• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Kalavaras

Banned
So now they're adding p2w stuff into the game. That's great. That brooch can kiss my butt. So far the game has been quite fair in terms of f2p 'cause the ruby transactions are shit. Few premium pulls with some shoes and tickets is bullshit. But so is that brooch.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So now they're adding p2w stuff into the game. That's great. That brooch can kiss my butt. So far the game has been quite fair in terms of f2p 'cause the ruby transactions are shit. Few premium pulls with some shoes and tickets is bullshit. But so is that brooch.

The brooch?

Uthred

That new raid boss really is bullshit for pugging it, even if you get a group thats using scrolls if you have the wrong classes you're still likely to fail

The brooch?

Dragon Brooch: Accessory Stats: Stamina+53 Accuracy+17.3 Critical Power+34.7 Critical Rate+15.5, I think you can only get it from the $99 package?

Limit

Beastly accessory. I would be a bit salty if that accessory was the only thing stopping me from getting top 50 rank or below. Thankfully it's that + lacking a single unit that's ultimate, let alone a team.

Good deal for all the Saudi princess playing this game though.

Sciel

I could have that team if I didn't go for that stupid Draco Deathcrown. Bleh.

Is that the 2 mage, or the 2 archer formation?
Yup, that is the 2 archer formation @ lvl 28. Can't be bothered to max it haha.

Man I could make 95% of this team today if I wanted, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't reach 8.3m. Nuts. I feel like I'm not equipping my guys properly.
I actually think the score is low-ish for that team composition. My guys (DBS/BW/Aria) are still mostly using phoenix gear w/o any gems. Valmut is just too much of a pain in the ass to farm.

Sciel

I have tried doing that actually and my team ends up dying at a lower score (6m~). Not sure if the heads become stronger the longer they are enraged.

garath

Made my two SSS I was holding on to for the new month. Both files - belle snow and Farq. Oh well more fodder.

Guess I'm making blackaria now. I have just enough fodder to make her AND an angel but I don't have the gold. Bleh.

Made the blackaria +2. Long road of equipping and enhancing now.

400k gold. I guess I could grind up to 3.2 mil again and make an angel lol

vato_loco

Made the blackaria +2. Long road of equipping and enhancing now.
Blackaria +2 using SS or SSS? Losing an Essence even if the enhancement fails sucks, so I'm not sure how I'd proceed.

So I'm level 61 right now, and I still can't get to level 25 in Labyrinth. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Team is Meteor Mage, Blackaria, Brightspark +6, Loki +2 and Ari. Reserve is Shabelle, Gram, Fulson and Tiel.

garath

Blackaria +2 using SS or SSS? Losing an Essence even if the enhancement fails sucks, so I'm not sure how I'd proceed.

So I'm level 61 right now, and I still can't get to level 25 in Labyrinth. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Team is Meteor Mage, Blackaria, Brightspark +6, Loki +2 and Ari. Reserve is Shabelle, Gram, Fulson and Tiel.

Using S. It took me 4 or 5 essences. Sucks but what are you going to do.

Uthred

Yes, it's too hard. I stopped running it completely. No thanks. Having to rely that much on random people is just too annoying.

Relying on randoms can make raid toughers anyway, but composition seems to be critical for this as well. You might as well re-start if you dont get a priest (or if you do get a mage)

vato_loco

Using S. It took me 4 or 5 essences. Sucks but what are you going to do.

Considering I'm not at the point where I can farm Essences and instead buy them, this is not a nice option for me.

Maybe twice a month, whenever I get those free SS or something. But then I'm already working on my next Draco / Angel (or even Boden, considering how long it takes me) so I shouldn't waste SS.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Relying on randoms can make raid toughers anyway, but composition seems to be critical for this as well. You might as well re-start if you dont get a priest (or if you do get a mage)

Yeah, exactly. You can't make it that hard where team comp matters so much. OR, if you do, then increase the f'ing drop rates. I can run 60 raids and not get a single SSS. To run that many when the raid is this annoying? No thanks. I won't bother with it again. Luckily, my level 60/64 stuff works just fine.

