• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Chaos17

Rushing on the korean version won't get you anywhere, specialy if you're neglecting the farming of raids and gems, imo.
The guys on the top ranking of koreans will eat you alive if you come unprepared.

Rushing on the korean version won't get you anywhere, specialy if you're neglecting the farming of raids and gems, imo.

I have full set of Ultimates 6 chars, 80% of those equipment are maxed and jeweled, I'm not rushing. 990 rubies to lvl a new toon and 3 SSS is a pretty great deal.... especially when I spent that much this month and had nothing but S to show for it.

KimChi

The guys on the top ranking of koreans will eat you alive if you come unprepared.

Rushing the other characters to 80 and getting the raid bonuses is more for the free rubies, expecting to rank in anything just because there is a shortcut to 80 from the start is silly lol.

Pejo

So after I got my mage to 60, I decided I want to roll a warrior too...because reasons. What's the recommended DPS warrior build? I don't want taunt at all basically, I have Draco DC. I'm assuming Rage Rush Ult, but other than that and the attack buff passives, I'm not sure where to go.

Rurunaki

So after I got my mage to 60, I decided I want to roll a warrior too...because reasons. What's the recommended DPS warrior build? I don't want taunt at all basically, I have Draco DC. I'm assuming Rage Rush Ult, but other than that and the attack buff passives, I'm not sure where to go.

10-1/1/0
10/0/*/10

Pejo

10-1/1/0
10/0/*/10

cool, thanks for the build. Curious as to why you ignored the passive to buff your entire team though. I read on Reddit that it's an extremely powerful passive, especially once you get ascended allies. Also, a perma 20% atk/def boost seems good for a dps build altogether.

On another unrelated note, I finally have enough fodder to make another Draco unit. I REALLY want Blackaria or Brightspark, but I only have warrior/archer/rogue units to use in the creation. Down the road, I'd love to have that Rogue Dragon Buster, but it seems like Greysoul would be the least helpful addition to my team at this point. I don't really like archers, even though I'm looking for AOE DPS if I make a dps. I talked myself down from combining this weekend (so far). My weakest areas right now are definitely world bosses and GB/Arena. Would anyone recommend making Greysoul or Bloodwind? Or should I do what my heart tells me and just hold out for a mage or priest to make what I really want.

For reference, my main character is a DoD Rogue, and I already have Draco DC, and the rest of my team consists of Belle Snow, Viri, and either Loki/Fulson/Deathcrown depending on the event.

KimChi

On another unrelated note, I finally have enough fodder to make another Draco unit. I REALLY want Blackaria or Brightspark, but I only have warrior/archer/rogue units to use in the creation. Down the road, I'd love to have that Rogue Dragon Buster, but it seems like Greysoul would be the least helpful addition to my team at this point. I don't really like archers, even though I'm looking for AOE DPS if I make a dps. I talked myself down from combining this weekend (so far). My weakest areas right now are definitely world bosses and GB/Arena. Would anyone recommend making Greysoul or Bloodwind? Or should I do what my heart tells me and just hold out for a mage or priest to make what I really want.

For reference, my main character is a DoD Rogue, and I already have Draco DC, and the rest of my team consists of Belle Snow, Viri, and either Loki/Fulson/Deathcrown depending on the event.
Greysoul= pvp/gb
Bloodwind= wb
If you want Greysoul to be helpful though, pretty sure you will want to enhance him a couple times. Bloodwind could boost you up in wb a decent amount without enhances, mainly for hydra though.

How many essence do you have for Greysoul or Bloodwind? If only 10 then I'd say hold off and wait to see what a few more combines will give you unless you really need another draco to beef up the party.

Rurunaki

cool, thanks for the build. Curious as to why you ignored the passive to buff your entire team though. I read on Reddit that it's an extremely powerful passive, especially once you get ascended allies. Also, a perma 20% atk/def boost seems good for a dps build altogether.

Oh no.. I didn't ignore it. I put an * in there meaning as it's up to your discretion on how many you want to put there.

Pejo

Greysoul= pvp/gb
Bloodwind= wb
If you want Greysoul to be helpful though, pretty sure you will want to enhance him a couple times. Bloodwind could boost you up in wb a decent amount without enhances, mainly for hydra though.

How many essence do you have for Greysoul or Bloodwind? If only 10 then I'd say hold off and wait to see what a few more combines will give you unless you really need another draco to beef up the party.

I'm sitting around 10 for each, but I don't mind dropping a few essences to get to +2 or +3 off the bat.

