• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

I think that with the free SS they give, making 2 SSS/week is doable if you're careful with enhancing. I always enhance during the fail bonus. I use S and A units for enhancing SS units now.

Oh, but I only get 35-40 B units per week. No way is anyone getting 20/day.

Been feeling kind of down on the game lately. Not sure why, hoping it passes. Doing pretty well in events at least, got to 55 in Labyrinth and finally started getting 1% in Hydra and Golem. But, idk. Arena especially feels like such a chore, I almost hate doing it now, but I can't pass up those rubies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Been feeling kind of down on the game lately. Not sure why, hoping it passes. Doing pretty well in events at least, got to 55 in Labyrinth and finally started getting 1% in Hydra and Golem. But, idk. Arena especially feels like such a chore, I almost hate doing it now, but I can't pass up those rubies.

Feeling the same but get to 5% on both WB. I gave up on doing guild battle for ruby income since it's so frustrating to play with this current meta. I tried my best to get to 5% for GB but always fall short with around 650 points 3 weeks in a row.

Salamande

Second one in as many months. I've gotten more SSes from the premium summon, too. It definitely feels like the slots have been loosened.

GEYXe3s.jpg

Salamande

Anyone ever see this message? I was grinding some rapport, and had my tanks in without DPS, so I couldn't overcome the boss's healing. Fight lasted about 15 minutes, which has never happened before. This came up after about 10 minutes, and then every minute after that (I'm guessing it stacks). Things got pretty untenable after a while.

Anyone ever see this message? I was grinding some rapport, and had my tanks in without DPS, so I couldn't overcome the boss's healing. Fight lasted about 15 minutes, which has never happened before. This came up after about 10 minutes, and then every minute after that (I'm guessing it stacks). Things got pretty untenable after a while.

Happens in arena too after 5 minutes.

Just use gnollwood myth with 3 rapport units and dbs or dbw. Can max 3 units in 6 shoes total

wapplew

Guys need some advice here, help me decide my next deify.
This is my lineup
DBS ulti, Llywelyn max3, Bw max, Blackaria max
My target was Angel warrior or Ravengal (or save summoner for Boden since Ravengal in our server not as good)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've been down on this game a few times, yet I'm still playing, longer than 99% of other games of this type. The new raid shop will go a LONG way to making the game better.

Guys need some advice here, help me decide my next deify.
This is my lineup
DBS ulti, Llywelyn max3, Bw max, Blackaria max
My target was Angel warrior or Ravengal (or save summoner for Boden since Ravengal in our server not as good)

I might just save your SSS for now. Or perhaps go with GS/ddc if you are planning on those for your DB.

garath

I can't even bring myself to raid anymore. The shop can't come soon enough.

I wax and wane on the game myself. I had a few weeks where I was playing daily, using almost all my shoes and tickets and making 1-2 SSS per week. But normally I'm only playing a little bit during bonuses. Ive only made 2 SSS this month so far. But I also have 900 rubies hoarded for the bonus starting tomorrow. That will give me at least 1-2 SSS

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I stopped raiding near 100%. Just not worth it. And the new raid is just too hard. One of the good things about this game is that old gear is still very much viable in new content. I still use level 55 stuff on some of my guys.

Whizkid7

I must REALLY be doing something wrong if you guys are making SSS a week. It takes me way longer than that; I just don't earn enough rubies OR find enough fodder above C to pull that off right now.

I'm not really complaining, though. I definitely don't spend enough time playing to burn shoes/tickets at the rate I probably need to for that and I've already got two ascended units anyway. Plus I'm not even max level yet! I imagine my thinking will change once I get there.

I must REALLY be doing something wrong if you guys are making SSS a week. It takes me way longer than that; I just don't earn enough rubies OR find enough fodder above C to pull that off right now.

I'm not really complaining, though. I definitely don't spend enough time playing to burn shoes/tickets at the rate I probably need to for that and I've already got two ascended units anyway. Plus I'm not even max level yet! I imagine my thinking will change once I get there.

