This is the guy I pvp with every day for a few weeks, so I believe him.

how much would it cost to go from nothing to a max draco? Since one ultimate draco = 11 SSS at minimum, plus a bunch of essences, fodder and gold, I would imagine a couple hundred dollars.

Uthred

He only had 2 or 3 dracos at max and a bunch of random SSS. Not sure what other resources he had. He wasn't the type to just go for a full ultimate team. He just made dracos as he decided he wanted one. No idea why he went nuts with spending insane money. This is the guy I pvp with every day for a few weeks, so I believe him.

how much would it cost to go from nothing to a max draco? Since one ultimate draco = 11 SSS at minimum, plus a bunch of essences, fodder and gold, I would imagine a couple hundred dollars.

Depends entirely on how lucky or unlucky you are with upgrading units and whether you're buying or farming essences, I'd say a couple of hundred on average would probably be right

Ventara

I'd say $500. If you were to purely use the resources from paying, then probably more.

JigsawX

Threw some money at this game since I enjoyed it etc. I want to say about $400? I'm good for now though, my main game is Brave Frontier so any additional funds will go to that.

Current team is Max Draco Spark, max bloodwind, Porin, Patta, Turq, Snow, Deathcrown and I have konfi / percy waiting for w/e I choose them to be. I think my luck is fairly average I want to say.

Rurunaki

If I were to spend money on these types of games, it would be at the same cost as buying a "digital" game on Steam. Just to support the developers.

Chaos17

8: 56 pm :
Tonight is the night where I will make my first draco with 30% enhance bonus. *HYPE*
I am gonna try to drop my last essence for draco Brightspark first with my 30 shoes.

Top Bottom