• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Cybolt

Interesting list, makes me feel bad about making Greysoul ;) Looks like the Boden Paladin is a beast. Glad I've held off on Brightspark in favour of Fredryk. I imagine higher levels and equipment also make a big difference. I mean Lly is listed as two stars for Lab but she gave me a fairly solid boost.

I know the list is based on everything out in KR but given what we have on global, it does make sense that Lly would still be useful for Lab, considering that the others aren't available yet.

Interesting list, makes me feel bad about making Greysoul ;) Looks like the Boden Paladin is a beast. Glad I've held off on Brightspark in favour of Fredryk. I imagine higher levels and equipment also make a big difference. I mean Lly is listed as two stars for Lab but she gave me a fairly solid boost.

Yeah, I think I'll hold onto my Tiel until Falcon is out or I get a dupe. I know he's eons away but I know if I deify or fodder Tiel now, I'll never get another paladin.

I want Kymael too, though...

Uthred

Combined for an SSS, was hoping for fodder (what a world) but got Gram (terrible for me I know ;)). My tank at the moment is Patta, am I right in thinking that Gram is an upgrade and I should change over to him as my main tank?

Limit

Combined for an SSS, was hoping for fodder (what a world) but got Gram (terrible for me I know ;)). My tank at the moment is Patta, am I right in thinking that Gram is an upgrade and I should change over to him as my main tank?

Definitely.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new gatcha type game to get into. Would you say this game is welcoming to Newbies? Or is it designed and pushed more for established players at this point?

Limit

So is this a good time to spend rubies? Or should i wait for a better deal?

Wait for at least 20% rubies discount.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new gatcha type game to get into. Would you say this game is welcoming to Newbies? Or is it designed and pushed more for established players at this point?

The best cards can only be gotten via upgrading. So you can't reroll and be immediately competitive with older players. They have more freebies than ever for new players but expect time investment. I'd say if you are coming in just for the gatcha thrill of rerolling for the best characters in a game this isn't it for you. Try something else. Maybe brave frontier.

Yaari

I'd say the game is very generous for beginners. Especially starting next month. But it might be difficult to catch up.

I got 2800 Rubies. Going hard for #1 in Arena next week. I hope I won't run out of available enemies though.
I think if I can do well on the first few days, most other people who are interested, will already be discouraged to even try to catch up.

What starts next month that will make it better for newer players?

I've noticed a lot with these types of games that its hard to catch up, but if there is a lot of stuff to do before catching up even matters it shouldn't make a difference (to me, at least).

I've hit a snag with my rogue. Anyone know what to do here?

I'm level 57. I have two characters who've moved on from chapter 1. But my rogue cannot move into chapter 2 for some reason. I've beaten myth Gram, Deathcrown, and Deus Deathcrown. Belle keeps saying to approach the dark fortress, and every level is listed as cleared in all difficulties.

Any idea what I'm screwing up here? I thought maybe it was because I cleared Gram too quick and missed a trigger or something.

Yaari

What starts next month that will make it better for newer players?

I've noticed a lot with these types of games that its hard to catch up, but if there is a lot of stuff to do before catching up even matters it shouldn't make a difference (to me, at least).
Bettr rewards for logging in daily. You can get like 2 SSS per month for just showing up.

I'd say the game is very generous for beginners. Especially starting next month. But it might be difficult to catch up.

I got 2800 Rubies. Going hard for #1 in Arena next week. I hope I won't run out of available enemies though.
I think if I can do well on the first few days, most other people who are interested, will already be discouraged to even try to catch up.

I've seen people get 50,000 points. Don't underestimate the power of the $

Yaari

I've seen people get 50,000 points. Don't underestimate the power of the $

Yeah not too worried about the points, more so the running out of opponents. If I can only get matches that I potentially lose, then it is too risky.

Anyway, you tried auto arena, how did that work?

wapplew

Yeah not too worried about the points, more so the running out of opponents. If I can only get matches that I potentially lose, then it is too risky.