I do really well at Lab, but for me personally, my ruby income is something like this:

Lab - 200
Hydra - 100
Golem - 100
Arena - 80

So that's close to 500 rubies a week, which is about 18 summons. There's also at least one free A-S summon every day, and probably 3-4 / week from GM events. So combined is about 28 summons. Best case scenario is 14 A for one SSS unless you're using all B's, but I think most people use at least one A followed by a few B's then C's. But once you get toward the end, you need to at least 2 A's, and potentially even an S. So I think 28 summons is pretty close to what you need, and quite possibly a little short.

So I think 1 SSS / week is playing it a little bit loose for most people's income level, I would expect most people to be closer to 400 rubies / week from events.

RedZone

Neo Member

when there are free SS from events you can easily make 1SSS a week with just the daily/GM event A/S units they give out, using S on SS during sundays is a viable option now since S are so easy to obtain

Sweet. They probably saw that no one was bothering with him.

Eh, I have a full Valmut set on my main as well as all my allies. I agree it needs a nerf though, if only because it's not PUG friendly. That said, the new raid will be out next week (although the rumors indicate that it's even harder than Valmut, so yay)

Limit

Eh, I have a full Valmut set on my main as well as all my allies. I agree it needs a nerf though, if only because it's not PUG friendly. That said, the new raid will be out next week (although the rumors indicate that it's even harder than Valmut, so yay)

At least we will have raid shop this time around; making things somewhat more tolerable.

Anyone ever see this message?
Cool, haven't seen that before.

So I think 1 SSS / week is playing it a little bit loose for most people's income level, I would expect most people to be closer to 400 rubies / week from events.

Damn, I make maybe 150 rubies a week. >_>

I really need to focus my team so that I can rank higher in any event. I can't clear stage 30 of Lab, have no idea wtf to do on either WB, and don't have any good allies for GB.

I just hit top 10% in Arena for the first time last week but I barely made it. Arena is such a ticket drain too.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. T_T

Also, how the hell did you all clear Thorny Downs 9? I just get annihilated at the boss group no matter what I try.

RedZone

Neo Member

I really need to focus my team so that I can rank higher in any event. I can't clear stage 30 of Lab, have no idea wtf to do on either WB, and don't have any good allies for GB.

I just hit top 10% in Arena for the first time last week but I barely made it. Arena is such a ticket drain too.

Also, how the hell did you all clear Thorny Downs 9? I just get annihilated at the boss group no matter what I try.

do you have a fully maxed main team? all of the new content really requires a lot of healing/crowd control to survive through the damage

Are all your allies maxed? Do you have any dracos? We got like 4 free SSS last month, seems like most people should have a draco by now

I have Blackaria but she's only +1.

My main team consists of:

Me - Warrior tank
Blackaria +1
Flame Wizard Whay Max
Deathcrown Max
Loki Max

They all have a mix of maxed Phoenix and Aqualis gear with a few SS Aqualis items thrown in.

My subs are:

Knight Tiel Max (I swap her in and out for things like Lab)
Rogue Un Max (will eventually deify)
Archer Pelas (eventually deify or fodder but using for WB right now)
Dark Swordsman Pagu (will deify or use as fodder)
Dark Marble Pearla +3 (was planning to deify into DBrightspark)
Ranger Kay (deify or fodder)

I have 17 SS waiting to combine but I can only scrounge up enough resources to make 1 SSS a week from that pool usually.

I guess I should have used my resources to make more SSS instead of using them to enhance my subs.

At least I've been lucky enough to pull a base unit from each class so that I can eventually deify into anybody. I know a lot of people are chasing a SSS priest, archer, etc.

Holy christ all of you are nuts. How long have you been playing? I've done this for about a month now and I barely scrap the top 40% of the arena. Lab, and weekly bosses I am lucky to get 70-80%. I think I earn like 50-60 rubies a week tops doing all the daily/weekly quests etc.

Hopefully this SS+1 event can help change some of that.

Me - Warrior tank
Blackaria +1
Flame Wizard Whay Max
Deathcrown Max
Loki Max

They all have a mix of maxed Phoenix and Aqualis gear with a few SS Aqualis items thrown in.

My subs are:

I have 17 SS waiting to combine but I can only scrounge up enough resources to make 1 SSS a week from that pool usually.

I guess I should have used my resources to make more SSS instead of using them to enhance my subs.

At least I've been lucky enough to pull a base unit from each class so that I can eventually deify into anybody. I know a lot of people are chasing a SSS priest, archer, etc.

