• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Limit

I was able to reach lab 40. That gets you in top 1%. Currently sitting out rank 69. I switched out Shabelle for Mercedes because I liked her immunity passive and debuff better.

Sheep mage
Mercedes +4
Bright spark max
DBS max
Tyran Max

This week seems to be a slow week for Arena as I have 6k and sitting at number 25. I plan to always stay 1k above the number 50 guy so I can get the title for my rogue and call it a day.

Lacking any tank has become my lamentation song for this game. Thankfully the labyrinth is the only place where my struggle is real.

In terms of ascended units who is currently the top tank dog in season 3? Not that I am in a hurry to get one anytime soon but at this point draco DC essences are just taking up limited inventory space. I need to figure out what to do with them soon.

Lacking any tank has become my lamentation song for this game. Thankfully the labyrinth is the only place where my struggle is real.

In terms of ascended units who is currently the top tank dog in season 3? Not that I am in a hurry to get one anytime soon but at this point draco DC essences are just taking up limited inventory space. I need to figure out what to do with them soon.

Hold onto them until they merge and stack to 99, best you can do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was able to reach lab 40. That gets you in top 1%. Currently sitting out rank 69. I switched out Shabelle for Mercedes because I liked her immunity passive and debuff better.

Sheep mage
Mercedes +4
Bright spark max
DBS max
Tyran Max

This week seems to be a slow week for Arena as I have 6k and sitting at number 25. I plan to always stay 1k above the number 50 guy so I can get the title for my rogue and call it a day.

It'll be slow for arena because everyone is spending tickets on the raid.

KimChi

The new raid is terrifying. Can't take down the adds in 5 seconds? ALL DEAD.

And they spawn faster than my ultimate meteor cooldown. Just wtf.

Sounds like you are doing too much damage. If you do too much damage from the start then it will summon like 2 waves in a row. I've had more successful runs without rogues funnily enough. Even beat it with just 2 mage 2 priests and 2 mage 2 warrior.
Since I am a sheep mage I usually wait until the adds are summoned then sheep and meteor usually kills off a portion of them.
Really should just start the fight using only auto or single target attacks and save aoe for the adds. Do that and you should pass no problem unless you get dumb auto rogues that force too many adds to spawn. Thankfully Aqualis doesn't have any heals.

I should have just used my tickets for top 50 again this week, 1/3rd of the raids have been failed at least :/

Good luck beating anyone, I seriously get destroyed by 90% of the teams above 3k points . Dead in 5 seconds, even when they've got no dracos or anything

Goroh

Sounds like you are doing too much damage. If you do too much damage from the start then it will summon like 2 waves in a row. I've had more successful runs without rogues funnily enough. Even beat it with just 2 mage 2 priests and 2 mage 2 warrior.
Since I am a sheep mage I usually wait until the adds are summoned then sheep and meteor usually kills off a portion of them.
Really should just start the fight using only auto or single target attacks and save aoe for the adds. Do that and you should pass no problem unless you get dumb auto rogues that force too many adds to spawn. Thankfully Aqualis doesn't have any heals.

Oh, it's damage based? With all the rogues afk during raids these are gonna be fun times. >_>

commish

I don't understand how so many people still do the raid wrong. Just don't use any of your attacking skills until the first wave comes at the very least. To be honest, just auto-attacking would probably be a 100% win.

arevin01

I don't understand how so many people still do the raid wrong. Just don't use any of your attacking skills until the first wave comes at the very least. To be honest, just auto-attacking would probably be a 100% win.

I give up using potion for these afk guys. Gonna go afk fight myself.

ChrisG683

No, weapon atk is not better than base atk. Weapon ATK is pretty much what it sounds like. It increases the number on your weapon by a certain percentage. But you get atk power from other places too. Like DEX, STR, INT, etc. So the Base ATK card multiplies the final number . I almost want to say that Base ATK +X% is the identical to Weapon ATK +X% and DEX +X% (for rogue/archer, similar for others), but I'm not 100% if that's all there is to it

Sounds good, I'll slap one of my A's on Shabelle, I got 2 more after that post lol.

So is it just me, or is the drop rate for SSS items on Aqualis waaaay lower than Phoenix? I got my 5/6 SSS set on Phoenix pretty quickly, but I think I've burned 80 tickets of Aqualis, and I think I've only seen 1 SSS item drop (not including the 10 rubies item). I only raid during the drop rate bonus times, and even right now during the 100% drop boost I don't think I've seen a SSS drop.

arevin01

Sounds good, I'll slap one of my A's on Shabelle, I got 2 more after that post lol.

So is it just me, or is the drop rate for SSS items on Aqualis waaaay lower than Phoenix? I got my 5/6 SSS set on Phoenix pretty quickly, but I think I've burned 80 tickets of Aqualis, and I think I've only seen 1 SSS item drop (not including the 10 rubies item). I only raid during the drop rate bonus times, and even right now during the 100% drop boost I don't think I've seen a SSS drop.

