• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

RedZone

Neo Member
Is the increased essence drop rate live right now (and if so how do I tell)?

Also, is the increased rate for all types of essences?

its live and only dark essence, ive gotten 3 since the patch which is pretty good considering i was getting less than 1 essence a day before lol

Protip for anyone who is able to pass round 50 of Lab. Unlike round 25, you actually get a *higher* score by starting at 25 and beating 50 than you do by starting at 50, and it's also surprisingly easier since you have the ability to bring out a helper at the end of 49, giving him a few extra seconds to get his important invulnerability skill off before the initial barrage from ackard.

Uthred

Does Draco Greysoul "go the distance" i.e. is he still useful in S3? Trying to decide between him and Draco Brightspark. After that I think I'll give in and make Draco Death Crown, up to 30 DC essences, I can take the hint game!

Premium 1+1 bonus would be of more use to me if I ever managed to pull a SS, might blow my rubies on the hope of (ha) getting three.

RedZone

Neo Member
Does Draco Greysoul "go the distance" i.e. is he still useful in S3? Trying to decide between him and Draco Brightspark. After that I think I'll give in and make Draco Death Crown, up to 30 DC essences, I can take the hint game!

greysoul gets buffed in s3 so if anything he becomes better, as of now hes good but not spectacular, i think the instakill goes up to 30 or 40% in s3, brightspark is still good later for wb, shes pretty much necessary now for high level arena, the guaranteed stun is very good

Anybody know what percentage your stats boost by when you use a SSS stat skill card? For example, suppose you have a SSS DEX skill card from the daily dungeon. What % DEX does it give you?

Salamande

Is the increased essence drop rate live right now (and if so how do I tell)?

Also, is the increased rate for all types of essences?

Not sure about the others, but I got 3 dark essences in 40 shoes, which is outstanding (and let me max out my Llywelyn way before I thought I would). There seems to be some kind of adjustment.

KimChi

Not sure about the others, but I got 3 dark essences in 40 shoes, which is outstanding (and let me max out my Llywelyn way before I thought I would). There seems to be some kind of adjustment.

lucky, I've gone through 200 shoes and not a single essence. Especially hate it when I finish off a boss and see essence drop pop in the chat but its someone else =.=

garath

No essences for me. Done about 50 shoes so far. I also don't see anything about the 10+1 ally pull. Where in game do they show this stuff? They certainly don't communicate it very well.

I have 500 shoes. I don't want to waste them

KimChi

No essences for me. Done about 50 shoes so far. I also don't see anything about the 10+1 ally pull. Where in game do they show this stuff? They certainly don't communicate it very well.

you get an extra bonus ally its not 10+1. So if you get the 3 A for 1 free S you get an additional S, etc. for SS and SSS. You do not get the bonus ally until after maintenance next week. Don't see the point of pulling now when we can get even more rubies this week and go crazy on sunday with enhance fail buff~

RedZone

Neo Member

theres no 10+1 its 20% discount, and its all on the official forum or you can click the banners in the news in game which will redirect you there

vato_loco

700 rubies and not a single SS ally to complete the 3 and get two SSS. 150 shoes and not a single Blackaria essence.

Fuck you, RNG. Just fuck you.

RedZone

Neo Member
700 rubies and not a single SS ally to complete the 3 and get two SSS. 150 shoes and not a single Blackaria essence.

Fuck you, RNG. Just fuck you.

SS are still pretty rare, not terribly suprised 700 got none, and the buff is for dark essence not draco essence

garath

I really don't think that dark essence buff is live. I don't see any links to the patch notes in game and they have always had a buff icon for stuff like that.

Is the raid boss any easier?

RedZone

Neo Member
I really don't think that dark essence buff is live. I don't see any links to the patch notes in game and they have always had a buff icon for stuff like that.

Is the raid boss any easier?

theres no icon because the essence buff and raid drop buff are both all day so no icon, the icon just means double buff during those times. Also guess i was wrong they changed it to all essence buffed drop rate

In addition, all the events will be 24 hours a day until the event ends.

Increased All Draco and Dark Essence Drop Rate Event (10/12 ~ 10/19)

SS~SSS Raid Item Drop Rate 2X (10/12 ~ 10/19)

Uthred

Have to say the raid drop rate increase means nothing to me, even with the 100% increase on the weekends its far too common to get SS and still see all blues.

800 rubies and zero SS, sort of wish the "lower" ones didnt get supplanted but they all ran at the same time, so that you'd eventually get your 3 SS. Luck was a bit better, 3 dark essences in ~230 shoes, so roughly 1 per 75 shoes.