If you've got 17 SS you should start using soem of them on Blackaria. That's basically 8 1/2 SSS, and if you're only making 1 SSS / week you're talking about 2 months. In that time from GM events, premium summons, attendance bonuses, etc you're going to have gotten 8-10 more SS. In other words, you're earning SS at a rate faster than you can enhance them.

Get blackaria to Max IMO

Holy christ all of you are nuts. How long have you been playing? I've done this for about a month now and I barely scrap the top 40% of the arena. Lab, and weekly bosses I am lucky to get 70-80%. I think I earn like 50-60 rubies a week tops doing all the daily/weekly quests etc.

Hopefully this SS+1 event can help change some of that.
I think I started playing in May.

Holy christ all of you are nuts. How long have you been playing?

I started playing back in May but only finished the normal difficulty and just very casually played after that. I didn't understand a lot of the game mechanics so I never really made new units, used my rubies, or participated in the various events. There were whole weeks that I didn't play at all, just logged in for the daily reward, if that. I found the game boring after clearing the first two difficulties and wasn't motivated much to play through two more times.

That all changed once I finally started making some SSS and Chapter 2 came out. I started having fun again.

Get blackaria to Max IMO

Oh yeah, she's definitely my priority but I can't get any of her damn essences to drop. I didn't get a single essence of any kind this entire past weekend. >_> I'm hoping the rate up event this week will help with that. I have about 350 shoes saved up for essence grinding.

Yaari

I got

ULT Llewyn
ULT Draco Brightspark
+7 Blackaria
+3 Draco Deathcrown
MAX+3 Belle Snow

I've been going for SSS since day 1 pretty much. My team is quite decent but I'm absolutely useless in WB or Labyrinth.

I got

ULT Llewyn
ULT Draco Brightspark
+7 Blackaria
+3 Draco Deathcrown
MAX+3 Belle Snow

I've been going for SSS since day 1 pretty much. My team is quite decent but I'm absolutely useless in WB or Labyrinth.

If you had a warrior tank you would be clearing round 50 in Lab easily and 1% on Hydra also easily.

For Lab use Warrior, DDC, DBS, Llywelyn, Black. For Hydra use Warrior, DBS, Llywelyn, Black, Belle, with DDC helper. Bring out DDC at the beginning, and after you are able to summon him a second time, wait 20 seconds then summon him.

Yaari

If you had a warrior tank you would be clearing round 50 in Lab easily and 1% on Hydra also easily

Is warrior good for Hydra then? I thought it was all about Priest in both WBs.

I'm working on a warrior. 62 now. I'm wondering, how much accesories and item slots have you unlocked on yours?

I kind of don't want to spend too mcuh rubies on that now that we have that nice bonus going on tomorrow.

Is warrior good for Hydra then? I thought it was all about Priest in both WBs.

I'm working on a warrior. 62 now. I'm wondering, how much accesories and item slots have you unlocked on yours?

I kind of don't want to spend too mcuh rubies on that now that we have that nice bonus going on tomorrow.

Warrior is ridiculous for Hydra. Completely underrated. The 25% attack and defense bonus across the board, combined with the additional damage reduction from Solitary Battle, lets you stay alive for a really long time. Hydra is all about how long you can stay alive, it's not a dps race. Personally I stay alive long enough to call my helper a second time, and after I call him he lives until his timer has anywhere from 15-30 seconds remaining on it before everyone wipes. If I had DDC there it would be 0-15 seconds due to his invulnerability and taunt (At least I think it would, assuming he absorbs all AoE attacks which I think he does), which would be another 500k points probably.

Only way to get better than warrior IMO is to have a very strong priest with 4 very strong AoE dps. Then you use Black as your helper and summon her when all 4 heads go red. You only have 3 good aoe dps though, as do I, and warrior with 3 dps and black in the main party is the next best thing.

Last week I made top 50 with Warrior, DBS+ULT, Llyw+ULT, DBW+ULT, Black+MAX and Deathcrown (regular)+MAX. I think I scored around 8.6 million

Obviously you don't have the DBW, but Belle Snow is still really good, so I think you could definitely get 1%

For Labyrinth you'll need all the accessories and item slots, but for Hydra you don't need any of it.

