• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

I remember thinking of fusing away the wolf healer and peeps said to keep. No content needs two healers though right? Are people thinking of dps healing for stuff?

If I have 3 Draco party and patta as my tank then the only upgrades are going to be angels / bodens I imagine.

dps healing for hydra.

Chaos17

I am not hyped at all for season 3 mechas because I liked to have the choice of who I want to make.
But that changed now with those mechas... They're kinda obligatory to stay competitive in the top ranking, at least in Korea.

In this pic (below), do you see the black borders around the portrait ? That represent the character who got a mecha.
11960155_713303052135010_7564173339792219797_n.jpg

Pic with a full team of mechas in arena : warrior, rogue, healer and paladin.
10629843_713303348801647_9084252217773966396_n.jpg

They can even be used on WB.
11935021_713303632134952_5770848792701714270_n.jpg

Here, we can see a team of mecha in the new pvp ground (some kind of attack player base and defeat his 3 waves of allies)
11988626_713305228801459_4214178178657134099_n.jpg

Another screenshots of how much meta team matter in in the top % of arena in Korea.
11949440_713307588801223_2040456862844718022_n.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm okay if it's the top 50 or 100 with all those uber characters (like those who have ultimate teams). I will be content to fight over the scraps with the rest of the poor players haha

RedZone

Neo Member
I am not hyped at all for season 3 mechas because I liked to have the choice of who I want to make.
But that changed now with those mechas... They're kinda obligatory to stay competitive in the top ranking, at least in Korea.

In this pic (below), do you see the black borders around the portrait ? That represent the character who got a mecha.
11960155_713303052135010_7564173339792219797_n.jpg

Pic with a full team of mechas in arena : warrior, rogue, healer and paladin.
10629843_713303348801647_9084252217773966396_n.jpg

They can even be used on WB.
11935021_713303632134952_5770848792701714270_n.jpg

Here, we can see a team of mecha in the new pvp ground (some kind of attack player base and defeat his 3 waves of allies)
11988626_713305228801459_4214178178657134099_n.jpg

Another screenshots of how much meta team matter in in the top % of arena in Korea.
11949440_713307588801223_2040456862844718022_n.jpg

theres always going to be a best possible team, and unless you are a heavy heavy spender it doesnt really impact you all that much, most of us will be fighting for those top 1/5% ranks at best

Chaos17

theres always going to be a best possible team, and unless you are a heavy heavy spender it doesnt really impact you all that much, most of us will be fighting for those top 1/5% ranks at best

There will be not anymore best possible teams/comp if it's will be mechas, only, imo.
Also, top 1% DO include the mechas team you know. That's not just Top 50 lol.

WTF is a mecha and how do I get one, haha.

1 each of angel, boden, draco. Same class, all ultimate. Then yiu get an item that goes to the right of the ally's skill card. Then your ally will randomly transform into the mecha.

You probably saw them called dragon buster

commish

1 each of angel, boden, draco. Same class, all ultimate. Then yiu get an item that goes to the right of the ally's skill card. Then your ally will randomly transform into the mecha.

You probably saw them called dragon buster

Oh the dragon buster thingies. Yes. One of each, and all ultimates, is a tall order unless they get better with giving our free SSS.

Oh the dragon buster thingies. Yes. One of each, and all ultimates, is a tall order unless they get better with giving our free SSS.

Looks like we're gonna get 1 SSS a month and 3-4 SS a month just from attendance bonuses and friend invite bonuses. So that's 3 SSS a month without even combining S's into SS and going up. You can probably get another 3 / month from that even if you're f2p. So that's 6 SSS / month, assuming it doesn't get any easier from what it already is. So I think it should be possible.

