• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

Dumbest shit lol. I love it though, one less whale in Arena.
Should've just put it on eBay. That kind of account is probably rare there.
Better than making a video nobody cares for.

Dumbest shit lol. I love it though, one less whale in Arena.
Should've just put it on eBay. That kind of account is probably rare there.
Better than making a video nobody cares for.

He was on Asia fwiw, so he won't be affecting us over on US server. But yea, I know what you mean. In any case, I have to imagine that someone who has spent that much already probably doesn't care about the money. Had to have been at least a $5k account.

Whizkid7

Man that's literally like burning a pile of money.

joker-burning-money-in-tdk.jpg

Reminds me of my Puzzles & Dragons days....

Whizkid7

Oh man I spent a lot of money and time on that game. Was fun though

Me too, but I ultimately grew tired of it because of the specific team comps you needed to clear parts of the endgame and 99% of them were from the premium summons. The teams I liked using weren't viable for any of that.

Chaos17

I am trying to get red boss card from daly dungeon since lunch time (with the regen only) and no luck so far (9 : 40 pm).

garath

Rng going to rng. Got another brightspark essence finally and thought I'd use am S just to make sure. Fail again. BS still stuck at +4 with a 36% enhance bonus now lol. Sigh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know it's been said before, but if you want to place highly in Arena, it *really* pays off to get your fights in early.

I'm at roughly the same arena score right now as I was last week, but in 150 less fights. Getting 30 to 35 points a fight is huge.

I know it's been said before, but if you want to place highly in Arena, it *really* pays off to get your fights in early.

I'm at roughly the same arena score right now as I was last week, but in 150 less fights. Getting 30 to 35 points a fight is huge.

You can also do a lot of challenges when you start early

Chaos17

Not drama just people who're paranoid because they're loosing their rank to a rival.
So they're taking the excuse that they're loosing it because the community manager, Deathcrown is probably giving priviledges for his guild (mode paranoid ON!) without any proof.
They're just seeking an excuse to blame for their lost.

For example, they're so paranoid that they swear (without any source) that their rival guild Crismon had some shout on on the Twitch streams... come on, Deathcrown is not even part of the hosts, he wasn't even in the stream of the Mobacrush.

commish

Not drama just people who're paranoid because they're loosing their rank to a rival.
So they're taking the excuse that they're loosing it because the community manager, Deathcrown is probably giving priviledges for his guild (mode paranoid ON!) without any proof.
They're just seeking an excuse to blame for their lost.

Umm but he mentioned the guild name in the official streams!! OMFG! Unfair!

garath

Yep. I got my mandatory 3500 for 5% today. Took around 90 fights. Its almost impossible to even get 3500 later in the week due to the multitudes of high level teams all over that range. Right now there are still some really soft teams with under enhanced SSS units and few dracos.

I don't think the Lollypops ever gave me anything above the minimum summon that I'm promised, sigh.

I've turned in probably 20 of them for summons. I've gotten 1 level above the minimum twice i think. I kind of expected this going in, but on the bright side, at least I was able to use the result rather than just having to trash it as with the skill cards.

arevin01

Rng going to rng. Got another brightspark essence finally and thought I'd use am S just to make sure. Fail again. BS still stuck at +4 with a 36% enhance bonus now lol. Sigh.

Save and and wait for the 50% enhance bonus. I think I might have enough to make 3 new SSS fodders Sunday lol. I'm now ranking in some top 5% and 1% so making SSS has become a lot easier.

Lmao, I remember one of the top guilds accusing the other during the old guild battle times for setting up a separate guild with low level characters to farm wins, so silly over a phone game no less.

When you think about how much money the guilds have collectively invested, it's not as silly anymore. Although you could still argue that the amount of money is what's silly.

Edit: If everyone quits, maybe that will make world boss, labyrinth, and guild battle easier :D

RedZone

Neo Member
When you think about how much money the guilds have collectively invested, it's not as silly anymore. Although you could still argue that the amount of money is what's silly.

Edit: If everyone quits, maybe that will make world boss, labyrinth, and guild battle easier :D

it will make getting top 50 easier if your were top 1% before but it will be worse for everyone else since top 5% will be like top 100 or so lol

it will make getting top 50 easier if your were top 1% before but it will be worse for everyone else since top 5% will be like top 100 or so lol

Not really. Look at it like this.

Suppose N people quit the game, and all N people score higher than you. You move up by N rankings (i.e. your ranking gets closer to 0), and the population decreases by N.

Before, your rank was X / P, and now your rank is (X-N) / (P-N). Which is bigger (i.e. worse)? The answer is that the OLD ranking is worse, but here's how you prove it in case you need convincing.

Code:
  X           X - N
------   ?  --------
  P           P - N

The goal is to find out whether the ? is a > or a <

X(P-N) ? P(X-N)
XP - XN ? XP - PN
-XN ? -PN
PN ? XN
P ? X

Since P is the total population, P > X. This shows that your old percent (before everyone quit) is higher (i.e. worse) than your new percent. Meaning you will get a better percentage as well.

Concrete example: There's 15,210 people, and you get 160. 25 people quit. Now there's 15,185 people and you get 135. Before you were 1.05%, now you get .89%

RedZone

Neo Member
Not really. Look at it like this.

Suppose N people quit the game, and all N people score higher than you. You move up by N rankings (i.e. your ranking gets closer to 0), and the population decreases by N.

Before, your rank was X / P, and now your rank is (X-N) / (P-N). Which is bigger (i.e. worse)? The answer is that the OLD ranking is worse, but here's how you prove it in case you need convincing.

