• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

Lol at people who used a EXP pot and now get one free though haha. Oh well, surely you can level another character but still. I'll never spend any rubies on that.

Limit

GM events – september 2015

6HzqUDn.png

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-30-11-59PM-PDT-CEST-SGT)&p=782477#post782477

Together with login bonuses that's pretty decent.

arevin01

Lol at people who used a EXP pot and now get one free though haha. Oh well, surely you can level another character but still. I'll never spend any rubies on that.

Nothing wrong with using pot. I got to 64 faster which means I did more raids which means better gear which mean easier time.

I recorded a video of getting to level 45 in Labyrinth. Hopefully this helps some people, if nothing else you can see what a successful run looks like with current tier units.

The funny thing is that this was literally my first attempt at recording, I was going to keep going until I got a 900k and I got it on my first attempt. But as soon as I hit round 45 Bluestacks lagged hard and I was dead before I had a chance to hit my scroll. On my phone I would have had enough time to revive, and I still had 2 scrolls left, so I'm pretty sure I would have broken my record. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFG-8xb9qKk

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
damn this is the most generous f2p game i ever played on mobile. If you're a consistent player then you can get 7+ SSS this month. Heck if you're a user that leaves your PC on all day then you can just have the game running on an android emulator and it will stay logged in to collect the bonuses.

1 SSS = 2x SS logging in 2 10 days in a row
1 SSS =28 day login
1 SSS =1 SS from logging in for 21 days, 1 SS from inviting 40 randoms with HIVE

A rank everyday with numerous S. You could easily have 3-4 SSS with combine

I wish the playerbase will grow now so that it's easier to hit 1% in WB lol

edit: also wow what a change in Arena. Last week it was about 8k to reach 1% in arena, currently at #84(0.522%) with 4,540 points.

Rurunaki

damn this is the most generous f2p game i ever played on mobile. If you're a consistent player then you can get 7+ SSS this month. Heck if you're a user that leaves your PC on all day then you can just have the game running on an android emulator and it will stay logged in to collect the bonuses.

1 SSS =28 day login
1 SSS =1 SS from logging in for 21 days, 1 SS from inviting 40 randoms with HIVE

edit: also wow what a change in Arena. Last week it was about 8k to reach 1% in arena, currently at #84(0.522%) with 4,540 points.

Busy with raids and gbs. Not to mention getting to 64. It'll normalize next week I bet.

RedZone

Neo Member

1 SSS =28 day login

i hope the player base gets bigger as they give more rewards, ppl like SSS even though everyone else has mass draco/angel/boden in korean version lol

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Is it easy getting that SS from 40 hive invites? Never done it.

Yes. Just set a cute female picture that looks girl next door in your profile. Make a post in some random gamevil forum and you will usually get 50+ friend requests in a day or two. It's that easy and you only have to check the site once a month when it resets

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
my guess is with the free sss and 1300 ruby monthly package it costs about 150$ to make a draco or ult a max draco, so ppl with full ult teams easily spent 1-2k

While $1k to $2k seems like a lot (and it is), I've seen people spend *far* more in other F2P games. When I played Game of War, one of my clan mates spend a few hundred dollars A DAY. It was insane. You can get top 1% in all events by spending about 10% of that. Not sure the other 90% is worth it.

I'm at .670 in Arena. I hope that holds. I've been getting quite a few defensive wins so that helps.

RedZone

Neo Member
While $1k to $2k seems like a lot (and it is), I've seen people spend *far* more in other F2P games. When I played Game of War, one of my clan mates spend a few hundred dollars A DAY. It was insane. You can get top 1% in all events by spending about 10% of that. Not sure the other 90% is worth it.

I'm at .670 in Arena. I hope that holds. I've been getting quite a few defensive wins so that helps.

ya ive played other games were ppl drop easily 100$ or more a week just doing guild wars or spamming gapcha whenever an event rolls around.

im f2p and can manage nearly top 5% in everything, lately i havent been able to get it in lab now, havent tried hard enough to clear level 30

Rurunaki

i blinked and my arena ranking dropped from .806 to 1.05% tis a dangerous time we live in..

Sciel

Managed to get about 1.2m for Golem this week (This puts me in Top 100 and guaranteed 1% ranking though)..

Its my highest score yet i'm actually kind of disappointed since:

1) I was using Archer formation @ lvl 21.

