• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just found this game and just started. Seems pretty fun...must resist the always present urge to spend a few bucks on pulls :)

Sent the invite. Thanks :)

edit: Wow. I just don't see how I'm going to get through this last stage of Hero. In normal, the dual healer strat was able to keep me up through the second form, then using a helper healer pushed me through the second form no issues. This time I can barely make it to the first form. I just spent 60 tickets grinding raids to enhance my whole team's equipment and I'm still struggling.

Not even sure what to do. I guess grind a little to level 42 at least.

Maybe try a single target healer as my second healer instead of two group heals. Might be better. But I'll have to gear up the healer :(

Jeebus this sounds scary

I think you may also have to Max Enhance your core team. Thats a 60% performance boost to all characters that are S or higher. Start with the healers?

garath

Jeebus this sounds scary

I think you may also have to Max Enhance your core team. Thats a 60% performance boost to all characters that are S or higher. Start with the healers?

My core team is all SS except my tank who is max enhance S. Though I COULD enhance my second healer. Might be a good idea.

I'm afraid of enhancing the SS. Going to be costly. But that's probably the best approach now. Going to start enhancing my SS healer. Sigh. Grinding a bit a leveling a S rank healer with single target heal and poison. Maybe that's the right second healer for my team and this challenge.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sent the invite. Thanks :)

edit: Wow. I just don't see how I'm going to get through this last stage of Hero. In normal, the dual healer strat was able to keep me up through the second form, then using a helper healer pushed me through the second form no issues. This time I can barely make it to the first form. I just spent 60 tickets grinding raids to enhance my whole team's equipment and I'm still struggling.

Not even sure what to do. I guess grind a little to level 42 at least.

Maybe try a single target healer as my second healer instead of two group heals. Might be better. But I'll have to gear up the healer :(

I used a single target and aoe for my core team. All were SS+1 other than the aoe healer who was S+MAX. The fight is crazy hard. I used heal and revive scrolls to survive up to Gram then popped the helper as soon as the fight started.

There is no second form to Hero Gram. Also he only summons reinforcements 3 times. If your healer helper can keep you alive through the 3 reinforcement waves then it is smooth sailing.

My core team is all SS except my tank who is max enhance S. Though I COULD enhance my second healer. Might be a good idea.

I'm afraid of enhancing the SS. Going to be costly. But that's probably the best approach now. Going to start enhancing my SS healer. Sigh. Grinding a bit a leveling a S rank healer with single target heal and poison. Maybe that's the right second healer for my team and this challenge.

Yeah its a pain. Basically ned to grind out so much gold, FP summons and pray for frequent ally spawns

Even then you are mostly dealing with C's and the like. Ugh... The second SS unit I got was the damn Desert Knoll.... I thought he looked ok on paper but hes been mostly a disappointment

Thats the shitty thing about SS. They have nice base stats but without enhancing and great gear they dont end up as useful as maxed S unless they are sitting on some sick skills

garath

I used a single target and aoe for my core team. All were SS+1 other than the aoe healer who was S+MAX. The fight is crazy hard. I used heal and revive scrolls to survive up to Gram then popped the helper as soon as the fight started.

There is no second form to Hero Gram. Also he only summons reinforcements 3 times. If your healer helper can keep you alive through the 3 reinforcement waves then it is smooth sailing.

UGHH. Lol. I should have researched. I wish I knew this. Thanks for the tip :)

I can make it to him with some calculated use of hp scrolls. I unlocked a third slot so I can bring more HP scrolls. I think with the single target second healer and maybe one more level + a decent leveled helper (I used you and never even got to bring you out sigh) I can knock it down.

I'm not even sure where to begin with enhancing the SS. C is 1%, B is 10%. I have very few As left, no Bs and a ton of Cs.

sensui-tomo

I'm not even sure where to begin with enhancing the SS. C is 1%, B is 10%. I have very few As left, no Bs and a ton of Cs.
Time to grind those Cs into Bs into As into Ss and use them.... Rapport grinding time. Yeah i just got into the hero city missions, not looking forward to the last 2 dungeons. I ended up using the arena rubies on summons, RNGeesus was not pleased with me, using the rubies i get from lab on second item pouch, then i still need to find accessories to buff everyone up with. Still got a team of SS and been going through this hero run without need of my S healer (single heal and debuff), but i've realized that if something breaks through my tough 2 tanks ... it just means i need more def, and to enhance my tank some more.

