• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

That update is just about to go live in Korea, meaning we're talking about 5-6 months down the line for us.

Do you know if they are releasing all the new ascended units in this update, or is just Gram/Mercedes for now with the rest in future updates?

Edit: Looks like there's more to the Korean update. Oh, and it seems it's just Gram/Mercedes for now.

http://livis-corner.blogspot.ca/2015/09/dragon-blaze-korean-version-new-big.html

Our main character can use Dragon Buster keys (need to be the same class), and there will be 2 free SSS in the monthly daily login bonuses (1 every 2 weeks).

player%2Bdragon%2Bbuster.jpg

Cap_2015-09-03_22-48-55-741.jpg

Not sure if mage Buster Key is out in Korea yet, but if not, they are screwed in GB until they get it.

- Experience needed to reach level 55 will get decreased
- Some dungeon difficulty gets raised
- Adjustments to resurrections (once an Ally/character got resurrected, he will be invincible for 2 sec)
- Summon/pet health display will get improved
- Dragon Buster summons will be more smoothly
- New Level Cap: 88

The invincibility after resurrection sounds great. Will definitely help in raids. I hope they improve the skills of the units who have this resurrection + invincibility skill already.

Kalavaras

Banned
Wowww that Reddit drama thread is hilarious. Cant say we have anything even close to that on EU. But who am I to know of such things, Im a scrub in rank3-4 guild so maybe the #1 deals with that shit lol.

Chaos17

Hello Bordens of reddit,

We've got an update on some of the various rewards we'll be issuing during the stream.

The following rewards will be issued to EVERYONE on the Americas, EU, and SEA server based on the total max number of concurrent viewers joining us live during the stream:

500 live viewers = Premium Ally Summon Ticket x1

800 live viewers = [S~SS] Ally Summon Ticket x1

1300+ live viewers = [S~SSS] Ally Summon Ticket x1

On top of these viewership rewards we've also got quite a bit more rewards to offer, those rewards will be announced during the stream.

Friday, September 4th at 5:00PM PDT

www.Twitch.tv/GAMEVIL_USA[1]

Awesome Banner

[2]

We hope to see you live during the stream!
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3jipg0/dragon_blaze_9415_500pm_pdt_live_stream_reward/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Combined for another SSS warrior. I have no idea how it is possible that I have no combined or pulled an SSS healer yet.

Ignoring dupes:

There are 17 warrior SSS. I have pulled 11 different ones.

There are 6 rogue SSS. I have pulled 5 different ones.

There are 7 healer SSS. I've pulled 0.

Come on, RNG.

garath

Combined for another SSS warrior. I have no idea how it is possible that I have no combined or pulled an SSS healer yet.

Ignoring dupes:

Come on, RNG.

Damn rng. :/ I've personally gotten a decent spread and not too many dupes but I too can use a tier 1 healer. The only SSS healer I have is mer. Would only be good for making blackaria lol.

Takuan

Ignoring dupes:

Come on, RNG.
I'm still rockin' Ranran. I actually said "fuck it" and ultimate'd her last week. Had no idea you had to sacrifice equal rarity for it, and totally wasn't expecting the 6-figure costs. Luckily, I had gold to burn. Unluckily, now my plans of going all in for a Draco have been put on hiatus since I don't have the SSS units to spare.

So I've just been logging in for bonuses and not really playing. Looking forward to when they start giving SSS units away, that'll be nice.

Whizkid7

Ignoring dupes:

Come on, RNG.

I feel your pain. The last 3 SSS I got were dupes I already had, all tanks. Gimme some freakin' DPS here, game!

commish

I'm still rockin' Ranran. I actually said "fuck it" and ultimate'd her last week. Had no idea you had to sacrifice equal rarity for it, and totally wasn't expecting the 6-figure costs. Luckily, I had gold to burn. Unluckily, now my plans of going all in for a Draco have been put on hiatus since I don't have the SSS units to spare.

So I've just been logging in for bonuses and not really playing. Looking forward to when they start giving SSS units away, that'll be nice.

I will always love Ranran. Served me well. Viri has been great for me too but she gets one-shot a lot nowadays.