2) Using my "WB" team,
(DBS Max+3 + BW Max+2 + Loki Max+2 + Ur Ultimate+ Mag Priest + Toori Sub). All with more or less optimal gear.

3) Essentially using triple defense breaker with above team composition.

It seems like only way to go significantly above this for golem is to use a 5 DPS team (ie: replace my priest with a rogue).

PS: I'm not sure how accurate this is but does Golem have a "hard enrage" or something. In my case, he ALWAYS seems to enrage after about the 6th shield. This is despite my allies throwing every damn thing in the book at him at that moment (Mag + Crit Buff Up + Loki critting for 20k x 6 ,DBS Full Stack attack+ Defense breakers up etc). I always see the shield break animation ...and then he enrages a second later.

Pakman

PS: I'm not sure how accurate this is but does Golem have a "hard enrage" or something. In my case, he ALWAYS seems to enrage after about the 6th shield. This is despite my allies throwing every damn thing in the book at him at that moment (Mag + Crit Buff Up + Loki critting for 20k x 6 ,DBS Full Stack attack+ Defense breakers up etc). I always see the shield break animation ...and then he enrages a second later.

I was wondering that as well... Seeing you post this makes me think that there is a hard enrage. I also see him do the break animation but then he enrages and wipes my team out.

Yaari

My latest SSS was a Warrior, and I really needed a Archer if I wanted to make Bloodwind. So that will set me back for quite a while unfortunately. Have to start all over hoping that my next SSS will be an Archer.

I could make a Greysoul but not really up for that.

wapplew

News from Japan,

8th patch

-Gem system
-Card combine system
-New costume

22th patch

-Raise Level cap
-New map
-New ally
-New raid and items
-Something something top secret (angels obviously)

Time to collect those A, S and SS card!

StuffRuff

News from Japan,

8th patch

-Gem system
-Card combine system
-New costume

22th patch

-Raise Level cap
-New map
-New ally
-New raid and items

Does anyone know if its expected to have the essences combined in either of those patches? Or is that a Chapter 3 thing?

Getting sick of spider vine thicket 9 and getting no essences. 500 shoes and only 7 essences to my name....

wapplew

Does anyone know if its expected to have the essences combined in either of those patches? Or is that a Chapter 3 thing?

Getting sick of spider vine thicket 9 and getting no essences. 500 shoes and only 7 essences to my name....

That's season 3.

Chaos17

News from Japan,

8th patch

-Gem system
-Card combine system
-New costume

22th patch

-Raise Level cap
-New map
-New ally
-New raid and items

Can't find it on the Japan blog, where did you find that news ? :eek:
Could you provide a link ? I would like to news it to my blog too.

Edit : so if I understand correctly we will have 2 patches this month ?
I am surprised that they will put 2 systems at the time since each of them came on the korean version with a wave of angels.

commish

News from Japan,

8th patch

-Gem system
-Card combine system
-New costume

22th patch

-Raise Level cap
-New map
-New ally
-New raid and items

My goal is to make both Angels on day 1. Pretty sure I won't be able to without spending, so one is possible. Guess the archer would be better...

wapplew

Can't find it on the Japan blog, where did you find that news ? :eek:

Edit : so if I understand correctly we will have 2 patches this month ?
I am surprised that they will put 2 systems at the time since each of them came on the korean version with a wave of angels.

Saw those on Taiwan forum, it's from Japan stream

Adq8RAA.jpg

Zvr8iGw.jpg

Bx6fwJL.jpg

q8YN0oM.jpg

Look like new raid set will be a defensive set.

Yaari

^ You buying the essences then?

At this point I might just go for the Angels too. It sounds like I don't really have enough time to make another Draco before that.

Never actually got a summoner though.

Chaos17

@wapplew :
Right, they had a stream recently!
Too bad they didn't made written transcription of it, fortunaly some lurkers from Taiwain watched it :D
Thank you very much.

Can you give me the link of the forum please ?
I always like to give my source on my blog.

garath

So the angels are an Archer and a summoner? I do have whay +4 and Farq max. I think I have 4 candidate SSS fodder as well. One more and I'm in angel territory.

I was thinking about making blackaria next but if the angels are good then maybe it makes sense to make one of those first given how slow I am compared to others.

My latest SSS was hunter toori. Was really kind of hoping for shabelle. Lol. I know. Long shot. Fodder is good too I guess.

commish

^ You buying the essences then?

