• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

I wonder is it worth waiting till the 22nd to see if they renew the 3 allys for a SSS GM event, its so hard to hold off on SSS combines though, dat gambling urge, daddy needs a new healer!

I never wait for those. I always have enough time to make a new one.

Salamande

OMG this game keeps throwing Deathcrown essences on me when I don't want to make him! Last 3 were his. I'm up to 13 now and 5 or less of everyone else.

No kidding. I'm at +6 with Blackaria, but I keep getting DC or BS essences. Luckily, she's good where she is, but I'd like to max her out sometime.

I somehow found myself with an invite into a top 10 GB guild, which is sweet. That should be a nice boost in rubies per week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't pulled an SS or an SSS yet after dozens and dozens and dozens of pulls. Pretty sure I never will but I will live vicariously through you :)

commish

You kinda have to keep playing until the end. That's what others do unless you have thousands of points of cushion.

Have to quote my own post. I went to bed at .6% or so. Woke up at over 1%. *shakes fist* I thought 7500 would have been enough. Oh well. The amount of effort between 1% and 5% is just not worth it.

Yaari

13 Greysoul Essences and I probably won't ever make the character. Sigh.

My SS is +6 and on 31%. I failed like 10+ C's now. Jeez.
I want my SSS already. I'd put a A into it if I had one, I don't.

haha are you serious?! I finished with 7,434. Too funny.

I might be off by +/- 20 points because due to floating point error I can only be sure that 1% was either rank 163, 164, or 165 but not the exact one. In any case, yea you were pretty close :(

I managed to get top 50 this week, which is nice because I finally get the title. I actually didn't use 1 single ruby for refreshing tickets, but I did hoard tickets all of the prior week. This means all of the rewards for using 30 tickets in raids, all of the happy hour bonus rewards, and even the 100 from that event that you collect through the GM Event page, I just held on to. Ended up with 17k points which got me to rank 13. Rank 10 would have required 36k points, lol.

commish

I might be off by +/- 20 points because due to floating point error I can only be sure that 1% was either rank 163, 164, or 165 but not the exact one. In any case, yea you were pretty close :(

What's funny is that I was actually up at 2 am and I think it resets at 3. I didn't bother to play any more because I just didn't think it would reach that high a floor for 1%. It's just 40 gems BUT STILL. I'll probably just spend more tickets on GB and less on arena.

Congrats on top 50! Maybe I'll try for that.

arevin01

I managed to get top 50 this week, which is nice because I finally get the title. I actually didn't use 1 single ruby for refreshing tickets, but I did hoard tickets all of the prior week. This means all of the rewards for using 30 tickets in raids, all of the happy hour bonus rewards, and even the 100 from that event that you collect through the GM Event page, I just held on to. Ended up with 17k points which got me to rank 13. Rank 10 would have required 36k points, lol.

What's your current team? It must be good.

Chaos17

I am in the process to make fodders for Blackaria so today I combined a SSS and I got Caberra. My heart is torn to keep her for arena or not. I don't have any problem to be in the 5% arena though...

But I know she is good for pvp...*heartbreaking*

It's ok, but it's not that good. It was:

Rogue
Turq+ULTIMATE
Gram+MAX
Deathcrown+MAX
Bloodwind+MAX

and my helper was Mercedes+MAX

The trick was to start early, immediately after reset. When you get ahead of the pack early, it's much easier to pick and choose opponents you can beat. By the end there were only about 1-2 people I could beat, but refreshing didn't really get hard and annoying until probably Saturday.

Uthred

I dont think you need an amazing team, you just need a lot, a lot a lot, of tickets. I hit top 50 (think I finished dead on 25) last week on my DoD Rogue with Turq (MAX), Patta (MAX), RanRan (MAX+4) and Azur (MAX). But it took ~900 tickets (you could probably get by with a few less as I made some sloppy mistakes while tired which killed my +20 bonus). It also takes more time as you'll quickly enough get to a point where you can only reliably beat a handful of teams (and then one of that handful will get lucky, ah the rage ;) )

Chaos17

Welp, like someone said some page ago, next update will probably won't have the first wave of angels... *hype deflated* Reason is that first wave of angel was realsed with demons lair while next new area is orc lair.

Here a quick compile of what were release before first wave of angels :

Update 1 : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/360924

- Orc lair
- raise level cap 60 to 64
- balance classes (with skill reset, I know we already had one, so not sure if already got this)
- accessory event

Update 2 : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/390133

- raid boss (we will probably get it at the same time as dungeon like the previous area with Phoenix)
- new quests
- guild will gain easier more experience
- card event

Update 3 : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/439453

Formations
new cash shop costumes for players

Misc updates:

World bosses (those we already have, yeah they got them only during season 2, it seems)

- Hydra
- Golem

Class balance second patch (with reset) : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/414871

Edit : finished

Chaos17

Okay, I finished to dig the infos and I updated my previous post

My conclusion : Update 2 and 3 could be easely combined with update 1 because they don’t bring major content. So yeah, if they combine them into 1 big update (I hope so) first wave of angel should come next month with demon lair if they keep up the pace of 1 update per month.