RedZone

Neo Member
There will be not anymore best possible teams/comp if it's will be mechas, only, imo.
Also, top 1% DO include the mechas team you know. That's not just Top 50 lol.

ya but top 1% wont be all mecha, and if it is itll probably be due to low participation so it will still be top 100ish ppl, season 3 is so far away anyway, we havent even begun angels yet and youre thinking 6months in advance haha

Looks like we're gonna get 1 SSS a month and 3-4 SS a month just from attendance bonuses and friend invite bonuses. So that's 3 SSS a month without even combining S's into SS and going up. You can probably get another 3 / month from that even if you're f2p. So that's 6 SSS / month, assuming it doesn't get any easier from what it already is. So I think it should be possible.

ya assuming the dragon buster/mechas come out roughly 6+ months from now its possible for f2p to get one by then, the main problem is getting 3 ultimates from the same class, probably not the greatest strategy for f2p since your team wont be terribly balanced

commish

Yeah, that's true, we do have some time. I need to start planning on my upgrades now though. Do we know if a summoner counts as a mage?

In other news, I thought a score of 1m would be good enough for top 1% in the world boss. Seems it won't be this week unless a few thousand more people sign up.

Originally was going to use my priest healing for hydra with 4 dps. Can also do blackaria with rogue but I think priest magnify is better though. Do you think its worth to max out the wolf healer to try?

Yea, that's a good question. If your priest can keep up with the heals that might still be best.

Chaos17

Gamevil USA, just woke up and announced a stream to preview new patch :

Gem System Patch Preview

Broadcasting Live, This Friday, 09/04/15 at 5:00PM PDT

Showcasing the all the new content from the next Dragon Blaze update! Featuring a guide on the new Gem System!

The patch is expected to be released on 09/08/15. More details to be announced soon.

www.Twitch.tv/GAMEVIL_USA[1]

* Please note - release dates, content featured, etc. may be subject to change.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3j8w5u/twitchtv_upcoming_patch_preview_gem_system/

commish

So would you use the wolf healer as fodder than?

Honestly, I wouldn't because I think he looks awesome. Haha, that matters to me, and he's a good character to boot. That said, odds are, if you have a Blackaria, you'll never need or use another healer.

What's your Atk Speed and Crit Rate?

Attack speed is 67 and crit is 43%. I didn't unlock my last two accessory slots yet, so I could drop some more + attack speed accessories in there. My priest was only level 60 last week and I was hitting 2m on hydra, iirc. Now that she's 64 I hope I can do better.

Honestly, I wouldn't because I think he looks awesome. Haha, that matters to me, and he's a good character to boot. That said, odds are, if you have a Blackaria, you'll never need or use another healer.

Attack speed is 67 and crit is 43%. I didn't unlock my last two accessory slots yet, so I could drop some more + attack speed accessories in there. My priest was only level 60 last week and I was hitting 2m on hydra, iirc. Now that she's 64 I hope I can do better.

Ahh If I remember correctly you have an Archer Ur or some other kind of additional defense down unit don't you?

Yaari

Yeah I use a priest in my reserve slot for Arena but even there, I don't feel I need it at all. If I pick my opponents, that priest is not really going to save me.

I'm pretty much set on El Rio now. I don't have an archer for Bloodwind at the moment and since the Mech stuff requires the units to be ultimate, I can probably ULT El Rio once I get the essences.

garath

Since my only Draco is BS, I'm probably going to make the summoner angel for future mecha. Minimize the amount of work I need to do to create them.

The example earlier of a f2p person making upwards of 6 SSS per month is a very dedicated player and not really in my reach. I typically make 1-3 per month depending on how lucky I get with my enhances and how much I dedicate myself to placing high in the arena. The rest of the weekly events I don't really control my fate. I can only do what I can do with the team I have.

Since my only Draco is BS, I'm probably going to make the summoner angel for future mecha. Minimize the amount of work I need to do to create them.

The example earlier of a f2p person making upwards of 6 SSS per month is a very dedicated player and not really in my reach. I typically make 1-3 per month depending on how lucky I get with my enhances and how much I dedicate myself to placing high in the arena. The rest of the weekly events I don't really control my fate. I can only do what I can do with the team I have.

