• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

garath

Yesssss. Combined for my 4th SS - AoE healer with debuff removal and revive! Niiiice.

That will help quite a bit.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I got my first SS through combining today. A dual wield DPS warrior. Do not want. :/ I haven't gotten a single priest over B rank. I hate rng.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got my first SS through combining today. A dual wield DPS warrior. Do not want. :/ I haven't gotten a single priest over B rank. I hate rng.

i think there is one of the dual wield DPS warriors that is pretty damn awesome. It has AOE attacks. If it is a single target AOE dps, then use to for future SSS combines.

Sword Familiar

i think there is one of the dual wield DPS warriors that is pretty damn awesome. It has AOE attacks. If it is a single target AOE dps, then use to for future SSS combines.

Mine has the AoE, but the damage is pretty low (something like 228%). Single target with stun or something is more useful imo. Does have a decent passive skill that gives the whole party +13% base ATK though, so that's ok, I guess. Commander Urk, if you want to know.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Mine has the AoE, but the damage is pretty low (something like 228%). Single target with stun or something is more useful imo. Does have a decent passive skill that gives the whole party +13% base ATK though, so that's ok, I guess. Commander Urk, if you want to know.

That sounds like a pretty good SS unit to me. My SS Mage AOE is only 288%, she doesn't buff the party, and she is squishy.

That guy would hold a spot on my team.

Sword Familiar

That guy would hold a spot on my team.

Well, he'll hold a spot whether I like it or not. I'll know how good he is once I get him some decent equipment. I'm just worried about his survivability since he doesn't have a shield. Won't deal much damage if he's dead.

Dont Sleep on Commander Urk

He can hold Two Longswords and has an Attack buff?

Great character to stack up equips on, especially SS equips with a good set bonus

That 228% AoE could potentially put up big numbers with the right gear boosting the base attack

Just started playing this last night, and man it's kind of overwhelming with all the buttons and menus and stuff. I still don't understand half of what's going on.

Is there anything I should be focusing on this early on? I got some S class warrior from my mailbox, but no idea how it got there.

Just started playing this last night, and man it's kind of overwhelming with all the buttons and menus and stuff. I still don't understand half of what's going on.

Is there anything I should be focusing on this early on? I got some S class warrior from my mailbox, but no idea how it got there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/36x74l/dragonblaze_faq/

Pretty Good Starter guide from Reddit

WHoa and even better set of guides are here wow

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-complete-walkthrough-guide/

Sword Familiar

Dont Sleep on Commander Urk

He can hold Two Longswords and has an Attack buff?

Great character to stack up equips on, especially SS equips with a good set bonus

That 228% AoE could potentially put up big numbers with the right gear boosting the base attack

Yeah, I might be whining for nothing. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

garath

I have a Commander Urk SS. I may throw him back in and see what happens. Not sure if I'd replace my Archer SS or Mage SS though. Have to keep the taunt tank (S boo) and my healer.

I have a Commander Urk SS. I may throw him back in and see what happens. Not sure if I'd replace my Archer SS or Mage SS though. Have to keep the taunt tank (S boo) and my healer.

I have the SS DArk Lance

He's a damn solid tank. Has AoE Defense Buff and AoE Attack Debuff.

Not too shabby

garath

God damn. This red priest is amazing. I just broke 20k points in the labyrinth without breaking a sweat.

Hopefully I can complete hero. Between the red priest and my S rank tank which I just hit MAX enhance on, I should have a solid team. Might even pull my S rank healer out too. Double revive, double AoE heal.

draw4wild

Another SS combine with a garbage result. The fact that there's 21 dps, 6 tanks, and 5 healers at the SS level and combines are random means I can play forever and never see a healer above S rank

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Another SS combine with a garbage result. The fact that there's 21 dps, 6 tanks, and 5 healers at the SS level and combines are random means I can play forever and never see a healer above S rank

There are S rank healers better than SS. I have an SS healer but my S rank aoe+revive healer is way better.

If you truly have the worst luck with healers then roll a healer main and then you will have a pretty good team.

draw4wild

Yeah I love my Priest Ranran but just annoying when you get someone you probably wont even use until you start doing SSS combines. I have 2 AE disables now (dark curse and hunter misty) so it might be pretty sweet.

I think I'm going to try to make the push to finish hard instead of farming for accessories/gear. Im not stuck at the moment but I'm wasting shows farming the final Quenn Caberra stage instead of progressing. They'll be plenty of time to farm on legend

garath

Yeah I love my Priest Ranran but just annoying when you get someone you probably wont even use until you start doing SSS combines. I have 2 AE disables now (dark curse and hunter misty) so it might be pretty sweet.

I think I'm going to try to make the push to finish hard instead of farming for accessories/gear. Im not stuck at the moment but I'm wasting shows farming the final Quenn Caberra stage instead of progressing. They'll be plenty of time to farm on legend

Exactly. I'm trying to push through hero. It's a little slower now. I'm struggling a but in the castle as my char is only level 40 so I'm grinding deserted tower final stage a bit. It's easy and the multiple boss waves give a lot of xp.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Pushing to legend is extremely important. I would do that ASAP and plan to have it done by 40-42. In legend you can get upwards of 150k exp from a normal level. Grinding levels in Hero is way too inefficient with the exp needed to level after 40.

It is also much easier to farm accessories and end-game equipment through raids.

johnsmith

remember me
Should I buy a costume/cape/weapon for my hunter and if so which one? Looks like the ruby weapons aren't worth it and I should save up for the arena one.

