• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Uthred

What would be mandatory about it? You'd just be missing out on like 2 rubies / day from completing the daily quest. I'm open to other suggestions anyway, but basically they need to add incentives and visibility. People do raids, daily dungeon, and all that stuff specifically because it's part of the daily quests. Right now you could already say that GB unfairly punishes people who aren't in guilds, so i don't see how it would be worse by adding an additional incentive behind it.

But any incentive they add will just be viewed upon as a punishment against people who don't do it. For example, if they add an A-S ally ticket for completing 15 guild battles in a week, y ou could make the same argument. Punishes people who don't do guild battles. When all they're doing is ADDING a reward for people who do, and not taking away anything from people who don't

2 from the proposed GB, 3 from not being able to complete your daily, so thats 5 a day, or 35 a week, 25 of which people would have been able to get before this supposed "reward". Your second suggestion is indeed adding a reward, tying dailies behind it is explicitly taking it away from people who dont. Adding something new is a good incentive, "taking away" something players had before is a poor one.

garath

Hmm. Looks like they brought the 100 rubies for an SSS ally back again. Nice. I'm getting very close to my next one.

Edit: actually got lucky on the last few enhancements. Just combined for a Freya. Perfect. Fodder. I now have enough SSS fodder for a Draco and I get to keep loki and whay. Now I just need the essences :(

Edit2: well I have 5 bloodwind essences. Damn. That would be 150 rubies to make him :( I have 7 deathcrown but really don't want a deathcrown first. I have 5 greysoul and brightspark too. Only 1 blackaria.

Is bloodwind a good first draco? I have pari at +6 so it would be pretty doable to make a brightspark too. I don't have a max or near max rogue otherwise I'd make greysoul. Loki is my only one and I'd prefer to keep him.

Sciel

Hmm. Looks like they brought the 100 rubies for an SSS ally back again. Nice. I'm getting very close to my next one.

Edit: actually got lucky on the last few enhancements. Just combined for a Freya. Perfect. Fodder. I now have enough SSS fodder for a Draco and I get to keep loki and whay. Now I just need the essences :(

Edit2: well I have 5 bloodwind essences. Damn. That would be 150 rubies to make him :( I have 7 deathcrown but really don't want a deathcrown first. I have 5 greysoul and brightspark too. Only 1 blackaria.

Is bloodwind a good first draco? I have pari at +6 so it would be pretty doable to make a brightspark too. I don't have a max or near max rogue otherwise I'd make greysoul. Loki is my only one and I'd prefer to keep him.
What content do you typically do?
Bloodwind is pretty good for WB/Dungeons/Arena (because of buff). I find him a bit lackluster in GB (dies too fast/no invulnerability).

garath

What content do you typically do?
Bloodwind is pretty good for WB/Dungeons/Arena (because of buff). I find him a bit lackluster in GB (dies too fast/no invulnerability).

Right now I'm usually top 5% in arena, 10% in lab and 20% in wb. I'd really like to shore up my WB placings and maybe shoot for top 1% in arena.

Chaos17

A tier list ranking the ascended of season 1-2-3 (missing the second wave of bodens).

Take it with a grain of salt because what will count in the end it's how much you invested in your allies (I saw some videos where the same teams in arena battled each other and always one of them was inferior in some way) and also this list is not complete since the second wave of Boden is missing. Last thing, ths list might have been written before the balancing patches. Many ascended allies received some balance.

You can the translation of the skills of all of them over there : http://gamebroke.blogspot.fr/2015/07/dragon-blaze-seven-angel.html

Read like this : Adventure, Lab, Arena, WB (Golem/Hydra), Overall

bxrZffP.jpg

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3ggd3w/tier_list_including_angels/

Uthred

A tier list ranking the ascended of season 1-2-3 (missing the second wave of bodens).

Take it with a grain of salt because what will count in the end it's how much you invested in your allies (I saw some videos where the same teams in arena battled each other and always one of them was inferior in some way) and also this list is not complete since the second wave of Boden is missing.

You can the translation of the skills of all of them over there : http://gamebroke.blogspot.fr/2015/07/dragon-blaze-seven-angel.html

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3ggd3w/tier_list_including_angels/

Thanks for this, interesting to see Draco the lowest rated but from what I can see he's the only pure tank out of the Draco and Angels group? Perhaps tanks arent as important in the new Meta?

While it obviously depends on what essences you get and which SSS classes you have, F2P players should be aiming for: Healer - Blackaria, Mage - Joel, Archer - El Rio, Rogue - Whichever you prefer, not sure about Warrior and presumably you can slot in El Rebekah and Kamiel for whichever DPS classes you're missing?

Chaos17

Thanks for this, interesting to see Draco the lowest rated but from what I can see he's the only pure tank out of the Draco and Angels group? Perhaps tanks arent as important in the new Meta?

