• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

zanyu

If farming phoenix was frustrating, this new raid is even more so. You're happy to just not get a fail.

One of the most frustrating things about it is to be 5/6 not getting your final piece for the set bonus and that half your gear wasn't even your main stat.

I don't know after awhile just farming the same boss over and over again didn't seem fun to me. What I found fun was arena and guild battles but even then most of the time I was absolutely overwhelmed by their Ult allies or a rogue who can 1v4.
The game overall just slowly lost interest. I think one of the best feelings I got in the game was the PVE aspect from just completing harder difficulties. Myth gram one of the hugest cockblocks in the game, I felt a sense of achievement doing it. It's similar to killing diablo the first time on inferno.

KimChi

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I've already got 10 inventory slots occupied by essences, going to have another 10+ soon from the angel essences. I think they're going to bring this earlier.

I was going by what chaos17 had found out looking through the korean patch notes, they really should just implement it whenever angels get released.

Ventara

I'm thinking of just skipping the new raid boss (other than fighting it once for the rubies). New raid boss sounds pretty annoying, and all my guys have a full Fiercely Blazing set anyways. I'll just wait it out for the new raid and farm that.

Yaari

I'm thinking of just skipping the new raid boss (other than fighting it once for the rubies). New raid boss sounds pretty annoying, and all my guys have a full Fiercely Blazing set anyways. I'll just wait it out for the new raid and farm that.

Yeah I might do the same. The next one isn't far off. Plus I don't think the diference is that huge anyway.

I'm having shit luck.

Chaos17

Yeah, stocking the essences are going be a pain with the gems >.>
And still no news of the card system on the Taiwan and Japanese websites.
I guess, I will get my answer in the USA stream instead.

Anyway, anyone playing Korean version know whee that outfit come from ? I didn't saw it on the cash shop or arena shop (or did I miss it?) and I never saw it in the news of Korean blog.

01.png

Is this a new outfit of guild ?

RedZone

Neo Member
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I've already got 10 inventory slots occupied by essences, going to have another 10+ soon from the angel essences. I think they're going to bring this earlier.

angel essence is universal if im not mistaken, only the draco one was split i believe

Getting really shitty luck on skill cards today. Only gotten a grand total of 1 A so far after 100+ shoes. I've seen a couple oranges come through, but usually in the ruby box. Saw one in the free box but I missed it

Edit: Apparently you just need to complain on NeoGAF. Just got an orange, lol

Limit

Does anyone knows of a way tor this game to be displayed properly on a 4:3 screen? My google fu is failing me right now. There is no in game option and I have searched high and low for galaxy tab s2 to display apps in a widescreen format natively but am not seeing anything.

Does anyone knows of a way tor this game to be displayed properly on a 4:3 screen? My google fu is failing me right now. There is no in game option and I have searched high and low for galaxy tab s2 to display apps in a widescreen format natively but am not seeing anything.

It's not up to the device, it's up to the game. The game doesn't have artwork designed for 4:3 screens, so no matter what kind of magic you can get your device to do, it's still going to be stretched.

Limit

It's not up to the device, it's up to the game. The game doesn't have artwork designed for 4:3 screens, so no matter what kind of magic you can get your device to do, it's still going to be stretched.

Seems weird that there is no device level option of app level maintaining display scaling.

Seems weird that there is no device level option of app level maintaining display scaling.

It's theoretically impossible. There's no computer algorithm that can do it. I mean, it can resize the image, but you get stretching or smushing. Think about it, to go from 4:3 to 16:9 you have to multiply the vertical dimension by 3. If you multiply the horizontal dimension by 3 you've got 12:9. You need something to fill that extra space. The game would have to actually draw completely new textures and images there. On the other hand, if it it multiplied the horizontal dimension by 4 you end up with 16:12, so now the top and bottom would be cut off. There's nothing the device can do to make it look right because it's a different aspect ratio

The actual field of view changes, if you do a side-by-side comparison of a game that has versions optimized for both 16:9 and 4:3, you will see that you are not actually seeing the same image. You'll see totally new content on the sides of the 16:9 image that are not even there in the 4:3. So there's no way to do it unless the developer does it themselves.

Limit

I just want the game app to be smushed to 16:9 display setting. Have black bars above and below. That's what I mean.

JigsawX

Getting really shitty luck on skill cards today. Only gotten a grand total of 1 A so far after 100+ shoes. I've seen a couple oranges come through, but usually in the ruby box. Saw one in the free box but I missed it

Edit: Apparently you just need to complain on NeoGAF. Just got an orange, lol

Last week for me was rough but today I have been graced with a SSS, Believe and you shall receive! (every three weeks)

Yaari

I don't have a problem with that. At least I can remove them at all.