Is DBrightspark useful in the long term or is she outclassed by whatever her angel and boden counterpart is? I was planning on making her my second draco but at the rate I'm going, the others will probably be out before I can make DBS.

Is DBrightspark useful in the long term or is she outclassed by whatever her angel and boden counterpart is? I was planning on making her my second draco but at the rate I'm going, the others will probably be out before I can make DBS.

I've heard she isn't used in the long run, although eventually you'll need her for the mage Dragon Buster.

Crzy1

Damn, I keep trying to get any SSS priest and I keep getting great units that I don't really want but are nonetheless great. Just pulled Archer Ur which is fantastic and should really help me in WB. Now I'm probably going to focus on maxing him rather than working towards Llywelyn with Dark Archer Pitch, which was going to be my focus after this combine if I didn't pull a priest. I now have an avenue to use Fire All At One with a second archer, also.

My healing priest toon is level 61 now, have basically retired Ranran, so I have been able to swap in another DPS unit to my team or a tank as needed so Ur should fit right in and give my DBS a hell of a damage increase in WB. Sucks that the mage I spent so much time on doesn't have a useful spot now, though.

RedZone

Neo Member

Me - Warrior tank
Blackaria +1
Flame Wizard Whay Max
Deathcrown Max
Loki Max

My subs are:

with that many ss you should be able to make 1SSS without using any rubies just from gm/free A/S daily rewards, not sure if you are enhancing only on sundays but this week i didnt summon at all on sunday and still made 2SSS just from the stuff collected during the week, i got no As and 3Bs from 1k friend pts too so no real rng

Patch notes for those that haven't seen.

New events added

Platinum Ally Summon 20% OFF (10/12 ~ 10/19)

Platinum Ally Summon Bonus 1+1 (10/12 ~ 10/19)

Receive an additional bonus Ally when you acquire a bonus Ally through summoning:

EX) Summon 3 A Allies and receive an additional S Ally for a total of two S Allies. Summon 3 S Allies and receive 2 SS Allies and etc.

Special Popup Ruby Bonus

Special Popup Ruby Bonus Details

$49.99 Popup Package >> +70 Rubies
$99.99 Popup Package >> +200 Rubies

In addition, all the events will be 24 hours a day until the event ends.

Increased Dark Essences Drop Rate Event (10/12 ~ 10/19)

SS~SSS Raid Item Drop Rate 2X (10/12 ~ 10/19)

In the case of the SS~SSS Raid Item Drop rate, since it is applied all day every day, there will be an even higher increase in drop rates when the daily SS~SSS Raid Item drop rate buff is applied.
​
Various fixes and improvements

Decreased Valmut difficulty and improved the Valmut AI Bots

Sucks (for me) that the essence increase is apparently only for dark essences. T_T

Also, people are saying that the 1+1 bonus isn't working so I'd hold off on spending rubies until that is addressed.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Silly me. I thought the Platinum Ally summon bonus was active since the server came up with the new patch and the summon rates were cheaper.

"10/13 ~ 10/20: Platinum Ally Summon 1+1 Bonus"

I summoned a SS and didn't get the bonus 2nd SSS since it's not the 13th yet. Hope I can do it again with 1.5k rubies left

KimChi

Silly me. I thought the Platinum Ally summon bonus was active since the server came up with the new patch and the summon rates were cheaper.

"10/13 ~ 10/20: Platinum Ally Summon 1+1 Bonus"

I summoned a SS and didn't get the bonus 2nd SSS since it's not the 13th yet. Hope I can do it again with 1.5k rubies left

They already updated the patch notes, all events are active. With the 1+1 bonus you get it after maintenance next week.

Platinum Ally Summon 20% OFF (10/12 ~ 10/19)

Platinum Ally Summon Bonus 1+1 (10/12 ~ 10/19)

Receive an additional bonus Ally when you acquire a bonus Ally through summoning:

Welp, looks like it's time for me to spend that 5k rubies I been saving up. With this I'll very likely have ultimate Piyoel and Kymael on the day they are released and my ultimate ascended arena team will be completed.

The increased drop rate for the dark essence is also noticeable. I was able to get 2 of them after 10 runs. Could just be RNG being RNG though.

