• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Combined for King Gram too. Needed fodder, but i guess this is okay

This is a reoccurring thing for me but it's hard to complain. Looking to get fodder and I combined for a Loki, Windlune and Belle Snow, my first three "top tier" characters, basically, besides BW.

Yaari

Got 400 Rubies again but why would anyone do pulls without the 2 free ones? They really shooting themselves in the foot here.

arevin01

With a sheep mage, whay, shabelle, DC, and Tyran I tried to spam all the revivie scrolls as I was getting wiped and made it to lab 31 lol.

Limit

What's tough about these F2P games is that once you have spent some money on one there is no longer any principle that is inherently stopping you from spending on that same game again. The floodgates are open now. "I am ".." close to getting my 4th SSS but if I were to spend 100 bucks I would be "." close to getting enough SSS for another draco" a voice inside me head keeps telling me. But then I have to slap myself out of it and tell that voice it's ridiculous to spend 1/4th of the cost of my phone on a single app.

I shall persevere.

Salamande

480 runs of Phoenix, never a Glove or Boots. 1 single Helmet. Sigh.

Guess I got all your gloves and shoes as that's all I ever find. Would trade you for a nice weapon to finally finish up this set.

Can I join this bitch fest?

I've been at 4/6 pieces for 2 weeks, running Phoenix with bonus chance every day. Just got my armor this evening, and I'm still looking for shoes. It'll probably be another 2 weeks.

KimChi

I've no idea how to use this Qoo.. Why does it have minute maid on it? Ah it's the wrong app :(

Edit: Nope.. I don't know what's going on anymore..
http://blog.qoo-app.com/
the top right orange button should just give you the apk, install and search exactly what wapple typed.

480 runs of Phoenix, never a Glove or Boots. 1 single Helmet. Sigh.

585 phoenix, I've never seen a single glove. I do get plenty of daggers with garbage stats >.>

Would be nice if raid tokens get implemented soon. Won't give a damn about increase raid drops when it does.

Finally got my priest ot level 55 so I can move on to chapter 2. Haven't gotten a single essence in 2 weeks and it's been holding me back as I have a Captain Turq+ULTIMATE ready to turn into Brightspark once I get a few more essences.

wapplew

Thank youuuu

Tips for your Korea adventure, play a Paladin, save 990 ruby for the item in potion and scroll ( level to 80, free 60 SSS ful set, free 3 SSS ally). Only can buy once per account.

Make new character, gather that raid quest ruby, rinse and repeat.

Rurunaki

Tips for your Korea adventure, play a Paladin, save 990 ruby for the item in potion and scroll ( level to 80, free 60 SSS ful set, free 3 SSS ally). Only can buy once per account.

Only wanted to play to see the Korean meta and to plan ahead for the Global version.

garath

1.8mil gold now. Spamming labyrinth on my second monitor with Andyroid while I play league of Legends has been helping. Its so so boring otherwise. My priest is only 53 so still a ways until I get farming for essences again. I guess I'm going to be stuck buying them. Sigh.

Salamande

Finally got my priest ot level 55 so I can move on to chapter 2. Haven't gotten a single essence in 2 weeks and it's been holding me back as I have a Captain Turq+ULTIMATE ready to turn into Brightspark once I get a few more essences.

At that point, might as well bite the bullet and drop the rubies.

Otheradam

I wonder if they stealth nerfed the drop rates of essences in the past 2 weeks. I was getting 2 maybe 3 regularly until this week, and its been maybe 1 a day spamming around 60-100 shoes.

Pejo

I wonder if they stealth nerfed the drop rates of essences in the past 2 weeks. I was getting 2 maybe 3 regularly until this week, and its been maybe 1 a day spamming around 60-100 shoes.

I've been getting more in the past week than ever before. I'm sitting at at least 5 of each type of essence right now, before last week I had 5 total. I just finished grinding my mage on the spider boss stage from 55-60, which is how I got all the essences. I think it's mainly the desire sensor working and the randomness.

Otheradam

I've been getting more in the past week than ever before. I'm sitting at at least 5 of each type of essence right now, before last week I had 5 total. I just finished grinding my mage on the spider boss stage from 55-60, which is how I got all the essences. I think it's mainly the desire sensor working and the randomness.

Well, right after I posted that, I got 3 to drop within 30 shoes of each other. Only 1 I actually want though. That's another matter entirely =/

At that point, might as well bite the bullet and drop the rubies.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore. Anyway I'm 55 now and farming crystal palace 6 again, so no reason to go back now. Once i get to 15 i might be willing to buy enough to max Brightspark but that's a ways off.

arevin01

Did they remove the option to check to see what you need to complete for the weekly rewards and others like how many monsters you killed or gold acquired? I remember it was there in chapter 1.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore. Anyway I'm 55 now and farming crystal palace 6 again, so no reason to go back now. Once i get to 15 i might be willing to buy enough to max Brightspark but that's a ways off.

Can crystal palace 6 still drop the accessories and the SS staff?

Did they remove the option to check to see what you need to complete for the weekly rewards and others like how many monsters you killed or gold acquired? I remember it was there in chapter 1.

Can crystal palace 6 still drop the accessories and the SS staff?