Ventara

Just hit the Gear on the top right at the main screen, should see HIVE ID and Account Nickname (I logged in the game through my google account so it might differ if you logged a different way.)

Thanks a lot!

Anyways, if there is an open spot in a Guild amongst you guys, please send me an invite.

Account: Ventara
Character: Ventarina

Any allies or equipment that I should keep an eye out for and not combine? I'm still pretty new, only around level 10-12. Strongest guy i have is an S warrior and A mage. I got some SS quiver from the first raid, but can't use it until level 27

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Any allies or equipment that I should keep an eye out for and not combine? I'm still pretty new, only around level 10-12. Strongest guy i have is an S warrior and A mage. I got some SS quiver from the first raid, but can't use it until level 27

Keep 2 healers with aoe heal and a tank with taunt, aoe stun, or aoe disable.

Gear gets swapped out pretty quick.

Sciel

Currently at the end of Hero Mode but haven't had any luck with AOE/Revive healers so far (and the game is really tough without one ;-;). Managed to combine and pull 3 SS Priests in a row recently ....all of which were single healers fml lol.

Current team is:

Main (Mage)
Abyss King (SS Tank)
Healer Konfi (SSS Priest)
Dark Arrow Farq (SSS DPS)
Commander Urk (SS DPS)

subs : Urk (SSS DPS)) , Tirahl (SS DPS) , Arat (SS DPS) , Tirud (SS Tank).

RalchAC

Ok. Yesterday I said I had zero problems making a Google Spreadsheet for the different users. I've taken a while but here it is. If somebody has already done one I'll delete mine.

If there is any other info you'd like to add to a column feel free to do it.

Obviously quote to see it.

Vitanimus

i've been rolling without a tank for quite a while and managed alright

team:
priest (me)
S rogue w/ skill disable
S priest w/ AoE heal
SS mage with 2 debuffs
SS warrior with AoE attack

draw4wild

Currently at the end of Hero Mode but haven't had any luck with AOE/Revive healers so far (and the game is really tough without one ;-;). Managed to combine and pull 3 SS Priests in a row recently ....all of which were single healers fml lol).

Unfortunately at the SS level, out of the 5 healers, only one has aoe heal or revive and it's the same one; plus they give her debuff removal. They really should seperate it so you have to choose if you want aoe heal or revive or run 2 healers. At least at the SSS level 2 of 4 have it

forms

"F2P"

"Stamina"

I think I'll pass, I am afraid of all games that wont let me decide when I should play them.

garath

This second to last battle in Hero is kicking my butt. Hafl the time I can't even get to the boss, let alone finish him. Best I did I got him down to 7k hp. I was so sad when that didn't work.

I'm level 41 and running:

me - Rogue
SS red priest w/ revive and heal all
S priest w/ revive and heal all
SS Dark marble mage
S Mystery king tank w/ taunt (max enhance)

Alternates that I can swap in for the mage are:

SS Commander Urk Aoe warrior
SS ranger

I've run through all my high level friends unfortunately. I don't see Wizzie on my list! Doing a new character?

In fact, I just ran it and killed the boss but a new wave popped out and the very last guy finished me off. So sad.

edit: Well the GAF rule of complaining about something worked. My very next attempt I completed it without even using a revival scroll. Of the three SS rank DPS I have, the archer has been the most effective. I tried each multiple times and the archer was leaps and bounds above the others in terms of success.

On to the last fight.

"F2P"

"Stamina"

I think I'll pass, I am afraid of all games that wont let me decide when I should play them.

Of all the "stamina" games I've ever played (which is a good amount), I can play this one almost non-stop. You have two different resources of stamina and usually by the time you finish off one, the other is filled and you get bonus stamina all over the place. It's pretty silly. I can literally play most of the day without issue.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This second to last battle in Hero is kicking my butt. Hafl the time I can't even get to the boss, let alone finish him. Best I did I got him down to 7k hp. I was so sad when that didn't work.

I'm level 41 and running:

me - Rogue
SS red priest w/ revive and heal all
S priest w/ revive and heal all
SS Dark marble mage
S Mystery king tank w/ taunt (max enhance)

Alternates that I can swap in for the mage are:

SS Commander Urk Aoe warrior
SS ranger

I've run through all my high level friends unfortunately. I don't see Wizzie on my list! Doing a new character?

In fact, I just ran it and killed the boss but a new wave popped out and the very last guy finished me off. So sad.

edit: Well the GAF rule of complaining about something worked. My very next attempt I completed it without even using a revival scroll. Of the three SS rank DPS I have, the archer has been the most effective. I tried each multiple times and the archer was leaps and bounds above the others in terms of success.

On to the last fight.

Of all the "stamina" games I've ever played (which is a good amount), I can play this one almost non-stop. You have two different resources of stamina and usually by the time you finish off one, the other is filled and you get bonus stamina all over the place. It's pretty silly. I can literally play most of the day without issue.

Add me again. Though a priest may be better for those last fights.

garath

Add me again. Though a priest may be better for those last fights.

Sent the invite. Thanks :)

edit: Wow. I just don't see how I'm going to get through this last stage of Hero. In normal, the dual healer strat was able to keep me up through the second form, then using a helper healer pushed me through the second form no issues. This time I can barely make it to the first form. I just spent 60 tickets grinding raids to enhance my whole team's equipment and I'm still struggling.

Not even sure what to do. I guess grind a little to level 42 at least.

Maybe try a single target healer as my second healer instead of two group heals. Might be better. But I'll have to gear up the healer :(

Top Bottom