• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What stats do you prioritize for sheep mages? Accuracy?

Are crit rate + crit damage still king for everyone?

I prioritize survival. Can't sheep if you are dead, and your teammates are there for DPS. I've read that accuracy does and doesn't help with sheeping, so I don't know anymore.

Pejo

I just made mine last night and got her to +1. With the SSS gear I gave her she currently has 19k HP.

Holy shit, that's impressive! You must have hit the lottery with your SSS equips to have the perfect mix of HP+ and STA+, and the set bonus. Mine only has 14k at lv 60 at +2, and that's only with my Draco Deathcrown HP bonus. Do your accessories have STA too?

Rurunaki

I just made mine last night and got her to +1. With the SSS gear I gave her she currently has 19k HP.

Same here. Fresh Draco Brightspark last night. No + yet, but her health is pretty much at 19k. She hasn't improved my Lab, but that's because of the lack of enhancement most likely. Will work on her as soon as they get the 10+2 premium summons back.

garath

Same here. Fresh Draco Brightspark last night. No + yet, but her health is pretty much at 19k. She hasn't improved my Lab, but that's because of the lack of enhancement most likely. Will work on her as soon as they get the 10+2 premium summons back.

I'm hoping Monday brings the 10+2 back. I have another SSS combine ready to go and I have another SS unit up to +3 just on Bs so far. I maaaay be able to squeeze out a second SSS with my rubies.

Up to 2 mil gold. Still need another mil to get my first draco. Long time sigh.

zanyu

I prioritize survival. Can't sheep if you are dead, and your teammates are there for DPS. I've read that accuracy does and doesn't help with sheeping, so I don't know anymore.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this.

Tldr: Yes accuracy helps sheep mages, but only for the whole spell landing, and the damage can hit, but the sheep itself can be resisted due to immunity.
The spell must first land, and then the CC effect is on a different roll.

Acc= Accuracy
Imm = Immunity.

The spell rolls twice. But the first roll must always land for the second roll.

Hit (Acc) - Miss (Immunity)
Miss (Acc) - Miss (no roll)
Hit (Acc) - Sheep (Reduced duration based on immunity)

There is no scenario of:

Miss (Acc) - Sheep

So accuracy does NOT improve the chances of the sheep succeeding due to immunity. So when people say it does not help sheep "land" they mean it does not improve the chances due to it is based off their immunity and not their evasion.

One thing I have an extremely hard time of understanding is if characters have an innate chance to resist the sheep.

I would only be able to figure this out if there was a character with 0 evasion, and 0 immunity and I just spam sheep. Theoretically I should land sheep 100% of the time.
What stats do you prioritize for sheep mages? Accuracy?

Are crit rate + crit damage still king for everyone?

When playing my mage I go like this.

Accuracy > Evasion > Stam (due to potential % bonus from ally) > health > immunity > Crit damage > crit

Don't neglect the damage though. Damage is definitely important, if you are putting 10 points into meteor, and 9 into weapon damage, you should still be hitting to make your damage worthwhile.

Immunity, you can value how that you will. Immunity is only good for PVP and I would only go for it on 1-3 pieces of gear if it just comes on a piece of gear awesome, if not, as long as you don't get an off stat or all resist you're good.

Rurunaki

I'm hoping Monday brings the 10+2 back. I have another SSS combine ready to go and I have another SS unit up to +3 just on Bs so far. I maaaay be able to squeeze out a second SSS with my rubies.

Up to 2 mil gold. Still need another mil to get my first draco. Long time sigh.

There's no rush.. I kinda made the mistake of getting the Draco with not enough mats to enhance her.. She's has a good impact on the team, but that's only because I had a crappy SSS mage to begin with (Marble something).

Uthred

Do you need to be 60 for essences to drop? Been grinding my alt priest, just hit 57 and not a single essence, RNG is RNG but just wondering

Chaos17

I want the auto-retry button, spending 160 shoes for essences is tiring to manualy : select friend then start the dungeon T_T

Yaari

Been pumping tons of tickets into Phoenix. Still only getting weapons and the ocassional chest armor. Unbelievable.