Oh no.. I didn't ignore it. I put an * in there meaning as it's up to your discretion on how many you want to put there.

Ah my bad, I misunderstood. I like your build, so I think I'll do that, with less points into that last passive. Do Warriors even get rage without getting hit?

Rurunaki

I'm sitting around 10 for each, but I don't mind dropping a few essences to get to +2 or +3 off the bat.

Ah my bad, I misunderstood. I like your build, so I think I'll do that, with less points into that last passive. Do Warriors even get rage without getting hit?

That's the conundrum with DPS Warriors.. You either have to get a bit tanky to get the rage up or use it sparingly..

Maybe switch the skills to

10-1/0/5
10/*/9/*

Keeping in mind that the 3rd passive only takes the BASE ATK.. so it's not synergetic with the 4th passive.

Sciel

Bloodwind = WB unit. Not very good in GB (worst of 5 dracos for GB).
Greysoul = Excellent for GB/Arena but only good against one world boss (average against Hydra). Not much utility in Laby.

Honestly, D.Brightspark is pretty much what you want atm (broken/excellent in all events). So if you can, maybe hold off till your next 1-2 combines and pray you get a SSS Mage.

Blackaria is godlike in GB/Excellent in Lab but won't make that much of a difference in WB for you.

Yaari

If I go for Brightspark over Bloodwind, I can get my next Draco really soon.
My main focus is probably WB too, at this point. I might take your recommendation then too.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
For those that play on the korean servers...what is their "average" weekly participants on lab. I wonder if the game will pick up more steam. Seems like many of my people on my friends list lost interest in the game and haven't login in over a week

Limit

Wonder if we could merge with the Reddit guild, if our most active people went. Most of us browse there anyway.

I would be up for it assuming most other active players are willing as well. Slowly but surely we are moving up in ranks as a guild but during GB time it just feels like there aren't enough active players. Plus, for those in central or eastern time zone the window for GB is even shorter than west coast.

Yaari

I would be up for it assuming most other active players are willing as well. Slowly but surely we are moving up in ranks as a guild but during GB time it just feels like there aren't enough active players. Plus, for those in central or eastern time zone the window for GB is even shorter than west coast.

The week I joined we were around rank 100~. We're still rank 100~. We're not really moving up in ranks unfortunately.

Yeah the windows are bad. They have to change it. They ignore any request though.

garath

I would gb more but that's a bad time. My wife and I are normally getting ready for bed. Not to mention its the 30% xp bonus time and I'm still trying to level my priest.

They need a bigger window or multiple.

Edit: so I'm ready to make another SSS. No chance the SSS gm event will reset Monday though right? Just on the month.

Yaari

I would gb more but that's a bad time. My wife and I are normally getting ready for bed. Not to mention its the 30% xp bonus time and I'm still trying to level my priest.

Edit: so I'm ready to make another SSS. No chance the SSS gm event will reset Monday though right? Just on the month.

I'm guessing they usually add them when a bunch of other GM events end. I'm really tempted to just do my rolls. Got 540 Rubies. But I just know I'll regret it when they add it on Monday.

Besides, last time my SSS came from the Premium ticket.

Uthred

I honestly dont really understand why they dont have GB available at all times, I assume theyre trying to cut down on the queue by having it in a set window, but that window usually overlaps with bonuses and GB is usually a lower priority for people than stuff those bonuses affect.

It tells you the date when it resets on the GM Event. Just check the thing in game and it should have the date that it expires.

Pejo

Bloodwind = WB unit. Not very good in GB (worst of 5 dracos for GB).
Greysoul = Excellent for GB/Arena but only good against one world boss (average against Hydra). Not much utility in Laby.

Honestly, D.Brightspark is pretty much what you want atm (broken/excellent in all events). So if you can, maybe hold off till your next 1-2 combines and pray you get a SSS Mage.

Blackaria is godlike in GB/Excellent in Lab but won't make that much of a difference in WB for you.

Looks like the ol' "complain about it on GAF" thing worked again. I got Spark Wizard Ann after spending rubies last night that I probably shouldn't have, but oh well. Looks like D.Brightspark it is! Going to definitely wait until tonight for that 30% discount though. I have 8 Brightspark essences, so it looks like i'll probably be buying another 8 or so essences. I think +3 is a sweet spot to aim for, starting out. She should be immediately better than normal Deathcrown in all events I used him in, other than with HP. I have a Phoenix (SS) set of orb and rod to start her off, so she'll at least get a bit of a HP boost.