Not sure about the staff. It drops the earring though and it drops the Oberon body armor piece. I assume it drops the staff too.

In any case, my main is a priest 55 right now and it makes it much harder to beat CP 6 for me, so I'm going back to Hermit Lake 9 for now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

They are still there. Doesn't show up if you've finished them, at least for the weekly quest.

KimChi

Thanks, did not know about that item...just tried it and got shabelle, brightspark, and loki from the 3 SSS lol.

Chaos17

Korean version : I am stuck at the character selection, even by re-installating the game it isn't working since yesterday. Am I alone ?

I am using BlueStack.

Anybody know when we get the update to unlock the second skill card slot as well as upgrade skills? Does that happen in ch. 2 or 3?

Don't know the chapter but enchancing skills for allies should come for season 2.
And like Kimchi said, the second card slot is for gundam, season 3.

KimChi

Korean version : I am stuck at the character selection, even by re-installating the game it isn't working since yesterday. Am I alone ?

I am using BlueStack.

Don't know the chapter but enchancing skills for allies should come for season 2.
And like Kimchi said, the second card slot is for gundam, season 3.

I am playing the korean version right now, no issues on my end, using Andyroid instead of Bluestacks though.

Each limit break=1 skill point, and any ascended unit will also need essences to up a skill.

So does that mean that a unit at +ULTIMATE will immediately (once the patch goes live) have 5 free points to spread around? Or is there a special limit break that doesn't affect your character's level but only increases a skill?

Also, can we assume as a corollary that you can't add more than 5 points?

KimChi

So does that mean that a unit at +ULTIMATE will immediately (once the patch goes live) have 5 free points to spread around? Or is there a special limit break that doesn't affect your character's level but only increases a skill?

Also, can we assume as a corollary that you can't add more than 5 points?

Yes, if you already have an +Ult ally they should have the skill points when the patch is live, would be weird if otherwise.
However, I was looking at the +Ult ascended units some high rank people have and I think we only get 4 points total. All of their +Ultimates only have 1 Maxed skill and it says "Master" over it. While the other skills only go up to 2/3. I've checked multiple people and its always like that on their +Ult units. So I assume we can only max out 1 skill then raise the others up to level 2 only.
UPeRA7q.png

Yaari

My Archer Ur went from 2480+1100 attack to 2480+1825 attack, when I finally gave him some SSS weapons (Upgrades too). Pretty significant increase. Especially since he also has nice damage boosts against bosses. Hopefully it will show during the next raid boss.

Yaari

Some new Facebook event. In which the highest reward is an SS. I think that's kind of lame. At this point in the game, a SSS is perfectly fine. And by the time we ever hit 100k? We'll be 3 months down the road.

Edit: Sorry for doublepost.

Einbroch

Banned
Gamevil seems really reluctant to give up an SSS.

Honestly, I wish there was a "SSS token unit" that you could feed to another SSS to limit break it. People don't necessarily want a SSS unit for the unit itself, they need that sweet fodder for Draco.

Yaari

Honestly, I wish there was a "SSS token unit" that you could feed to another SSS to limit break it. People don't necessarily want a SSS unit for the unit itself, they need that sweet fodder for Draco.

Yeah. I'll just reply that to the Reddit. By the time this shit ends, a SS is pretty much even more useless than it already is now. It's fodder. Nothing more.

They lowballed us with that "Super Unique" reward last time, we didn't get it because it was outdated. Now they make an event, of which they know, takes months to hit its goal, and the big prize is a... SS. I get a SS every month just for logging in.

Don't get me wrong. Dragon Blaze is a rewarding game. But that's the way it was designed. I don't think Gamevil is all that generous with their own twists to the game.

Pejo

Aren't those little robots essentially this, that you buy with PVP tokens in season 3? Or am I imagining that I read that.

Einbroch

Banned
Aren't those little robots essentially this, that you buy with PVP tokens in season 3? Or am I imagining that I read that.

They're just enhancing material but don't count towards limit breaking, IIRC.

Also, interesting that DC basically said that they have way more players per week than World Bosses show. Seems weird because it literally takes 20 seconds to do a WB and get some rubies once a week.

Yaari

Worst idea was being "Global" and then making 3 servers. I'm sure there was a way to include all regions. More games have done it

They definitely can merge them. It's actually not that difficult. I hope they do.

Eh, I'm not sold on it not being difficult. I wrote a lot of the server for a certain online game, and I can tell you that for us, it was very difficult. And I can definitely imagine how it could be difficult for Dragon Blaze.

Not saying it's not doable, but it definitely isn't as trivial as most people think.

Einbroch

Banned
Eh, I'm not sold on it not being difficult. I wrote a lot of the server for a certain online game, and I can tell you that for us, it was very difficult. And I can definitely imagine how it could be difficult for Dragon Blaze.

It really depends on how the game was built. I too have merged databases and, for the project I was on, it was fairly straightforward.

Not saying it's always easy, but if people get a whiff that a game is dying (ie seeing low numbers in events), they'll jump ship. Perception is very, very important. Spending the time and resources could make the difference in a shut down game and one that is profitable for years to come.

This works works with any new character right? Not just paladin?

Top Bottom