• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I only tried the WB once, but it would make sense to make him harder since power creep is getting crazy. I'm okay with making him a lot harder since we are all fighting the same boss.

Takuan

Got Rutar. Got to 55, can't beat the dungeon with Byron at the end (can't down Byron before the adds finish me).

So I've got Mer at +6, a bunch of junk SS, and enough rubies to afford the required essences for Blackaria - should I just blow up the units and do it already, or wait it out and hope I get Shabelle or Kalgar for free the end of the month?

Uthred

Is there a best grinding stage yet?

I'm not sure about best in terms of xp return but the boss stage of the first new area is fairly doable on auto even without a friend (failed once out of ~150 runs and the only Draco I have is a very shoddily equipped Blackaria)

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
so did the ruby summon rate get buff? I spent all of my rubies yesterday trying to get all the SS to max with the enhance fail buff :(

RedZone

Neo Member
so did the ruby summon rate get buff? I spent all of my rubies yesterday trying to get all the SS to max with the enhance fail buff :(

pretty sure its the same, just now you get a free SS from drawing 3 S, the free SSS will likely be unfinished for months for the average user

commish

Burned through 200+ shoes, zero essence drops. If this is how it's going to be, basically forcing us to wait weeks for the necessary essences or to spend money, then I'm done with the game. It will be next to impossible to get a max level Angel at this rate without spending a ton of money.

Edit: Okay I'm almost convinced they increased the pull rates. I'm getting SS from the cheap ally summons.

SteveO409

Burned through 200+ shoes, zero essence drops. If this is how it's going to be, basically forcing us to wait weeks for the necessary essences or to spend money, then I'm done with the game. It will be next to impossible to get a max level Angel at this rate without spending a ton of money.

Edit: Okay I'm almost convinced they increased the pull rates. I'm getting SS from the cheap ally summons.

I got 3 so far with 100 shoes spent. I didn't spend my shoes until the 50% premium item drop rate started 2 hours ago though. I will likely save up shoes again for the weekend when 100% happens

RedZone

Neo Member

ive yet to get one too and ive used about the same amount of shoes, seems much worse than the draco drop rate lol

Yaari

I got a A from my first friend summon this morning. I thought I actually did a Premium summon. I had no idea what was happening.

Received Gar for my free SSS. :( Oh well, I need a lot of fodder and there's still two more free SSS's coming this week.

Finally beat myth mode last night and I'm glad to be done with that. I need a change of scenery but I'm getting my ass handed to me in the chapter 2 areas.

Is it worth it to limit break RanRan if I don't have any other AOE healers or will she still just be insta-nuked more often than not?

arevin01

This week may be a good opportunity to get top 50 if you have a capable team since everybody will be busy with leveling and new raid. Going by last content patch, around 8k got you top 50.

JigsawX

Patch renewed my interest for a bit and also just beat mgs5 so have some more free time. I Combined and got both Byron and the new devil tank. Current tank is max patta.

Should I replace him with either of the new tanks I got? I also have a Ari waiting for kamiel but that's prob months away

vato_loco

I'm gonna ask the stupidest question I've asked here, and by God I've asked stupid questions.

How the balls do I return to Season 1? I beat Byron, the portal to Season 2 opened, the hottest elf since Legolas greets me and sends me to kill some spiders I can barely kill and definitely can't auto.

And I can't find any button that takes me back to good old Belle Snow.

Yaari

I'm gonna ask the stupidest question I've asked here, and by God I've asked stupid questions.

How the balls do I return to Season 1? I beat Byron, the portal to Season 2 opened, the hottest elf since Legolas greets me and sends me to kill some spiders I can barely kill and definitely can't auto.

Go to Adventure, should be arrows on top mid of your screen to put you back and forth.

Sciel

Got angel archer at +0, my wb score lower by 200k. She better worth it when I max her.
I hit 1.9m in golem yesterday by using Llywelyn Max+2 instead of Ur and +0 Ravengal (lol) instead of Loki. So she is very much worth it as long as you give her the gear/cards..

Also felt there was no diff with Golem actually.

Lol we definitely need to be able to recruit Silverbreeze or whatever her name is! :D

Flowtation

Neo Member
Hi, guys

got myself Flame Wizard Whay which I can upgrade her to Ravengale.

Before the patch, I'm about to deify Brightspark to Draco but now since I got Whay, which one should I deify? DBS or Ravengale or both?

anyone tried DBS and Ravengale in one team?

