• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Limit

Yup. Gonna skip this level 67 raid. Farming it takes forever and even then you are going to burn through majority of your scrolls just to survive. Each time I run I am spending about 18K gold and getting blue drops most of the time, assuming the team even makes it.

Just not worth it.

Guessing that having gems laden equipment makes this more tolerable but Just yesterday I made my first purple gem. So it's pointless thinking that they are going to be a factor in buffing my team anytime soon.

Yaari

Yup. Gonna skip this level 67 raid. Farming it takes forever and even then you are going to burn through majority of your scrolls just to survive. Each time I run I am spending about 18K gold and getting blue drops most of the time, assuming the team even makes it.

Just not worth it.

Guessing that having gems laden equipment makes this more tolerable but Just yesterday I made my first purple gem. So it's pointless thinking that they are going to be a factor in buffing my team anytime soon.

My issue is that I already skipped 64. So my gear is horribly outdated.

arevin01

I got my warrior to 67 last night and it makes the raid really easy. I haven't had a fail yet in about 10 tries with random ppl. My warrior is really geared tho. Gonna save my tickets for the 100% buff. For a warrior, dare I say its even easier than the previous raid? The 64 raid can still wipe out an entire party because of the adds but not this raid.

Nice to see the warrior class being useful again.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
punch in the gut feeling!

KsFswqT.jpg

Chaos17

punch in the gut feeling!

I only saw that ONCE today and never saw it again, not even in the chest -_-

Just not worth it.

Please come support this thread then : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?271013-New-raid-boss-67
And ask Gamevil with me to Tone it down.
I am able now to farm that raid but with friends only and with a pecular comp only so that raid is totally not random/pug friendly, imo.

Crzy1

They must have massively reduced the chance for essences to drop. Just burned about 150 shoes and got a blackaria and deathcrown essence. Don't see many popping up in the chat window either, but it may just be that people are doing the new areas instead. Might be bad luck, but I saved all my shoes for this week hoping to get some more essences to enhance Brightspark a bit during the 100% bonus. At least I was able to hit 67, first time I've actually gotten to the cap before it gets moved. Think I'll give Hermit Lake 9 a few goes now that I'm at the cap, might have better luck with it than Tiel, if nothing else it will go faster.

Uthred

They must have massively reduced the chance for essences to drop. Just burned about 150 shoes and got a blackaria and deathcrown essence. Don't see many popping up in the chat window either, but it may just be that people are doing the new areas instead. Might be bad luck, but I saved all my shoes for this week hoping to get some more essences to enhance Brightspark a bit during the 100% bonus. At least I was able to hit 67, first time I've actually gotten to the cap before it gets moved. Think I'll give Hermit Lake 9 a few goes now that I'm at the cap, might have better luck with it than Tiel, if nothing else it will go faster.

I know RNG is RNG but since they introduced gems the essence drop rates feel like theyve gone to shit, I wonder do they share the same place on the drop table

Edit: While I'm complaining, as a purely F2P player it feels like its harder to progress and thus harder to compete than it used to be, 5% in most things used to be easy enough but Arena is about the only one I can rely on now and I cant even make it past Cave of Demons - 1 despite having what I thought was a solid team (Patta, Turq, Fulson & Blackaria all MAX). Maybe slacking off on Aqualis has had bigger knock on effects than I anticipated. Hopefully things will turn around a bit when I get Llyw and slot them in for Turq. Not sure whether to go for Greysoul via Fulson or Draco DC via Patta after that. At least I've tons of gold (~26million) as no-one in my guild ever seems to do GB so burning tickets on lab is generally what I do with them.

garath

I used 100 shoes on the boss stage of the first new area today during the 100% bonus. I didn't see a single angel essence. Rough. :(

Yaari

It sucks. I got one char to 67, one to 65. Not a single essence.

And this new raid boss is scaring people away if anything at all. I got a 10% succesrate with randoms.

I'm probably going to stop bothering. It is only pissing me off. I drop like 6 scrolls into it per attempt and its not worth the nuisance. Stupid buffs he does.

garath

Well I now have enough gold to get a draco or angel. Barely. 3.2mil on the button. More than enough SSS fodder. Just don't have a single angel essence :( I guess I could make blackaria. But I stopped getting draco essences in abundance awhile ago too. I have 12 bloodwind, like 15 deathcrown but only 5 blackaria. Sigh. I'd have to use rubies for that one too. I used around 250 shoes getting to 66 on my rogue in the old area trying to get more BS essences. Saw maybe 3 draco essences the whole time.

