• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

ChrisG683

What kind of gear and skill cards do you have, and what are the specific lineups you're using for Golem and Hydra?

For Labyrinth you're probably going to have a difficult time getting further than 35 with your team. Your warrior is DPS and not Tank, and you don't have Gram, Ari, Tiel, or really any good tank for that matter.

Everyone is sporting nearly complete Whirlpool sets, and everyone is using the A rank or better Base Atk card, plus A rank or better DPS oriented gems. I'm also using the Fire all at Once formation for bosses (only lv 16 still, just bought it a few days ago). For Labyrinth, I'm using the basic Solidarity of Heart formation.

For Golem, my best results are with...
Magni Priest, Brightspark, Bloodwind, Ur, and Loki, with Whay assisting

For Hydra, my best results are with...
Magni Priest, BrightSpark, Bloodwind, Ur, Whay, and either Loki/Blackaria/Shabelle assisting.

For lab, my line up is...
Warrior, Blackaria, Brightspark, Bloodwind, and Caberra, with Whay, Loki, Shabelle, and Ur Assisting.

As for my warrior tank, does the Taunt Ultimate and 3 more levels of Defense Passive make that big of a difference? The taunt itself is pretty useless in Lab since AoE is what kills me, and I feel like an 8% reduction on my allies won't matter. I don't know if 3 more levels of the defense passive would keep me alive that much longer either. It feels like I just need another tank with invuln/stun.

----Edit-----
On revisiting the skill, from Lv 8 Solitary battle -> Ultimate, I guess I'd be adding another 20% damage reduction (plus 8% if I receive the party buff as well). That's possible big chunk of damage reduction. I also have almost no EVA, I feel like the whirlpool sets don't give any EVA. Maybe I should farm up a Valmut set instead now.

Uthred

Havent seen much discussion of formations, any of them particularly useful? Hoping that getting my Warrior to max will open up Lab a bit. Starting to prefer Lab over other stuff as it feels a bit more open to tinkering, the other events are either fairly tedious (Arena) or seem to have an almost pre-defined "BIS" slot team to aim for (which is fine to a certain extent as it takes ages to get to).

Chaos17

@arevin01 : I tried again this week your tip about enhancing SS with the new batch of A and... MASTER I AM SORRY YOU WERE RIGHT! *bow*

Yaari

I should be doing much better in Laby. My team is a lot better then some of yours, and you guys are killing it.

Hopefully my warrior gets up there soon. Level63 now and I got 5/6 of the 64 set ready. Not as good as the 67 set, but better than nothing.

Everyone is sporting nearly complete Whirlpool sets, and everyone is using the A rank or better Base Atk card, plus A rank or better DPS oriented gems. I'm also using the Fire all at Once formation for bosses (only lv 16 still, just bought it a few days ago). For Labyrinth, I'm using the basic Solidarity of Heart formation.

For Golem, my best results are with...
Magni Priest, Brightspark, Bloodwind, Ur, and Loki, with Whay assisting

For Hydra, my best results are with...
Magni Priest, BrightSpark, Bloodwind, Ur, Whay, and either Loki/Blackaria/Shabelle assisting.

For lab, my line up is...
Warrior, Blackaria, Brightspark, Bloodwind, and Caberra, with Whay, Loki, Shabelle, and Ur Assisting.

As for my warrior tank, does the Taunt Ultimate and 3 more levels of Defense Passive make that big of a difference? The taunt itself is pretty useless in Lab since AoE is what kills me, and I feel like an 8% reduction on my allies won't matter. I don't know if 3 more levels of the defense passive would keep me alive that much longer either. It feels like I just need another tank with invuln/stun.
Levelling up your formation will help quite a bit in World Boss. I honestly don't know how people get crazy scores in Golem. Best I can do is 2.1 million, and that's with Warrior, Ultimate DBW, Ultimate DBS, Ultimate Llywelyn, Deathcrown MAX+3. That seems like a pretty solid team right? Yet I can't even get 1%.

