• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

arevin01

Wow after about 100 shoes got the SSS card.
u0GwTnF.png

Now lets see how much Draco BS atk increases by...from +1680 to 3480. So almost 2k dps increase.

You guys are making me jealous. But I'm going to putting 100% of my shoes toward this daily dungeon on Friday for the foreseeable future, so I guess my time will come eventually.

Currently waiting on increased raid drop bonus, although I don't even know if it makes a difference. I might use 50 or so rubies on shoe refills, I've got a lot of rubies right now anyway.

garath

You guys are making me jealous. But I'm going to putting 100% of my shoes toward this daily dungeon on Friday for the foreseeable future, so I guess my time will come eventually.

Currently waiting on increased raid drop bonus, although I don't even know if it makes a difference. I might use 50 or so rubies on shoe refills, I've got a lot of rubies right now anyway.

Yeah. I got lucky. This is only the third SSS card I've seen. Jsut happened to be the one I wanted. I used about 50 shoes

Yeah. I got lucky. This is only the third SSS card I've seen. Jsut happened to be the one I wanted. I used about 50 shoes

I'm up to about 140 shoes so far. Can check by looking at the GM Event shoe reward, since I'm not using shoes anywhere else. I've gotten 1 S Atk Card, 3 A Atk Cards, and I've seen 2 SSS Atk Cards (one in the regular loot pool and one in the ruby pool). I've actually gotten 2 SSS cards, just not the right ones. I seem to rarely see the Atk card of any kind pop up. At one point I went probably 20 runs without seeing any cards, just gear.

Limit

What's worse than being in a raid with others who don't use any revive or healing items? Being in a raid with those with aforementioned behavior who then bounce out as soon as the team is killed by the raid boss. Adding that extra salt to the open cut.

Yaari

I'm up to about 140 shoes so far. Can check by looking at the GM Event shoe reward, since I'm not using shoes anywhere else. I've gotten 1 S Atk Card, 3 A Atk Cards, and I've seen 2 SSS Atk Cards (one in the regular loot pool and one in the ruby pool). I've actually gotten 2 SSS cards, just not the right ones. I seem to rarely see the Atk card of any kind pop up. At one point I went probably 20 runs without seeing any cards, just gear.

Its not worth using Rubies on IMO. The rate is too unreliable.

FML I got the 19% Holy Damage one. lol

Its not worth using Rubies on IMO. The rate is too unreliable.

FML I got the 19% Holy Damage one. lol

It's definitely not worth using rubies on the pay slot, but 9 rubies for basically 10 more chances seems at least somewhat reasonable. idk, maybe not though lol

Edit: Just got another A, lol. At least my future allies are going to be hooked up right when I get them.

Edit 2: YESSS, just got an orange. First one

Yaari

Don;t think I'm even going to find any use for that 19% Holy Damage one. I mean, what do I even do with it?

Edit : I got the SS one too, but is it better than the SSS Base ATK one I currently have? I don't know.

Don;t think I'm even going to find any use for that 19% Holy Damage one. I mean, what do I even do with it?

Edit : I got the SS one too, but is it better than the SSS Base ATK one I currently have? I don't know.

Err, you mean the SSS Max ATK one? I thought this IS the Base ATK one

Yaari

OMFG NOW I JUST GOT A RED ONE TOO LOL BACK TO BACK

Yeah Max ATK. Ah that was you getting the red one. Grats man. I don;t even know your ingame name. Lol.

I think I'll just save every pair of shoes for Friday from now on.

Edit: One time I was close to buying a Rubies chest in the stage, I was hovering over the slot, and the SSS card actually came up. Obviously I didnt buy it but I was so damn close.

Upgraded Bloodwind from an S atk card to an SSS ATK card he went from 3574+3177 to 3574+3820. That's a gain of 643.

So definitely a really nice boost. I'm not sure who to give my SS card to. On the one hand Draco Brightspark will get the biggest gain from it, but on the other hand she already has an S while everyone else has A's. So I might give it to Fulson or Deathcrown since they will get the biggest boost. I may also hold onto it until the end of the day and decide after I've done spending shoes, in case I get another SSS for Draco BS.

Yeah Max ATK. Ah that was you getting the red one. Grats man. I don;t even know your ingame name. Lol.

I think I'll just save every pair of shoes for Friday from now on.

Edit: One time I was close to buying a Rubies chest in the stage, I was hovering over the slot, and the SSS card actually came up. Obviously I didnt buy it but I was so damn close.

lol yea that was me. My warrior is Cauchy, my rogue is Lebesgue, my priest is Erdos. All my characters are named after famous mathematicians :)

Also I'm 100% sure your SS Base ATK will be better than your SSS Max ATK. If I'm wrong I'll apologize profusely, but I'm pretty sure I'm not

Chaos17

Do those red cards only drop on friday in daily dungeon ?
I kinda want to farm daiy dungeon tomorow because no shoes tonight :(

Would you farm one for a healer ally?

