• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Rurunaki

My new routine at the moment in Dragon Blaze is to enchance A to make S so when sunday come I have many S to get a chance to enchance my Draco Brightspart. I am keeping my rubies to buy essences since I don't drop many :(

When Brightspark will be maxed, I will begin again to make SS from S then combine them to make SSS to get fodders for Porin.

The lack of 10+2 premium ally event has stalled my progress so much..

Yaari

My biggest regret is making Draco Deathcrown. I really don't like him. I could not have known I was going to get Gram, but still. Wish I would've went for Bloodwind instead.

Otheradam

My biggest regret is making Draco Deathcrown. I really don't like him. I could not have known I was going to get Gram, but still. Wish I would've went for Bloodwind instead.

Ha, the grass is always greener. I made Bloodwind first and kind of wish I had made Blackaria first.

Pejo

Yea I have no idea what I was thinking, making Draco DC first. It's nice to have a taunt tank I guess, but I feel he's the least vital member of my team, and that sucks because I feel I'd have been better off with Bloodwind. Of course I've wanted Blackaria from the start, but I have yet to get any SSS healer. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20.

garath

I'm still trying to decide on my first draco. I have enough SSS fodder to ultimate one SSS unit.

I have 5 essences and a maxed SSS unit ready for both brightspark and bloodwind. I just got a brand new SSS healer and only have 1 essence for blackaria.

My deficiency in world battle and labyrinth says make brightspark or bloodwind first but blackaria despite taking far more resources to make might be the better long term choice.

Opinion request time :)

I'm now sitting with several SSS units (some decent ones, too), and I'm working towards my first Draco.

Mercedes - MAX
Windlune - MAX+3 (on her way to Bloodwind)
Ackard - MAX
Tiel - MAX (waiting for angels, I guess)
Turq - MAX
Freya - MAX
Karang - +2

Getting more SSS units to bump Windlune to Ultimate is taking a LONG time. Should I sacrifice my Karang and maybe my Freya (not part of my main group, but I use Karang in WB, and both in Laby)? I'm close to getting one more SSS (depending on RNG on enhances), but it could still be a few more days.

Thoughts?

KimChi

I'm still trying to decide on my first draco. I have enough SSS fodder to ultimate one SSS unit.

I have 5 essences and a maxed SSS unit ready for both brightspark and bloodwind. I just got a brand new SSS healer and only have 1 essence for blackaria.

My deficiency in world battle and labyrinth says make brightspark or bloodwind first but blackaria despite taking far more resources to make might be the better long term choice.
Blah I'm still waiting on a darn SSS healer, sitting on 18 blackaria essence T_T

Go with Draco Brightspark first, she will be more helpful in world boss than blackaria. Labyrinth can't be helped unless you roll a taunt warrior or sheep mage and have a tank with invulnerability.
After Brightspark go for Bloodwind or Blackaria. Decide on that during your essence farm on your 2nd character or just make Bloodwind after and Blackaria last.

I'm now sitting with several SSS units (some decent ones, too), and I'm working towards my first Draco.

Mercedes - MAX
Ackard - MAX
Turq - MAX
Freya - MAX
Karang - +2

Getting more SSS units to bump Windlune to Ultimate is taking a LONG time. Should I sacrifice my Karang and maybe my Freya (not part of my main group, but I use Karang in WB, and both in Laby)? I'm close to getting one more SSS (depending on RNG on enhances), but it could still be a few more days.

Thoughts?
Wait on the next SSS combine, the enhance discount isn't until the weekend anyway unless you want to waste more gold on limit break.
I would sacrifice Karang and Freya. If you do decide to sacrifice Freya then rebirth her since she is already Max and will be fed to limit break anyways, you might get lucky with the rebirth.

Yaari

I'm 300k away from Brightspark Draco. I didn't want to wait for Saturday. 12 Essences. Probably won't be as efficient as my ULT Turq. But I just want her ASAP.

I have a CRIT and ASPD ring. But not sure if ASPD does much for Brightspark.

Pejo

Mercedes - MAX
Ackard - MAX
Turq - MAX
Freya - MAX
Karang - +2

Thoughts?

Everyone better at this game than me will probably tell you to wait to deify, and that Windlune is a great ally to keep around for WB due to attack speed buff, so I'll let them take care of that.

My personal opinion is deify as soon as you can because Draco units are shiny and fun, but you probably want to make sure you have enough S fodder/essences or rubies to buy both to get Bloodwind to at least +3 +4 or you're really going to feel the hurt of losing your SSS units and a MAX+Windlune, most definitely in Laby. Also, even though I'm crazy, I probably would never used a MAX unit as fodder until i'm swimming in them.

ChrisG683

What are your teams for current content?

Labby (Top 1%) /Arena (Top 1%) <- don't even bother tbh, mostly comes from farming for FP.

