• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Columns are Adventure - Lab - Arena - World Boss - Overall

bxrZffP.jpg

So what is my next move? What should i aim for is it worg turning Deathcrown or Fulson into Dracos?

My team

Me priest
Draco Brightspark 7
Deathcrown Max
Archer UR will be turned into the hunter angel when i get the essence
Captain Fulson Max

edit: Also have Shabelle +5 but since im a priest i dont think i need to go for Blackaria.

garath

Woo. Just pulled shabelle with the freebie GM SSS. I just maxed Porin last week though lol.

Oh well. It still seems worth maxing her and eventually make porin into blackaria. In fact I'm almost thinking about making blackaria over the angel Archer. I only have enough fodder for one or the other. Damn. Dunno.

Chaos17

First Gamevil laughed in official stream that Ravengale buffs doesn't apply on WB because it would be too OP.

Now, they said the contrary and ask players to test themself then send them a video /ok.
Asked DC on stream to this ''Ravengale's damage buff doesn't apply to World Bosses''.

DC said it's working, but it might be not as much as we think it is.
He would like a video to send him which he can send to the dev team to overview it and check the calculations, if there's something wrong
Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?270980-Ravengale-and-Lava-golem&p=798379#post798379

Sciel

Is the new raid boss supposed to always be such a pain in the ass? It seems so stupid to give him so much hp + gain buffs over time. It just makes every DPS besides rogues/non-roa archers irrelevant.

Unless you have 2 priests you are just forced to spam scrolls like nobody's bussiness.

garath

I hate the direction they have been taking the new raids. The whole game is designed around repeating content in the most efficient but time consuming way possible usually through autobattle and good team composition. But these raids are generally random teams, requiring quite a bit of attention and cooperation from all parties and just as grindy, if not moreso than anything else. Its incredibly frustrating. I don't mind challenging content but when you have to repeat it ad nauseum it gets really tiring.

vato_loco

New question:getting Llewellyn is pretty much the same as getting any Draco, only I have to use a specific character? Or how does it work?

Sub question: Llewellyn or Blackaria?

Ventara

New question:getting Llewellyn is pretty much the same as getting any Draco, only I have to use a specific character? Or how does it work?

Sub question: Llewellyn or Blackaria?

You just need an archer, same as Bloodwind.

hard to say without knowing your team, but Blackaria has more use overall and is essential, so I'd go with her.

Pejo

The game is just screwing with me now. SSS freebie was Freyd, created another SSS, another Pelas (4th one now). Still not a SSS healer out of god knows how many SSS, probably near 40-50 now. So depressing.

vato_loco

You just need an archer, same as Bloodwind.

hard to say without knowing your team, but Blackaria has more use overall and is essential, so I'd go with her.
My team right now:

Punisher Rar MAX
Brightspark +6
Shabelle
Loki +2

What would benefit more? An Archer or a Healer?

Ventara

My team right now:

Punisher Rar MAX
Brightspark +6
Shabelle
Loki +2

What would benefit more? An Archer or a Healer?

You're not using Shabelle for Blackaria, right? I don't think your team really needs either. Maxing everyone would be more beneficial. Shabelle is the next best healer and you have enough DPS. But you'll eventually need an overall better team to get through the story, including a good tank, so as to which one to get FIRST, it's hard to say.

I'd still go with Blackaria as she'd be useful for most situations. You can't go wrong with either, though, since you need better DPS/healing/tank down the line anyways.

vato_loco

You're not using Shabelle for Blackaria, right? I don't think your team really needs either. Maxing everyone would be more beneficial. Shabelle is the next best healer and you have enough DPS. But you'll eventually need an overall better team to get through the story, including a good tank, so as to which one to get FIRST, it's hard to say.

I'd still go with Blackaria as she'd be useful for most situations. You can't go wrong with either, though, since you need better DPS/healing/tank down the line anyways.
Is Gram a good enough tank for now? I have Tiel and Ari on hold for deifying them but that's too far away.

I'm using Mercedes as Blackaria fodder, not Shabelle. Her deify is way down the line as well so I figured I'd do it. I have enough SSS to Ultimate her, just not enough fodder to get her to Max right now.

Llewellyn would fill my DPS hole, while Blackaria would fill a Healing hole I can fill with a Max Shabelle. This just got hard...

Ventara

Is Gram a good enough tank for now? I have Tiel and Ari on hold for deifying them but that's too far away.

I'm using Mercedes as Blackaria fodder, not Shabelle. Her deify is way down the line as well so I figured I'd do it. I have enough SSS to Ultimate her, just not enough fodder to get her to Max right now.

Llewellyn would fill my DPS hole, while Blackaria would fill a Healing hole I can fill with a Max Shabelle. This just got hard...

Gram, Tiel and Ari are all great tanks. If you're saving Tiel and Ari for ascension, might as well max them now and put them to use, since you need them at max for ascension anyways. Having all 3 maxed might not be a bad setup for the labyrinth. I'm actually going for that myself.

I still think the Blackaria will be a better choice going for first, but if you want to get Llywelyn, a max Tiel, Shabelle and Brightspark/Loki would be a great team. For Arena, I'd put Shabelle as helper and swap a max Mercedes in.

If you go Blackaria, then a max Tiel, Brightspark and Loki would make a nice team, with Shabelle being Arena helper.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Preview for the next few updates is up for Japan.

https://fanofdragonblaze.wordpress.com/2015/09/24/preview-jp-season-2-3-updates-announced-for-october/

Looks like we're getting storage and item slot expansions, which I desperately need. Also, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but sounds like we're getting an more ally slots for the current 70 that we have.

Edit: Ah fuck, double post. My bad.