Crzy1

Got a free SSS (another rogue :/) after doing 20 pulls and was able to get my Archer Ur to Max with all the fodder I picked up. Also getting plenty of Deathcrown, Bloodwind and Greysoul essences, but none for Blackaria or Brightspark.

Haven't had much luck in raids, though. Ran a few earlier and got nothing but blues, going to hold off until the 50% buff kicks in, I guess.

Does anyone know if Captain Fulson is worth keeping or should I just max rapport him and then use him for fodder?

Whizkid7

Woohoo! I finally got past round 30 in Lab! I knew MAXing out Turq would help. 35 straight up stomped me though. Oh well, new goal!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Ugh i wish they promoted people to do WB like they do with GM events for guild battles. Pulling my hair that I haven't been able to reach 1% after months of playing.

B9sN2lD.jpg

I'm tempted to just stop using this Ur and get Ravengale in the coming weeks since I see her commonly owned in the top 50 for WB

vato_loco

Does anyone know if Captain Fulson is worth keeping or should I just max rapport him and then use him for fodder?
From what other GAFers told me, Fulton is definitely not fodder. I keep him as my Helper in Arena and Lab and he's definitely really good. Also the only reason he's not on my main team is because I already have a Loki.

SS are still pretty rare, not terribly suprised 700 got none, and the buff is for dark essence not draco essence
Oh I'm absolutely aware that it's only for Dark Essences. Imagine my surprise when I didn't get a single one.

I'll just purchase the Blackaria essences, there's really no other way for me to get her to go up. I got a couple of SS there ready to be her fodder so I can ultimate her, but it's ruby collection time for me.

garath

I guess my luck has been pretty poor lately. I've never seen a single dark essence drop. Used about 100 shoes yesterday. But hey, if it's live then I'll use the other 400.

garath

This game trolls me so hard. Started doing premium summons. First was an S, then and SS. Then a string of S units. Finally get 3 As and then nothing my As after that lol. No bonuses for me yet other than that single S.

Yaari

Think I'm just going to work towards getting Kamiel ULT on day 1. That would be fun.
I can probably do that. Still got plenty of time left.

Whizkid7

Who else do you have in your lab lineup? I can't get past 30.

It's definitely necessary to have someone with invulnerability to survive those first few seconds of insanity. My best run was

Warrior Tank
Tiel+MAX (My invul tank)
Bloodwind+MAX
Porin MAX+1
Llyewyn+3

Byron+MAX, Turq+MAX, Shabelle and Pelas as helpers. I called Byron in right as I dropped the last enemy on 29 so he activated his invulnerability when 30 started (in case Tiel's wasn't up). Waited for them to blow all their skills, revive scroll, nuked.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Took my Llywelyn to Ultimate yesterday. Took her into GB to test her out, no regrets. I was worried that she'd instantly kill the other team's blackaria, and she did all the time, but that's okay because our own blackaria would die a few seconds later. If there's a blackaria on each time, I prefer that mine die second. If there's no BA though, LLy just shuts down their caster.

garath

Llywllen is really good in the arena too. I've been actively avoiding max and better llywellens. Tempted to make one myself.

Whizkid7

Llywllen is really good in the arena too. I've been actively avoiding max and better llywellens. Tempted to make one myself.

Even at only +3 she nukes thing so fast for me that I'll blink and be like "...Wait, it's over?" I will stay far, far away from anyone with her on their team.

commish

Yeah, she murders in Arena. She always has 4 or 5 kills, and that's with me using max Bloodwind and DBS as well.

KimChi

Finally saw some dark essence drop, got 2 from 30 shoes before going to sleep yesterday and got 3 more today using up 60 shoes.

Man I am so behind on DB thanks to my tablet breaking :(

You could try playing it on your computer through an emulator. Look up andyroid if you want to give it a try.

She is definitely worth it, good boost in WB and overall just useful in everything. I am aiming for her as next deify atm.

Crzy1

From what other GAFers told me, Fulton is definitely not fodder. I keep him as my Helper in Arena and Lab and he's definitely really good. Also the only reason he's not on my main team is because I already have a Loki.

Yeah, I already have Loki as well, so wasn't sure what to do with him. May use him to deify to Greysoul, but that will be quite a while off.

garath

She is definitely worth it, good boost in WB and overall just useful in everything. I am aiming for her as next deify atm.

Well you convinced me. I'm bored anyways. I have enough fodder and a max dark arrow Farq collecting dust.

Just need another 1.5mil gold and the essences sigh.