KimChi

I did eventually get passed those 3 bosses after a couple more tries, but you'd think they be consistent with them being killed but still appearing as bosses later lol. Really liking the story too.

So is Llywelyn a solid unit? I'll probably be going for her after getting blackaria(hopefully by the end of the month with free SSS). Also need to enhance gram to replace byron for labyrinth.

Sciel

Hi, guys

Before the patch, I'm about to deify Brightspark to Draco but now since I got Whay, which one should I deify? DBS or Ravengale or both?

You should get DBS (assuming its your first Draco). She will bring massive amounts of DPS. Ravengale is better when you have a stronger party (because of her buff).

I did eventually get passed those 3 bosses after a couple more tries, but you'd think they be consistent with them being killed but still appearing as bosses later lol. Really liking the story too.

So is Llywelyn a solid unit? I'll probably be going for her after getting blackaria(hopefully by the end of the month with free SSS). Also need to enhance gram to replace byron for labyrinth.
Llywelyn is fantastic. She has taken my Bloodwind's place in every event except for WB.

I still think the Meta for GB is still Black+ DBS. Llywelyn is amazing but her passive is a doubled edged sword (target lowest hp/stamina first). Essentially, her natural counter will always be Blackaria since this pairing will always have the lowest hp in party.

Kill Blackaria => invulnerability where DBS wrecks havoc.
Kill DBS => DBS is revived with invulnerability.

Chaos17

Hi, guys

Don't make Ravengel yet, she is totaly useless at the moment (see my post above)

ChrisG683

So is it worth it to turn my Archer Ur +MAX into Llywelyn, or should I keep him and instead start upgrading my Dark Arrow Farq +0? Seeing as I'm low on rubies and have 0 essences, I'm probably just gonna wait for Farq, but I thought I'd get GAF's opinion.

My lineup is

(Warrior Tank/DPS main)
Draco Bloodwind +7
Draco Brightspark +4
Captain Shabelle +MAX
Shining Sword Loki +MAX

Flame Wizard Whay +MAX (Saving for Boden summoner)
Archer Ur +MAX (WB only, Llywelyn candidate?)
Sorcerer Theros (On deck to deify for Blackaria)
Dark Arrow Farq (Llywelyn candidate)
Dark Swordsman Pagu (Draco Deathcrown or some other deify tank candidate)

commish

Spent hundreds of shoes, not a single black essence the entire day. Here's to hoping today is better. This new auto-run is the best feature ever added to this game.

SteveO409

Spent hundreds of shoes, not a single black essence the entire day. Here's to hoping today is better. This new auto-run is the best feature ever added to this game.

Maybe wait for the weekend with the 100% buffs. Only 1 WB remaining for the week

commish

Maybe wait for the weekend with the 100% buffs. Only 1 WB remaining for the week

I'm just leveling up my guys to the level cap, not particularly farming for essences. I did another 100 shoes so far today with 0 drops. If you take the number of shoes I've spent so far, and then figure out how many shoes we get naturally per day, I bet it works out to be months before we could get all the essences ourselves without paying.

Yaari

An entire newspost about HIVE policies today lol. Guess they don't want people to cheat the thing for free items or whatever.

Whizkid7

Aw YIS did another SSS combine and got Shabelle. Guess Porin can finally turn into Blackaria!

On one hand, it's awesome that I got a good SSS. On the other hand, DAMMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MY ANGEL WITHOUT FODDER SSS TO LIMIT BREAK WITH?!

arevin01

Aw YIS did another SSS combine and got Shabelle. Guess Porin can finally turn into Blackaria!

On one hand, it's awesome that I got a good SSS. On the other hand, DAMMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MY ANGEL WITHOUT FODDER SSS TO LIMIT BREAK WITH?!

Rest easy because if you been logging on everyday, you should get a free SSS tomorrow as a GM event and another SSS in a few days for attendance.

Uthred

So whats the general consensus on which SSS are worth keeping? From what I can gather you want to hold on to:

Gram
Captain Shabelle
Ur (for WB?)
One Summoner (to upgrade to Boden or Angel summoner)
One Paladin (to upgrade to Boden or Angel paladin)

The rest you should be using as fodder or as a base for Drac/Angel/Boden upgrades. Is that about it?