Mag Priest
Gram Max+4
Blackaria MAX
DBS MAX+3
Bloodwind Max+2

WB (Golem: 910k (Top 1%), Hydra: 1.9m (Top 1%)

Mag Priest
Loki Max+2
DBS Max+3
Bloodwind Max+2
Toori+4 (YES +4)

Helper: Ann+2 (YES +2).

The secret to getting a consistently good score with world bosses is....Toori. Her def down buff stacks with Bloodwind's buff and helps immensely. Of course your main allies need GOOD (even my toori has 50+98% crit and 40% total crit rate) gear.

Even on Hydra, you do need good single target DPS to rack up the points; This is since while allies with AOE skills will hit all targets, they never hit as hard and have longer C/Ds compared to single target (not to mention they have terrible attack speeds)

ps: helper is pretty shit tbh since she her gear has badly rolled stats. But else i need to use lolgram for WB.

I don't have Toori, but I actually happen to have Misty at the moment. I was planning to use her to make a SSS, but should I keep her instead? I also have Otehr who does more damage than Misty, but she doesn't have the -DEF debuff, and honestly I don't really use her anymore, she's only used for labyrinth.

Chaos17

I don't understand how sheep mage work.
When it was me and my friend sheep mage, his sheep skill wasn't working most of the time.

But today we met a mage 4 time in GB and she was able to sheep us all the time!
Yeah, 4 times in a row!!
Thank the heaven my 63% immunty saved us twice and I was able to dispel my friend (rerolled rogue). We managed to beat them 3 times because their only dps was normal Brightspark max+4

But damn that sheep pissed me off.

garath

Mercedes - MAX
Ackard - MAX
Turq - MAX
Freya - MAX
Karang - +2

Thoughts?

I'd definitely use karang as fodder. As kimchi says, rebirth Freya first just to see if you get something great before using her as fodder too. I made the same decision to use some of my tier 1/2 SSS as fodder for that first draco. I'm actually going to sac my own windlune as fodder heh. Managed to get enough SSS to save my Loki though.

Blah I'm still waiting on a darn SSS healer, sitting on 18 blackaria essence T_T

Go with Draco Brightspark first, she will be more helpful in world boss than blackaria. Labyrinth can't be helped unless you roll a taunt warrior or sheep mage and have a tank with invulnerability.
After Brightspark go for Bloodwind or Blackaria. Decide on that during your essence farm on your 2nd character or just make Bloodwind after and Blackaria last.

I got the best healer to defiy - mer. Lol. Good thoughts. Brightspark will have a more immediate impact in my party. Blackaria should probably be second. I finally got my priest to 55 last night so I'll be productively farming essences now. I have 2.8mil gold so pretty much ready. I wish I could stay up to midnight to get the cost decrease on Sat night but with a 1 year old that wakes up at 5am that's just not possible.

Yaari

I just said F it and did the upgrades without the bonus. By the time I get another 5 SSS for my next Draco, I'll probably have 10 mil. That's like a 4 weeks away.

arevin01

I didnt get a SSS healer other than RanRan for 2 months and now I get Shabelle(last week) and Mercedes back to back. I'm now tempted to make deify Mercedes but I rather have Bloodwind for WB.

Tgo3qHc.jpg

I'd definitely use karang as fodder. As kimchi says, rebirth Freya first just to see if you get something great before using her as fodder too. I made the same decision to use some of my tier 1/2 SSS as fodder for that first draco. I'm actually going to sac my own windlune as fodder heh. Managed to get enough SSS to save my Loki though.

Thanks for the feedback (and thanks to KimChi and Pejo too!) - very helpful (and waiting for the weekend discount will save me hundreds of thousands of gold probably as well :)

Barely even thought of rebirthing my Freya, but hell, maybe I'll finally get a Byron or Gram to have a real tank for Laby!

I'm not sure if this will be enough to keep me in top 50. At the moment I'm 47, but dammmmn. Can't believe I did this good, beat my previous record by over 100k points.

Edit: Oh god, the rankings just updated and I'm exactly rank 50. RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEE

ChrisG683

Got any tips for getting past Floor 30? I can beat 29 by spamming resurrection scrolls, but on 30 my entire team pretty much gets AoE 1-shot, even my 7.3k DEF Warrior main.

Got any tips for getting past Floor 30? I can beat 29 by spamming resurrection scrolls, but on 30 my entire team pretty much gets AoE 1-shot, even my 7.3k DEF Warrior main.

Depends a lot on your allies. You need both heavy AoE damage and heavy AoE stuns. Gram is good at AoE stun and i have Brightspark and Bloodwind for AoE damage. Even with all of that though, you still need luck. I still frequently wipe on 30 even with this team. But the times where I pass it it's always the same:

1) Gram opens with stun
2) all of the AoE abilities go off at the same time
3) everyone except Gram and Cauchy wipe when they recover from stun
4) Gram and Cauchy stay alive until everyone's cooldowns are up
5) I wait to see Gram get a successful AoE stun off, and then hit a revive scroll.