I can make it to him with some calculated use of hp scrolls. I unlocked a third slot so I can bring more HP scrolls. I think with the single target second healer and maybe one more level + a decent leveled helper (I used you and never even got to bring you out sigh) I can knock it down.

Might be faster to max and combine As for 50% S combines..... errr.. Or just force burn A's all day

ugh there really isnt a good option

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Use an A initially. If it fails you have plenty of bonus % to start feeding Cs.

Using this strategy is the best way to enhance SS and SSS. Build up bonus % on fails and then unleash the C army.

Use an A initially. If it fails you have plenty of bonus % to start feeding Cs.

Using this strategy is the best way to enhance SS and SSS. Build up bonus % on fails and then unleash the C army.

Sounds expensive Gold wise

Then again its expensive either way you slice it

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sounds expensive Gold wise

Then again its expensive either way you slice it

It is expensive in a way.
But then again at this level getting 50k in labyrinth is normal and that nets 10k per run. (30 tickets gets you 150k)
You also get 1-3k gold per story mission in legend.

Feeder units are harder to farm than gold.

shmoglish

I recently unlocked that Raid Boss (the Desert Dragon) and the girl at the tabern sent me to the Fortress to talk to some dude whose name I can't remember.

Have you already talked to him?

Thank you, but now I am sure it is a bug. I started a second character (a mage) and finished the secont questline. It was possible to enter the fortress and the third questline was added. Also I am at chapter 20-23 now, while my first character is still at chapter 6.

Flambe

Finally got a SS tank to go with all my dps, woot lol. Now to gear everyone up and finish this damn Hero difficulty

garath

Progress! Got through two waves of adds in the final boss fight. Almost got through it. For some reason though it wasn't letting me use my hp scrolls initially though. Wasn't able to until AFTER I revived. I'm actually thinking two sets of revive and one set of hp would be best with a healer friend.

Need to shore up the defense on my archer DPS though. Everyone was living up to the boss except her.

Helper friend didn't last nearly long enough too :/ Going to be a tough fight no matter how I approach it I think. Definitely a little better off now after grinding equipment and enhancement levels all day.

Finally got a SS tank to go with all my dps, woot lol. Now to gear everyone up and finish this damn Hero difficulty

Niiiiice. I'm jealous. SS tank would be huge.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Progress! Got through two waves of adds in the final boss fight. Almost got through it. For some reason though it wasn't letting me use my hp scrolls initially though. Wasn't able to until AFTER I revived. I'm actually thinking two sets of revive and one set of hp would be best with a healer friend.

Need to shore up the defense on my archer DPS though. Everyone was living up to the boss except her.

Helper friend didn't last nearly long enough too :/ Going to be a tough fight no matter how I approach it I think. Definitely a little better off now after grinding equipment and enhancement levels all day.

Niiiiice. I'm jealous. SS tank would be huge.

You can't use hp scrolls when your main is dead.

KimChi

I did 25 pulls and got a duplicate of my SS healer ._. 2 S and all A's more fodder I guess lol. And I looked away from reward screen at deathcrown being distracted by something else and both times someone took the chest I was aiming for and it had the SS off hand for priest/mage I was wanting -_- blah.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
SS from friend point summon?

NQHKSVE.gif

Can't even get any Bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMYuwmNRbMs#t=1m28s

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That's the thing that confused me. He wasn't. Unless there was some really funky server lag. That wouldn't surprise me.

I have noticed weirdness with this too. Best to use early than late.
I did notice that in this game damage is registered before the animation happens. You will see the hp drop to 0, then the 2 seconds of animation play while the character is frozen.

garath

Ok. I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Team is now level 42 and looks like:

Me - Rogue
SS red priest +1 - all heal/revive/debuff removal
SS archer
S healer +2 - single target heal/AoE poison
S tank MAX

Everyone has mostly SS level gear at least +2 if not higher. I guess I can grind more if I need to but man. There's not much else I can do. XP to 42 was REAL slow and I must have used 150+ raid tickets today.

edit: and we did it. Success my friends. Legend achieved. Another thing to note was I used 2 revival scrolls and one heal as inventory. Previously I was using two hp and one revival. That was super important to switch up as well.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ok. I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Team is now level 42 and looks like:

Me - Rogue
SS red priest +1 - all heal/revive/debuff removal
SS archer
S healer +2 - single target heal/AoE poison
S tank MAX

Everyone has mostly SS level gear at least +2 if not higher. I guess I can grind more if I need to but man. There's not much else I can do. XP to 42 was REAL slow and I must have used 150+ raid tickets today.