In Labyrinth, I don't think that you need the tank warrior to get farther than you're getting, but you will need it for example to pass round 50. The main thing you're lacking for Lab is an invulnerability tank. I use Tank Warrior, Gram MAX, Blackaria+MAX, DBW+ULT, DBS+ULT, and my helpers are Ari, Tiel, Deathcrown, and Llywellyn.

Ari and Tiel are champions here, because you can bring them out on an x4 or x9 round and they will hit Ambrosia's Protection giving you 15 seconds of invulnerability while everyone else wipes.

That said, my warrior almost never gets 1 shotted anymore. Post 50 he starts going down relatively fast, but still not 1 shotted. DEF and Solitary Battle is a big part of it, but I've also stacked STA/EVA/All Resist necklaces on my accessories. My evasion is about 45% and All Resist is up to 50% for some elements. Really makes a difference on the magic stages.

arevin01

@arevin01 : I tried again this week your tip about enhancing SS with the new batch of A and... MASTER I AM SORRY YOU WERE RIGHT! *bow*

lol yeah, not sure if this is sarcasm but thanks. Remember it works best if you saved up 25-40 B/Cs before you start enhancing. Not 25 Bs like some misinterpreted what I said but a combo of 25 to 40 Bs and Cs. You should be able to get 25-40 of B/Cs everyday easily with 50% off friend points and spending all your shoes farming.

You should be able to get all the SS to +5 all by Sat and use the decrease enhance cost to max. With the SS they've been giving us, you should be on pace to make 2 SSS by Sat/Sun. You shouldnt have to spend any rubies for ally summons but can if you want. For myself , I'm on pace to make 3 SSS this week.

Salamande

It's pretty hilarious how easy Valmut is now - they weren't kidding with the nerf. Take a priest and a couple of rogues and you're laughing.

Uthred

It's pretty hilarious how easy Valmut is now - they weren't kidding with the nerf. Take a priest and a couple of rogues and you're laughing.

A priest and a couple of rogues worked pretty well pre-nerf as well. I'm more interested to see how it works with sub-par PUG groups, especially with Wizards

garath

Oh, gonna have to try the new raid now. Both of my chars will get the ruby bonus for it :p

Used 200 shoes and got 3 dark essences. Guess we're on our way to Llewyln. Another 1000 shoes should do the trick -_-

Cybolt

Oh, gonna have to try the new raid now. Both of my chars will get the ruby bonus for it :p

Used 200 shoes and got 3 dark essences. Guess we're on our way to Llewyln. Another 1000 shoes should do the trick -_-

Your rate for dark essences seem a little better than mine. I think I have about 600 runs (according to the 3d booster quest) and only seen 2 essences myself.

Khilandros

Just started playing this game and saw you guys had a thread all about it, figured I would say Hi and read through whatever info will help me. The game is a lot of fun and that constant mail with shoes and goodies is something else, lol.

Player name: Khilandros
Character: Solinas (mage lvl 11+)
US Server

Looking for friends and a guild to join.

RedZone

Neo Member
Your rate for dark essences seem a little better than mine. I think I have about 600 runs (according to the 3d booster quest) and only seen 2 essences myself.

its just rng, ive gotten like 5 essence today, the drop buff is definetely real, ive gotten more essence in the last 3 days than the entire time since patch hit

Just started playing this game and saw you guys had a thread all about it, figured I would say Hi and read through whatever info will help me. The game is a lot of fun and that constant mail with shoes and goodies is something else, lol.

Player name: Khilandros
Character: Solinas (mage lvl 11+)
US Server

Looking for friends and a guild to join.

Welcome to the fun (grind)! I sent you a friend request. Game name is Inbachi.

Haha weird i had 30 shoes this morning so i started a run with no bonus or anything. When i arrived at work i hade 3 Dark essence :) screw you rng!

Chaos17

lol yeah, not sure if this is sarcasm but thanks. Remember it works best if you saved up 25-40 B/Cs before you start enhancing. Not 25 Bs like some misinterpreted what I said but a combo of 25 to 40 Bs and Cs. You should be able to get 25-40 of B/Cs everyday easily with 50% off friend points and spending all your shoes farming.