Nah, look at the bodens list, the first guy is a tank.
Yup that SS ranking is a tank, lol.

Uthred

Nah, look at the bodens list, the first guy is a tank.
Yup that SS ranking is a tank, lol.

Bodens are season 3 though arent they? You're probably going to need a tank to see you through the rest of Season 2, so unless you were lucky enough to pull Gram I think Draco is the only tanking option?

Chaos17

Bodens are season 3 though arent they? You're probably going to need a tank to see you through the rest of Season 2, so unless you were lucky enough to pull Gram I think Draco is the only tanking option?

My guess is that Gamevil is realsing only 1 taunter per season, Deathcrown for season 2 and the Brown haired dude for season 3 because people usually don't have more than one taunter in their team.
Also, beside them, they aren't any other ascended taunters.
But that's just my theory, though.

garath

Take it with a grain of salt because what will count in the end it's how much you invested in your allies (I saw some videos where the same teams in arena battled each other and always one of them was inferior in some way) and also this list is not complete since the second wave of Boden is missing. Last thing, ths list might have been written before the balancing patches. Many ascended allies received some balance.

bxrZffP.jpg

Hmm. I need to look at this closer but in general looks like brightspark has a bit of an edge over bloodwind just from the dracos. Might be the best first ascension for a f2p player?

Yaari

I didn't know Brightspark ranked that high. I might go for her. My Turq aint bad at all though.

Also, is there any stage that drops a SSS ring that can have ASPD stats? I need to get them for my Priest eventually right?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I definitely share your frustration on people not pulling their weight in GB. My guild is in the same boat and we basically kick whoever doesn't pull their weight (we have a low requirement of 100 pts per week). I typically contribute between 500-700 pts per week.

Speaking of GB, did a lot of GB over the last couple of days and feel this is the new meta:

Mag Priest
Draco Blackaria
Sheep Mage
Draco Brightspark

- Priest & Blackaria basically ensures you will never die unless you come across a lucky Greysoul who insta-gibs you.
- Priest provides Magnify at start of battle to basically make your party walking gods.
- Blackaria provides imba heals, imba buff (if she casts it on Draco. BS, its gg) , Ress, Immunity on death.
- Mage provides Sheep and AoE damage. Sheep is too gud.
- Draco Brightspark annihilates everything esp when buffed.

Having both Blackaria and DBS causes a catch 22 situation. You try to focus fire either and you are screwed. (Nuke Draco Brightspark and she gets ressed with invulnerability, Nuke Blackaria and she gives everyone invulnerability).

Basically had a 29/30 win rate in GB over many other teams with other dracos with this setup. Only lost one to a team with Ulti Greysoul and even then that was close.

That's not much DPS though. Once brightspark is down or sheeped, there's not much to fear, DPS-wise.

garath

I didn't know Brightspark ranked that high. I might go for her. My Turq aint bad at all though.

Also, is there any stage that drops a SSS ring that can have ASPD stats? I need to get them for my Priest eventually right?

Yeah. I'm torn now. I have Farq at max already for bloodwind. I have a turq myself that is max and awesome. I'd have to get my +6 pari to max to ascend him for brightspark then I'd have both turq and brightspark in my main party.

Choices choices.

Landing Garden drops Atk. Speed earrings (and they have Crit Rate too, which is nice)

Sciel

That's not much DPS though. Once brightspark is down or sheeped, there's not much to fear, DPS-wise.

It is somewhat frontloaded. You could sub the mage for a rogue but I personally like the CC from AoE sheep.

Landing Castle has the earring which can have APSD on em.

Whizkid7

bxrZffP.jpg

Hmm. Makes me wish I'd gone for Blackaria instead of Bloodwind first, but it's too late to backtrack now. Will just have to make her second.

m33pm33p

Banned
Any new players want to use me as a referral,

Account Name: Murdayne
Character Name: Daente

I've got a few level 60's everyone else can feel free to friend me if they need.

commish

It is somewhat frontloaded. You could sub the mage for a rogue but I personally like the CC from AoE sheep.

I'm a sheep mage, so I would agree :)

As for the tier list and BW or BS, I think it's a tossup. I have a BW and love him dearly, but BS is also a beast and I frequently team with a BS in GB.

One thing about the tier list is that this list is made based on content/characters/meta that is far, far ahead of us. We won't be in this position for months.

Hmm. Makes me wish I'd gone for Blackaria instead of Bloodwind first, but it's too late to backtrack now. Will just have to make her second.

That's why I'm saving my junk SSS for a healer!

Yaari

I think as a Sheep mage, I have more use for Draco Brightspark. I got her essences ready too, unlike Bloodwind. I got only 4 of his.