At this point I might just go for the Angels too. It sounds like I don't really have enough time to make another Draco before that.

Never actually got a summoner though.

I will push to 68 and then see how many essences I have. If there's just one essence type, then I can maybe get enough just from the grind...

Yaari

What is the card system?

And I think I'll just go for Del Rio. I heard that one is good for WB too. That's pretty much my main concern at this point. I don't do well at it at all. I'd like those SSS rewards.

Wish our Facebook did something useful.

garath

What is the card system?

And I think I'll just go for Del Rio. I heard that one is good for WB too. That's pretty much my main concern at this point. I don't do well at it at all. I'd like those SSS rewards.

Wish our Facebook did something useful.

Del Rio is the Archer? Having trouble finding the angel info.

garath

That's awesome. I sold so many cards.

@garath: http://gamebroke.blogspot.nl/2015/07/dragon-blaze-seven-angel.html

I think I'm going for El Rio. I think she'll be nasty in combination with my sheep mage, high attack speed and just picking targets one at a time.
I can't have both Bloodwind and El Rio. I need the one better in WB I guess.

Thanks for the link. The summoner looks sick as well for WB though. Steal their attack and crit damage? That has to be huge

Whizkid7

That's awesome. I sold so many cards.

@garath: http://gamebroke.blogspot.nl/2015/07/dragon-blaze-seven-angel.html

I think I'm going for El Rio. I think she'll be nasty in combination with my sheep mage, high attack speed and just picking targets one at a time.
I can't have both Bloodwind and El Rio. I need the one better in WB I guess.

I already have Bloodwind, so do you think it'd be worth it to get El Rio too or is that kinda silly? I have a spare SSS archer sitting around.

Yaari

Well you need all 3 of those units for that robot shit that is going down later on.
I don't see an issue with 3 archers. I'm going there myself, but probably not prioritizing Bloodwind.

That 2 archer formation could be pretty awesome if you ask me.

That said I'm not sure if I'd go for El Rio if I already have a Bloodwind, I'd probably look at Blackaria first. But it is up to you I guess.

Whizkid7

Well you need all 3 of those units for that robot shit that is going down later on.
I don't see an issue with 3 archers. I'm going there myself, but probably not prioritizing Bloodwind.

That 2 archer formation could be pretty awesome if you ask me.

That said I'm not sure if I'd go for El Rio if I already have a Bloodwind, I'd probably look at Blackaria first. But it is up to you I guess.

True, I'd prefer Blackaria, but I only have one SSS healer atm so while I COULD just deify her I'm not sure that the best option compared to having more DPS replace one of the tanks on my team (I have both Byron and Tiel right now. I really don't need both as a warrior main.)

commish

True, I'd prefer Blackaria, but I only have one SSS healer atm so while I COULD just deify her I'm not sure that the best option compared to having more DPS replace one of the tanks on my team (I have both Byron and Tiel right now. I really don't need both as a warrior main.)

IMO an uber healer isn't really needed for any part of the game. I am still using an SS healer yet place in the top 1% of all events. Blackaria is godly in GB, but you can just pair with someone who has her, and in Arena, it's easy to game the system by spending a ton of tickets in the beginning so you never face the good teams anyway. If I was in your shoes (and I am since I also have BW!), I'd make the angel archer so you can use the 2-archer formation.

arevin01

IMO an uber healer isn't really needed for any part of the game. I am still using an SS healer yet place in the top 1% of all events. Blackaria is godly in GB, but you can just pair with someone who has her, and in Arena, it's easy to game the system by spending a ton of tickets in the beginning so you never face the good teams anyway. If I was in your shoes (and I am since I also have BW!), I'd make the angel archer so you can use the 2-archer formation.

No doubt my plan was to make Blackaria also but since I already have Shabelle and Mercedes, I'd rather wait and make the archer angel.

commish

They are really speeding up the game updates compared to Korea. Korea had almost 2 months between the level increase to 64 while ours is less than a month. I probably am only going to really farm every other raid instead of constantly upgrading my stuff. The upgrade is nominal compared to the number of tickets needed. Of course, new characters need gear, but I mean for most of my crew.

JigsawX

I remember thinking of fusing away the wolf healer and peeps said to keep. No content needs two healers though right? Are people thinking of dps healing for stuff?

If I have 3 Draco party and patta as my tank then the only upgrades are going to be angels / bodens I imagine.

Top Bottom