• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Rurunaki

Yeah, unfortunaly, you've to login into their forums :x
Anyway, that video was about an archer (spe arrow shower only) running Lab on Korean version with her full team of ascended allies (helpers included). It's totally crazy.

Too bad that the forum need a login because that new video : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1133317 Show all the power of the taunter Boden and I totally understand now why he was rated on the Tier list we saw, SS.

Why he is OP in Lab ?
Because of that skill mainly : Skill 3 > Provoking enemy for 16 sec, and if not die then at the end of duration got 90% recovery.[Cooldown: 32 sec]

I was pretty astonished at the end of the second video o_o

This is what's stopping me from going all out with Dracos. Outside of Blackaria, they all become obsolete so fast.

KimChi

Gaf guild feels starvation central in terms of GB. Barely anyone is around when gb opens up. Have most of you left for greener pastures?

Going by ranking only 9 of us out of 49 in guild even do gb, I just did 80tickets worth with garath.
Such a shame really since we have some level 60 people not even participating.
Anyone remember the cutoff point for top 50 last week? I got 8200 currently and sitting at 54.
I was close to 10k points and was rank 58 last week. Feels like such a waste of time to rank top 1% so I'm just settling for 5% from now on.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is what's stopping me from going all out with Dracos. Outside of Blackaria, they all become obsolete so fast.

I know, I keep going back and forth on the dracos. They are pretty awesome now, but I know they eventually get outdated and they cost so much. But then again, we have months before some of these new uber units come.

Limit

Going by ranking only 9 of us out of 49 in guild even do gb, I just did 80tickets worth with garath.
Such a shame really since we have some level 60 people not even participating.

I was close to 10k points and was rank 58 last week. Feels like such a waste of time to rank top 1% so I'm just settling for 5% from now on.

That's unfortunate. After this week's gb calculations are done it's time to bounce out then.

Yaari

They might get outdated, but they keep the game fun for me. I'd be bored if I didn't make them.

I could stop doing anything, and by the time KR's strongest unit reaches Global, it will be outdated by something better KR has to offer.

I play F2P and I'm glad I can keep a team that remains relevant without spending anything. The only time I'll feel bad about my units is when I get more than 8 and one have to get benched even when I do Labyrinth. But thats so far away.

Also lol I got 14 Bloodwind essences now. I remember not going for him because I couldn't get any. I found 5 the last 2 days.

Going to be honest, I left GAF guild a while ago and joined a guild spawned from the dragonblaze reddit. Not the official reddit guild, just a guild made up of a bunch fo mostly redditors.

GB was one reason I left, but another reason was that, at least during my time there, wasn't really a lot of chat in the guild. idk, I like chatting.

Anyway, UI wonder if there's interest in merging or something? Seems like we have a core group of really serious GBers in my current guild, and GAF has a really core group of serious GBers as well. Seems like it could be a win/win for everyone. I don't know that we'd be as hardcore as enforcing point requirements, but just having more members doing GB should be enough to bump to 5% or higher.

Not trying to poach members or anything, but I know I've seen the GB complaint repeated a number of times over the past few weeks from people in the GAF guild, so just throwing this out there as food for thought.

Yaari

I'm all for a merge. It's a nice guild we got, but members are dropping and there's nothing wrong with looking out for a future approach.
There's some issues for a few people that have problems making that GB time, but maybe they can save a stack of tickets to get a few wins in during the weekend to hit their limits.
Either way we're losing a lot of members and even the most active ones seem to just go. I don't know who Ventori was in here but he's not been on for 4 days now and he was one of the most active people we had.

And I really like the Reddit community for ths game too. Nothing wrong with them.
I do want to know how much free spots they got though.

Edit: Hell, I think I'm just going to leave. I want to stay for the really cool people that stay behind but at the same time I'm pretty competitive minded and I can't ask that out of everyone else in my guild. But I can ask it when I join a different guild for those exact purposes.

I'm all for a merge. It's a nice guild we got, but members are dropping and there's nothing wrong with looking out for a future approach.
There's some issues for a few people that have problems making that GB time, but maybe they can save a stack of tickets to get a few wins in during the weekend to hit their limits.
Either way we're losing a lot of members and even the most active ones seem to just go. I don't know who Ventori was in here but he's not been on for 4 days now and he was one of the most active people we had.

And I really like the Reddit community for ths game too. Nothing wrong with them.

Ventori was Ventara on the forum. Few days ago he said he's going to SE Asia and his internet might be spotty, but he asked not to be kicked.

The guild I'm in now, like I said, isn't the official Reddit guild. Currently sitting at only 31/50, so plenty of free spots. And lots of inactives as well, so I suspect more space could be made. Guild name is Nocturna, feel free to look it up. If anyone thinks a merge is good idea, you might talk to Staree (aka Starri, Starrd) or Hav0c in game.