Code:
  X           X - N
------   ?  --------
  P           P - N

The goal is to find out whether the ? is a > or a <

X(P-N) ? P(X-N)
XP - XN ? XP - PN
-XN ? -PN
PN ? XN
P ? X

Since P is the total population, P > X. This shows that your old percent (before everyone quit) is higher (i.e. worse) than your new percent. Meaning you will get a better percentage as well.

Concrete example: There's 15,210 people, and you get 160. 25 people quit. Now there's 15,185 people and you get 135. Before you were 1.05%, now you get .89%

thats assuming only ppl above you quit though, and the real problem is that unless you spend to maintain the rank some one slighlty lower can always drop a few 100$ and jump right over, i think ideally 10k noobs join then everyones rank becomes nicer lol

thats assuming only ppl above you quit though, and the real problem is that unless you spend to maintain the rank some one slighlty lower can always drop a few 100$ and jump right over, i think ideally 10k noobs join then everyones rank becomes nicer lol

Sure but we can assume that the people lower than you who are spending $100 were doing so independently of whether or not the guild quit. They didn't spend $100 BECAUSE the guild quit, they just did it anyway.

But the point is that If a bunch of people quit, and they were all scoring higher than you, then your percent will increase.

Everyone doesn't even have to have done better than you though, there's a threshold obviously. But since we're talking about an extremely high performing guild, it's safe to assume that a lot of people in that guild asre stronger than your average f2p player, or even your average spender. Because they were all above average spenders.

Any way you slice it though, a lot of paying players leaving makes it easier for regular people to get higher ranks.

commish

Nothing worse than losing a 100 win streak in Arena. And to a team with all allies un-enhanced. Even even sure how that's possible but it is!

arevin01

Getting that 20 bonus pts again is very annoying once u reach the top. I honestly put my sheep mage on auto and win most of my fights because for some reason the computer seems to use the skills faster than my slow human hands.

RedZone

Neo Member
Nothing worse than losing a 100 win streak in Arena. And to a team with all allies un-enhanced. Even even sure how that's possible but it is!

sheep rng lol, if youre all sheeped doesnt matter how bad their allies are they can still beat you

Ventara

Ugh, it hurt just watching it. Why?!

Same. Still stuck at +3 for Blackaria with 36% fail bonus.

Save and and wait for the 50% enhance bonus.

Definitely will from now on, though isn't the fail bonus 30%?

Chaos17

speechless. I'm happy for the person to kick a really bad addiction though. If it's mentally harming you to the point where you're "wasting" that much time and money then it's for the best

From the comments section : he is not quitting, he is just staying instead on the Korean version.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
From the comments section : he is not quitting, he is just staying instead on the Korean version.

Asura Dezill 1 day ago
+&#32905;&#25991;&#21477;&#12373;&#12414; I'm done with this game and i still wait for mhx in 3ds is comming soon haha

he has good taste

Chaos17

At least he won't be able to burn tons of money on it :p

Anyway, I like Neogaf countdown, too bad I can't use it on my blog, the conversion time is so much easier with it. Countdown for the stream xD

t1441414800z4.png

ChrisG683

Last week's Hydra I was top 10% (barely scraped above 10%) with 486,581 points.

This week's Hydra I'm at top 10% (9.312%) with 898,623 points.

wut

commish

sheep rng lol, if youre all sheeped doesnt matter how bad their allies are they can still beat you

Close - crit from a meteor mage. A big crit can wipe out most of my team.

Last week's Hydra I was top 10% (barely scraped above 10%) with 486,581 points.

This week's Hydra I'm at top 10% (9.312%) with 898,623 points.

wut

Most people have tried the WB yet. At 2m I'm over 2%.

Edit:

According to reddit, the characters you can see in the picture at the link below can be turned into "super" versions of themselves. Not sure what that means.

http://mcafethumb2.phinf.naver.net/...G/Cap_2015-09-03_22-20-53-172.jpg?type=w420_2

Goroh

Wait, lollipop cards are stronger than normal SSS cards? I got a base attack one and it says 41% instead of 36% *_*

Ventara

Woooo! Just pulled an SS from premium summons for the first time, and then pulled another right after!

Edit:

According to reddit, the characters you can see in the picture at the link below can be turned into "super" versions of themselves. Not sure what that means.

http://mcafethumb2.phinf.naver.net/...G/Cap_2015-09-03_22-20-53-172.jpg?type=w420_2

Looks like a new type of ascension, like Draco/Angel/Boden. They need to be at +Ultimate and 10 of a new essence to ascend.

http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1160295

Ascended Gram looks like he's ready to wreck shit.

commish

Woooo! Just pulled an SS from premium summons for the first time, and then pulled another right after!

Looks like a new type of ascension, like Draco/Angel/Boden. They need to be at +Ultimate and 10 of a new essence to ascend.

http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1160295

Ascended Gram looks like he's ready to wreck shit.

It's kind of annoying because I was planning on using some of those guys in the chart as fodder. Now I feel like I should hold on to them because who knows if I'll ever pull another.

Ventara

It's kind of annoying because I was planning on using some of those guys in the chart as fodder. Now I feel like I should hold on to them because who knows if I'll ever pull another.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same, though the lack of SSS units I can obtain will probably convince me otherwise eventually. I'm curious to know how strong ascended Karang is. I combined him away since he was kinda crap, lol. Anyways, hopefully we'll have the skillset of all the new ascended units soon so we know what to aim for.

That update is just about to go live in Korea, meaning we're talking about 5-6 months down the line for us.

Top Bottom