I might just say F it and way till the next raid boss for the armor. Whatever I get will be outdated.

The only positive thing is that my entire team has the 2-set item bonus. Lol.

And yeah. I want the bonus back. 500 Rubies ready. Let's go.

garath

Been pumping tons of tickets into Phoenix. Still only getting weapons and the ocassional chest armor. Unbelievable.

I might just say F it and way till the next raid boss for the armor. Whatever I get will be outdated.

The only positive thing is that my entire team has the 2-set item bonus. Lol.

And yeah. I want the bonus back. 500 Rubies ready. Let's go.

I've literally gotten nothing from the Phoenix but weapons. Not a single piece of armor has gone my way. I've seen a lot of gloves and boots in the pay 10 rubies slot though -_-

Chaos17

Welp, even my guild leader is not doing his weekly guild points (250) -.-'
We've 20 leechers : 10 of them did at least their gm events this week (thank you Gamevil)

We're rank 19, I don't know if that will be enough to get at least the costume.
I really like the core gamers of my guild (nice people and friendly) but it seems it's gonna be my last days in that guild.

Yaari

I just got 2 pairs of Boots in what seemed 5 kills or less. Lol.
Obviously though, the stat I don't need at all. STR. Yeah, awesome.

They do, however, both have STAM and MAX HP. Do they still qualify?

Funny how that works though, complaining really helps.

Edit:

Got this orb:

CRIT DMG/CRIT RATE/STAM/DEF PEN.

Wonder who I should give it to. Draco BS? (When I get it). My mage doesn't really need it I think.
Does Def Pen even work with mages?

KimChi

I just got 2 pairs of Boots in what seemed 5 kills or less. Lol.
Obviously though, the stat I don't need at all. STR. Yeah, awesome.

They do, however, both have STAM and MAX HP. Do they still qualify?

Funny how that works though, complaining really helps.

Edit:

Got this orb:

CRIT DMG/CRIT RATE/STAM/DEF PEN.

Wonder who I should give it to. Draco BS? (When I get it). My mage doesn't really need it I think.
Does Def Pen even work with mages?

It should work on mages, Draco Brightspark has a passive that gives her def pen.

Uthred

Finally got a second SSS dagger for my rogue, sadly its stats are shit, no +crit dmg or +crit chance, the SS Ancient Phoenix Dagger I have is much better. The game could do with slightly better itemisation, no more armour with +INt and +STR and no weapons with out at least one "core" stat beyond WPN ATK.

KimChi

I got one with Accuracy, and this one with Def Pen. Which one would you give BS?
She has another passive that gives her crit rate and accuracy lol, up to you really.
Her passives give 14 crit rate, 19 accuracy, 23 def pen.
edit:I would go probably go with def pen.
Do you need 7000+ pts for top 1%?
I'm at 9453 points ranked 0.389% maybe 8k minimum is needed.

Salamande

Just combined for an Archer Ur. I was going to eat him, but...this is the one who's good against bosses, right? My WB ratings are abysmal, so maybe I'll keep him around.

commish

Do you need 7000+ pts for top 1%?

I had 7k last week for 1%. This week I'm at 6600 and .68%. 7k should be fine I would guess.

In other news, watching 1 rogue kill all 6 of your guys in arena gets pretty old pretty fast.

Otheradam

Last 2 Essences have been Bloodwinds. Looks like RNGod wants me to have a Bloodwind, lol.

I got impatient after 5 for Bloodwind and bought the rest. This was 5 days ago. I've been farming pretty aggressively and have 12 deathcrown ones now. I don't even want to make him. Making Blackaria next, but only have 5 at the moment.