Edit: If you want a guild that is competitive RIGHT NOW though then might not be the best. We currently get 10% maybe if we're lucky, but that's also with very few members (like I said only 31/50). If we start recruiting specifically for GB I think it could be much higher. Some of our members get 500+ points each week in GB though. Your call though

KimChi

ventori=ventara and is currently on vacation thats why he hasn't been active lately.

I'm up for the merge as well, sucks being held back in gb since most aren't even participating in the current gaf guild.

Yaari

I just left. Not sure if I'll join the Nocturna guild, I will wait for some others to see if they plan on doing anything.

I'll miss my 300k exp, lol.

I would have stayed for the people in the NeoGAF guild but I want to get more out of the game too.

Edit: @KimChi. Ah, ok. What do you plan on doing? Who's Gondola on the forum, had some fun runs with him too. And Rurunaki.
I do feel bad about it for Garath as he did a great job running the guild that he was pretty much handed after someone else bailed. But the numbers for the game just keep dropping, its difficult to keep it going.

wapplew

I'm on the brink of having my first draco in this server, I'll be active in GB soon and everyone leaving?
Also, player base in NA seems shrinking fast.

KimChi

I just left. Not sure if I'll join the Nocturna guild, I will wait for some others to see if they plan on doing anything.

I would have stayed for the people in the NeoGAF guild but I want to get more out of the game too.

Edit: @KimChi. Ah, ok. What do you plan on doing? Who's Gondola on the forum, had some fun runs with him too. And Rurunaki.
I do feel bad about it for Garath as he did a great job running the guild that he was pretty much handed after someone else bailed. But the numbers for the game just keep dropping, its difficult to keep it going.

Eh idk atm, ill wait until the gb rewards are distributed before doing anything. Might just join the guild cpp is in if they decide to focus more on gb.
I don't think anything can be done for the gaf guild currently and it does suck since garath became the leader when the other guy just left.

Limit

I'm Gondola in game.

And any active guild is ok by me as long as there aren't any stringent requirements on how many points a player must get each week.

I'm Gondola in game.

And any active guild is ok by me as long as there aren't any stringent requirements on how many points a player must get each week.

I actually edited my post because I talked to the leader and he doesn't want to impose any requirements. He thinks it would be great if more people joined who wanted to be active in GB, but he still wants to allow casual players to have fun in the guild. So up to you. We're not going to be getting top 10 or top 1% any time soon, but 5% for costumes seems like a possibility just by adding a few more members. I mean hell we're only at 31/50 and still getting decent ranking considering the low numbers.

commish

I'm Gondola in game.

Honestly though you can get 100 guild points in about 30 minutes.

Yaari

I'll wait to see what others do then. I think a 70 point req like you said is easily obtainable for everyone so hopefully I can find a nice guild that does that.

But more active in general would be a nice step in the right direction.

wapplew

Doesn't it match you up based on your points? With 0 points I don't think you'll be matched up with crazy strong people.

Could be wrong though

With low player base, MM is total mess.
I score 600-800 points weekly in Asia, sometimes they still match my team with low level.

Limit

I actually edited my post because I talked to the leader and he doesn't want to impose any requirements. He thinks it would be great if more people joined who wanted to be active in GB, but he still wants to allow casual players to have fun in the guild. So up to you. We're not going to be getting top 10 or top 1% any time soon, but 5% for costumes seems like a possibility just by adding a few more members. I mean hell we're only at 31/50 and still getting decent ranking considering the low numbers.

Done. Applied to Nocturna.

Edit: Got accepted and did some runs. It was pleasantly surprising to log in the guild battle screen and see 25+ people logged in. Some people with high level draco characters as well.

Solid guild.

Pejo

So I take it that's it for the GAF guild then? Sucks. My GF and I have been putting in some tickets trying to get some sort of rank going.

Done. Applied to Nocturna.

Edit: Got accepted and did some runs. It was pleasantly surprising to log in the guild battle screen and see 25+ people logged in. Some people with high level draco characters as well.

Solid guild.

BTW I was the first guy you GB'ed with (Lebesgue, aka Cauchy, aka Erdos)

So I take it that's it for the GAF guild then? Sucks. My GF and I have been putting in some tickets trying to get some sort of rank going.

That wasn't my intention btw. The way I understood there's less than 10 ppl who do GB regularly, so that still leaves a big Gaf guild right? I was only trying to offer an alternative for people who want to rank higher in gb

Chaos17

That's not really true, see below.
GAFQHUZ.jpg

Bloodwind is still taken for the Hydra but Korean do favor the angel summoner for the WBs in general, here an example :
93V7c2N.jpg

From the screenshots I usually see, dracos are still relevant and not useless in long term :)
The only thing that I can't get my hand on are Guild Battle screenshots, I saw none.

garath

Ah too bad losing the high level people in the guild. Short of the crazy dedicated ones I think any guild is going to struggle with activity over time. In the end it's a phone game and people will get bored and move on.