Right, you make 1-3 per month. The others 3 are basically given to you. (Well, one of them is given to you, and in the other case 3-4 SS are given to you, but you do still have to enhance those).

In your case you're at a disadvantage since you're missing roughly 30 A's per month due to the 9PM bonus. That alone would be enough to enhance 2 or 3 SS to max.

garath

Right, you make 1-3 per month. The others 3 are basically given to you. (Well, one of them is given to you, and in the other case 3-4 SS are given to you, but you do still have to enhance those).

In your case you're at a disadvantage since you're missing roughly 30 A's per month due to the 9PM bonus. That alone would be enough to enhance 2 or 3 SS to max.

Yeah. We'll get a freebie this month and a few more SS which dont necessarily translate to immediate SSS unfortunately. The fodder required (a combo of A and B) are the bottleneck only solved by playing more. I generally have 4-5 SS just sitting there lacking the fodder. I've never once ran out of SS.

Missing those As hurt. Doesn't look like they are doing that again this month though? I complained in that thread and deathcrown basically said they have no control over the times. Terrible.

I was on the fence about upgrading Bloodwind to this new Bow+Armor since there was no Crit Rate or Crit Damage on the bow, and no DEX on the armor. But after doing the math on the upgraded stats, adding everything together, and factoring in the old and new set bonus, this looks like a pretty good upgrade.

Code:
                     Current         Proposed        Difference:
Weapon ATK           690-917        1049-1198            +320
Critical Rate           22.9             15.1            -7.8
Def Pen.                30.9             58.8           +27.9
Accuracy                25.6             28.2            +2.6
Cold Damage            155.1                0          -155.1
Boss Add. Dmg              0            417.2          +417.2

STA                       78             85.6            +7.6
DEF                      867           1178.6          +311.6
All Resist               9.2            14.06           +4.86
Max HP                  3000                0           -3000
Immunity                19.0             34.2           +15.2

So I think I'm gonna go ahead and go for it. Hopefully it'll improve my world boss score some.

Edit: Ok I did it. Here's my old and new final stats

Code:
              Old         New        Difference:
ATK           9751        10249        +498
ATK SPD         91           92          +1
DEF           2007         2320        +313
HP           36003        33643       -2360

CRIT DMG     94.3%        94.3%       +0.0%
CRIT Rate    48.5%        45.7%       -2.8%
ACC          40.4%        41.2%       +0.8%
DEF Pen      23.4%        36.1%      +12.7%

DEF Rate     52.1%        56.1%       +4.0%
EVA          60.5%        60.5%         +0%
Immunity     15.9%        25.2%       +9.3%

So, it seems like a win. I'm not super thrilled about the HP reduction, but hopefully the extra defensive stats will make up for it. I'm definitely excited about the Defense Penetration and base atk increases.

wapplew

This mech thing really limit everyone play style. Just like slowly release 2 Angels, everyone will get the same Angels and it's boring.

Salamande

Aww, yeah, just got that free 3 day xp booster! Totally forgot about it! That'll help me get my priest in fighting shape.

And, whoever said that the Deathcrown essences seem to drop more often was absolutely right. I seem to get one every other session. Got literally twice as many as any other essence.

Limit

With my Graysoul and Blackaria at max and Bloodwind one shy away from same status the next 15 sss coming my way in next few months have their destiny set in stone.

15 SSS. That's quite a lot. One ultimate draco a month; most likely.

Edit: Oh, I was wondering if there is some decent ascended tank unit coming anytime soon. That's one class I am lacking but don't want to go draco DC route because he just seems so bland.

Ventara

Finally back home! Got a lot of catching up to do. Can't believe some of you are working towards your 4th ascended unit. I'm still slumming it up with one. Also need to get to 64.

Anyways, saw the monthly bonuses and I'm glad we finally switched to an SSS unit on the 28th day. Also, it's pretty awesome we get 2 SS units and Experience potions in the GM rewards. I was planning to buy one of those potions to catch up faster, so it works out well for me.

goober

Need some advice. I have a Freyd I want to turn into Greysoul. I have 12 essences for him.