Edit: Got a accesorry giving me 9 ASPD. I thought 7 was the limit? It's not. What is then?

bxrZffP.jpg

What is the second column?

Chaos17

I don't know the guy on Reddit didn't said but I think it's their class (look at the archers for example, they seems to have same writting)

I don't know the guy on Reddit didn't said but I think it's their class (look at the archers for example, they seems to have same writting)

Yes but it's split into two parts separated by a slash. For example, Brightspark, Bloodwind, and Greysoul all have the same thing before the slash, but different text after the slash.

Edit: AHH it means "role". So going top to bottom of 2nd part we have:

DPS Archer
Healer Priest
DPS Mage
DPS Warrior
Tank Warrior
DPS Rogue
DPS Mage

And for the Bodens it's

Tank Warrior
DPS Rogue
DPS Archer
DPS Mage
Healer Priest

(Anyone know which are the summoner / paladin)?

Also, it looks like the best overall class is Archer. This is immportant since to get the dragon buster you need an angel, boden, and draco of same class. So it looks like Bloodwind, 1st from top in 2nd picture, 3rd from top in 3rd picture will be the units I am for for my first Dragon Buster.

commish

Also, it looks like the best overall class is Archer. This is immportant since to get the dragon buster you need an angel, boden, and draco of same class. So it looks like Bloodwind, 1st from top in 2nd picture, 3rd from top in 3rd picture will be the units I am for for my first Dragon Buster.

Ah, that's pretty important. I think people should keep this in mind when planning their dracos.

commish

FWIW I've still yet to see the stats on the dragon buster or details on exactly how it works. So it's still just speculation at this point.

But I'd rather keep the option open since it's so hard to make dracos. Takes me weeks to make one draco! Well, all I have is one, but you know what I mean :)

garath

All I know is I can still beat bloodwind teams in the arena (barely) but I get wrecked by brightspark. Lol

That said, I'll probably stick with my original plan of bloodwind first. I'd definitely do blackaria if I had a SSS healer :(

Brightspark would be just as good but I need to get another +2 on pari and I suspect pari with his aoe will be a better SSS to keep around than farq.

Chaos17

(Anyone know which are the summoner / paladin)?

Summoner
k-1148.png

Paladin
k-1416.png

FWIW I've still yet to see the stats on the dragon buster or details on exactly how it works. So it's still just speculation at this point.
You equip it like a card on an ally then the ally will randomly transform into it (that's what I understood without stranslating though).

Source 1 : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1075747
Source 2 : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1079024

KimChi

Both are good for first draco. I think the easiest way to decide between Bloodwind/ Brightspark is pretty easy for first draco. If your whole team or most of your team has a high crit rate go with Bloodwind since he has crit damage buff. Otherwise Brightspark is better for your party imo.

Oh nice, I was already planning to get the angel dps warrior mainly cause she looks cool . Seeing she ranks decently is nice to know. For sure will be aiming for the mages from angel and boden since I got Brightspark anyways. I think the Boden 2nd from the bottom is the mage since she has an aoe Fox transformation cc(60% chance last I saw) like sheep mage which gives her that S+(SS) rank in arena.

All I know is I can still beat bloodwind teams in the arena (barely) but I get wrecked by brightspark. Lol

That said, I'll probably stick with my original plan of bloodwind first. I'd definitely do blackaria if I had a SSS healer :(

Brightspark would be just as good but I need to get another +2 on pari and I suspect pari with his aoe will be a better SSS to keep around than farq.
In arena Brightspark>Bloodwind anyday. Bloodwind casting crit damage buff is sometimes what gets him killed for me lol, Brightspark on the other hand has a guaranteed aoe stun which is what probably kills you.

garath

So that image says brightspark is just as good as BW in WB? Then I will make a brightspark first.

Gives her an A+ for both. Gives bloodwind an A for golem I'm guessing and an S for hydra.

Just by that tier list brightspark looks better but as kimchi and others have pointed out, there are pros for both.

I'm completely torn.

commish

Just my 2 cents, but I think you guys are giving way too much weight to one person's tier list.

I would get brightspark first because I have 8 or so SSS mage weapons. Someone has to use them!

Rurunaki

Blackaria is the safest bet out of the Dracos. I was torn between Brightspark and her. Looks like Blackaria is a good pick for the long haul.

Shouta

So which of the Deify's should I go for in the US version? I think I have the bases for them.

Also, any good guides on what to do for it? The link in game seemed to be poorly written, lol

Kalavaras

Banned
I might start playing my priest again if I get a GB partner with Blackaria. Dual healing teams seems quite strong and really annoying at the moment. Really hard to burst both of them down and if one of them gets to do her thing freely its game over. On the other hand I'm having tons of fun with sheep mage but it's such a coin toss it gets annoying at some point. You get a good sheep in and you pretty much win if you've a decent dps team. You miss the sheep it's over.