Yes, because how much they heal for is based on their ATK value. I have an A one on my Mercedes right now.

The only person who I'm not replacing their non-ATK skill card on is my Gram, who has a STA Duel Card D that I got from Hydra (STA +11%, DEF +19%). He's my boy in Labyrinth, and survivability is far more important for him than damage.

Yaari

Yeah I can see what I'm doing on Fridays. I dont use Rubies because once I start, I probably won't stop. And I need them to keep pumping out SSSs

I'm sure that if I can somehow get about 100~ shoes ready for every Friday then surely eventually I can get some of the cards too. The main priority for me are Brightspark Draco and Bloodwind for now anyway.

Indeed the healers need it but I need to get up there in the WB. It's where I perform the worst.

Yeah I can see what I'm doing on Fridays. I dont use Rubies because once I start, I probably won't stop. And I need them to keep pumping out SSSs

I'm sure that if I can somehow get about 100~ shoes ready for every Friday then surely eventually I can get some of the cards too. The main priority for me are Brightspark Draco and Bloodwind for now anyway.

Indeed the healers need it but I need to get up there in the WB. It's where I perform the worst.

Did you replace the SSS Max ATK card with the SS Base ATK card? I'm wondering how much you jumped.

Yaari

Did you replace the SSS Max ATK card with the SS Base ATK card? I'm wondering how much you jumped.

Nope not yet because Garath has the SSS version on his +2 Draco BS, and he has an equal amount of total ATK on his BS right now.

So it will probably be better once my Draco BS is +MAX, but for now it won't really make much of a difference I think. She's only +2. I had poor luck getting her up.

(It could take several weeks for my Draco BS to hit max, so if I lose ATK then I rather not do that right now). I'm closer to getting the LVL64 staff that might actually give the SSS card a boost.

Edit: Second Holy SSS one. Lol.

arevin01

Nope not yet because Garath has the SSS version on his +2 Draco BS, and he has an equal amount of total ATK on his BS right now.

So it will probably be better once my Draco BS is +MAX, but for now it won't really make much of a difference I think. She's only +2. I had poor luck getting her up.

(It could take several weeks for my Draco BS to hit max, so if I lose ATK then I rather not do that right now). I'm closer to getting the LVL64 staff that might actually give the SSS card a boost.

Edit: Second Holy SSS one. Lol.

Is there any point in using those elemental damage cards or do you just sell it?

Sell them. Honestly I would take an A base atk card over an SSS of *anything else*, that's how broken they are. Every other card except situationally a STA card is so bad compared to the ATK cards that there's no point in keeping them. I got 4 SSS cards earlier today. A Defense Penentration, 2 holy dmg, and a dark dmg. Sold all 4 of them. They are all worthless.

If you can't even quantify the damage, that just makes them even more worthless.

Limit

The drop rates of cards on daily dungeons are so poor that I am not going to waste shoes trying to get them. Better off leveling up secondary characters and farming some more essences along the way. I'll live with not having the best possible build and having stamina or a dex card.

Yaari

I was 1!!!! slot next to the damn thing. DAMN.

The drop rates of cards on daily dungeons are so poor that I am not going to waste shoes trying to get them. Better off leveling up secondary characters and farming some more essences along the way. I'll live with not having the best possible build and having stamina or a dex card.

True, but I think its the most accessible way of gaining quick insane boosts to your allies. And it shouldn't cost any rubies at all.
It helps in pretty much any part of the game too.

I thought so too, but I'm telling you, the base atk cards are broken. BROKEN I tell you.

You take your SS DEX card or whatever it is, and put on an SSS Base ATK card, you are going to gain anywhere from 2000 - 3000 ATK if your guy is +MAX and has strong weapons. I'm not exaggerating. I mean it's practically like enhancing your character an extra 7 or 8 times, seriously. Even the blue ones will give you a huge boost over whatever you're using. To give you some idea of the drop rates, I've used 220 shoes so far today, and I've gotten 4 A cards, 1 S card, 1 SS card, and 1 SSS Card. Yea, the rates aren't great, but in one day I just improved my team by an amount that would have taken me weeks or months to do any other way.

arevin01

I thought so too, but I'm telling you, the base atk cards are broken. BROKEN I tell you.

You take your SS DEX card or whatever it is, and put on an SSS Base ATK card, you are going to gain anywhere from 2000 - 3000 ATK. I'm not exaggerating. I mean it's practically like enhancing your character an extra 7 or 8 times, seriously. Even the blue ones will give you a huge boost over whatever you're using. To give you some idea of the drop rates, I've used 220 shoes so far today, and I've gotten 4 A cards, 1 S card, 1 SS card, and 1 SSS Card. Yea, the rates aren't great, but in one day I just improved my team by an amount that would have taken me weeks or months to do any other way.

To those wondering. I've used about 200 shoes and only able to score 2 base ATK cards. So know you might need a lot of shoes to hit one.