Ventara

If it's any consolation, I have both Blackaria and Shabelle, and you're doing way better than me in all the weekly rankings.

Managed to get 1.65 million on Hyra this week with my ultimate bloodwind. It's so aggravating that a single unit can make such a huge difference. Youd' think an ultimate bloodwind could carry one to 1% on his own, but a fucking 3rd rate archer like Ur is about the only way now.

garath

Noooo. Lost my +20 arena bonus. Never getting it back now. Damn rng sheep mage garbage. Sheep happened to land on me (rogue) and Draco brightspark. The rest is history. So lame. Unenhanced teams with one low level Draco should not win against a max team :(

Rurunaki

So, the Heroes tab in the folio apparently are getting "Awakened" in the latest KR update.. ugh.. to think I used them as fodders..

Yaari

So, the Heroes tab in the folio apparently are getting "Awakened" in the latest KR update.. ugh.. to think I used them as fodders..

Ah well, that's so far away, I'm fairly confident I'll run into each and every one of them another time. Haha.

Pejo

Ignoring dupes:

Come on, RNG.

Preach.

I'm on something like 28 SSS combines, not a single healer. Got Fulson 3x, Brightspark 2x, and even 3 Archer Pelas since that last update. Viri is ready to retire, but she just can't. The sad thing is, if I somehow pull Calgar or Shabelle, I am not even going to Deify them. I am also starting a healer character tonight since we get those XP boosts and why the hell not.

commish

Preach.

I'm on something like 28 SSS combines, not a single healer. Got Fulson 3x, Brightspark 2x, and even 3 Archer Pelas since that last update. Viri is ready to retire, but she just can't. The sad thing is, if I somehow pull Calgar or Shabelle, I am not even going to Deify them. I am also starting a healer character tonight since we get those XP boosts and why the hell not.

Do it, make the priest. Priests are good. I made mine for this reason and it's now my "main" character. And like you, if I get a Calgar or Shabs, or probably even a Porin, I wouldn't Deify. Angels are a-coming and I can't afford to deify any other dracos right now.

Do it, make the priest. Priests are good. I made mine for this reason and it's now my "main" character. And like you, if I get a Calgar or Shabs, or probably even a Porin, I wouldn't Deify. Angels are a-coming and I can't afford to deify any other dracos right now.

I'm still planning to deify Blackaria right now because it seems she stays super powerful even into season 3. I don't know if I'm going to regret it later, I hope not. I think it's the only way for me to break top 50 in labyrinth though. Each week my score goes up by 50k points, and each week I end up ranking 55-60, which is unbelievably frustrating being so close, so consistently

Yaari

I think Blackaria is great and she kicks ass in GB.
BTW when going for El Rio, does the Allies screen get a new option or something? Because at that point you can make either an Angel or a Draco out of an Archer? Or how does that work?

I got 6 SSS ready now. Still need to get an Archer maxed out though. So lets say I can +1 an El Rio when she's here. But the plan is to ULT her at the end of the month.

I might even ditch my +5 SSS Porin. I've not felt like I needed a healer other than Blackaria, for a long time. She's just sitting there, doing nothing.

commish

I'm still planning to deify Blackaria right now because it seems she stays super powerful even into season 3. I don't know if I'm going to regret it later, I hope not. I think it's the only way for me to break top 50 in labyrinth though

That's definitely true. That's why I was holding out for so long, but then I caved and made my second draco. But now I am focusing on ascending my Windlune so I can have 2 ascended archers.

I think Blackaria is great and she kicks ass in GB.
BTW when going for El Rio, does the Allies screen get a new option or something? Because at that point you can make either an Angel or a Draco out of an Archer? Or how does that work?

I got 6 SSS ready now. Still need to get an Archer maxed out though. So lets say I can +1 an El Rio when she's here. But the plan is to ULT her at the end of the month.

I might even ditch my +5 SSS Porin. I've not felt like I needed a healer other than Blackaria, for a long time. She's just sitting there, doing nothing.

Yeah, you get the option to ascend to a draco, angel, boden, etc.

commish

I wish! But then again, I fused my ranran away :(

Also, I wish I could block all rogues from doing the new raid with me. When there are no rogues, my win rate is 100%. Add a rogue, it drops to about 80%. Add 2 rogues, and it's about 40%.