Of course, Gamevil Global could not follow these updates and realese what they like and give us sooner angels (please!)

commish

I know they said they are trying to speed up the global version so that it eventually becomes even with the Korean version. Maybe our next update will be a giant uber update. Would be pretty sweet.

Anyone have any advice for breaking Lava Golem's 4th shield? I just can't do it. My team is:

DoD rogue
Draco Brightspark+6
Draco Bloodwind+MAX
Dark Knife Freyd+MAX
Deathcrown+MAX

Helper = Hero King Gram+MAX

I bring Gram out after the 3rd rage so that he's present during the 4th rage, and I hit Vanish+DoD about 2 seconds before the 4th rage starts, but it's still not enough.

All of these guys are decked out in very good gear. I have Captain Fulson as well (with 2 FB daggers) but I just got him so he's level 60 but not enhanced at all.

I have a 1/11/10 priest, but only level 58 and with pretty bad gear. It gives me Magnify though, so I could try it I suppose

KimChi

Anyone have any advice for breaking Lava Golem's 4th shield? I just can't do it. My team is:

DoD rogue
Draco Brightspark+6
Draco Bloodwind+MAX
Dark Knife Freyd+MAX
Deathcrown+MAX

I bring Gram out after the 3rd rage so that he's present during the 4th rage, and I hit Vanish+DoD about 2 seconds before the 4th rage starts, but it's still not enough.

All of these guys are decked out in very good gear. I have Captain Fulson as well (with 2 FB daggers) but I just got him so he's level 60 but not enhanced at all.

I have a 1/11/10 priest, but only level 58 and with pretty bad gear. It gives me Magnify though, so I could try it I suppose
Highest I was able to get today was 436k points
My party is:
Magnify Priest
Bloodwind+4
Draco Brightspark+6
Loki+Max
Aura Windlune(no enhance)
Helper= Byron+Max
I got Aura Windlune to 60 today and gave her some sub par gear mainly to have her atk speed buff, Byron is my helper since I'm lacking dps allies.
Pretty much just need single target dps allies for golem.

Replacing gram with fulson might help, it's worth trying out to see if it makes any difference imo since you have him geared.
Gear on your priest wont really matter too much, 20k hp and some atk speed accessories if you have them would suffice I think, since the priest is mainly going to heal your party with auto attack and use magnify.

commish

DoD rogue
Draco Brightspark+6
Draco Bloodwind+MAX
Dark Knife Freyd+MAX
Deathcrown+MAX

Well, for one, you need all DPS characters. Guys like Gram are a hindrance. My fifth character is a Patta so I can sympathize. Second, you need guys focused on single target and not AOE. Hydra boss is okay for AOE, but in order to do max damage to Golem, single target is best.

Because of these things, I know my potential is pretty much capped at 675,000 or so until I get better guys. My team is DoD Rogue, Belle Snow, Bloodwind, Loki and Azur with a Patta helper. I have some potentially good boss helpers in Un, Windlune, Pearla and Karang, but I just see them as fodder rather than someone to level up. Maybe I should.

arevin01

I can break his 4th shield but not fast enough as he still rages. Best I got is 514k with a sub par team.

DoD rogue
Bright spark +1
Whay max
Deathcrown max
Toori

Tried with my magnify priest but allies aren't good enough for it to work.

Well, for one, you need all DPS characters. Guys like Gram are a hindrance. My fifth character is a Patta so I can sympathize. Second, you need guys focused on single target and not AOE. Hydra boss is okay for AOE, but in order to do max damage to Golem, single target is best.

Because of these things, I know my potential is pretty much capped at 675,000 or so until I get better guys. My team is DoD Rogue, Belle Snow, Bloodwind, Loki and Azur with a Patta helper. I have some potentially good boss helpers in Un, Windlune, Pearla and Karang, but I just see them as fodder rather than someone to level up. Maybe I should.

Put Fulson in and somehow I got 722k. I don't really feel like it went that much differently and I'm pretty sure I still didn't break the 4th shield (he winced back at the same instant I saw him make the animation that he was raging). But for some reason after he raged he waited about 10 seconds before doing anything, and I guess that was enough time for me to rack up some points.