I think I'll use the gems on Allies. I switch characters too often for me to want to bother with them on my main characters.Atleast on allies, they are useful whatever I do. Except for raids.

Chaos17

Guys, i I calculated it right, it will cost us like average of 6M to remove gems from our 6 slot of equipements and we're kinda forced to do that for each new upgrade of equips we get.. LOL.

Guys, i I calculated it right, it will cost us like average of 6M to remove gems from our 6 slot of equipements and we're kinda forced to do that for each new upgrade of equips we get.. LOL.

You can always just get new gems. It will probably be a LONG time before anyone has 12 SSS gems anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal. Nobody's going to bother removing their S gems, and perhaps even their SS gems. Hell, you might even opt to not socket anything higher than SSS while you build up your arsenal of gems, so each time a new gear set comes out you'll only be removing the ones you've socketed so far.

Besides, your allies are more powerful than your main character. So you could just not even socket your main character's gems.

Sciel

Pulled 2x Patta + Gram on my last 3 combines. The warrior curse is real. At this point, all I want is Belle.

I wouldn't worry about keeping allies for awakening. The current two are so underwhelming compared to Boden Tank / Blackaria. Not to mention it's going to take ages for that patch.

Angels patch can't come fast enough, already have ult ur + lollipop 41% Attack card + Aspd/crit x2 acc + bow/quiver all ready for El Rio. Only dillema now is whether to make Ravengale as well or just limit break el rio ( 3 SSS fodder available atm)

Yaari

Pulled 2x Patta + Gram on my last 3 combines. The warrior curse is real. At this point, all I want is Belle.

I wouldn't worry about keeping allies for awakening. The current two are so underwhelming compared to Boden Tank / Blackaria. Not to mention it's going to take ages for that patch.

Angels patch can't come fast enough, already have ult ur + lollipop 41% Attack card + Aspd/crit x2 acc + bow/quiver all ready for El Rio. Only dillema now is whether to make Ravengale as well or just limit break el rio ( 3 SSS fodder available atm)

Which ASPD/CRIT accesory you got? I want to go look for one as well, while I wait for the patch.
I figure I can stop running stages involving Essences, since I'm going for El Rio.
Surely my other Dracos need upgrades but I want to create a really awesome El Rio.

Chaos17

Resume of the stream :
- no codes because ios players are bugged
- new normal costumes (200 rubies)
- gem system
- arena shop instead of card system
- quick live guide for warrior to do lab and arena

04.jpg

End.

The stream had nice pacing. My only disapointement is the arena shop because I don’t feel that we really needed it. It won’t improve our lifestyle in general as player and personally I don’t have that many coins to spend on it.

Edit : patch note is out
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?268437-Notice-Patch-Notes-09-08-15-(PDT)

Damn those pvp (+70) gems are better than the pve one we can make ourself in pve (+40)

Yaari

There will be a 20% discount on premium summons too, apparently.
Not sure if thats better than 10+2. I'm guessing that one goes away.

garath

Hmm. My second to last SSS combine was hunger toori. She actually looks really good for WB perhaps. That def debuff is pretty solid looking. Her and belle snow. I don't have enough enhancement fodder lol. I need SSS fodder for angels

RedZone

Neo Member
There will be a 20% discount on premium summons too, apparently.
Not sure if thats better than 10+2. I'm guessing that one goes away.

if you compare 12 summon price now 10+2 its 255 gems vs the new 20% off price 24+220=244 so you save a little bit compared to now, but you lose this sundays 50% fail bonus so it doesnt matter all that much really

Chaos17

You can always just get new gems. It will probably be a LONG time before anyone has 12 SSS gems anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal. Nobody's going to bother removing their S gems, and perhaps even their SS gems. Hell, you might even opt to not socket anything higher than SSS while you build up your arsenal of gems, so each time a new gear set comes out you'll only be removing the ones you've socketed so far.

Besides, your allies are more powerful than your main character. So you could just not even socket your main character's gems.

Do you really want to farm this a lot ? xD
021.png

By the way C-A gems are missing in this picture :p

arevin01

This game is releasing content at a pace where I simply can't keep up with. I'll fall behind soon enough as I getting burned out from all the farming.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This game is releasing content at a pace where I simply can't keep up with. I'll fall behind soon enough as I getting burned out from all the farming.

Yeah. Korea had almost double time between updates. It's a little rough.

Rurunaki

And everybody wanted them to rush the content.. the pacing is too much right now.. I barely have enough time to get the latest gear.. with arena/lab/wb/gb in between..