Limit

I wish it was possible to bring your friends' allies as well for questing purposes. It feels weird that there are all these interesting SSS characters with various features but you are only limited to experiencing one of 4 basic types of allies as friends. Most other f2p games that I have played lets you choose any ally to be put up as a friend. I would love, for instance, to have shabelle or draco brightspark friends that I could bring for questing.

commish

I wish it was possible to bring your friends' allies as well for questing purposes. It feels weird that there are all these interesting SSS characters with various features but you are only limited to experiencing one of 4 basic types of allies as friends. Most other f2p games that I have played lets you choose any ally to be put up as a friend. I would love, for instance, to have shabelle or draco brightspark friends that I could bring for questing.

Also agree that it's a bit strange that we can only use someone else's hero. Would add a bit of strategy if they would allow us to put our minions up for use by our friends.

Rurunaki

In korean server they are able to use Allies as "friends."

garath

No 10+2 boooooooo.

I combined for my latest SSS. Was hoping for either straight fodder or an awesome healer. I got... Socerer mer. Not the healer I was looking for game. :( I don't even know what to do with him. I guess he'd be good for two healer teams but I haven't needed a second healer in awhile.

Still 2 mil gold. I got my pari to max so I can make Draco brightspark instead of bloodwind if I choose. I have enough SSS fodder, close to enough gold just only 5 essences for each. Priest is over halfway to 55 then I can start farming for essences again. Wooo. By the time I get my first draco the next elite units will be out :/

This would be a lot faster if I leveled my priest awhile ago and I could get those free A units daily. Damn time :(

commish

The lollipop rewards kinda suck. I wish I didn't just buy one. Seems like it's best to just use them for pulls or tickets.

And no 10+2 sucks, but I won't be pulling for a while anyway. Going to just wait for the next update (next week I'm guessing, after lollipops). Do we know which angels will be released exactly?

commish

Seems interesting how easy is it to play without reading anything?

You don't have to read anything for this game in order to play. It's pretty straightforward after a few minutes. But there are some things that will need some explaining, like fusing. It's easy to understand but there are details to know to be the most efficient. Ask any q's you have in this thread.

Chaos17

Do we know which angels will be released exactly?
If they follow Korean realese, the first wave should be those 2 :

k-1148.png

k-1149.png

Chaos17

Awesome.

Wait...

What am I looking at? :p Summoner and archer?

Yes

Edit : It was posted 08/11/2015 (totally missed it, I should stalk GM posts more, lol)

Next scheduled promo-code would be the next Dragon Blaze Twitch episode, which should be announced within the next week or two.

Besides that, we’ve got some upcoming events on our Facebook, which will be announced within the next few days.

Thanks!

– DC

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?265072-Any-new-promo-codes&p=768035#post768035

Uthred

Awesome.

Wait...

I really want that archer, guess I'll be hoping for a SSS archer with my next combination. I wonder how much of an upgrade over Belle Snow El Rebekah is. You seem to be trading the chance Belle Snow will summon something awesome for whatever El Rebekah's Red Warrior can do (Or does El Rebekah summon a normal random unit and the Red Warrior?)

garath

Awesome.

Wait...

Hmm. Even more of a reason to make Draco brightspark first. I'll save my max Archer for the angels. They work the same way right? Ultimate an SSS Archer and use essences to make the angel?

Chaos17

From the video (lost the link) that I saw : no, she only summon her warrior that will take the highest atk of the ennemy, so that's probably why she is great on WB.

Hmm. Even more of a reason to make Draco brightspark first. I'll save my max Archer for the angels. They work the same way right? Ultimate an SSS Archer and use essences to make the angel?
Yup, it will be always the same.
Just the essence that will change.
So far, I think angels will only have one essence for all of them (thank god, lol)

commish

Huh....If archer's one of the first ones maybe I'll hold off on making Bloodwind and just get this one. I still need enough money for the final Limit Break and Deify as it is.

I think the difference is single target vs aoe focused. I know a lot of people like the angel archer, though. I'll be aiming for the summoner though unless I get a freaking SSS healer.

