• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

KimChi

Rogue. I'm leveling a priest but she's only 40. Slow going there.

Ah ok, hopefully can bring the priest up to a good level soon. Didn't you have another character beside the rogue? Maybe I'm mixing your characters up with someone else.

garath

Ah ok, hopefully can bring the priest up to a good level soon. Didn't you have another character beside the rogue? Maybe I'm mixing your characters up with someone else.

Nope. Just the rogue lol. I don't get to play quite as much as I used to. Going to put my nose down and get that priest up though.

I've been farming for essences :(

IMO you should stop farming for essences and just get your priest up. The reason I went cold turkey on essences is because I didn't want to get my priest to 55 *after* not needing any more essences. Because then the grind from 55-60 would be horrible. You're better off blasting through to 55. Once you get to Myth it becomes less painful, because you start getting lots of good allies in Fog Region, so at that point you're farming allies which will always be useful.

And then once you get to 55, you can spend the entire 55-60 farming essences on a new character.

KimChi

IMO you should stop farming for essences and just get your priest up. The reason I went cold turkey on essences is because I didn't want to get my priest to 55 *after* not needing any more essences. Because then the grind from 55-60 would be horrible. You're better off blasting through to 55. Once you get to Myth it becomes less painful, because you start getting lots of good allies in Fog Region, so at that point you're farming allies which will always be useful.

And then once you get to 55, you can spend the entire 55-60 farming essences on a new character.
100% agree with this. It feels like such a waste of shoes if you keep trying to farm essences on a lvl 60 character. Might as well just level up another character and grind essences on it when it reaches lvl 55.

You are also pretty close to a draco right? If you need like 3 more essences and have the spare rubies I'd just purchase them to make the draco if you think it can help your party become stronger. The free raid rubies on your priest could easily earn back the rubies via Myth raids.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
just realize that I need to slap myself into reality. I contemplated on buying 3000 rubies instead of putting money into a GPU. This game makes it so tempting

Rurunaki

just realize that I need to slap myself into reality. I contemplated on buying 3000 rubies instead of putting money into a GPU. This game makes it so tempting

3000 rubies is a bit much.. If anything, you can settle for that 1k rubies plus bonus and see how that goes..

Yeah. The premium summoning rate for a SSS should be 1/10 not 1/100. 100 bucks for a guaranteed SSS is waaaaayyyyyyyy too much.

Not saying prices are super cheap or anything, but you do get a lot more than just 1 SSS for $100. Even if you assume the SSS pull rate is 0, you get 50 premium summons, which is actually 60 with the 10+2 bonus. That's enough to get another SSS from scratch, or to max 1-2 dracos, or any number of other things.

Game would be completely broken if it were 1/10, you could pay $100 and be close to having the best team possible. Would be nice if it were a tad higher, but 1/10 would be broken imo.

I actually don't think it's 1/100, i think it's closer to 1/500. So i think 1/100 would be nice

Ventara

Guys which set of stats are better for my rogue?

ATK Speed 8
Crit DMG 29.1
EVA 17.3
Immunity 10.8

OR

ATK 210
DEF 1085
HP 2056
ACC 4.6
Def Pen 6.6
All Resist 23.9

Those stats are actual gains. My main concern is that if I go with the latter, my Immunity will only be 35.1% and EVA 35.9%, but I'll be getting a huge defense boost, as well as a slight bump in ATK. With the latter set, my Crit DMG drops to 198.1%.

I'm really on the fence with this one. The new set has defence and better attack, but I might get hit more with the drop in evasion and immunity, and the drop in critical damage might offset whatever gains I get from the increased attack. If only I got a drop with evasion instead of all resist, lol.

Rurunaki

Guys which set of stats are better for my rogue?

ATK Speed 8
Crit DMG 29.1
EVA 17.3
Immunity 10.8

OR

ATK 210
DEF 1085
HP 2056
ACC 4.6
Def Pen 6.6
All Resist 23.9

Those stats are actual gains. My main concern is that if I go with the latter, my Immunity will only be 35.1% and EVA 35.9%, but I'll be getting a huge defense boost, as well as a slight bump in ATK. With the latter set, my Crit DMG drops to 198.1%.