You should be able to get all the SS to +5 all by Sat and use the decrease enhance cost to max. With the SS they've been giving us, you should be on pace to make 2 SSS by Sat/Sun. You shouldnt have to spend any rubies for ally summons but can if you want. For myself , I'm on pace to make 3 SSS this week.

It was not sarcarsm :p
Thanks again for the tip, I was able to max kinda easely an SS yesterday.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
11m in Hydra this week and not enough to get into Top 50. fml.

You must not be on the US server right?

I got 6m on Hydra today and it's still not even near 1%. Feel like I need a team full of ultimates to compete.

commish

Whizkid7

Off topic but seeing as we're all mobile f2p junkies in here, a game called Seven Knights just released globally. Its on iOS and play store right now. Its by netmarble and started in Korea. Probably a hot mess of grinding but what f2p isn't?

Its a strategy rpg.

I'll be checking it out tonight when I'm back on WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.sknightsgb

Don't do this to me. I can't add another mobile game to my list of things I stare at my tablet for. It DOES look nice thou-NO BRAIN STOP IT!

commish

Let me know if its any good

I only spent 10 minutes so and (unfortunately), it seems like one I'll probably continue to play. I've tried ALL of these types of games, and 99% I stop after 10 minutes. But this one seems pretty fun and engaging. Will post more detailed impressions once I get some more time with it.

garath

I only spent 10 minutes so and (unfortunately), it seems like one I'll probably continue to play. I've tried ALL of these types of games, and 99% I stop after 10 minutes. But this one seems pretty fun and engaging. Will post more detailed impressions once I get some more time with it.

I'm going to have to figure out the rerolling (and then do it for two days) before I play. Lol.

One thing I did read which I liked is your starter gets to be evolved into a 5* or 6* or something. So they are actually going to be your best unit for awhile.

Chaos17

Off topic but seeing as we're all mobile f2p junkies in here, a game called Seven Knights just released globally. Its on iOS and play store right now. Its by netmarble and started in Korea. Probably a hot mess of grinding but what f2p isn't?

Its a strategy rpg.

Tried, I'm already feeling bored after 30+ mins.

Pro : has dynamyc visuel effects

Cons :
- to fuse ally you need to level them to lvl 30 and MAX+5 (so yeah I didn't fuse anything after 1 hour of playing).
- UI and quests are quite messy, it's overcorwnded (I'm glat Ia m playing on pc on big screen).
- you can't remove equipement (even on main hero)

So you're kinda forced to MAX a hero that you don't care to be able to fuse it, which take a lot of gold for a newbie. I'm personaly not feeling it. Also, you want to level up each unit at least once because you get rubies. So yeah it's a grindy game with no auto retry dungeon, it's a step back for me compared to Dragon Blaze, specialy when 7 knight came after it.

I am not ready to play a similar game with less "quality of life systems" than I've now, lol

Yaari

I'll probably skip it. I like these games but you end up putting more hours into them than you'd probably want. Plus its much harder for me to quit than it is to start them, haha.

Its a strategy rpg.

Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.

Myth is just too much. I'm at a standstill

Do you have some high level friends to help you out?

Yaari

Excited for Friday's Twitch Stream?

We're offering Viewership Rewards! The more eyes, the bigger the prize!

1,000 Live Viewers: Premium Ally

1,750 Live Viewers: S~SSS Ally

2,500 Live Viewers: SS Ally

Bonus Tier:

5,000 Live Viewers: SS~SSS Ally

(I know we can make this!)

Plus, a surprise announcement to be made at the end of the show!

Hope to see you there! I hope I'm not too bad on camera!

mm

Hell yeah! Upcoming login rewards.

9fLv7eWl.png

Aurizen

I tried getting into this game but felt meh..... I sort of wanted 1 SSS unit from the summon but I played enough Gacha games to know where it'll go sadly..

Tried, I'm already feeling bored after 30+ mins.