Pejo

I'm fairly sure if I make any of the angels, it's going to be the mage dude that explodes on death. Mainly just because that's all kinds of fun sounding. I'm mostly holding fast for the Boden though, they generally seem to be the most OP versions of their respective classes, especially Rogue, Summoner, and Warrior.

Whizkid7

I think the difference is single target vs aoe focused. I know a lot of people like the angel archer, though. I'll be aiming for the summoner though unless I get a freaking SSS healer.

Ah, yeah, I see that now. Damn, now it's a tough choice because they both seem so good...Guess I'll play it by ear; if they get released before I'm ready for Bloodwind I'll go for her.

Edit: Oh man, I can't wait for the Knight angel, though. It's like Tiel on steroids.

commish

I'm fairly sure if I make any of the angels, it's going to be the mage dude that explodes on death. Mainly just because that's all kinds of fun sounding. I'm mostly holding fast for the Boden though, they generally seem to be the most OP versions of their respective classes, especially Rogue, Summoner, and Warrior.

The problem with waiting I'm finding is that it gets harder and harder to compete with people who have the uber characters while you are waiting.

niosh

Banned
The problem with waiting I'm finding is that it gets harder and harder to compete with people who have the uber characters while you are waiting.

There's always going to be something better further down the line. I think a lot of people are missing out on potential rubies if they are specifically waiting on Bodens while skipping Dracos and Angels while falling behind. The wait for Angels I can understand since they will come in the next few months but Chap 3 we have no idea when that is coming.

I personally invested in Dracos will likely be skipping all but 1-2 angels and will probably invest in a couple of Bodens.

Pejo

Yea I know what you mean. I think it's less of an issue for me because I don't try to make the extremely high tiers. I usually aim for top 5% Arena, and top 10% in Laby/WB. I've recently started digging in to GB now that I have some useful ally characters to partner with, so I will be looking into trying to place higher there every week now.

I do fear that if the game loses players or people get less involved in the weekly events, I might start slipping beyond my capabilities, but I'm hopeful that Gamevil will keep people excited enough to play. Even in that case, I don't think a single unit will push me over thresholds that much, (outside of Blackaria - still never got a SSS healer out of ~20 SSS combines)

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone feel that they make it super confusing to see where your personal/guild stats are, and what you need point-wise to get prizes? I still don't fully understand it, but I can at least see my personal rank now. Can you not collect rewards for GB until 6:00PM PDT? If we ever place as a guild, how are the rubies divided?

garath

So I have a sorcerer mer now. He can ascend into blackaria right? Maybe I should shift focus and work on him. Its going to take a LOT of fodder to get him going though. But on the bright side I'd get an incredible healer unit out if it.

Yaari

So I have a sorcerer mer now. He can ascend into blackaria right? Maybe I should shift focus and work on him. Its going to take a LOT of fodder to get him going though. But on the bright side I'd get an incredible healer unit out if it.

Sure, he's a ppriest. That should work.

This stupid 10+2 is now actually stopping me from making progress. I don't want to draw without it, but I need A's for my final SS that gets me Brightspark.

Going to whine on Reddit maybe they'll turn it on. Lol.

commish

Love seeing people lose to my arena team. I hope I broke their 20 win streak! I dunno why people challenge my team when there are lower hanging fruit. I don't mess with teams that have sheep mages because RNG can cause you to lose even with a stronger team.

arevin01

They don't participate on Reddit beside posting from time to time a news.
I suggest you instead to post on their official forum, they're more active over there.

Deathcrown still posts there and he usually takes note and pass it on to the higher ups.

Otheradam

OMG this game keeps throwing Deathcrown essences on me when I don't want to make him! Last 3 were his. I'm up to 13 now and 5 or less of everyone else.

Uthred

I wonder is it worth waiting till the 22nd to see if they renew the 3 allys for a SSS GM event, its so hard to hold off on SSS combines though, dat gambling urge, daddy needs a new healer!

Top Bottom