I doubt this will be enough to get me to 1%, but unfortunately I don't watch World Boss score trends as much as Arena, so i don't know what a typical 1% score looks like.

commish

Put Fulson in and somehow I got 722k. I don't really feel like it went that much differently and I'm pretty sure I still didn't break the 4th shield (he winced back at the same instant I saw him make the animation that he was raging). But for some reason after he raged he waited about 10 seconds before doing anything, and I guess that was enough time for me to rack up some points.

I doubt this will be enough to get me to 1%, but unfortunately I don't watch World Boss score trends as much as Arena, so i don't know what a typical 1% score looks like.

I honestly have some runs that leave my head scratching. Like, the yellow shield will go up and then down a second later but i'll still wipe. Or I'll get the warning message but halfway through the yellow shield. Dunno what's up.

Just pulled an SS Dark Curse from Premium Summon on what was literally the last pull I could do (not enough rubies after that). Definitely made my day, especially since progress slowed to a crawl after getting Draco Brightspark since I had to spend all my good units enhancing her, and even use a bunch of my A's to get more S's to enhance her.

Chaos17

Dragon Blaze Live Stream Chapter 2-2 Patch Preview - 08/21/15 5:00PM PDT

oM609D1.png

Greetings Bodens,

Join us live this Friday, 08/21/15 5:00PM PDT for a preview of the upcoming Dragon Blaze: Chapter 2-2 update!

www.Twitch.tv/GAMEVIL_USA

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...21-15-5-00PM-PDT&p=773924&posted=1#post773924

Yaari

I like the level cap increase. Hopefully the new zone has better B rate for allies again.

Damn I have to wait til saturday for the ally enhance cost decrase for my Draco BS. Boo!!!

Pejo

So fellow D.Brightspark owners, can we talk for a minute?

What's up with her Hellraiser skill hitting weaker than both her AoE Skill (1000%+ vs 380%) and D. Deathcrown's single target 800~% skill? Is it glitched or do I understand damage calculations wrong? Am I maybe looking at the wrong number? does it pop up before the animation or something?

KimChi

So fellow D.Brightspark owners, can we talk for a minute?

What's up with her Hellraiser skill hitting weaker than both her AoE Skill (1000%+ vs 380%) and D. Deathcrown's single target 800~% skill? Is it glitched or do I understand damage calculations wrong? Am I maybe looking at the wrong number? does it pop up before the animation or something?

Hellraiser is a single target skill that hits more than 1 time, I didn't see clearly but it looks like it hits 4 times hence the weaker damager when compared to her aoe.
It looks really weak when Draco Brightspark isn't properly geared, but if you can get her crit damage and crit chance up it can be pretty deadly. Highest I've ever seen hellraiser do was 40-60k critsx3 on a monster in chapter 2.

Pejo

Hellraiser is a single target skill that hits more than 1 time, I didn't see clearly but it looks like it hits 4 times hence the weaker damager when compared to her aoe.
It looks really weak when Draco Brightspark isn't properly geared, but if you can get her crit damage and crit chance up it can be pretty deadly. Highest I've ever seen hellraiser do was 40-60k critsx3 on a monster in chapter 2.

Ah, that makes sense then. It's really hard to tell exactly what is causing which number's damage in this game. I wish we had a 1 vs. practice dummy option to just test out skills, doubly so once we get skill enhancing abilities for allies. Thanks for the explanation.

Sciel

What are your teams for current content?

Labby (Top 1%) /Arena (Top 1%) <- don't even bother tbh, mostly comes from farming for FP.

Mag Priest
Gram Max+4
Blackaria MAX
DBS MAX+3
Bloodwind Max+2

WB (Golem: 910k (Top 1%), Hydra: 1.9m (Top 1%)

Mag Priest
Loki Max+2
DBS Max+3
Bloodwind Max+2
Toori+4 (YES +4)

Helper: Ann+2 (YES +2).

The secret to getting a consistently good score with world bosses is....Toori. Her def down buff stacks with Bloodwind's buff and helps immensely. Of course your main allies need GOOD (even my toori has 50+98% crit and 40% total crit rate) gear.

Even on Hydra, you do need good single target DPS to rack up the points; This is since while allies with AOE skills will hit all targets, they never hit as hard and have longer C/Ds compared to single target (not to mention they have terrible attack speeds)

ps: helper is pretty shit tbh since she her gear has badly rolled stats. But else i need to use lolgram for WB.

Chaos17

Damn I have to wait til saturday for the ally enhance cost decrase for my Draco BS. Boo!!!
My new routine at the moment in Dragon Blaze is to enchance A to make S so when sunday come I have many S to get a chance to enchance my Draco Brightspart. I am keeping my rubies to buy essences since I don't drop many :(

When Brightspark will be maxed, I will begin again to make SS from S then combine them to make SSS to get fodders for Porin.

Top Bottom