Yaari

Downside to me going for Brightspark Draco is that Archer Ur retains a spot in my team. He's not bad, but he's.. ugh.. not really great.

Pejo

Downside to me going for Brightspark Draco is that Archer Ur retains a spot in my team. He's not bad, but he's.. ugh.. not really great.

Haha yea he's going to be one of my fodder, actually. I don't have much experience with him though, he was only in my party long enough to hit 100 rapport. I'm kinda sad to get rid of Ann at this point, because I want to get the Boden summoner, but I still have Belle Snow for that. Rather not lose poor Snow, but there's a ton of time between now and then to get another summoner to deify. I'm actually most bummed about turning Windlune into fodder. Her buff was pretty great in Laby/Hydra.

But you gotta have those Dracos...

KimChi

Haha yea he's going to be one of my fodder, actually. I don't have much experience with him though, he was only in my party long enough to hit 100 rapport. I'm kinda sad to get rid of Ann at this point, because I want to get the Boden summoner, but I still have Belle Snow for that. Rather not lose poor Snow, but there's a ton of time between now and then to get another summoner to deify. I'm actually most bummed about turning Windlune into fodder. Her buff was pretty great in Laby/Hydra.

But you gotta have those Dracos...

If you have Archer Ur you should keep him just for WB imo, the def debuff is really handy to have. The top ranking people in WB have him in their parties for it.

Uthred

Been trying to wipe out raids with my alt and getting very tired of people too cheap to buy even one set of scrolls, stuck on Shadowcrag (Myth), got him nearly down loads of times but all my scrolls were on cooldown and a not single one of the other cheap fuckers popped one.

Edit: Complaining on GAF does it again, hit Submit, ran it again, got it done

Yaari

Been raiding all day. Not a single SSS item. What a load of crap.

There's my GAF complaint. Lol. Glove or Boots please.

arevin01

Been trying to wipe out raids with my alt and getting very tired of people too cheap to buy even one set of scrolls, stuck on Shadowcrag (Myth), got him nearly down loads of times but all my scrolls were on cooldown and a not single one of the other cheap fuckers popped one.

Edit: Complaining on GAF does it again, hit Submit, ran it again, got it done

I had that problem with my Mage, now I carry with my Rogue, I set it on auto and only about once every 20 times do I get a fail stage. A rogue can literally carry a whole team when everybody is dead and boss still have 30% life left.

Sitting at #12 in arena currently. I think I'm safe for top 50 but I can't decide whether to press for top 10. Currently have a point differential of about 6k between myself and #10. Which i think i can overcome, but I doubt #10 and 11 would go out without a fight if they see me gaining ground.

Last week 19.5k was safe for top 10 but this week #10 is already at 21k, so I have no idea how far they're prepared to go

Decisions...

Yaari

Sitting at #12 in arena currently. I think I'm safe for top 50 but I can't decide whether to press for top 10. Currently have a point differential of about 6k between myself and #10. Which i think i can overcome, but I doubt #10 and 11 would go out without a fight if they see me gaining ground.

Last week 19.5k was safe for top 10 but this week #10 is already at 21k, so I have no idea how far they're prepared to go

Decisions...

They will start to push even harder during these last days. You better have a ton of tickets ready I think.

They will start to push even harder during these last days. You better have a ton of tickets ready I think.

I'll probably keep going anyway because I like the friend points, but yea I don't think I'm going to spend any rubies. Don't see how i can fall out of top 50 with this score but if I don't make top 10, so be it i guess.

Yaari

I'll probably keep going anyway because I like the friend points, but yea I don't think I'm going to spend any rubies. Don't see how i can fall out of top 50 with this score but if I don't make top 10, so be it i guess.

Yeah if you are that high to top 10 now, you'll definitely get that top 50. It's not too competitive.

I wouldn't go too crazy with the top 10 though. You probably better off going another week of top 50 instead.

I gave up on farming for an ASPD accesory. I finally got one after wha must have been 100~ shoes, and it had shitty stats again. All the while I could be farming for Essences and getting quicker exp in S2 map. I'll get back there sometime. Or maybe the next maps will introduce a better accesory method.

Yeah if you are that high to top 10 now, you'll definitely get that top 50. It's not too competitive.

I wouldn't go too crazy with the top 10 though. You probably better off going another week of top 50 instead.