You got bad luck, used 30 tickets with the 100% buff and got 3 SSS.

KimChi

Just RNG, been doing raids with guild went like 40 tix without a red drop then got 3 in a row back to back. Person in my guild has gotten like 6-7 now lol.

Yaari

70--80 kills and just 2 Reds. Just bullshit lol.
Someone in the guild is hauling them all in while I sit and watch. haha.

Rurunaki

70--80 kills and just 2 Reds. Just bullshit lol.
Someone in the guild is hauling them all in while I sit and watch. haha.

All the reds seem to be in the paybox in my case. oh well.. no rush in getting the set.. Phoenix set is still best for Allies anyway.

commish

I've been pretty lucky so far and have about 10 or so pieces, with some being dupes.

All the reds seem to be in the paybox in my case. oh well.. no rush in getting the set.. Phoenix set is still best for Allies anyway.

Have to disagree with this. I assume you mean the Fiercely Blaze set (bonus of 3000 hp and 19 immunity). Current set gives 20.4 to def pen and 15.1 to crit rate. I like the HP/Immunity for GB for my GB ally, but for every other mode, I prefer the increased offensive stats of the new set - lab, both world bosses, story mode. Arena is more about picking a fight you can win than anything, so I could go either way.

arevin01

I've been pretty lucky so far and have about 10 or so pieces, with some being dupes.

Have to disagree with this. I assume you mean the Fiercely Blaze set (bonus of 3000 hp and 19 immunity). Current set gives 20.4 to def pen and 15.1 to crit rate. I like the HP/Immunity for GB for my GB ally, but for every other mode, I prefer the increased offensive stats of the new set - lab, both world bosses, story mode. Arena is more about picking a fight you can win than anything, so I could go either way.

He likely mean to say for now, its easier to just use the Phoenix set. SSS are hard enough to get so maybe a month later when we'll be swimming in all the new SSS gear, then of course the new SSS gear will be better.

JigsawX

Overall my haul wasn't too bad but wish I would get more variety, 3 caster offhands, 2 gauntlets, 1 sword. The 40-50ish raids that failed prob had the magical goodies I wanted.

arevin01

Overall my haul wasn't too bad but wish I would get more variety, 3 caster offhands, 2 gauntlets, 1 sword. The 40-50ish raids that failed prob had the magical goodies I wanted.

Thats a lot of fails. I get about 70% success rate when I go auto rogue.

Salamande

There is kind of a trick to it. If you watch carefully, you'll notice that there's only a brief period when the extra enemies can actually be hit - right when they do their Spiraling Wind attack. Wait to long, and you'll get hit by the killer Wind Storm attack, but if you try to hit them as soon as they appear, you'll just whiff (this was driving me nuts as a mage until I realized what was happening).

It takes a little timing, but if the AoE players hit 'em just right, it makes the fight much easier.

garath

So you guys still spend rubies on later essences to enhance the dracos? I'm starting to get a little low on A fodder but I've been using rubies to get my draco brightspark. Might want to back off a little now and just hope some more drop so I can buy more fodder. :(

Yaari

So you guys still spend rubies on later essences to enhance the dracos? I'm starting to get a little low on A fodder but I've been using rubies to get my draco brightspark. Might want to back off a little now and just hope some more drop so I can buy more fodder. :(

I only ever bought them for my first Blackaria, and after that not a single one. I'll spend so much time leveling that eventually I'll get them all up there. The worst feeling will be selling Essences for gold, for a unit that I bought them for using Rubies.

So that's not going to happen.

KimChi

The way I went about it was get 1 draco then focus on leveling. While grinding, I use whatever essence I find to enhance which leads to eventually having a stock of the others. That's how I've reach Max+1 on D. Brightspark and +5 on Bloodwind. If I am lucky I can get a few more enhances on Bloodwind tomorrow with the fail boost. Have like 5 bloodwind essences saved atm.
Personally, I think it also helps to not worry about essences. Just focus on leveling and they eventually drop.

I've been thinking on making Loki into Greysoul or Ult D. Brightspark. I think Greysoul would be pretty decent for golem and a nice addition for arena. I could prep Windlune for angel but rather do something to boost my team now instead of waiting.

garath

I only ever bought them for my first Blackaria, and after that not a single one. I'll spend so much time leveling that eventually I'll get them all up there. The worst feeling will be selling Essences for gold, for a unit that I bought them for using Rubies.

So that's not going to happen.