RedZone

Neo Member
So whats the general consensus on which SSS are worth keeping? From what I can gather you want to hold on to:

Gram
Captain Shabelle
Ur (for WB?)
One Summoner (to upgrade to Boden or Angel summoner)
One Paladin (to upgrade to Boden or Angel paladin)

The rest you should be using as fodder or as a base for Drac/Angel/Boden upgrades. Is that about it?

belle is nice too, pretty much the only thing i would keep at this pt too, maybe the new demon tank that just came out since most ppl dont want to deify DC

JigsawX

belle is nice too, pretty much the only thing i would keep at this pt too, maybe the new demon tank that just came out since most ppl dont want to deify DC

On the fence if I should replace patta with the new demon tank or Byron. Or just wait for kamiel

Whizkid7

Rest easy because if you been logging on everyday, you should get a free SSS tomorrow as a GM event and another SSS in a few days for attendance.

Heh I know, and I have more than enough SS to make at least 3-4 more SSS. Which means I'll either get nothing but horrible ones or all amazing ones that I can't use for fodder.

Rurunaki

Yo.. I cant get past the Cave of Demon's forst stage.. where you fight the 3 captains.. my team is (all max) Aria, DBS, DC, Tiel, and Priest.. am i missing something here or MAX units cant cut it anymore.

vato_loco

Go to Adventure, should be arrows on top mid of your screen to put you back and forth.
Thanks! As soon as I create that Blackaria I have so much else to do. I Have to farm for equipment, go as far as I can on Season 2 and reach level 60 so I can use those rubies for stuff. It's been a while since Gamevil gave rubies for free, though. Some 100 should come in handy. More considering I'm not even planning on farming the essences, I'd rather use up the 300 rubies for that.

My pretty high luck on draws is balanced by my unbelievably shitty luck on raids. My equipment sucks balls.

Lol we definitely need to be able to recruit Silverbreeze or whatever her name is! :D
I am surprised, nay, appalled, that she's not a summonable hero.

Otheradam

Wow first platinum pull today and got an SSS (folder).

XFMGi8Yl.png

KimChi

Yo.. I cant get past the Cave of Demon's forst stage.. where you fight the 3 captains.. my team is (all max) Aria, DBS, DC, Tiel, and Priest.. am i missing something here or MAX units cant cut it anymore.

Kinda surprised you're having trouble even with having blackaria. Bring a friend either sheep/meteor ulti mage or maybe rogue. You just want to kill them as fast as possible.

Ventara

Kinda surprised you're having trouble even with having blackaria. Bring a friend either sheep/meteor ulti mage or maybe rogue. You just want to kill them as fast as possible.

I have to disagree and say that you'll need someone to help you survive their burst damage as opposed to helping to kill them faster. They all have 200K+ HP and are really tanky. I recommend bringing a warrior ally who can survive through their burst damage. Then just cast a revive. Once you get that down, you'll eventually wear them down until they topple one after the other.

Wow first platinum pull today and got an SSS (folder).

XFMGi8Yl.png

Congrats! I myself pulled one this past weekend, and the feeling is great.

arevin01

I'm beginning to reconsider on getting Llywelyn and instead ULTIMATE my DBS. My team consist of Gram, Blackaria, BW/BS, and DBS. Since I already have BW, I dont feel Llywelyn will make much of a difference. I believe an ULT DBS will be much more of a game changer.

Uthred

I'm beginning to reconsider on getting Llywelyn and instead ULTIMATE my DBS. My team consist of Gram, Blackaria, BW/BS, and DBS. Since I already have BW, I dont feel Llywelyn will make much of a difference. I believe an ULT DBS will be much more of a game changer.

According to that tier chart that was floating around Llywelyn is a step above BW, but on the other hand beyond the stat increases pushing DBS to ULT will let you increase her skills as well, which as you say would more than likely make up for any difference betwen Llwy and BW.

Is there a list somewhere that shows the different battle formations? The ones that give you rubies for having different allies in your group. I searched but I didn't see anything, though my Google-fu is rather weak.

Ventara

With your team setup, an Ultimate D Brightspark would definitely be better. Ilwelyn is only a relatively small step up from Bloodwind, and subbing Gram out wouldn't be a good move unless your character is a tank. She'll also be a lot more useful in Guild Battles.

Is there a list somewhere that shows the different battle formations? The ones that give you rubies for having different allies in your group. I searched but I didn't see anything, though my Google-fu is rather weak.

I don't know about a list online, but there's one in the game beside the allies portfoloi.

goober

According to that tier chart that was floating around Llywelyn is a step above BW, but on the other hand beyond the stat increases pushing DBS to ULT will let you increase her skills as well, which as you say would more than likely make up for any difference betwen Llwy and BW.

Do you have a link to the tier chart?

Top Bottom