This has been a fun game. Lots to do but I'm personally hitting the grind cap for myself. I do what I can but the time slots they keep choosing for the perks don't work for me. I have limited time to GB, can't get the enhance bonuses, missing the free summons, etc. Its making it difficult to keep up.

I still need my first draco dammit.

arevin01

The RNG in this game is absurd. Its no surprise players are leaving. Reminds of diablo 3 key farming days. RNG on the 1/4 key drop, after getting all 4 keys, RNG on 1/4 monster drops. So after getting all 4 keys and monster drops for one ammy, there's RNG on the stat roll. Uh yeah...many ppl quit after that.

wapplew

The RNG in this game is absurd. Its no surprise players are leaving. Reminds of diablo 3 key farming days. RNG on the 1/4 key drop, after getting all 4 keys, RNG on 1/4 monster drops. So after getting all 4 keys and monster drops for one ammy, there's RNG on the stat roll. Uh yeah...many ppl quit after that.

I think Draco fix some RNG problem.

commish

If people are leaving this game faster than normal attrition (I haven't had to prune anyone from my friends list in a while, so I haven't seen it directly yet), I would say it's because the gap between F2P and payers is growing with each update. This is a direct byproduct of the ridiculous RNG with premium pulls and the RNG with what unit you get on a combine. There's just too much RNG.

It's my only daily game I play on my phone, so I'll be sticking around for a while.

I think Draco fix some RNG problem.

It fixes the RNG problem somewhat but at an insane cost. It takes forever for a F2P player to make a draco.

commish

It's not easy but I got 3 so far. It could be worse.

That's like what, 17 SSS? I started in May. Not bad at all.

I think having 3 draco and being F2P is the exception rather than the rule. I've been playing since May as well and I have ... one draco. I suppose I could make another if I sack 5 of my SSS into one of my max warriors. But that would wipe me out. Not even remotely close to that 3rd draco. And definitely not in a position to max enhance another draco.

Anyone know how long after the bump to level 64 did the koreans get their first angel?

garath

I think having 3 draco and being F2P is the exception rather than the rule. I've been playing since May as well and I have ... one draco. I suppose I could make another if I sack 5 of my SSS into one of my max warriors. But that would wipe me out. Not even remotely close to that 3rd draco. And definitely not in a position to max enhance another draco.

Anyone know how long after the bump to level 64 did the koreans get their first angel?

Definitely the exception. I've been playing since NA release and I'll be making my first draco once I have the essences. I do have a full team of max SSS and a few backups around +3 not counting the Draco fodder so I'm not doing terrible but I think that's more in lie what I'd expect from a f2p.

Hopefully one of these new maps contains a SSS earring as a boss reward

And i also agree, f2p with 3 draco sounds extremely difficult to me. Maybe completely unenhanced, but even just getting 17 SSS as f2p seems quite difficult

Chaos17

Canyou link to the taiwan Facebook post?

Here : https://www.facebook.com/DragonBlazeTW

And yeah I translated :

You little squirrel fans !! ((error

Latest news yesterday with little change oh !!!
In order to repay the players who have been supporting us
heart emoticon

Will extend into the following ------>

After the 8/25 update !!!
SSS will be sending a full server class hero summon a voucher!
Oh my god !!
Well how so so> /// <

After 8/25 maintenance updates within 1-9 / 24 this time!
Old players new players can get !!!
So touching gift Oh ~ ((Sahua

vato_loco

It's not easy but I got 3 so far. It could be worse.

That's like what, 17 SSS? I started in May. Not bad at all.
You're definitely not average. I started playing around May as well and I have no Dracos so far. Not even close, actually. Sure, I don't play as much all day but it's still a long way to go.

KimChi

Looks like the hive game invites let you reuse the same people, had 10 of em refresh today that I remember using the first time I started getting people for it . Good thing the rewards for it should refresh on the update and more free shoes woo.

Rurunaki

Ventori was Ventara on the forum. Few days ago he said he's going to SE Asia and his internet might be spotty, but he asked not to be kicked.

The guild I'm in now, like I said, isn't the official Reddit guild. Currently sitting at only 31/50, so plenty of free spots. And lots of inactives as well, so I suspect more space could be made. Guild name is Nocturna, feel free to look it up. If anyone thinks a merge is good idea, you might talk to Staree (aka Starri, Starrd) or Hav0c in game.

Edit: If you want a guild that is competitive RIGHT NOW though then might not be the best. We currently get 10% maybe if we're lucky, but that's also with very few members (like I said only 31/50). If we start recruiting specifically for GB I think it could be much higher. Some of our members get 500+ points each week in GB though. Your call though

Cpp. Can I apply for your guild when the gb resets on Monday?

vato_loco

I've been thinking. Giving Items with INT attribute for allies, is it worth it or not?
I rarely get those, and when I do, I only give them to allies if I have better ones on me and I consider that these allies are gonna stick with me for a long time. Meaning the SSS allies that I will not be using for fodder any time soon.

Top Bottom