I'm really on the fence with this one. The new set has defence and better attack, but I might get hit more with the drop in evasion and immunity, and the drop in critical damage might offset whatever gains I get from the increased attack. If only I got a drop with evasion instead of all resist, lol.

I would go with the latter.. that def pen. and acc adds to overall damage.

Yaari

Yeah this game is fun but I'm the least tempted to buy anything out of all the mobile games I played thus far. They hand out so much free stuff, and the Premium summon rates are incredibly poor.

Only reason I threw 10$ at them is because I like the game, but I won't throw anything higher than that at them.

Currently going through my shitload of tickets by raiding. I got a nice chest armor with STAM / MAX HP / EVA, I guess it goes to Bloodwind. Wish it had DEX but whatever.

I've been getting flooded with Rods and Orbs but never any Quivers. Sigh. I also never gotten a single glove or boots.

Edit: Quiver;

Crit Damage, Crit Rate, Weapon ATK, Lightning DMG........ WHY NO STAMINA :(.

Why does the description of Magnify ultimate say Focus +54%, ATK Speed +37%? Isn't Focus for archers? Seems like a typo or something, does this actually do something else?

When you use it in combat it says Enhance all (ATK, ATK Speed Increase). So I guess it's really ATK +54%, ATK Speed +37%?

garath

Good call. Very good point. I'll grind it out next xp bonus

JigsawX

Plan to make Brightspark tonight and just buy my extra essences. For the SSS i'm use to sacrifice I'm on the fence for them. Not sure whether to Deify Porin for Blackaria later on and use Konfi as fodder or to use konfi for the defy to have both blackaria and porin.

Currently has a have a max Belle which was going to use for the summoner deify later on but i'm not sure if I should use my 2nd belle for that just to have belle and the new one later on.

Was saving my third slot for paladin class but I should prob just level up a priest right now shouldn't i?

garath

Hmm.. what build do you guys go for with a Priest. Magnify seems like the best, but where do you put the rest of the points? I like Euphoria for the immunity and cutie power up for the AoE heal. Should I pump 5 or so points into charming light as well?

A full breakdown would be handy :) Don't want to respec later if I can avoid it.

KimChi

Plan to make Brightspark tonight and just buy my extra essences. For the SSS i'm use to sacrifice I'm on the fence for them. Not sure whether to Deify Porin for Blackaria later on and use Konfi as fodder or to use konfi for the defy to have both blackaria and porin.

Currently has a have a max Belle which was going to use for the summoner deify later on but i'm not sure if I should use my 2nd belle for that just to have belle and the new one later on.

Was saving my third slot for paladin class but I should prob just level up a priest right now shouldn't i?
If you think you need a backup healer with Blackaria then keep Porin and deify Konfi. The only backup healer really worth keeping with Blackaria is Shabelle(arena) and maybe Mercedes(apparently nice to have for future content, not too sure on that).

Whats the issue with belle? If you deify the max one you need to enhance the other anyway to actually be useful no?

Concerning third slot I'd make the priest, paladin is not until season 3 so it will be quite a while.

Limit

Not saying prices are super cheap or anything, but you do get a lot more than just 1 SSS for $100. Even if you assume the SSS pull rate is 0, you get 50 premium summons, which is actually 60 with the 10+2 bonus. That's enough to get another SSS from scratch, or to max 1-2 dracos, or any number of other things.

Game would be completely broken if it were 1/10, you could pay $100 and be close to having the best team possible. Would be nice if it were a tad higher, but 1/10 would be broken imo.

I actually don't think it's 1/100, i think it's closer to 1/500. So i think 1/100 would be nice

My perspective is one of buying a regular $60 game that gives you access to everything the game has to offer. Yes, spending 60 bucks on a game like this should allow a player to be able to make 4 -5 dracos. The onus is on the game developers to keep expanding the game and release newer characters 3- 4 months down the line that people would be willing to dump 50 - 60 bucks again.

Uthred

Hmm.. what build do you guys go for with a Priest. Magnify seems like the best, but where do you put the rest of the points? I like Euphoria for the immunity and cutie power up for the AoE heal. Should I pump 5 or so points into charming light as well?