Repeat this until I pass 30 or wipe. Best I've done is getting to 31 with only a single scroll used. But like I said, I still wipe on 30 about 60% of the time.

Also if you're spamming revive scrolls on 29 you probably just can't beat 30 reliably until you get better allies and better gear. I still take an occasional death on 29 but most of the time I get to 30 with all 3 stacks of revive scrolls full. That's one of the reasons I bring Ranran actually. When one of my guys dies prior to 30 I'll pop Ranran for a free single target revive.

Reading is fundamental. I thought the reward for the lollipops were ally summons, not skill cards or whatever.

I turned in my 20 orange lollipops thinking I was going to get a new SS ally and was like "wtf is this thing!?". I've never had a skill card before.

>_>

T_T

Sciel

I don't have Toori, but I actually happen to have Misty at the moment. I was planning to use her to make a SSS, but should I keep her instead? I also have Otehr who does more damage than Misty, but she doesn't have the -DEF debuff, and honestly I don't really use her anymore, she's only used for labyrinth.
What is your current team?
Misty has similar debuff to Toori but SS ranks tend to have substantially lower stats than their SSS rank counterparts. Depending on what you are aiming for, It might not be worth the time gearing her up.

ChrisG683

Depends a lot on your allies. You need both heavy AoE damage and heavy AoE stuns. Gram is good at AoE stun and i have Brightspark and Bloodwind for AoE damage. Even with all of that though, you still need luck. I still frequently wipe on 30 even with this team. But the times where I pass it it's always the same:

1) Gram opens with stun
2) all of the AoE abilities go off at the same time
3) everyone except Gram and Cauchy wipe when they recover from stun
4) Gram and Cauchy stay alive until everyone's cooldowns are up
5) I wait to see Gram get a successful AoE stun off, and then hit a revive scroll.

Repeat this until I pass 30 or wipe. Best I've done is getting to 31 with only a single scroll used. But like I said, I still wipe on 30 about 60% of the time.

Also if you're spamming revive scrolls on 29 you probably just can't beat 30 reliably until you get better allies and better gear. I still take an occasional death on 29 but most of the time I get to 30 with all 3 stacks of revive scrolls full. That's one of the reasons I bring Ranran actually. When one of my guys dies prior to 30 I'll pop Ranran for a free single target revive.

Ahh ok, yeah I've got some decent SSS heroes, but no real disables. Do you start from Floor 1 or 25? I'm guessing 25 for the 100k point boost, but just wanted to confirm since it sounds like you can chew through a lot of tickets.

What is your current team?
Misty has similar debuff to Toori but SS ranks tend to have substantially lower stats than their SSS rank counterparts. Depending on what you are aiming for, It might not be worth the time gearing her up.

Warrior Main (Rage Rush, 7k DEF)
[SSS] Ranger Kay MAX+2 (Going for Bloodwind)
[SSS] Brightspark +MAX
[SSS] Flame Wizard Whay +MAX
[SSS] Captain Shabelle +MAX

on deck (no particular order)
[SSS] Dark Swordsman Pagu
[SS] Priest Viri +MAX
[SS] Fire Wizard Koni +MAX
[SS] Dark Knife Otehr +MAX
[SS] Hunter Misty +4
Priest Ranran MAX +2

I have AoE DPS and Priests out the ass, but no real crowd control or single target DPS (Even had a duplicate Shabelle that I used as a feeder. Prob shoulda kept her for Blackaria). I guess I also need to start leveling a Rogue for better World Boss scores.

Sciel

Ahh ok, yeah I've got some decent SSS heroes, but no real disables. Do you start from Floor 1 or 25? I'm guessing 25 for the 100k point boost, but just wanted to confirm since it sounds like you can chew through a lot of tickets.

[SSS] Brightspark +MAX

[SS] Priest Viri +MAX
[SS] Hunter Misty +4
Priest Ranran MAX +2

I have AoE DPS and Priests out the ass, but no real crowd control or single target DPS (Even had a duplicate Shabelle that I used as a feeder. Prob shoulda kept her for Blackaria). I guess I also need to start leveling a Rogue for better World Boss scores.

Yeah...i doubt she will make a big difference for you. Its probably better off leveling a rogue for better scores yup.

[SSS] Brightspark +MAX

[SS] Priest Viri +MAX
[SS] Hunter Misty +4
Priest Ranran MAX +2

Yea you have to start from 25 when you're going for points.

Yaari

Managed to get Brightspark Draco. Only +0 but I made 522k on Hydra.
Pretty much wasted 2 Essences trying to upgrade unfortunately.