Yaari

Yeah Rogues ain't bad if they know what they are doing. But they don't realize their huge damage is what causes the boss to do the skill that spawns the adds.

So this genius comes out with his DoD right away and then I have to kill the first spawn. And because of that I can't take care of the second. So we all die.

It's a nice new approach to a raid boss but I wish I could run it with a group that knew how it worked. Those random people just don't know what kind of approach you want to take, its obviously difficult to communicate that.

Chaos17

Yeah Rogues ain't bad if they know what they are doing. But they don't realize their huge damage is what causes the boss to do the skill that spawns the adds.

So this genius comes out with his DoD right away and then I have to kill the first spawn. And because of that I can't take care of the second. So we all die.

It's a nice new approach to a raid boss but I wish I could run it with a group that knew how it worked. Those random people just don't know what kind of approach you want to take, its obviously difficult to communicate that.

Next raid boss won't have adds from what I tried on the KR server, it seems.
It was only spaming a life leech skill.
But I could be wrong because I was doing the raid with high level players who were killing him really really fast.

commish

Exactly. I actually like the mechanic so it's not just a DPS fest, but it's frustrating doing with randoms.

arevin01

Ignoring dupes:

Come on, RNG.

Dang I must be pulling all your SSS healers. I believe I got 4 SSS healers out of my last 7 pulls.

Shabelle
2x Mercedes
Theros

Limit

I have come to terms with the fact that despite my best efforts in trying to snipe, luck is always going to be a factor in arena. And teams with Shabelle can go f off. She is a god damn monster.

Did the world boss get harder? My priest used to make it to 1.8 million and now i'm dying by 1.2....

I don't think so, I used to make 1.1 and today I made close to 1.7.

Did you change your team composition at all? I noticed that after levelling my Bloodwind from +MAX to +ULTIMATE he got pushed to a different spot in the formation, which was a big slap in the face because he used to be on the ATK +36.4% square, but now he's on the STA +2% square >.>

could have been that

wapplew

Just check new awaken Gram and Mercedes in Korea server.
Both have mad stat, maybe best stat so far and some new skill (that I don't understand)

vato_loco

You guys are talking about such advanced stuff! I'm still gathering SSS for my first Draco. Scratch that. I'm still leveling up because I'm getting my ass kicked in Legend The Fortress and I'm a bloody lvl 52. Curse those enemies that prevent you from using magic.

Also combined for a King Gram the other day, I'm pretty happy with that but at the same time annoyed because a) I need more fodder for my Draco, and b) Because I really need a bloody healer already!

Chaos17

Taiwan facebook and Japan blog ain't talking about the card system, even if it was mentionned during Japan stream. I wonder if they decided to release it with 22th september update in the end.

ChrisG683

I just combined my unused SS and received SSS Sorcerer Theros... he seems like a really weird ally, and I don't know if he fits into my lineup at all. I've already got Shabelle/Viri for tough heal fights, and Bloodwind/Rage Rush already provide good defense reduction (albeit they are single target, not aoe like Theros). It seems like Theros could potentially be good on the Hydra WB if he could take the place of Shabelle, but I don't know if he can heal enough.

DPS/Tank Warrior
[SSS] Bloodwind +1
[SSS] Captain Shabelle +MAX
[SSS] Shining Sword Loki +MAX
[SSS] Brightspark +MAX

---Reserves---
[SSS] Flame Wizard Whay +MAX
[SSS] Queen Caberra +MAX
[SSS] Dark Swordsman Pagu
[SS] Priest Viri +MAX
[SS] Hunter Misty +MAX (To help kill golem)

Any thoughts?

KimChi

I just combined my unused SS and received SSS Sorcerer Theros... he seems like a really weird ally, and I don't know if he fits into my lineup at all. I've already got Shabelle/Viri for tough heal fights, and Bloodwind/Rage Rush already provide good defense reduction (albeit they are single target, not aoe like Theros). It seems like Theros could potentially be good on the Hydra WB if he could take the place of Shabelle, but I don't know if he can heal enough.