The way I went about it was get 1 draco then focus on leveling. While grinding, I use whatever essence I find to enhance which leads to eventually having a stock of the others. That's how I've reach Max+1 on D. Brightspark and +5 on Bloodwind. If I am lucky I can get a few more enhances on Bloodwind tomorrow with the fail boost. Have like 5 bloodwind essences saved atm.
Personally, I think it also helps to not worry about essences. Just focus on leveling and they eventually drop.

I've been thinking on making Loki into Greysoul or Ult D. Brightspark. I think Greysoul would be pretty decent for golem and a nice addition for arena. I could prep Windlune for angel but rather do something to boost my team now instead of waiting.

Good call. I'm still only 62 and my priest is 56 so plenty of leveling to go. My draco brightspark is +4 now so strong enough to be better than my SSS max guys :)

I'll start saving for pulls again.

Conventional wisdom has always been to that a single unit takes about 6 shoes to rapport, but that kind of breaks down now that we're so strong that it's hard to get 3 full waves of enemies out on bosses. And for levels that we can get 3 waves out on, they're so strong that it's very hard to keep your weak guys alive for so long.

So here's a pro tip I just found. If you're lucky enough that you have multiple guys to rapport, you can do it with up to 3 at a time using Draco BS or Draco Bloodwind (preferably BS). I just rapported 3 units in 8 shoes by running Fog Region boss stage. After about level 25 or 30 they won't get one shotted anymore, and Draco BS is enough to one shot every enemy in the level, so it's super easy

For the starting formation not sure whether to get the Stam for the tank or the Eva for the back ones

I went full attack for everyone, didn't put a single point into anything else

arevin01

Conventional wisdom has always been to that a single unit takes about 6 shoes to rapport, but that kind of breaks down now that we're so strong that it's hard to get 3 full waves of enemies out on bosses. And for levels that we can get 3 waves out on, they're so strong that it's very hard to keep your weak guys alive for so long.

So here's a pro tip I just found. If you're lucky enough that you have multiple guys to rapport, you can do it with up to 3 at a time using Draco BS or Draco Bloodwind (preferably BS). I just rapported 3 units in 8 shoes by running Fog Region boss stage. After about level 25 or 30 they won't get one shotted anymore, and Draco BS is enough to one shot every enemy in the level, so it's super easy

Your tank isnt likely to die first so better to get def stats for your dps/healers.

JigsawX

Oh I should have probably mentioned that my attacks are both maxed its for the final 10 points, not sure whether to do stam or evasion.

Oh I should have probably mentioned that my attacks are both maxed its for the final 10 points, not sure whether to do stam or evasion.

Oh in that case the choice is clear, go with the defensive stats. Do you already have the formation at Lv. 30?

I'm 64 on my rogue and the formation is only level 20. I probably won't even get the last 10 levels because I'm planning to switch to Dauntless Breakthrough or the second free formation.

Yaari

The dps positions in this formation don't get defensive stats though, they get attack. Currently I'm Lv. 10 on both of the 2 DPS +Atk slots

What is the name of the formation you are using? I havent used any points yet.
I'm still on that EXP formation. I still don't really know what I'm supposed to do, I've not leveled anything.

JigsawX

Oh in that case the choice is clear, go with the defensive stats. Do you already have the formation at Lv. 30?

I'm 64 on my rogue and the formation is only level 20. I probably won't even get the last 10 levels because I'm planning to switch to Dauntless Breakthrough or the second free formation.

Currently at lvl 23, The second one looks less ideal to me so not going to level it up.
If I were to buy one it would be either Incredible Concentration as of now or if I had rio Fire All at One

You say defensive but which one would that be? To me Stam / Eva are both defensive stats heh!

What is the name of the formation you are using? I havent used any points yet.
I'm still on that EXP formation. I still don't really know what I'm supposed to do, I've not leveled anything.

Which formation to buy depends on what allies you have. I use Dauntless Breakthrough because it requires 2 rogues, which i have. If you have 2 Archers you'll use Fire All At One. There's also one for 2 mage, 2 warrior, and 2 priest. Careful to buy the right one, if you don't have the proper allies you won't even be able to use it

Click your exp formation, and click on each of the chess pueces. It shows a secondary bonus like atk +5%. Each time your formation levels up, you get a point to spend on those. So in addition to leveling the formation which has a party wide buff, you get skill points to level up position specific buffs.

Currently at lvl 23, The second one looks less ideal to me so not going to level it up.
If I were to buy one it would be either Incredible Concentration as of now or if I had rio Fire All at One

You say defensive but which one would that be? To me Stam / Eva are both defensive stats heh!
Second one seems interesting for labyrinth being so defensive. But idk. For defensive stat id go for the eva. You want to protect your squishiest ppl, not your tankiest

Rurunaki

On select units you may prefer the Whirlpool set i.e. DBS and BW. But on Dracos like Aria and DC, I will take the Fiercely Blazing set even on Greysoul just for that additional tankiness in Arena and GB. All that firepower means nothing if you can't survive a sheep or an instaburst.

arevin01

This is just getting silly. After getting two Mercedes with my recent pulls,and thats after getting Shabelle recently, RNG has blessed me with another healer with a lolipop pull.