Did this latest patch make it so that you don't gain any friend points beyond 500 for using friends? I always made sure to use my friends to stack the points. Sucks.

Also, it'd be nice if they did an essence drop rate happy hour (or whatever they're called) buff like the +50% exp, item drops, etc.

RedZone

Neo Member
Did this latest patch make it so that you don't gain any friend points beyond 500 for using friends? I always made sure to use my friends to stack the points. Sucks.

Also, it'd be nice if they did an essence drop rate happy hour (or whatever they're called) buff like the +50% exp, item drops, etc.

you cant get any more friend pts from exchanging with friends over 500 but running dungeons or doing arena can break the 500 cap

garath

Man. Blackaria plus shabelle makes my arena team like 10x more effective. I can pretty much beat any team that doesn't have the same combo now. Huge gain. Shabelle and blackaria are only +2 as well. Almost like it better that way. Blackaria dies first almost always and shabelle just needs to live long enough to drop the aoe rez and maybe an invulnerability.

I'm pretty sure the dungeon drop rate bonus affects essences. I seem to get many more running dungeons in that time.

Whizkid7

Kind of quiet around here, huh?

Made another SSS this morning, Captain Turq. That gives me a choice now of who to deify and who to use for fodder for getting to ULT. Think I'll use Caberra as fodder and save Turq for eventual deify.

Salamande

Made another SSS this morning, Captain Turq. That gives me a choice now of who to deify and who to use for fodder for getting to ULT. Think I'll use Caberra as fodder and save Turq for eventual deify.

Turq's a pretty good one to deify. Her ATK actually gets really high as you level her up - I think she's right behind regular Brightspark in sheer power. Her sheep can be pretty clutch too.

vato_loco

Out of literally nowhere I got the SSS Wpn Atk card. Who should I give it to?

Blackaria is the most likely to remain forever in my team, but she already has a 12% buff to healing, which I'm guessing is more useful in her. Rest of my team is Brightspark, Loki and Tiel.

RedZone

Neo Member

i diefied my turq into dbs, turqs good for a while but eventually becomes too squishy

Yaari

Blackaria is the most likely to remain forever in my team, but she already has a 12% buff to healing, which I'm guessing is more useful in her. Rest of my team is Brightspark, Loki and Tiel.

I'd save it for a bit. I want that on a damage character. It can help Blackaria with her heal, but its a significant damage booster for a character that will need it much more, talking Deified ones, so not one that will get replaced.

I was tempted to go for the Dragon Brooch today when I saw it on some guy. Great item. But I can't be spending that kind of money right now. It's too bad it is exclusive, but I won't do it at this point.

I got 8 SS's and they need to be upgraded. I don't know where I am going to get all the fodder from. I don't want to use them for upgrades simply because I know I will need them more than I need an early advantage on my Llewyn.

Ventara

As Yarri mentioned, I'd definitely save it for an ascended DPS unit. Those are really rare.

I got 8 SS's and they need to be upgraded. I don't know where I am going to get all the fodder from. I don't want to use them for upgrades simply because I know I will need them more than I need an early advantage on my Llewyn.

When I had a ton of SS, I just ended up using As and even S. With the S pull rate for premium summons being improved so much, it was relatively quick, if costly.

garath

Finally maxed my Draco brightspark. Next I need to decide if I'm going to start limit breaking her or go for the angel Archer.

KimChi

Surprisingly enough I found 7 dark essence so far, and 2 fodder away from Ult-ing Draco Brightspark. How are you guys leveling up Draco Brightspark's skills anyways? After I get around to making the angel archer I'm just gonna go back to farm draco essences to level skills and at least max Greysoul.

vato_loco

I'll save it for my ascended unit then!

Used up about 200 shoes. Only one Blackaria essence. Luck levels then, one incredibly rare SSS card and then a single essence to balance.