DPS/Tank Warrior
[SSS] Bloodwind +1
[SSS] Captain Shabelle +MAX
[SSS] Shining Sword Loki +MAX
[SSS] Brightspark +MAX

---Reserves---
[SSS] Flame Wizard Whay +MAX
[SSS] Queen Caberra +MAX
[SSS] Dark Swordsman Pagu
[SS] Priest Viri +MAX
[SS] Hunter Misty +MAX (To help kill golem)

Any thoughts?
Firstly, if you want to rank higher in WB make a magnify priest. Magnify helps a lot and it allows you to sub out your healer ally for a dps ally for WB. Think about leveling another character if you haven't already done so when you get to level 64.

With the aoe def debuff on Theros he could be good, I don't think many of us even have him let alone a SSS healer (or its just me and a few others with shit luck getting a SSS healer :p). Try replacing shabelle with Theros and see how he does, if he turns out to not be that useful for you i'd just deify him into blackaria otherwise.

ChrisG683

Firstly, if you want to rank higher in WB make a magnify priest. Magnify helps a lot and it allows you to sub out your healer ally for a dps ally for WB. Think about leveling another character if you haven't already done so when you get to level 64.

With the aoe def debuff on Theros he could be good, I don't think many of us even have him let alone a SSS healer (or its just me and a few others with shit luck getting a SSS healer :p). Try replacing shabelle with Theros and see how he does, if he turns out to not be that useful for you i'd just deify him into blackaria otherwise.

Yep, already working on a magni priest, still @ lv 42 though. I find it hard to spend my shoes on her, b/c I really need more bloodwind essences. 8 essences has only gotten me to +1 and like +30% bonus X_X. Pretty bad luck, all S rank fodders too.

Yeah I may bump him to 64 without enhancing and see how he fares against WB. I may hold on to him for a while since I was planning to get Draco BS before Blackaria since Shabelle is already pretty dang good.

Thanks for the advice!

KimChi

Yep, already working on a magni priest, still @ lv 42 though. I find it hard to spend my shoes on her, b/c I really need more bloodwind essences. 8 essences has only gotten me to +1 and like +30% bonus X_X. Pretty bad luck, all S rank fodders too.

Yeah I may bump him to 64 without enhancing and see how he fares against WB. I may hold on to him for a while since I was planning to get Draco BS before Blackaria since Shabelle is already pretty dang good.

Thanks for the advice!

Ouch, yea the enhancing for draco's can be so bad sometimes ><. I just wait on the enhance fail buff to do draco enhancing just incase of fails.

Pejo

Thanks for the advice!

I've been through some rough upgrade paths like that too. On the flip side, I got like 2 in a row on a single S once or twice. That feels so good.

I really can't wait for essences to just become one generic Draco essence instead of these individual ones that we have now. I'm sitting on like 18 Bloodwind essences and I don't ever plan to make him. 13 Blackaria too, which just sit there taunting me because I can't get a damn SSS healer. It's even worse that they only stack to 10 then waste a whole separate inventory slot.

ChrisG683

I've been through some rough upgrade paths like that too. On the flip side, I got like 2 in a row on a single S once or twice. That feels so good.

I really can't wait for essences to just become one generic Draco essence instead of these individual ones that we have now. I'm sitting on like 18 Bloodwind essences and I don't ever plan to make him. 13 Blackaria too, which just sit there taunting me because I can't get a damn SSS healer. It's even worse that they only stack to 10 then waste a whole separate inventory slot.

Any idea which update brings the unified essence?

zanyu

I quit the game a month or so ago cause I just got too frustrated farming phoenix raid and the huge disparity between me and P2W players.

It literally seems like the gap only gets bigger with dragon busters, not only do you have to equip your whole team with dragon busters, but you have to enhance the dragon busters.

I didn't see anyone post the abilities of the dragon busters or the paladin one, but I found it while navigating the blog posted. I am surprised that they don't have a special dragon buster for summoners.
http://livis-corner.blogspot.de/2015/08/dragon-blaze-chapter-3-dragon-buster.html

Competing against someone that has 4 ally ult dragon buster and main character dragon buster seems very daunting.

Top Bottom