I also have a Turq and 18 Brightspark essences.

I figure the Freyd to Greysoul would be a bigger upgrade considering Freyd isn't really useful other than to help farm gold.

Turq is useful as she is already. I also got a Pari that I was going to use as fodder, but I was also thinking of making her into Brightspark, but that would delay me a bit.

Any thoughts?

Ventara

Need some advice. I have a Freyd I want to turn into Greysoul. I have 12 essences for him.

I also have a Turq and 18 Brightspark essences.

I figure the Freyd to Greysoul would be a bigger upgrade considering Freyd isn't really useful other than to help farm gold.

Turq is useful as she is already. I also got a Pari that I was going to use as fodder, but I was also thinking of making her into Brightspark, but that would delay me a bit.

Any thoughts?

What's the rest of your team like? I think most people here like BS, but I'm personally going for GS. Though that's because I'm aiming for a Blackaria + Kamiel + 3 ascended rogues team, which would set me up for the mecha rogue, and I think the 3 rogues would be a pretty killer DPS team.

If you already have Freyd maxed, I'd say go for GS, and if not, at least save him for another ascended rogue as it'd be a waste to use as fodder.

goober

What's the rest of your team like? I think most people here like BS, but I'm personally going for GS. Though that's because I'm aiming for a Blackaria + Kamiel + 3 ascended rogues team, which would set me up for the mecha rogue, and I think the 3 rogues would be a pretty killer DPS team.

If you already have Freyd maxed, I'd say go for GS, and if not, at least save him for another ascended rogue as it'd be a waste to use as fodder.

Freyd Max
Turq Max
Porin Max
Mercedes Max
Ackard Max
Deathcrown Max
Gram +3

Pari
Konfi
Percy
Dupe Porin

Ventara

Freyd Max
Turq Max
Porin Max
Mercedes Max
Ackard Max
Deathcrown Max
Gram +3

Pari
Konfi
Percy
Dupe Porin

Ackard and DC have good single-target damage with their skills (though they also have AOE skills). Honestly, if I were you, I'd ascend Porin, and round out the other 3 slots with Turq, Ackard and DC. Mercedes/Freyd can take the 5th slot until you're ready for your next ascension.

If you're dead set on GS/BS, GS if you're anything other than a rogue, BS if you're a rogue. BS has better overall use, though. Are you lacking in anything in terms of weekly rankings?

goober

Ackard and DC have good single-target damage with their skills (though they also have AOE skills). Honestly, if I were you, I'd ascend Porin, and round out the other 3 slots with Turq, Ackard and DC. Mercedes/Freyd can take the 5th slot until you're ready for your next ascension.

If you're dead set on GS/BS, GS if you're anything other than a rogue, BS if you're a rogue. BS has better overall use, though. Are you lacking in anything in terms of weekly rankings?

Struggle with World Boss the most. Top 10% but steadily declining.

Yaari

My problem with WB is that I have Draco Deathcrown, Blackaria, and a reserve slot with a trash character in it. That's 3 slots that could have something much better.

I really want to place top 1% but its not happening anytime soon unfortunately.

Whizkid7

Fused for my third SSS dupe in a row last night. Pitch, again. Which is actually okay since now I can use them for angel fodder. Heh, it's kidna funny. Bloodwind came from Pitch and now so will El Rio.

garath

I got bumped out of 10% for WB again :( I need to do something to fix that. Draco BS got me back into the 10% but I'm flailing again. Bring on those angels.

Gah, it looks like I'm going to get pushed out of top 50 in Labyrinth today, I'm like 46 right now. It's so frustrating because I always end up at like 55 or 57 or something else ridiculously close to 50. And this week I got like 50-60k higher than last week and still not enough with the power bump from everyone else being level 64 also.

Top Bottom