Also IMO, I would not be afraid to buy things in Dragon Blaze that has a special sale that is not working correctly. Gamevil did a pretty good compensation the last time they messed up the buy 10 get 2 free by just doubling the amount that you bought. Worse case would just be they give you what you paid for at a later date like how they are handling it this time.

Ventara

Oh man, I did not know there was a 20% summon discount. I thought it was just the summon bonus 1+1, so I did 800 rubies worth of pulls yesterday.

Not a huge loss, I guess. Still sucks for me.

Wonder what the emergency maintenance is

They really need to put this shit on the in-game popups.

Greetings Bodens,

We will be undergoing a short emergency maintenance in order to fix some issues.
Apologies for the inconvenience especially after completing our previous maintenance.
We hope to have everything resolved quickly.

Global: 10/12 11:00PM ~ 11:30PM PDT
SEA: 10/13 14:00 ~ 14:30 SGT
EU: 10/13 8:00 ~ 8:30 CEST

Maintenance duration: 30 minutes

Details
Fix an issue with being unable to claim Jewel Summons from Smart Package purchases

If you have purchased a Smart Package and are experiencing this issue, please do NOT delete the Jewel Summons from your mailbox. You will be able to claim it after the maintenance.

Thank you.

Uthred

I''d say 300 is closer to "most" peoples weekly income, and by most I mean people arsed to post about the game online ;), 5% in most events seems to be what F2P people aim for/manage, so leaving out GB you're looking at just under 300 a week.

vato_loco

I''d say 300 is closer to "most" peoples weekly income, and by most I mean people arsed to post about the game online ;), 5% in most events seems to be what F2P people aim for/manage, so leaving out GB you're looking at just under 300 a week.

How, exactly, do you get 300 rubies a week? I got 700 in a month or so, and that's only because I managed to finish Myth difficulty, which game me 260 rubies.

How long have you been playing? Seems like if you've been around since the beginning you can probably get 1% arena and lab, 5% everything else

Uthred

How, exactly, do you get 300 rubies a week? I got 700 in a month or so, and that's only because I managed to finish Myth difficulty, which game me 260 rubies.

5% in all events should net you ~280, add in daily and weekly ruby bonuses (admittedly I rarely hit 5% in WB and my guild is terrible so my actual income is probably closer to ~250)

How long have you been playing? Seems like if you've been around since the beginning you can probably get 1% arena and lab, 5% everything else

Since the beginning of June, totally F2P. Lucky to hit 5% in Lab (cant help but think leveling a Mage first was a mistake, Warriors in the low 60's so that should turn it around), 1% in Arena is probably doable, I've done it once or twice but the grind is killer. WB I also generally only manage 10%, 5% if I get lucky. I think one of the issues for F2P players is the focus on Season 3, everyone know its coming and when you're F2P theres a tendency to focus on the units with the best longevity so I've a few SSS hoarded for Boden upgrades for example.

vato_loco

5% in all events should net you ~280, add in daily and weekly ruby bonuses (admittedly I rarely hit 5% in WB and my guild is terrible so my actual income is probably closer to ~250)
Oh, that's how. I'm not even close to reaching 5% in anything, so small wonder I can't get close to 300 rubies a week.

RedZone

Neo Member

ya im f2p also and i cant get even get top 5% in lab since i dont have a warrior, also wb top 5% is kind of just luck when you dont have full draco/angel lineup. arena top 1% is probably doable but the grind is just too much, i think its easier to grind for a better gb ranking and get 100+ rubies that way

Well the +1 bonus was a complete bust for me. Had been saving up since I started playing the game in attempts to hopefully get something good. Nothing but A and S ranked units. Not even a single SS unit in 900 rubies worth of pulls.

At least I have some fodder now.

Whizkid7

Oh, that's how. I'm not even close to reaching 5% in anything, so small wonder I can't get close to 300 rubies a week.

I'm in a similar boat. I could, if I really pushed for it, manage above 10% in Arena but that's about my highest gain right now. Everything else I'm usually hovering above 20% or below. Hence my focus on MAXing out my current characters and leveling so I can crank that a bit higher.

yamo

Is the increased essence drop rate live right now (and if so how do I tell)?

Also, is the increased rate for all types of essences?

Top Bottom