Made lab 54 with I would say is a subpar team. Ran out of scrolls at 54 otherwise could have likely cleared 54 as well.

qsqZrWR.png

54 is honestly hard as hell. It's weird, it doesn't matter much how strong your DPS are, what matters is whether you get lucky and all your invincibilities trigger at just the right times. Until 55 anyway. 55 you need insane DPS because there's a bunch of Porins healing the crap out of everything and their heals are really strong.

I'm surprised you made it with only 1 DPS though. How'd you kill anything? I use Ari as a helper and DBW in the main team.

commish

I can only get to 40-something in lab. I should really fork over the rubies to unlock all my item slots for my warrior. I feel like not having 15 scrolls is holding me back.

ChrisG683

I feel like with my lineup, I should be getting much better results than I'm getting

I've got a Magnify Priest and a Rage Rush Warrior (10k DEF and lv 8 taunt for decent tanking, 7/7/9/1 passives)

• Draco Brightspark +MAX
  • Draco Bloodwind +MAX
  • Draco Blackaria +3
  • Captain Shabelle +MAX
  • Shining Sword Loki +MAX
  • Flame Wizard Whay +MAX
  • Queen Caberra +MAX
  • Archer Ur +MAX
  • Dmitri
  • And I'm 1 SSS fodder away from Llywellyn with 18 upgrade essences ready (after the first 10)

• Arena - Pretty easy to get top 5%, not really lineup dependent.
  • Golem - Been snubbed out of Golem top 5% two weeks in a row now (1.144mil this week, 1.014 mil last week). I saw advice around here that Rage Rush is actually better than magnify for Golem, but I barely cross 900k with my Warrior.
  • Labyrinth - I'm currently sitting at 865k, which I think I got to like round 33-34? My whole team just gets 1-shot. I haven't been blessed with invuln allies, so that's part of it I guess
  • Hydra - Again, snubbed out of the top 5% two weeks in a row now (2.219 mil).

I don't know if it's my lineups, bad luck, or bad ally call timing, but I just seem to fall way short of what similar lineups are achieving.

I can only get to 40-something in lab. I should really fork over the rubies to unlock all my item slots for my warrior. I feel like not having 15 scrolls is holding me back.

Having all 3 sets of scrolls is 100% necessary to get a good score. I can get up to 55, but even by round 40 I've occasionally got 2 scrolls on cooldown, and by the time I beat 45 it's almost a given that I have all 3 on cooldown.

I feel like with my lineup, I should be getting much better results than I'm getting

I've got a Magnify Priest and a Rage Rush Warrior (10k DEF and lv 8 taunt for decent tanking, 7/7/9/1 passives)

• Draco Brightspark +MAX
  • Draco Bloodwind +MAX
  • Draco Blackaria +3
  • Captain Shabelle +MAX
  • Shining Sword Loki +MAX
  • Flame Wizard Whay +MAX
  • Queen Caberra +MAX
  • Archer Ur +MAX
  • Dmitri
  • And I'm 1 SSS fodder away from Llywellyn with 18 upgrade essences ready (after the first 10)

• Arena - Pretty easy to get top 5%, not really lineup dependent.
  • Golem - Been snubbed out of Golem top 5% two weeks in a row now (1.144mil this week, 1.014 mil last week). I saw advice around here that Rage Rush is actually better than magnify for Golem, but I barely cross 900k with my Warrior.
  • Labyrinth - I'm currently sitting at 865k, which I think I got to like round 33-34? My whole team just gets 1-shot. I haven't been blessed with invuln allies, so that's part of it I guess
  • Hydra - Again, snubbed out of the top 5% two weeks in a row now (2.219 mil).

I don't know if it's my lineups, bad luck, or bad ally call timing, but I just seem to fall way short of what similar lineups are achieving.

What kind of gear and skill cards do you have, and what are the specific lineups you're using for Golem and Hydra?

For Labyrinth you're probably going to have a difficult time getting further than 35 with your team. Your warrior is DPS and not Tank, and you don't have Gram, Ari, Tiel, or really any good tank for that matter.

arevin01

54 is honestly hard as hell. It's weird, it doesn't matter much how strong your DPS are, what matters is whether you get lucky and all your invincibilities trigger at just the right times. Until 55 anyway. 55 you need insane DPS because there's a bunch of Porins healing the crap out of everything and their heals are really strong.

I'm surprised you made it with only 1 DPS though. How'd you kill anything? I use Ari as a helper and DBW in the main team.

DBS can solo DPS everything. She's pretty amazing. I tried running BW or Lly but they are just too squishy for lab. I pop BW ally and Lyl ally between 41-50. Lab 54 dont seem that bad, just had only 3 scrolls when I made it there.

Top Bottom