I gave up on farming for an ASPD accesory. I finally got one after wha must have been 100~ shoes, and it had shitty stats again. All the while I could be farming for Essences and getting quicker exp in S2 map. I'll get back there sometime. Or maybe the next maps will introduce a better accesory method.

Agree I spent some time there leveling priest and eventually went back to fog region. Total i got 6 of the earrings, and not a single one had more than 2 dps stats. I know it can roll 3+ dps stats because I've seen one, but I'd definitely rather be farming essences.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
i really regret getting draco deathcrown. hes just so useless in GB for this meta when facing against draco brightspark/blackaria combo. Doesn't really help with WB. I can't believe it will take me 2 months to get another draco

wapplew

Forget spending rubies on ticket, just use your lollipop instead, get that top 10!

Forget spending rubies on ticket, just use your lollipop instead, get that top 10!

Well the other problem is that I don't have many lollipops and there's only about 2 people left I can still beat consistently, and about 3 people left I can beat at all. I expect all 3 of those people to get bumped down within the next 24 hours, so I'll probably cap out around 17.5k.

It's not the end of the world though.

Yaari

Well the other problem is that I don't have many lollipops and there's only about 2 people left I can still beat consistently, and about 3 people left I can beat at all. I expect all 3 of those people to get bumped down within the next 24 hours, so I'll probably cap out around 17.5k.

It's not the end of the world though.

Ah, I forgot about that part. The horrible refreshing. It gets pretty time consuming eh.

Cybolt

For ASPD accessories, I was farming Crystal 6 over Landing Garden for the chance for essences and the earring at the same time. I haven't seen anything higher than +7 ASPD yet (wondering if anyone can confirm a higher value exists) but my priest seems to have trouble reaching 90 ASPD before Mag buff/ally buffs. Closest so far is the low 80s with 3x ASPD accs and 6/6 myth.

For ASPD accessories, I was farming Crystal 6 over Landing Garden for the chance for essences and the earring at the same time. I haven't seen anything higher than +7 ASPD yet (wondering if anyone can confirm a higher value exists) but my priest seems to have trouble reaching 90 ASPD before Mag buff/ally buffs. Closest so far is the low 80s with 3x ASPD accs and 6/6 myth.

I have ASPD 9 on a set of Landing Garden earrings, and 8 on one of the Rose of Passion brooches.

Pejo

Well I combined for my Draco Brightspark tonight, immediately got her to 60 and +2'd her with a few extra essences I bought. My initial thoughts on her is "wow, she's pretty damn good". I still need to get her some better equipment, and her HP is low compared to the rest of my party, but she is definitely a powerhouse. Kinda weird that poison penetrates her invincibility shield though, but I'm not going to complain about that. I went into a laby run, and even with no body armor, and crappy main/sub weapons, no accessory, I got further on a run from level 1 than I usually did with my full party beforehand, and that's including the fact that I only have 2 SSS helpers now, opposed to 4 before. I think as I gear her up a bit and enhance her a few more times, it was definitely a good decision to make her.

Also with that, I'm now in no hurry to create another Draco, I'll probably just keep trying to get an SSS healer to eventually make Blackaria, or just hold a bunch until the angels are out. I also think I'm not even going to think about the Dragon Busters. Now to just improve and enhance my current team and see how far it can get me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well I combined for my Draco Brightspark tonight, immediately got her to 60 and +2'd her with a few extra essences I bought. My initial thoughts on her is "wow, she's pretty damn good". I still need to get her some better equipment, and her HP is low compared to the rest of my party, but she is definitely a powerhouse. Kinda weird that poison penetrates her invincibility shield though, but I'm not going to complain about that. I went into a laby run, and even with no body armor, and crappy main/sub weapons, no accessory, I got further on a run from level 1 than I usually did with my full party beforehand, and that's including the fact that I only have 2 SSS helpers now, opposed to 4 before. I think as I gear her up a bit and enhance her a few more times, it was definitely a good decision to make her.

Also with that, I'm now in no hurry to create another Draco, I'll probably just keep trying to get an SSS healer to eventually make Blackaria, or just hold a bunch until the angels are out. I also think I'm not even going to think about the Dragon Busters. Now to just improve and enhance my current team and see how far it can get me.

Congrats. She seems awesome. Like you, I'm done making Dracos and will save my spare SSS for the next round of uber characters. I have to plan so I can make one as soon as they are released.

arevin01

I just made mine last night and got her to +1. With the SSS gear I gave her she currently has 19k HP.

Top Bottom