Won't be buying any because I am getting really short on S's now too. Hopefully I'll have some drops during the next few days.

Chaos17

Essence drops are in a low time low for me.. looks like I have to buy them.. making the cost for upgrading Dracos double :(

I feel you! I've to buy essences for my Brightspark at the moment.
I hope they will combine as soon as possible those essences into same one -.-'

garath

Essence drops are in a low time low for me.. looks like I have to buy them.. making the cost for upgrading Dracos double :(

Yeah. I used about 60 shoes with my priest last night during the improved dungeon drop window and no essences. I have around 550 rubies which I was hoping would net me another SSS and maybe get my Loki a few enhancements but I may have to spend some on essences to make brightspark. I have everything else at this point. Except maybe 300k short in gold or something.

Yaari

I got 1200 Rubies now. Quite a lot haha.
Not sure if I will use them all for pulls or buy some Essences too. But since I'll probably need to spend some time getting all my characters to level 64 when the time is here, I probably won't

Last thing I want to do is ending up selling them because I have no use for them anymore.

Salamande

Had to go ahead and buy my last 2 essences to max out my Blackaria. Trying for a week, I never saw any in the missions - though I did get a few Brightsparks. Just unlucky, I guess.

vato_loco

Best chance is end of the month :( but you never know. They might drop it on us randomly.
Here's to hope. End of the month finishes the "Get an SSS Ally" reward, which gives a not too shabby 100 rubies and a rather shabby S ally. Still debating whether it's worth waiting for the 10+2 or just go with that one.

Pejo

Here's to hope. End of the month finishes the "Get an SSS Ally" reward, which gives a not too shabby 100 rubies and a rather shabby S ally. Still debating whether it's worth waiting for the 10+2 or just go with that one.

I might just be confused about what you're saying here, but there's no reason to wait on creating the SSS ally. It's in no way related to the 10+2 pull.

I guess if you mean you need to pull allies to create your SSS, then I get it, but if you need to pull less than 100 rubies worth of allies you'll be ahead either way.

vato_loco

I might just be confused about what you're saying here, but there's no reason to wait on creating the SSS ally. It's in no way related to the 10+2 pull.

I guess if you mean you need to pull allies to create your SSS, then I get it, but if you need to pull less than 100 rubies worth of allies you'll be ahead either way.
You're correct, I need to pull some allies to get the second SS to MAX, and since I'm just starting, I'll need at least seven or eight A's to pull that off, which comes at much more than 100 rubies. Hence my indecision.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If Angels aren't announced as part of the next update, then I am going to make a Brightspark Draco. My arena win streak of 95 was just obliterated by a +2 brightspark somehow. Ouch.

Yaari

I like my Brightspark quite a bit so far. Turq was alright but she was partially support with her sheep. And Brightspark is just dishing out insane damage.

I might buy her an extra ring slot if I can get my hands on another aspd/crit ring. I want her to get above the 50% crit rate.

garath

You people with your brightspark are making me want to use the rubies to get the missing essences and make mine right now :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You people with your brightspark are making me want to use the rubies to get the missing essences and make mine right now :(

I broke down and bought the essences for my bloodwind because they weren't falling.

Now I sit with a Max Bloodwind and 10 Bloodwind essences in my bank. *shakes fist* I equate 30 rubies with an A rank fodder, so I guess it's not so much to use them for making a draco. I just wish they would hurry and implement the change that makes it all 1 currency.

garath

I broke down and bought the essences for my bloodwind because they weren't falling.

Now I sit with a Max Bloodwind and 10 Bloodwind essences in my bank. *shakes fist* I equate 30 rubies with an A rank fodder, so I guess it's not so much to use them for making a draco. I just wish they would hurry and implement the change that makes it all 1 currency.

Yeah. If they did I'd be in good shape. I have 7 deathcrown, 5 bloodwind and brightspark and 1 blackaria. All together I'd have a nicely enhanced brightspark.

arevin01

What makes Draco BS even more OP is she's essentially her own healer. That life steal ability makes her go low life to full life in a blink of an eye.

Goroh

Is there a EU guild here on gaf? I'm searching for one where you can actually do gb since i'm drowning in tickets and my old one had nearly no active players in those hours.

Ran Hydra 10 times, h ighest score I could muster was 875k, and that is with Draco Brightspark+6 *and* Draco Bloodwind+MAX

Really don't know how people get these crazy ass scores like 2.9 million.

arevin01

Ran Hydra 10 times, h ighest score I could muster was 875k, and that is with Draco Brightspark+6 *and* Draco Bloodwind+MAX

That score seems low when I get 614k with only DBS+1 and no bloodwind.

niosh

Banned

Priest magnify + Belle Snow's buff makes a huge difference on Hydra.

Top Bottom