• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

sensui-tomo

Remember people, tomorrow is Arena reset, so work your way to the top to get some rubies by tomorrow (by whenever there server time is based around(and at 4 am that time), I'm at 3.414%, meaning i'm getting the 5% reward of 80 rubies, title, frame and 19 coins, try to cram it all in tonight.

garath

Remember people, tomorrow is Arena reset, so work your way to the top to get some rubies by tomorrow (by whenever there server time is based around(and at 4 am that time), I'm at 3.414%, meaning i'm getting the 5% reward of 80 rubies, title, frame and 19 coins, try to cram it all in tonight.

I gave up on the arena for this week. I'm in the top 2.5% but the challengers were getting too close to my strength for comfort. I don't think I can crack the top 1% unfortunately.

Ventara

This might sound stupid, but where do I find my account name? I know my character name, but I can't remember what I named my account. Or do I need a hive account for that?

Edit: I know you all hate me, but come on, help an ass out. Pretty please?

Shadow780

Does it run sluggish at the beginning of each battle for anyone? I'm using Oneplus One and it always chugs.

Also looking for GAF friends:

nickname: Shadow780
character: TinaC

Einbroch

Banned
I stupidly claimed at 0%, so I got nothing for the week.

sensui-tomo

I stupidly claimed at 0%, so I got nothing for the week.

You cant claim yet?, its not done till tomorrow, unless you mean what you claimed for the last reset. I cant claim the lowest score, its what you have whenever they reset the sever function or whatever at 4am tuesday. Unless there is something i dont know, in which i'll wait for the time they reset, get to 50th place and claim it that instant :p
Monday = Guild reset/ Get guild rewards
Tuesday= Arena reset/ get arena rewards
Thursday= Lab reset/ get rewards
Whatever your percentage is at that 4 am (3am for mondays) that is the reward score you have, during that day the percentage resets and you work towards the next week's goal putting you at 0/not on the list.

Einbroch

Banned
You cant claim yet?, its not done till tomorrow, unless you mean what you claimed for the last reset. I cant claim the lowest score, its what you have whenever they reset the sever function or whatever at 4am tuesday. Unless there is something i dont know, in which i'll wait for the time they reset, get to 50th place and claim it that instant :p
Monday = Guild reset/ Get guild rewards
Tuesday= Arena reset/ get arena rewards
Thursday= Lab reset/ get rewards
Whatever your percentage is at that 4 am (3am for mondays) that is the reward score you have, during that day the percentage resets and you work towards the next week's goal putting you at 0/not on the list.

Oh is that how it works? I thought I claimed like 2 hours after I started playing and forgot about it.

sensui-tomo

Oh is that how it works? I thought I claimed like 2 hours after I started playing and forgot about it.

I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of this game in terms of how rewards work, like is it possible to get the reward over and over again(different weeks same score) because if this game picks up, it makes those who just try arena and lab once to make everyone else's score better if they try to win.

also a question, buy a second item slot or spend all rubies on grabs?

JigsawX

What rank squads did you guys use for last stage of Hero ? Full SS with most +3 enhanced and getting wrecked :/

Also can you farm accessories in Hero or do you need to be in legend to get them?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What rank squads did you guys use for last stage of Hero ? Full SS with most +3 enhanced and getting wrecked :/

Also can you farm accessories in Hero or do you need to be in legend to get them?

I had a max S healer and the rest SS. Only one SS unit was upgraded and it was +1.

S rank accessories can be farmed on hero mode on any desert boss stage. They only drop from the bosses and are pretty rare. In legendary you will get SSS from raids and bosses.

draw4wild

I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of this game in terms of how rewards work, like is it possible to get the reward over and over again(different weeks same score) because if this game picks up, it makes those who just try arena and lab once to make everyone else's score better if they try to win.

Yes, arena is based on however well you do that specific week. So you can be top 5% this week and get the 80 gems and 19 coins. Then next week only get top 10% and get 50 gems and 16 coins

And like you said it's based on how many people participate. Last week I was at like 10.74% when I went to bed but woke up and was 9.5% because another 2000 people registered while I was asleep

Zee-Row

Banned
I haven't even played this game yet. I just keep getting the log in rewards. I did the same thing with Monster Strike. I didn't start playing until I had 100 orbs.

JigsawX

I had a max S healer and the rest SS. Only one SS unit was upgraded and it was +1.

S rank accessories can be farmed on hero mode on any desert boss stage. They only drop from the bosses and are pretty rare. In legendary you will get SSS from raids and bosses.

Oh man I'm feeling scrubby now. Can't seem to get past him. Currently lvl 41 :(

KimChi

This might sound stupid, but where do I find my account name? I know my character name, but I can't remember what I named my account. Or do I need a hive account for that?

Edit: I know you all hate me, but come on, help an ass out. Pretty please?

Just hit the Gear on the top right at the main screen, should see HIVE ID and Account Nickname (I logged in the game through my google account so it might differ if you logged a different way.)

JigsawX

Get revive and healing scroll, don't use auto, bring high level friends.
I bring 1 tank, 3 single target dps, one mage friend.

Yea been blowing through those scrolls.

Current party is Mage (me). SS priest (Max), SS DPS warrior (+3), SS Archer (+3) and SS Tank (+3). been bringing lvl 40-43 priests so far. Somehow at the start of the fight everyone just gets AoE down hard and even with the minions cleared having trouble killing him fast enough before wave #2.

zulux21

i've been week and spent them on grabs since there is a ruby bonus if you get ss/sss.
logically this game should be played like any other gotcha game and if you want to pull for heroes wait until there is some sort of bonus to obtain heroes as it always eventually comes to get people to splurge on in game currency.

wapplew

Yea been blowing through those scrolls.