Dear god, I need more ally spots. I am always bumping up against the 70 cap.

vato_loco

Gram, Tiel and Ari are all great tanks. If you're saving Tiel and Ari for ascension, might as well max them now and put them to use, since you need them at max for ascension anyways. Having all 3 maxed might not be a bad setup for the labyrinth. I'm actually going for that myself.

I still think the Blackaria will be a better choice going for first, but if you want to get Llywelyn, a max Tiel, Shabelle and Brightspark/Loki would be a great team. For Arena, I'd put Shabelle as helper and swap a max Mercedes in.

If you go Blackaria, then a max Tiel, Brightspark and Loki would make a nice team, with Shabelle being Arena helper.
Sounds like I have a lot of things to be doing. Namely getting a crap ton of fodder for all the maxing I have to do.

I'll take your advice and go with Blackaria. Then pick between Ari and Tiel and max her as well and see how far I can go. Right now I can't even finish Chapter 1 of Season 2, so I've a long way to go.

KimChi

Sounds like I have a lot of things to be doing. Namely getting a crap ton of fodder for all the maxing I have to do.

I'll take your advice and go with Blackaria. Then pick between Ari and Tiel and max her as well and see how far I can go. Right now I can't even finish Chapter 1 of Season 2, so I've a long way to go.
Of the two, max Tiel first since she has an aoe stun. Ari has a single target stun, aside from that they are both literally the same I think.

My free SSS was Mara.I like how she looks but would be more interesting if she could at least revive. Few more days for login SSS then blackaria finally.

RedZone

Neo Member

if you cant finish chp1 of season 2 you shoudl focus on maxing your allies, deifying a draco/angel would hinder your progress on the rest of your team which wont help you progress faster

vato_loco

Tiel first it is! I'm sure they're the same on anything else.

And I'm sure maxing my units would be better than deifying but I just can't help it. I feel stuck right now and making a Blackaria would help in the long run. It... makes sense in my head.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
"more slots for allies, ect."

oh boy, blackaria is going to be even harder to kill in GB lol

edit: also WTF valmut is so tough

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hopefully they add the ability to combine cards soon as theyre clogging up my inventories

Know what's NOT clogging up my inventory? The new essences. I am working on getting my second character to 67 soon, and I've received... 2 essences. Hundreds and hundreds of shoes. Looks like i will have to buy them.

RedZone

Neo Member
Know what's NOT clogging up my inventory? The new essences. I am working on getting my second character to 67 soon, and I've received... 2 essences. Hundreds and hundreds of shoes. Looks like i will have to buy them.

lol for real im still at 1 essence with a 2nd char at half way leveled

arevin01

Looks like the threshold for top 10 for arena will be easy this week. Currently sitting at #2 and no one is really pushing as they're likely all busy leveling and doing the new raids.

Yaari

Looks like the threshold for top 10 for arena will be easy this week. Currently sitting at #2 and no one is really pushing as they're likely all busy leveling and doing the new raids.

It usually starts in the weekend. That's my experience with it anyway.

I hate this new raid so much though. I can't do that with any randoms. Sure I'm undergeared myself but these people full stocked on ress scrolls and at one point you are just getting yourself alive to instantly die again. Sigh.

It's not a good idea to use 3 res scrolls.

Rogue is 67, I didn't get a single damn essence. I hate these new ones. It's shit.

JigsawX

Well answered my own question for who to replace patta with.

Last several combines between yesterday and today.

Byron
Dmitri
Tyron
Pagu
Second Ari
Tiel

6 warriors, its a sign!. Decided to max out field through to replace patta. Not sure if I should keep Dmitri and Byron as laby fill ins though

Crzy1

Well answered my own question for who to replace patta with.

Last several combines between yesterday and today.

Byron
Dmitri
Tyron
Pagu
Second Ari
Tiel

6 warriors, its a sign!. Decided to max out field through to replace patta. Not sure if I should keep Dmitri and Byron as laby fill ins though

Seems that all I've been getting is warriors, also. Finally got Loki last night to break the cycle, but all the SS freebies I got were warriors, got an SS mage from the premium draw bonus, 2 of the last 3 SSS I got were also warriors (none of them with taunt, though). I think I may have to stop leveling my mage and just level a priest this weekend, it's gotten to a point where I can't progress because I don't have a reliable healer. I have 7 more SS that I need to enhance and combine and the day 28 SSS bonus, maybe by the time I'm done with them I can at least get some sort of SSS priest but I don't have a lot of hope at this point.

Salamande

how many rubies did you have to spend to get to that point?

No idea, but I've been playing since release, and I'll spend maybe 5 or 10 bucks a month on rubies. Lately my team's been good enough that I'm getting around 5% in most areas, so I'm getting a pretty decent flow without paying. That said, I just made a Draco Brightspark and am working on El Rio, so I'll need a lot more now.

Limit

Missed out on all the free As given for logging 11pm - 2am time range (central time zone). There is just no way anyone with a regular job or just a normal schedule can be expected to stay awake at that time. Gamevil should adjust these login zones for different time zones. At this point this is my single biggest issue with the

Yaari

Missed them too. I hate how they ignore the fact that players have different timezones. It really should not be that difficult to make it easier for people.

Edit: I hope we can raid in the weekend. I really want some 67-set items for my Draco BS or Llewyn so I can give them better gems.

garath

Missed out on all the free As given for logging 11pm - 2am time range (central time zone). There is just no way anyone with a regular job or just a normal schedule can be expected to stay awake at that time. Gamevil should adjust these login zones for different time zones. At this point this is my single biggest issue with the

100% agree. When I remember, I log into dragon blaze on my computer with Andyroid and leave it on overnight. I set up and auto shutdown at 1am to make sure I get the freebie. I've forgotten three times this week though :(

Top Bottom