Game is beyond grindy now.

I used 400 shoes and got one....... One :(

omg.

KimChi

It does feel like dark essences have a really low drop rate. I have no problem getting draco essences, prolly just rng. I got my mage to 67 and only got 1 dark essence for it lol. Won't bother rushing for angels anyways since i'll be focusing on ult draco brightspark and enhancing blackaria that I finally got yesterday.

Ventara

Actually, at this point, I don't think it is RNG. Dark Essences have a really low drop rate, period. In the chat channels where it tells you every time someone gets an SS or SSS item/unit, I RARELY see Dark Essence show up. As for my own personal experience, I've gotten 2 characters to 67 and have had 0 drops so far. Right now, I personally don't mind since I'm not going for any of the angels in the first or second batch, but it must really suck for those who are.

Salamande

Yeah, leveled up 2 characters, then spent hundreds of shoes during the 100% increase period, and got exactly one dark essence. Might not be getting El Rio anytime soon.

Meanwhile, I have 28 Draco Deathcrown essences. Somebody shoot me.

arevin01

Now that I have been able to make 3 dracos as a F2P player, thanks mainly to the free SSS gimmies, I feel there's little else to accomplish in the game. I'm still in the process of getting Llywelyn and placing top 10 in the arena, but once I complete those goals, this game will be on cruise control for me. Will likely only log in to get the free rewards and call it a day.

Also I've got about 5 dark essence drops getting 2 characters to 67.

Kalavaras

Banned
Raids can suck it. Maining a sheep mage is a no no for raids and my 67 archer cant handle it either apparently. Maybe ill auto my priest to 67 at some point and give it another go. The problem now is that people are getting over geared for 64 raid and they are still clueless on dealing with the adds. My archer 1shots the adds but the next wave spawns right away and wipes the crew. Whatever, sheep mage is all about that sweet RNG anyway in gb's so the gear can wait until they come up with an easier raid.

vato_loco

Deified Mercedes yesterday and got Blackaria. Reached lvl 60 and used the rubies to get the fodder I needed to MAX Mercedes, and it barely worked because I got mostly A's. Of 13 draws, only 2 were S and the rest were all A.

It feels like we get more freebies at the expense of a really shitty RNG. I get bullshit on raids even during 100% buff, I get absolute bullshit on story as well, and I'm even getting only C allies, when I used to get lots of B and the occasional A.

I didn't get a single essence for Blackaria, I simply bought them all.

Nekki

Sorry to bother, but can anybody explain to me how to use bluestacks??? I'd like to play on the PC instead of the phone, at least while i'm home.

Goroh

Sorry to bother, but can anybody explain to me how to use bluestacks??? I'd like to play on the PC instead of the phone, at least while i'm home.

Just download it, log in with your google account, download the game and play. It's very easy.

Uthred

Is Spark Wizard Ann upgradeable to a summoner angel/boden? Its odd how now when I combine for SSS all I want are units I can safely use for fodder as opposed to having to "save" ;)

Ventara

6ecd062276.jpg

I pulled... 3 SS in A ROW from premium summon. Followed by a Fulson from the ticket...omg best day ever lol

3 in a row?! I'm gonna do about 20 pulls tonight and I hope I'm half as lucky.

Is Spark Wizard Ann upgradeable to a summoner angel/boden? Its odd how now when I combine for SSS all I want are units I can safely use for fodder as opposed to having to "save" ;)

Yes, she can be ascended to the summoner angel/boden.

Sciel

3 in a row?! I'm gonna do about 20 pulls tonight and I hope I'm half as lucky.

Yes, she can be ascended to the summoner angel/boden.

Yup. It was insanity lol.

When I open the game and log in with Hive, I don't see my characters. It asks me to create a new character.
They are probably placing you on a different server. Just create the new char then change your server from the option menu.

When I open the game and log in with Hive, I don't see my characters. It asks me to create a new character.

Bluestacks had my location in Asia or something. So it put me on the Asia server.

Create a new character on that account, then go to settings and change servers.

If it's the latest bluestacks, use "FakeGPS" to change your location.