No reason to grind more character levels. The best you can do now is to max the SS healer and the S healer. A non maxed S rank will likely get creamed pretty quick.
If anything use your tickets on labyrinth to get gold to add more +x to your units. The 10% stat boost from another + is better than then boost from another piece of gear.

EDIT: Grats! Does the third slot revival scroll have its own independent cooldown? Not sure if I should spring for it yet.

garath

No reason to grind more character levels. The best you can do now is to max the SS healer and the S healer. A non maxed S rank will likely get creamed pretty quick.

If anything use your tickets on labyrinth to get gold to add more +x to your units. The 10% stat boost from another + is better than then boost from another piece of gear.

Good point. The character enhancements are really potent.

It's more fodder I'm missing now than gold though. I've been pretty healthy around 100k + or -. I'm just almost out of A ranks, completely out of B and the C aren't much use without the others.

Still, the extra level and better gear did seem to help. That was MUCH easier than the previous runs. I was only in danger of wiping maybe once or twice when my healer friend had expired.

edit: Yes, the third slot has its own cooldown. I didn't need it but it was available to use even while the first was on cooldown.

garath

Level 30 warrior stuck on last battle on normal. Don't have any healers higher than A. Boooo

Use two healers for that fight. Plus a higher level healer friend if you can. Don't summon the friend until after the bosses first form.

Grind on deserted tower last level if you need to. The boss has waves that can increase the XP reward as well as possibly having decent loot.

Work on combining those spare A ranks into S. An S rank healer will make a big difference.

johnsmith

remember me
I like it, but there's even less gameplay than Chain Chronicle or FFRK. You can literally autobattle through everything.

Really bad luck today. Got my first SS, and of course it's a DPS warrior. Then I get an S Tank, who has no taunts or damage reduction.

Kitoro

I like it, but there's even less gameplay than Chain Chronicle or FFRK. You can literally autobattle through everything.

While this is true, I found the gameplay in Chain Chronicle to feel so mind-numbing and poor, that I wished I could have always just gotten by on auto. :p Even FFRK got old for me so fast, that I ended up ditching healers and casters altogether to just over level melee fighters and auto through.

At least DB realizes that F2P gameplay is usually so shallow, and merely hinders the grind and decided to just remove that hindrance entirely, IMO.

This game has singlehandedly caused me to miss my consecutive login bonuses of 200+ days each for CC, FFRK, OPTC, TB, and BF, and I've lost all my desire to go back to any of them currently.

Kitoro

Just beat Legend mode last night, and finally mustered up the courage to fuse away my favorite all star SS units to get my second and third SSS units. My first was Ackard, one of the legendary Hero Allies, and he is incredible, but my recent two SSS are of the lesser tier of their class. Oh well, that's gacha for ya.

Here's my character and team:

2015-05-27.jpg

2015-05-27.jpg

Now I can look forward to getting one more SSS to round out my team, and then slowly get more and replace the lesser tier SSS with any additional Hero Allies I may be lucky enough to obtain.

For those wondering, Hero Allies are the ones at the very top section of the "Folio" menu, found in the bottom left corner of the Ally screen. These units have slightly to moderately higher stats and better abilities than the SSS units found in other sections.

Ventara

^WOW! That seems like such an amazing team! Seriously, great job on getting those guys. I'm still trucking through Normal, lol.

wapplew

Just beat Legend mode last night, and finally mustered up the courage to fuse away my favorite all star SS units to get my second and third SSS units. My first was Ackard, one of the legendary Hero Allies, and he is incredible, but my recent two SSS are of the lesser tier of their class. Oh well, that's gacha for ya.

2015-05-27.jpg

2015-05-27.jpg

Now I can look forward to getting one more SSS to round out my team, and then slowly get more and replace the lesser tier SSS with any additional Hero Allies I may be lucky enough to obtain.

For those wondering, Hero Allies are the ones at the very top section of the "Folio" menu, found in the bottom left corner of the Ally screen. These units have slightly to moderately higher stats and better abilities than the SSS units found in other sections.

What's the best way to enhance SS? I got full team of SS now, looking to make a SSS.

Sciel

What's the best way to enhance SS? I got full team of SS now, looking to make a SSS.
At lower enhance ranks (1-4) i've found it best to use 2-3 A units. If they fail, you've at least got some bonus % you can use to spam B/C ranks with.