EDIT: It seems like it comes in bunches because I got 3 more out of 20 shoes. So youre looking at perhaps 2 base ATK cards out of 100 shoes.

Yaari

Put the SS one on Blackaria. Was an instant +1000 Attack. I guess the healing helps. She had a Immunity card before this, but I don't really need one before the 60 2-set already gives a boost to that.

JigsawX

You take your SS DEX card or whatever it is, and put on an SSS Base ATK card, you are going to gain anywhere from 2000 - 3000 ATK if your guy is +MAX and has strong weapons. I'm not exaggerating. I mean it's practically like enhancing your character an extra 7 or 8 times, seriously. Even the blue ones will give you a huge boost over whatever you're using. To give you some idea of the drop rates, I've used 220 shoes so far today, and I've gotten 4 A cards, 1 S card, 1 SS card, and 1 SSS Card. Yea, the rates aren't great, but in one day I just improved my team by an amount that would have taken me weeks or months to do any other way.

I wish I had that so far my 150 has given me only 2 A's :(

Just combined for some SS dude named Sorcerer Haziq. 2nd row from the bottom , 2nd column from the left in Folio.

This guy looks... Pretty fucking good for Labyrinth (party wide 24% DEF increase passive and he's a healer) so I could lose Mercedes) and potentially world boss as well (def down debuff).

This is probably a stupid question, but is he worth keeping even though he's SS? His first active is a heal but I can't tell if these totems are single target or AoE. If it is AoE he might even be useful on hydra. I'm imagining this Haziq guy plus Bloodwind plus Ur/Peras stacking multiple def down on hydra/golem and racking up unbelievable points.

On the other hand, SS is SS so maybe he's still crap?

The Labyrinth idea is kind of intriguing if nothing else because that extra 25% DEF could easily keep some people alive on round 30.

Otheradam

I just used maybe 20 shoes and got 2 A and 1 S. Just saw an SSS but didn't get it. RNG will be rng. They are totally worth it to farm. I'm going to stop leveling tonight to farm them. Even the A card gave me a boost of like 700 att.

ChrisG683

I've used like ~40 shoes and got 5 A's for Increase attack and 2-3 of the Holy/Arcane ones.

I've seen a couple of S/SS on the table, but no SSS.

I've got a question though, currently I have the S card on my Shabelle, which "Increases Weapon ATK by 17%"

Is this better than the base ATK cards? Her ATK is 1368 + 2132 with it, and I feel like her weapon ATK is higher than her base ATK.

I guess if the % on base atk cards is a lot higher though, they are better, especially for other allies with much higher base ATK.

I've used like ~40 shoes and got 5 A's for Increase attack and 2-3 of the Holy/Arcane ones.

I've seen a couple of S/SS on the table, but no SSS.

I've got a question though, currently I have the S card on my Shabelle, which "Increases Weapon ATK by 17%"

Is this better than the base ATK cards? Her ATK is 1368 + 2132 with it, and I feel like her weapon ATK is higher than her base ATK.

I guess if the % on base atk cards is a lot higher though, they are better, especially for other allies with much higher base ATK.

No, weapon atk is not better than base atk. Weapon ATK is pretty much what it sounds like. It increases the number on your weapon by a certain percentage. But you get atk power from other places too. Like DEX, STR, INT, etc. So the Base ATK card multiplies the final number . I almost want to say that Base ATK +X% is the identical to Weapon ATK +X% and DEX +X% (for rogue/archer, similar for others), but I'm not 100% if that's all there is to it

JigsawX

So jealous of your guys drop rates, dropped 260 shoes today and my haul for Attack was 6"A's, 2 S's and 4 SSS sighting, 3 being the chest

After I typed this I did another run and saw another SSS in the chest so 5 sightings, 4 being the chest.

garath

Had a decent night last night. Stayed up a bit later than usual and used about 100 shoes. Got level 62 and two brightspark essences both of which gave me a level on brightspark Woot. She's +4 now. That makes 7 essences to get +4. I'll take that. Was unfortunate using 4 to get a plus 1.

Having a Draco has made it a little more fun. Was getting bored.

Salamande

Combined for Pirate King Byron. I was looking for another tank for Labyrinth and to try out the Priest formation, so that worked out well. Finally broke stage 30!

Goroh

The new raid is terrifying. Can't take down the adds in 5 seconds? ALL DEAD.

And they spawn faster than my ultimate meteor cooldown. Just wtf.

arevin01

I was able to reach lab 40. That gets you in top 1%. Currently sitting out rank 69. I switched out Shabelle for Mercedes because I liked her immunity passive and debuff better.

Sheep mage
Mercedes +4
Bright spark max
DBS max
Tyran Max

This week seems to be a slow week for Arena as I have 6k and sitting at number 25. I plan to always stay 1k above the number 50 guy so I can get the title for my rogue and call it a day.

Top Bottom