Goroh

They are probably placing you on a different server. Just create the new char then change your server from the option menu.

Yeah this. The first time i installed it they put me in the Japan server, the second in the US one. And my main is in Europe lol. Don't worry, you won't lose your characters.

Uthred

Didnt realise the Ally Enhance on Fail is up to 50% now, if I wasnt constantly hitting up against the ally limit I'd save all my combining for Sundays

garath

Should I max shabelle? I have porin maxed. I do ok in the arena as it is. Top 5% usually. I can't decide if I'm going to drop a lot of rubies and make angel Archer or drop some rubies and make porin into blackaria.

I kind of want the dps since world boss is where I'm weakest ATM but that's a lot of rubies. I don't have a single dark essence.

My normal party is:

+7 Draco brightspark
Max Byron
Max belle snow
Max porin

Ventara

Should I max shabelle? I have porin maxed. I do ok in the arena as it is. Top 5% usually. I can't decide if I'm going to drop a lot of rubies and make angel Archer or drop some rubies and make porin into blackaria.

I kind of want the dps since world boss is where I'm weakest ATM but that's a lot of rubies. I don't have a single dark essence.

My normal party is:

+7 Draco brightspark
Max Byron
Max belle snow
Max porin

I'd go for Blackaria. Much more useful overall. WB doesn't give much rubies anyways.

And yeah, max Shabelle and use as helper, or when you're trying to drag fights out for more experience.

KimChi

My normal party is:

+7 Draco brightspark
Max Byron
Max belle snow
Max porin

Max Shabelle whenever you want since you are fine with your current arena team. I would only max her now if you really need her aoe revive in arena.

I'd go with blackaria as well, especially since you don't have dark essence. It will drain even more rubies if you decide to enhance the angel archer compared to enhancing blackaria right now. Plus, blackaria should be able to improve your score in WB with her passive.

garath

Cool. Thanks for the input guys. All signs point to blackaria. Gonna grind my priest a little and see if I can any more essences then make her. I have enough fodder but also have 4 max SS ready to go. Waiting for the month to roll over to get the rewards asap.

Nekki

Oh, thanks guys, I thought it didn't recognize my account or sth!

I just got Fulson, I'm assuming he's much better than Dark Assassin Percy so I immediately switched him.

Is Mara the Succubus any good? I just got her, and having a SSS priest is nice.

vato_loco

I just got Fulson, I'm assuming he's much better than Dark Assassin Percy so I immediately switched him.

Fulson is better than Percy, who is usually fodder. He was for me anyway, I used him for Blackaria and kept Fulson.

Any SSS should be good for the team as long as they have an AoE healing spell, I guess. Porin, Shabelle and Mercedes all do so I would guess she does as well.

KimChi

Yup Fulson is much better than Percy. As for Mara, I think she is pretty good since she can buff the party with lifesteal which makes up for her long cd on her aoe heal that also buffs atk speed. She just lacks a revive.

Uthred

Yup Fulson is much better than Percy. As for Mara, I think she is pretty good since she can buff the party with lifesteal which makes up for her long cd on her aoe heal that also buffs atk speed. She just lacks a revive.

While I can see the argument for it lacking diversity I feel all healers should really have a revive, as it is healers without a revive feel useless or best saved for niche purposes.

garath

While I can see the argument for it lacking diversity I feel all healers should really have a revive, as it is healers without a revive feel useless or best saved for niche purposes.

Eh. I think you could probably get away without a revive. Frankly it's my healer that dies first majority of the time anyways. Aoe heal is far more important to me.

vato_loco

Eh. I think you could probably get away without a revive. Frankly it's my healer that dies first majority of the time anyways. Aoe heal is far more important to me.
This. Blackaria never uses her revive because she's always the first to go. AoE heal is what separates the good from the outstanding.

Uthred

This. Blackaria never uses her revive because she's always the first to go. AoE heal is what separates the good from the outstanding.

I realise I was just assuming AoE heal as a given, I'd say AoE heal is what separates usable from "Oh god I need a better healer!" ;)

Yaari

Just as I wondered last night when I'd get Belle Snow, I got her for the monthly pull today.

Not sure where she fix into my team though.