A full breakdown would be handy :) Don't want to respec later if I can avoid it.

I dont think theres any point putting points in Cutie Power Up for a "pure" magnify build as according to the tooltip it only affects the healing of your first skill, Charming Light, not your passive heal. I've been building my priest as 1/10+U/0 and 10/x/x/0. Hoping for a free reset to get rid of the initial 1 in charming light. Probably going to split the points evenly between passive 2 and 3.

The build that dominates leaderboards is 0/10+U/0 on the top row, and 10/X/X/0 on the bottom row, where you distribute the X's how you like. Note you'll need to respec for this to drop the initial point in Charming Light. But unless you're trying to seriously minmax, just ignore that 1 point. Otoh if you've already messed up by putting points into CL, maybe you'll need to respec anyway

In any case, don't put anything additional into Charming Light.

JigsawX

If you think you need a backup healer with Blackaria then keep Porin and deify Konfi. The only backup healer really worth keeping with Blackaria is Shabelle(arena) and maybe Mercedes(apparently nice to have for future content, not too sure on that).

Whats the issue with belle? If you deify the max one you need to enhance the other anyway to actually be useful no?

Concerning third slot I'd make the priest, paladin is not until season 3 so it will be quite a while.

I guess my question is I have 2 belle snows and 1 wizard ann.
1 snow is Max, the other 2 are so far SSS fodder. Should I use one snow + one whay as SSS fodder.
Wondering if any content will need the new Ascended Summoner + Belle snow or If I just need the Ascended Summoner. Was hoping to make Brigthspark tonight so I need 5 fodder.

Current list is Freya, Snow, ann, Konfi, Gar, Queen Caberra, Percy
Sac - Freya, Gar, Ann, and Queen Caberra
Holding Percy for Rogue and debating to hold Konfi for Priest
Not sure whether to use the 2nd belle or not for the 5th max

Yaari

I thought Ascended summoner summons Ascended units? Either way IMO I feel that Belle Snow will get outdated quite quickly now that we're up against these Draco units.

That's my take on it anyway.

KimChi

I guess my question is I have 2 belle snows and 1 wizard ann.
1 snow is Max, the other 2 are so far SSS fodder. Should I use one snow + one whay as SSS fodder.
Wondering if any content will need the new Ascended Summoner + Belle snow or If I just need the Ascended Summoner. Was hoping to make Brigthspark tonight so I need 5 fodder.

Current list is Freya, Snow, ann, Konfi, Gar, Queen Caberra, Percy
Sac - Freya, Gar, Ann, and Queen Caberra
Holding Percy for Rogue and debating to hold Konfi for Priest
Not sure whether to use the 2nd belle or not for the 5th max

oh ok, that makes more sense. I doubt you will need belle + ascend summoner for content. It would be cool to have a party of pure summoners just for the hell of it just to see how that would play out though lol.

If you do feed both Ann and your extra belle, do you know which summoner you are going for? Unless you really want both then its kinda bleh unless you think you can do another SSS combine before making Draco Brightspark.

The angel summoner seems more like an upgrade of belle minus the def buff and random ally summon since she only brings out that red warrior or w/e. Plus, she buffs her summon by stealing stats from monsters. Idk about the boden summoner.

Definitely keep Konfi to get Blackaria though.

I thought Ascended summoner summons Ascended units? Either way IMO I feel that Belle Snow will get outdated quite quickly now that we're up against these Draco units.

That's my take on it anyway.
That's what I heard too but looking at the info, angel summoner has the red warrior thing, boden summoner has that little chucky doll I guess she summons?

Cybolt

Why does the description of Magnify ultimate say Focus +54%, ATK Speed +37%? Isn't Focus for archers? Seems like a typo or something, does this actually do something else?

When you use it in combat it says Enhance all (ATK, ATK Speed Increase). So I guess it's really ATK +54%, ATK Speed +37%?

Going to guess it's a typo. Yes, Focus is for archers and the description in combat does mention ATK and ATK speed increase.