I'm fine with the pacing. As long as you don't feel like you have to have all SSS gems in your gear all the time, it shouldn't really be a big deal. I think this will only really increase the competition in the top 10, and to a lesser extent top 50 of the events

http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2015/08/dragon-blaze-korean-version_17.html

Here's a jewel guide from korean version. Basically just getting 1 single SSS jewel from combine is about as difficult and time consuming as getting a draco, if not worse. So don't expect to be running around stacked full of SSS jewels. aka the gold is not going to be an issue - if you have enough rubies to somehow get full of SSS jewels, then you will have no problem buying the gold either.

Most people are going to be having A and S jewels at best, and it might take you 2-3 months of combining just to get a single SSS jewel.

This will make arena more competitive though, because despite the high cost, it still appears to be the easiest way to get SSS jewels

Rurunaki

http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2015/08/dragon-blaze-korean-version_17.html

Here's a jewel guide from korean version. Basically just getting 1 single SSS jewel from combine is about as difficult and time consuming as getting a draco, if not worse. So don't expect to be running around stacked full of SSS jewels. aka the gold is not going to be an issue - if you have enough rubies to somehow get full of SSS jewels, then you will have no problem buying the gold either.

Most people are going to be having A and S jewels at best, and it might take you 2-3 months of combining just to get a single SSS jewel.

This will make arena more competitive though, because despite the high cost, it still appears to be the easiest way to get SSS jewels

As the stream mentioned. At the end of the day, Arena Jewels are higher tiered than the ones you can combine. My only take away from this is, start saving those arena coins and not even bother with combining "dungeon" jewels.

Edit: I can also relate on how bad the pacing is. With the release of the jewels, that's another thing that can reduce the chances of getting essences. It's like the game is forcing people to buy rubies now just to keep pace.

Ventara

I actually prefer the this pace for the release of content. Gives you so much more freedom in how to build up your team, as opposed to having less content and forcing everyone to farm for top-tier items. You just have to choose what you need and what's best for your team and focus on that.

Chaos17

As the stream mentioned. At the end of the day, Arena Jewels are higher tiered than the ones you can combine. My only take away from this is, start saving those arena coins and not even bother with combining "dungeon" jewels.

Edit: I can also relate on how bad the pacing is. With the release of the jewels, that's another thing that can reduce the chances of getting essences. It's like the game is forcing people to buy rubies now just to keep pace.

Even if you always get 40 arena coins (so rank 1), you will need one month to be able to gather/save up the necessary amount of coins just to buy 1 gem. But since you probably won't be always rank 1, it will take you even more time to buys the gems from the arena shop.

IMO, you will get faster dungeons gems than the arena shop one.
Also Dungeon gems can have 60+ in a stats too (READ patch note)

Yaari

Yeah I can buy one of the SSS Jewels. 1.
I did waste some coins on bad Arena armor but still.

Anyway I just made Calgar. Kind annoyed because I have Porin now. Shabelle. And Calgar. All while Blackaria is also in my team.

And I just don't know who to keep anymore.
I'm going to farm Landing Garden for ASPD/CRIT rings until the El Rio patch hits. I want 2 of them for her.

Rurunaki

Even if you always get 40 arena coins (so rank 1), you will need one month to be able to gather/save up the necessary amount of coins just to buy 1 gem. But since you probably won't be always rank 1, it will take you even more time to buys the gems from the arena shop.

Arena gems have 72 in stats. Plus the way armor drops in raids for sets, it will also take about a month to get the gear for the jewels. Not to mention the gold needed to transfer the gems when you have to upgrade armor agaain (440+k gold for one Jewel piece). I'll take my time jeweling my gear.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow. Very nice. Guess I'm going to work on enhancing her :)

What would more attack do for her though? Any scaling on her buffs or does it make her summon stronger?

I read that her attack rating has no impact on her summons, so HP is probably more important. She still attacks so I wouldn't completely ignore it.

In other news, in arena I have to pick and choose my fights carefully when I am ranked in the top 100. So I find this weak priest with a weak team and I smash her about 6 times in a row without losing any HP basically. Then, on #7, she demolishes my team. There goes the 20 win bonus. Come on, bro! :)

Essennces only drop from bosses, jewels drop from everything. Doesn't seem like a problem to me

Only if you combine. Highest dungeon gem you can get is S. It takes 100 S to make an SSS. Considering how rare they are going to be in dungeon (usually you will get A, B, or C ) dungeon is going to be slow too.

Yaari

Should I even use a healer for WB? I have Blackaria who does some offensive buff but its not really worth it. Then theres Calgar but perhaps all ot DPS is just better.

Top Bottom