Right now my GB is pretty much all based on RNG. Aoe sheep with Tiel who has like 35% chance to do AoE stun.

Edit: Right now the most annoying team I'm facing in GB is Priest Archer Blackaria Belle. Holy shit I don't even know what to do. Sheep has to hit everyone and even then it's a mess. You don't want anyone to heal, you don't want Belle to summon and it's impossible to burst anyone down.

commish

So which of the Deify's should I go for in the US version? I think I have the bases for them.

Also, any good guides on what to do for it? The link in game seemed to be poorly written, lol

... we just spent the entire page talking about which to go for! :p There's even a chart! ;)

If you mean how do you ascend, then you have to:

- get an SSS character to +max rank (by enhancing successfully 8 times),
- feed him/her 5 more SSS-rank characters to reach +ultimate
- accumulate (find or buy) 10 essences of the correct class (e.g., if you are trying to ascend an archer, then you need 10 bloodwind essences)
- ascend to the appropriate class

You also need a few million gold.

First thing you should decide is if you want a healer or a DPS. Personally I went with DPS as my first because I think killing shit is more fun than not dying.

If you decide healer: Obviously go with Blackaria

If you decide DPS, then decide what type of content you want to focus on. If you want to improve in world boss, go with Bloodwind. If you want to improve in Labyrinth or Arena, choose Brightspark.

Either way, no matter which one you choose, you aren't going to be disappointed.

KimChi

... we just spent the entire page talking about which to go for! :p There's even a chart! ;)

- accumulate (find or buy) 10 essences of the correct class (e.g., if you are trying to ascend an archer, then you need 10 bloodwind essences)

For gold, if you wait to limit break during the enhance cost discount on the weekend it will cost you ~1.7 million gold from Max-> Max+Ultimate(5 limit break). Deify is 800k gold(enhance cost discount doesn't affect this), so total 2.5mill if you decide to go ultimate and deify during enhance cost discount.

Bleh, I got bumped from 37 to 38 in Labyrinth. I know it's only 1 point, but shit I'm nervous I'm going to get bumped out of top 50. If I end up getting to 45 or so I might have to buy some tickets and spam labyrinth a bunch until I can improve my score. Although I'm guessing it could take up to 100 tickets before I get lucky enough to get that far again.

garath

For gold, if you wait to limit break during the enhance cost discount on the weekend it will cost you ~1.7 million gold from Max-> Max+Ultimate(5 limit break). Deify is 800k gold(enhance cost discount doesn't affect this), so total 2.5mill if you decide to go ultimate and deify during enhance cost discount.

Hm. I forgot to take the gold cost into account. I guess I'm stuck waiting now regardless. I only have around 850k. Might as well keep leveling my priest and hope to get to season 2 quick. She's already 49 and halfway through myth.

Hm. I forgot to take the gold cost into account. I guess I'm stuck waiting now regardless. I only have around 850k. Might as well keep leveling my priest and hope to get to season 2 quick. She's already 49 and halfway through myth.

It's super boring, but you can knock the gold out in a day of labyrinth. Just let it run from round 1 while you do other stuff around the house / work

Chaos17

Here're the gold cost that I wrote when I made my draco yesterday night so with no discount :

MAX +1 : 221 400
Max +2 : 246 000
MAX +3 : 492 000
MAX +4 : 738 000
MAX +5 : 984 000

Deify : 800 000

Shouta

It's all in korean, I can't read that!

Oof, Max and Ultimate huh? I'm gonna be at it for awhile then.

First thing you should decide is if you want a healer or a DPS. Personally I went with DPS as my first because I think killing shit is more fun than not dying.

If you decide healer: Obviously go with Blackaria

If you decide DPS, then decide what type of content you want to focus on. If you want to improve in world boss, go with Bloodwind. If you want to improve in Labyrinth or Arena, choose Brightspark.

Either way, no matter which one you choose, you aren't going to be disappointed.

I'm a Cleric so hrm, maybe DPS but another healer would be nice.

garath

Here're the gold cost that I wrote when I made my draco yesterday night so with no discount :

MAX +1 : 221 400
Max +2 : 246 000
MAX +3 : 492 000
MAX +4 : 738 000
MAX +5 : 984 000

Deify : 800 000

Wow. They really want people to buy rubies. 30 per essence, incredibly high gold requirements lol.

Just shy under 3.5 million from where I stand (a max SSS and 5 SSS fodder ready to be consumed)

If I opt for brightspark and need another +2 on my pari that'll be another chunk. Cool.

goober

Cause someone write a quick tutorial on how to run that script that was posted a few pages back?

Or I guess on how to run any script.

Top Bottom