Yaari

So is the skill "Bright Eyes", what does the healing for a Priest? I didn't quite understand where the heal was even coming from.

garath

The build that dominates leaderboards is 0/10+U/0 on the top row, and 10/X/X/0 on the bottom row, where you distribute the X's how you like. Note you'll need to respec for this to drop the initial point in Charming Light. But unless you're trying to seriously minmax, just ignore that 1 point. Otoh if you've already messed up by putting points into CL, maybe you'll need to respec anyway

In any case, don't put anything additional into Charming Light.

Very nice thanks. I haven't put a single point in my priest yet. Strangely enough after the free respec I still didn't lose the single point in charming light :( maybe because I never did anything for skills or maybe I put one there thinking that was a no brainer. Dunno.

Either way I'll go with the 1/10/0 and 10/x/x/0.

Very nice thanks. I haven't put a single point in my priest yet. Strangely enough after the free respec I still didn't lose the single point in charming light :( maybe because I never did anything for skills or maybe I put one there thinking that was a no brainer. Dunno.

Either way I'll go with the 1/10/0 and 10/x/x/0.

The free respec didn't reset the 1 point, but the paid reset does.

Does anyone actually pay for BlueStacks? It claims it makes BlueStacks run faster, is that true? Is there any benefit to paying other than getting rid of the annoying popup?

vato_loco

Just got a Knight Ari on a fusion. I'm guessing since he shows up in loading screens that he's pretty good.

So far my team is my main, Fulson , Ari, Loki and... uh... Dark Assassin Percy. He actually really holds his own.

Anyways, I finally have a full SSS team. Soon I'll get my Brightspark and evolve her into something awesome. I hope...

Just got a Knight Ari on a fusion. I'm guessing since he shows up in loading screens that he's pretty good.

So far my team is my main, Fulson , Ari, Loki and... uh... Dark Assassin Percy. He actually really holds his own.

Anyways, I finally have a full SSS team. Soon I'll get my Brightspark and evolve her into something awesome. I hope...

All SSS can show up on the loading screen. In any case, yea, he's not bad.

KimChi

Does anyone actually pay for BlueStacks? It claims it makes BlueStacks run faster, is that true? Is there any benefit to paying other than getting rid of the annoying popup?
No idea, thats why I just use andyroid. No silly ads or pop ups just a straight up emulator that works.

Ari is a decent tank, plus she ascends into Kamiel = aoe attack+stun for normal attack :D
Btw, not really important but Ari is female. You would think they could fix simple typo's yet magnify description still hasn't been fixed.

Just made it to level 50 on my priest. Man this is going fast. I suspect 50-55 will be brutal, but I'm up to Fog Region now, so bring on the allies. I've already gotten 3 A allies and a B just since reaching Myth mode, so my body is ready for all these allies.

Rurunaki

Just made it to level 50 on my priest. Man this is going fast. I suspect 50-55 will be brutal, but I'm up to Fog Region now, so bring on the allies. I've already gotten 3 A allies and a B just since reaching Myth mode, so my body is ready for all these allies.

It does slow down after 50 ;_; even with %exp ACC and bonus buff

Yaari

I'm not too bothered getting level60, I just hate how much shoes it takes to get to Myth. I wish I could start there. Haha.

I'm not too bothered getting level60, I just hate how much shoes it takes to get to Myth. I wish I could start there. Haha.

It does suck. Although in terms of absolute time, it took me less than a week. I'm hoping i can average 1 level a day getting to 60, that would be enough for me.

The worst part is the horrendously long unskippable cutscenes in normal mode, lol.

Supposedly in ch3 they get rid of all the difficulties and merge it into a single map. Sounds amazing, I just don't want to wait that long, lol

Upgraded Turq to ULTIMATE with the bonus. Tried Labyrinth again after the upgrade and I beat round 30 3/3 times. So I guess it makes a difference. Also made it to round 35, which is farther than I've ever been. I still dont' know how to handle that Lamb Chaos from Caberra though, she uses it before any of my guys have a chance to do anything, so I don't even have time for a stun or a skill disable.

I'm not going to be deifying her for a long time, because given how unbelivably strong Turq is (her ATK is 8600) I don't think it's worth it unless I can get Brightspark to at least +7. And I have exactly 10 essences and no S fodder.

Top Bottom