Just beat Hero Mode and onto Legend >:) !

Current team:

Screenshot_2015_05_28_13_42_25_1.png

Vitanimus

can someone explain how arena rewards work? it says I'm at rank #2064 (15%) but the reward says my best rank is like rank #7245 or something, and gives me the reward for being top 40% instead.

Anyone got a new referral code, one in OP is all used up. Can you enter that in later or do you have to do it at the start of a character?

draw4wild

can someone explain how arena rewards work? it says I'm at rank #2064 (15%) but the reward says my best rank is like rank #7245 or something, and gives me the reward for being top 40% instead.

Arena only cares about what your rank is at the Tuesday morning reset. If you can maintain top 15% all week you will be able to claim the rewards next Tuesday

garath

2015-05-27.jpg

2015-05-27.jpg

That's an awesome looking team. We're friends right? lol

I don't have any SSS yet. I'm in Legend and level 43. One more SS to finish my team of full SS though. I'm just not sure how I'm going to keep the fodder coming to keep combining. I just pulled another 250 rubies worth yesterday to fill out the A ranks but those will go fast as I combine to get another SS. :/

I don't even care that much about gold anymore. I get about 8-9k per lab run so it's just a time sink more than anything. Doesn't take much to get another 100k in the coffers.

I still have a lot of enhancing and combining to do :/

acct: garath1
char: Garyck

If anyone wants to friend me and/or referral.

edit: Dammit! I JUST missed the top 1% for Labyrinth :( I finished at rank 658. So sad. I thought I had it when I broke 48k points last night.

draw4wild

That's an awesome looking team. We're friends right? lol

I don't even care that much about gold anymore. I get about 8-9k per lab run so it's just a time sink more than anything. Doesn't take much to get another 100k in the coffers.

I've started doing labyrinth as I drive to and from work, I just have to hit try again every 5 minutes.

I've hit a wall at heroic king gram. Triple rain of arrows from his adds eat my team up. Almost level 42 so I'll just grind that out
My team:
SS+2 dark lance (tank)
SS hunter misty (rogue)
SS dark curse (Mage)
S+5 priest rinran ( ae heal/revive)
I have an S single target priest I can sub in for dark curse
Plan to max out both priests and maybe get a +1 on rogue but other than that I just have to power thru, I only have 1 lvl 50 priest friend and 1 lvl 50 warrior

garath

I've started doing labyrinth as I drive to and from work, I just have to hit try again every 5 minutes.

I've hit a wall at heroic king gram. Triple rain of arrows from his adds eat my team up. Almost level 42 so I'll just grind that out
My team:
SS+2 dark lance (tank)
SS hunter misty (rogue)
SS dark curse (Mage)
S+5 priest rinran ( ae heal/revive)
I have an S single target priest I can sub in for dark curse
Plan to max out both priests and maybe get a +1 on rogue but other than that I just have to power thru, I only have 1 lvl 50 priest friend and 1 lvl 50 warrior

The double healer is a must imo. Strongest aoe/revive healer you have + the strongest single target healer.

Outside of that, team looks good. I had to grind to level 42 and I spent quite a bit of time fleshing out my entire team's gear. I also took a level 46 healer friend. Just surviving the AoE burst from king gram's adds was key. Whittled him down from there.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Woot! Got 1% labrynth reward this week. Already beat my high score this week.

Man. No one is raiding the fairy dragon in Legend :(

That is because there isn't any point. It doesn't drop any SSS or accessories. A waste of tickets.

garath

Woot! Got 1% labrynth reward this week. Already beat my high score this week.

That is because there isn't any point. It doesn't drop any SSS or accessories. A waste of tickets.

Does Storm Tyrant? All these tickets and nothing to do with it. Guess I just push through legend asap.

Man. No one is raiding the fairy dragon in Legend :(

Legend raids are going to be slim picking Id imagine

At least for awhile assuming the population for this game stays healthy

Hero is pretty solid at the moment.

Im at the Castle entrance! Gonna be a bit before I can take Gram but I have the roots of a solid team building up. I do desperately need another healer....

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Legend raids are going to be slim picking Id imagine

At least for awhile assuming the population for this game stays healthy

Hero is pretty solid at the moment.

Im at the Castle entrance! Gonna be a bit before I can take Gram but I have the roots of a solid team building up. I do desperately need another healer....

Legend raids are solid. I can always get a group through matchmaking. Its just the komodo raid that is useless.

Top Bottom