Current party is Mage (me). SS priest (Max), SS DPS warrior (+3), SS Archer (+3) and SS Tank (+3). been bringing lvl 40-43 priests so far. Somehow at the start of the fight everyone just gets AoE down hard and even with the minions cleared having trouble killing him fast enough before wave #2.

Grind level then...lol

Ok, I was able to get my request in for the guild.

Account name: VicViper

Also, to the poster who was asking, you can find your account name in the settings menu. It's on the first screen. Should we append GAF to our user names? It looks like we can change them.

Dreavus

I'm sitting at 6.XXX% right now, but I'll have to settle for that bracket I think. I keep spotting multiple SS's in opposing parties, or they're a few levels higher than me.

Where are all those parties I out-level by 6 up here? I need them to come back! D:

johnsmith

remember me
SS from friend point summon?

NQHKSVE.gif

Can't even get any Bs.

garath

I'm in the castle at Hero. I don't think I'll take down the boss at this rate. Only level 39 and two party worthy SS ranks. Ran out of A ranks to enhance with as well. Guess I'll have to pull some more. Seems like there's no way to progress in this game without rubies. Good thing they give us a decent amount.

Definitely unlock at least a second item slot. I'm thinking I'm going to unlock all of them. The scrolls are a huge help.

Combined and got an SS healer. Eztown here I come.

Damn that's awesome :) Lucky man.

I beat normal finally, feels good to go into hard mode now and find even better loot.

I was lucky and found two S rank mages of the same type so i'm going to be merging them asap.

One really good thing about this game
They give you a ridiculous amount of premium currency for free ($20 for finishing Normal Mode? Hell yes!)

It's a decent time-killer now and then, but not great. Still, it's not too shabby for what it is. I'll take whatever friend requests I can get.

Account: CandesAria
Character: ChristaVix

Also, neither of the trailer promo codes work for me.

draw4wild

I'm in the castle at Hero. I don't think I'll take down the boss at this rate. Only level 39 and two party worthy SS ranks. Ran out of A ranks to enhance with as well. Guess I'll have to pull some more. Seems like there's no way to progress in this game without rubies. Good thing they give us a decent amount.

jungle stage on hero is proving annoying for me, not hard, just annoying. The combination of unexpected lightning and confidential secrets is a war of attrition for my team. Plus I lost the random lvl 50 friend I had somehow befriended

I plan on pulling everytime I earn 255 rubies for 10 pulls, between quests and rewards it should be about every week

garath

jungle stage on hero is proving annoying for me, not hard, just annoying. The combination of unexpected lightning and confidential secrets is a war of attrition for my team. Plus I lost the random lvl 50 friend I had somehow befriended

I plan on pulling everytime I earn 255 rubies for 10 pulls, between quests and rewards it should be about every week

Yeah, hero has some weird spikes in difficulty. I was using my "A team" for awhile just to progress and some stages were still really tough.

I've been trying to keep a baseline of 300 rubies. If I get around 400-450 I'll pull a few times. I don't think there's any rate up events or anything like that but I'd like to have a little buffer just in case something pops up.

Yeah, hero has some weird spikes in difficulty. I was using my "A team" for awhile just to progress and some stages were still really tough.

I've been trying to keep a baseline of 300 rubies. If I get around 400-450 I'll pull a few times. I don't think there's any rate up events or anything like that but I'd like to have a little buffer just in case something pops up.

Ive been having an easy time with most of Hero so far outside of a few areas

Mostly when they stack AOE monsters against you. They spam all their abilities at once so you kind of need an equal and opposite force to counteract it

Either 3 tanks with stun or the AOE disabler... Something to mitigate the onslaught. Outside of that my team seems to be coasting right along

I am a bit disappointed with the Loot in Hero... Its mostly been rehashes of the endgame loot in normal. Im still using the gear I farmed form deathcrown. The Hero raids are just as stingy with SS drops as ever and the Newer Blue and Purple gear hardly stacks up to the SS stuff from Normal.

garath

Ive been having an easy time with most of Hero so far outside of a few areas

Mostly when they stack AOE monsters against you. They spam all their abilities at once so you kind of need an equal and opposite force to counteract it

Either 3 tanks with stun or the AOE disabler... Something to mitigate the onslaught. Outside of that my team seems to be coasting right along

I am a bit disappointed with the Loot in Hero... Its mostly been rehashes of the endgame loot in normal. Im still using the gear I farmed form deathcrown. The Hero raids are just as stingy with SS drops as ever and the Newer Blue and Purple gear hardly stacks up to the SS stuff from Normal.

Yeah. Loot has been so so. I didn't start raiding hero very much until Storm Tyrant. Prior to that, Deathcrown was better since it was so fast and could always SS it.

Now I've been doing Junglefury with good results though it's tough to find a group most of the time. The level 37+ SS gear is heads above the normal difficulty stuff, just have to get in a good position to start getting it.

Yeah. Loot has been so so. I didn't start raiding hero very much until Storm Tyrant. Prior to that, Deathcrown was better since it was so fast and could always SS it.

Now I've been doing Junglefury with good results though it's tough to find a group most of the time. The level 37+ SS gear is heads above the normal difficulty stuff, just have to get in a good position to start getting it.

UGH thats also the hardest raid in the game but I guess most characters will have their ultimates by then

garath

Hit level 40. Nice little chunk of rubies for that too.

Don't think I can complete hero mode today but soon I think. Gotta pull quite a bit to get another couple SS to flesh out the party.

Im still rolling with my A rank Dark Marble

Its seriously one of the best units in the game

Hellfire does 1500-3000 aoe and Tarlums energy does 4-7k on a single target

I dont have any other unit that hits that hard lol

I want to get her upgrade but I dont know if it exists. The S rank Dark Marble Lyn sucks in comparison

Top Bottom