Plus side, I'm level 62 now, and used up a bunch of rubies to get S fodder and now I have a Max Brightspark and a Max Loki, with Blackaria next as soon as I get more essences.

dukie85

All these people doing all this high lvl/end game stuff, and I'm struggling my ass off to even get through normal Myth lol

Sciel

Have eased off tremendously on the game in terms of shoe/ticket usage.
The burn-out is real lol. Only gonna log in for attendance/WBs for the next couple of weeks i think.

vato_loco

Oh my, what is this? I used 200 shoes yesterday and got one Brightspark essence (it wasn't a Blackaria one)?

And what is this today? Used only 30 shoes and got 5 essences, but none of them are for Blackaria?

I hate you, game.

Salamande

Oh my, what is this? I used 200 shoes yesterday and got one Brightspark essence (it wasn't a Blackaria one)?

And what is this today? Used only 30 shoes and got 5 essences, but none of them are for Blackaria?

I hate you, game.

I think it's worse when you have the essences you need, then fail a >50% chance to enhance.

3 times in a row.

9T1kgIr.gif

Salamande

Huh, I just realized that the cost to get an extra raid item was cut down to 5 rubies. How long has it been like that?

At that point, the most consistent way to get a raid set is probably to save up about 200 gems, wait for the 100% bonus and put down after every fight. SSS items show up regularly.

All these people doing all this high lvl/end game stuff, and I'm struggling my ass off to even get through normal Myth lol

Don't worry, I was in exactly that same situation just a few weeks ago. Now I have my first Draco and I'm about to start the newest map. Just keep chugging along and you'll be caught up soon enough.

arevin01

I managed to pump out 4 SSS ally combines this week just by using shoes, friend points, and rubies from events. I was able to do it mainly because all the SS I had hanging around. The game is coming to an end to me as well.

Salamande

Last month was definitely an embarrassment of riches. The slowdown in progress is real. I'm almost ready to make Llewellyn next, and I'm kind of dreading the grind.

garath

The grind is so obnoxious. 100% raid bonus and I'm still not getting any reds. Its just mind numbing. That's why my rogue is so under geared.

Uthred

The grind is so obnoxious. 100% raid bonus and I'm still not getting any reds. Its just mind numbing. That's why my rogue is so under geared.

Yeah the grind is getting tedious, been burning shoes leveling up a warrior alt just for something different. Not being able to auto raids, and having to rely on good luck even when "paying attention" has slowed gearing up to a glacial pace, used to regularly burn through all my tickets but now I almost have more than I can use. My play times probably going to be at "life support" levels till the next content patch. Glad they reduced the price of bag expansions to 29 rubies a patch or two ago, constantly running out of space these days.

Beck

I'm just getting frustrated now. Four months playing and I've yet to pull a Priest who's higher than an S.

Also, I have an Ultimate Brighspark. Would it be better to continue using her and wait until I have enough fodder to upgrade a Draco Brightspark to like +5, or is base DB fine as is?

Spent about 1200 of the 1600 or so rubies I had saved up tonight. Made another SSS and managed to pull three SS's, which gave me another free SSS. I also hit the level cap finally. Decent night.

vato_loco

I'm just getting frustrated now. Four months playing and I've yet to pull a Priest who's higher than an S.

Also, I have an Ultimate Brighspark. Would it be better to continue using her and wait until I have enough fodder to upgrade a Draco Brightspark to like +5, or is base DB fine as is?
I don't know about DB, but base Brightspark Ultimate should do an ass ton of damage, I presume.

Whizkid7

All those free SS were definitely helpful; I'm just a few hundred gold short of my Angel now. Could use some extra essences to boost her up a bit, though.

Got a lot of better gear over the weekend - I was having such terrible luck beforehand that I was still using high 40s gear at level 60. Replaced pretty much all of that - got some nice gear for an eventual Draco Brightspark too.

ChrisG683

I wonder if they'll push forward the combining of Draco essences. My blackaria really needs some more, and I don't know if I plan to use these combined 30 Deathcrown or Greysoul essences.

Top Bottom