Pro : has dynamyc visuel effects

Cons :
- to fuse ally you need to level them to lvl 30 and MAX+5 (so yeah I didn't fuse anything after 1 hour of playing).
- UI and quests are quite messy, it's overcorwnded (I'm glat Ia m playing on pc on big screen).
- you can't remove equipement (even on main hero)

So you're kinda forced to MAX a hero that you don't care to be able to fuse it, which take a lot of gold for a newbie. I'm personaly not feeling it. Also, you want to level up each unit at least once because you get rubies. So yeah it's a grindy game with no auto retry dungeon, it's a step back for me compared to Dragon Blaze, specialy when 7 knight came after it.

I am not ready to play a similar game with less "quality of life systems" than I've now, lol

i cant stand the animations and voices after 20 min :( wonder if there is a way to cut them? anyway ill stick with Dragon blaze i dont have time for another one of these games.

i cant stand the animations and voices after 20 min :( wonder if there is a way to cut them? anyway ill stick with Dragon blaze i dont have time for another one of these games.

Yeah, not to get this thread off track (is there one for Seven Knights?) but I wasn't really feeling it. The character lines stepping over each other and being repeated constantly, the weird breaks in the text, the awkward localization, and the less than informative tutorial left me with a "meh" feeling.

I might check it out again later when it's been polished up a bit.

Yaari

I tried getting into this game but felt meh..... I sort of wanted 1 SSS unit from the summon but I played enough Gacha games to know where it'll go sadly..

Summon isn't really the way to get SSS in these games, but its by far the most generous game I ever played.

I wonder how long until we get Paladin. Also for anyone ranking high in Laby using a warrior. I now unlocked 3 scroll shows. Guess I need the ring slots too?

Yaari

Was originally posted by Deathcrown on Reddit. As one of the teasers. He claims to have another surprise. Hopefull something good.

Though I wonder why they act like they reinvented the wheel, since all they do is translate stuff and as far as I know, have not added anything original in their own take towards the game. But whatever.

Chaos17

Was originally posted by Deathcrown on Reddit. As one of the teasers. He claims to have another surprise. Hopefull something good.

Though I wonder why they act like they reinvented the wheel, since all they do is translate stuff and as far as I know, have not added anything original in their own take towards the game. But whatever.

You can disable the animations with camera but not the voices in the options.

Summon isn't really the way to get SSS in these games, but its by far the most generous game I ever played.

I wonder how long until we get Paladin. Also for anyone ranking high in Laby using a warrior. I now unlocked 3 scroll shows. Guess I need the ring slots too?
I only have one acc slot on my warrior, lol
What you will need is to have the rigght allies, some can get trhough lab with 3 tanks and 1 dps.
For my me and my friend, it's Draco BS who let us go into the 1%, her AoE stun is just a life saver XD

garath

I don't even know what to do with my allies at this point. I have 60/70 and its all S and above. Guess I have to start using S ranks to feed my SS. I literally have nothing else to do with them. Well I guess I could get the remaining +3 on shabelle and whay. They are both at +5.

Side note about seven knights, I actually enjoy it. Lots of freebies coming right now and the combine system isn't as bad as it first sounded. Only played an hour or so but its decent enough. Probably won't stick with it but for now its a nice distraction. Maybe I'll make a thread at some point.

Otheradam

I dont't know what to do with my team anymore. I have

DoD Rogue main
Llywen +7
bloodwind max
blackaria max
byron max

subs
brightspark max
tiel +4
shabelle

Should I make draco brightspark, draco deathcrown or wait? I can't crack top 5% in WB (either) and getting into top 5% of lab is a struggle. Area is the only area i can get into the top 5% anymore. I have 5 SSS ready to feed into someone. I guess I can also ultimate either of my archers?

commish

I dont't know what to do with my team anymore. I have

DoD Rogue main
Llywen +7
bloodwind max
blackaria max
byron max

subs
brightspark max
tiel +4
shabelle

Should I make draco brightspark, draco deathcrown or wait? I can't crack top 5% in WB (either) and getting into top 5% of lab is a struggle. Area is the only area i can get into the top 5% anymore. I have 5 SSS ready to feed into someone. I guess I can also ultimate either of my archers?

Honestly everyone should try to get a draco BS. No better unit for getting into the next rank in events.

Top Bottom