DqsEyTH.png

Cybolt

This is just getting silly. After getting two Mercedes with my recent pulls,and thats after getting Shabelle recently, RNG has blessed me with another healer with a lolipop pull.

DqsEyTH.png

Very jealous right now but congrats! Haven't seen a priest in a long while and that's been keeping me from making Blackaria.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

DqsEyTH.png

Lucky son of a gun! grats! man its so crazy how much less work it is once you pull a SS/SSS. I seriously can't wait for the day the gacha system is implemented to at least have a SS after a certain amount of summons

commish

My strategy for Arena:

Find any team without Blackaria or a Shabelle helper and then attack them repeatedly until my fingers fall off.

Blackaria is just so annoying to handle. My team just does way too much AOE damage not to kill her, and then 8 seconds of invincibility is hard to overcome.

Yaari

SSS through lollipop is insane. Grats with that.

I really need some SS pull soon too, it is true that it speeds up the progress so much.

Chaos17

The new raid is terrifying. Can't take down the adds in 5 seconds? ALL DEAD.

And they spawn faster than my ultimate meteor cooldown. Just wtf.

I feel you.
I am actually tanking for my guildmates most the time on priest.
Beleive it or not when we've too rogues, they kill too fast the boss and we see the light so many times... that it's kinda stressfull to to be ready to spam scrolls at any moment, lol.

Anyway, I met yesterday in random raid an archer who was using scrolls and was timing her skills. So rare, lol. We became immediatly friends and added each to friendlist, since then we pm each other to raid together. And I can say that I didn't die once with her, even when she invited her friend mage. Her friend mage was also using scrolls and timing her AoE today in raid. Really a nice encounter.

My strategy for Arena:

Find any team without Blackaria or a Shabelle helper and then attack them repeatedly until my fingers fall off.

Blackaria is just so annoying to handle. My team just does way too much AOE damage not to kill her, and then 8 seconds of invincibility is hard to overcome.
It's going to be even more painfull when Kamiel will come, that rez party all on dying...

Yaari

Yesterday I did like 80 runs on 100% drop, 2 SSS.
This morning 2 runs with no drop increase, and I got 2 SSS.

Pretty ridiculous lol. It was a Rogue dagger, I got 2 now (64 ones).
But it wasnt better than the 60 one at all. I like the new bonus better though so I'll keep using it.

commish

I feel you.
I am actually tanking for my guildmates most the time on priest.
Beleive it or not when we've too rogues, they kill too fast the boss and we see the light so many times... that it's kinda stressfull to to be ready to spam scrolls at any moment, lol.

Anyway, I met yesterday in random raid an archer who was using scrolls and was timing her skills. So rare, lol. We became immediatly friends and added each to friendlist, since then we pm each other to raid together. And I can say that I didn't die once with her, even when she invited her friend mage. Her friend mage was also using scrolls and timing her AoE today in raid. Really a nice encounter.

That's my Dragon Blaze dream. ;) There are times when I'll be in a random group where everyone knows you don't just spam your skills like a fool, and we'll do 10 to 15 runs in a row. Makes it so much easier.

JigsawX

My strategy for Arena:

Yea just made her and even with no Max's it's worth in arena.

On a side note i'm tempted to get those draco costumes.....especially that crit stat

KimChi

Yesterday I did like 80 runs on 100% drop, 2 SSS.
This morning 2 runs with no drop increase, and I got 2 SSS.

Pretty ridiculous lol. It was a Rogue dagger, I got 2 now (64 ones).
But it wasnt better than the 60 one at all. I like the new bonus better though so I'll keep using it.
I did 2 runs today and got 1 SSS, it was a quiver with the perfect stats I've wanted on it. Def Pen, Sta, Crit Damage, Crit Chance. Prolly never getting another SSS with stats I want lol.
My strategy for Arena:

Yea seeing so many Blackaria in arena especially when I am now sitting on 26 of her essences makes me so salty right now.
Dealing with the shield in arena is another reason why I'm considering to make greysoul as well.

commish

I did 2 runs today and got 1 SSS, it was a quiver with the perfect stats I've wanted on it. Def Pen, Sta, Crit Damage, Crit Chance. Prolly never getting another SSS with stats I want lol.

Yea seeing so many Blackaria in arena especially when I am now sitting on 26 of her essences makes me so salty right now.
Dealing with the shield in arena is another reason why I'm considering to make greysoul as well.

I'm considering a grey soul as well, especially since he and blackaria are the most used dracos even in season 3. He s mostly for pvp though. Not so hot anywhere else.

Top Bottom