Have 2 new alt accounts on EU, trying to decide between the 2 (New user accounts so both have Ranran + Mystery King for healing and tanking if needed):

a) Whay, Yvante, Freyd

b) Gram, Pelas, Pearla

Both have another 7 SS + 10 S characters from the recent promos.

What do you guys think?

garath

I realise I was just assuming AoE heal as a given, I'd say AoE heal is what separates usable from "Oh god I need a better healer!" ;)

Definitely. Aoe heal I'd first and foremost. Just saying that I wouldn't place a no revive healer in he useless or niche category. In terms of must have, aoe heal is "can't live without" while revive I'd place in a "nice to have" category.

Ventara

Got Rogue Un for my free SSS. I needed another rogue for the angel rogue and he has a def down ability, so a good pull, I say.

Have 2 new alt accounts on EU, trying to decide between the 2 (New user accounts so both have Ranran + Mystery King for healing and tanking if needed):

a) Whay, Yvante, Freyd

b) Gram, Pelas, Pearla

What do you guys think?

I'd go for b. Gram is a top tier tank, and Pelas will really help for World Bosses.

Whay is also a top-tier unit, though, and she and Yvante are both summoners, so they can be ascended into Ravengale or the far off Boden Summoner.

Pejo

Man, this game keeps making it tougher and tougher to keep playing. I have been slacking on dailies pretty badly lately, but last Thurs i made sure to try my new improved party in Hydra. Hit over a million for the first time, thought that would get me some solid results, didn't even finish 10%. You cannot convince me that THAT many people are getting higher scores, so it has to be participation taking a nosedive.

Combined for a new SSS and got my freebie SSS today, still no priest, fuck everything.

Uthred

Yeah, same, I am up to 2 and I've spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of shoes, even with the buffs in place. 2 essences. I think this pushed me over the edge with this game.

I just bit the bullet and ended up buying them with rubies. I held off on buying the Draco essences and it took me ages to get a Draco which caused me to slip in weekly rankings which meant less rubies which increased the wait time and so on. While it sucks spending rubys on stuff you can get via drops it seems so important to at least try and "Keep up" that doing it early seems better than doing it later. To be honest I think the games been out long enough now that those who spent big early on are in an unassailable position, an issue thats only going to get worse given the games "Rich get richer" design. I'm still having fun with it but I think the writings on the wall.

RedZone

Neo Member
Man, this game keeps making it tougher and tougher to keep playing. I have been slacking on dailies pretty badly lately, but last Thurs i made sure to try my new improved party in Hydra. Hit over a million for the first time, thought that would get me some solid results, didn't even finish 10%. You cannot convince me that THAT many people are getting higher scores, so it has to be participation taking a nosedive.

Combined for a new SSS and got my freebie SSS today, still no priest, fuck everything.

everyones scores are getting higher with all the free SSS, if you get an improvement so does everyone else for the most part, getting over 1m on wb does give 15 rubies though

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just bit the bullet and ended up buying them with rubies. I held off on buying the Draco essences and it took me ages to get a Draco which caused me to slip in weekly rankings which meant less rubies which increased the wait time and so on. While it sucks spending rubys on stuff you can get via drops it seems so important to at least try and "Keep up" that doing it early seems better than doing it later. To be honest I think the games been out long enough now that those who spent big early on are in an unassailable position, an issue thats only going to get worse given the games "Rich get richer" design. I'm still having fun with it but I think the writings on the wall.

My problem is that it's just too many rubies. You need 10 to make the ascended character, and then how many to level him to max? 20 more essences? That's 30 essences to buy, at 30 rubies a pop, which is 900 rubies, which is, if you were to buy with monies, almost $100. Of course, we get a few hundred rubies a week as rewards. Maybe I'll just buy. Of course, the game isn't working on my new iphone for whatever reason, so maybe that'll decide it for me, haha

KimChi

a) Whay, Yvante, Freyd

b) Gram, Pelas, Pearla

What do you guys think?

That is kinda hard to choose between. A lets you eventually get both boden and angel summoner but B gives you a good tank to at least get through the story mode a little easier, Mystery King is not going to cut it for myth and chapter 2 imo. Since you also have some SS those could possibly give you a tank or healer for both A and B. If you think you can live without a guarantee tank to help through the story then go with A, if not then B. It might help to decide if you also list the SS ally each account has, cause a SS Tank could suffice.

Top Bottom