Prepare 1000 ticket, auto arena and go sleep.

I lose about 1/20 with 3000 points. Certainly not the most efficient use of tickets, but otoh I don't have the patience for manually spamming arena

Uthred

Cashed in lots of tickets I'd been saving, threw on auto and set it to grind Arena. Checked after an hour and wondered why my score was crap, then I realised I forgot to sap out the units I'd been grinding up rapport on. So dumb. But to be honest that 65% win ratio is still better than doing it manually.

Kalavaras

Banned
I guess the auto arena is fine if u dont really care what ure facing or if u cannot play by urself. Tried it for 30tix at the start of arena week and it chose some ridiculous teams Id never pick myself. I guess Ill use it if I cant bother burning tix manually but othrwise its bad.

ChrisG683

Woke up at 2am CDT, bumped my Arena rank up to 42 with a 400 point buffer, went back to sleep.

REUFWHEm.jpg

I really hate the time zone advantages this game gives, not to mention the Arena concept is just whack in general. Wasted soooo much of my time this week on Arena :/

Thinking of just flat out quitting with all of the big console games coming out.

Crzy1

Forgot to do much arena this week so I used 50 tickets last night on auto and didn't lose any of the matchups, if I'd gotten much higher I probably would have started losing, but it was nice to at least get placed without having to think too much about it.

Yaari

I'm not going for #1 in Arena. My team is shit compared to wales. I'd be wasting a lot of rubies and not even get close. Not sure what I was thinking, theres too many people that have 10 ULT allies, and I won't be able to touch them.

I'll just focus on more summons. I'll save my 3k rubies in case they ever do a premium summon bonus again. Like discount or something.

Woke up at 2am CDT, bumped my Arena rank up to 42 with a 400 point buffer, went back to sleep.

REUFWHEm.jpg

I really hate the time zone advantages this game gives, not to mention the Arena concept is just whack in general. Wasted soooo much of my time this week on Arena :/

Thinking of just flat out quitting with all of the big console games coming out.

Yea Disgaea 5 definitely got my attention, haven't even touched Tales of Zestiria yet. Auto battle has helped a lot, but i find myself not staying glued to DB as much as i used to (which is probably a good thing). Essence grinding and arena luckily i can do aon auto, still gotta manually raid though.

If I ever fall out of 1% Lab, either because I couldn't be bothered to do it or because i got squeezed out due to points, that's probably when i hang this one up. I still don't see that happening soon, as i still do really well in Lab, but we'll see. Was hoping to hang on long enough to get a buster. Already have DBW and Llywelyn both ULT, so I'm 2/3 of the way there

Uthred

I guess the auto arena is fine if u dont really care what ure facing or if u cannot play by urself. Tried it for 30tix at the start of arena week and it chose some ridiculous teams Id never pick myself. I guess Ill use it if I cant bother burning tix manually but othrwise its bad.

Doing it manually is definitely much more efficient, just a bit burned out grinding arena every week so its nice to "take a week off" and use auto

Kalavaras

Banned
Ragna was fun. Now my priests stats are really pumped except for crit damage. Gotta roll crit damage staff and orb and she's a beast.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Rag was nerfed so hard. I did 30 tickets with randoms with no fails. Even got 5 (!!!) pieces of gear. Think I had gone a decade before that without getting any raid gear, so it's just RNG at work.

I still get annoyed when I see the +all resist stat on my gear :)

RedZone

Neo Member
Rag was nerfed so hard. I did 30 tickets with randoms with no fails. Even got 5 (!!!) pieces of gear. Think I had gone a decade before that without getting any raid gear, so it's just RNG at work.

I still get annoyed when I see the +all resist stat on my gear :)

ya rag can be solod now with like 1 priest and a decent rogue lol, makes farming so much easier. Can gear all my allies with 70 gear now

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, it seems DPS > all else. 3 rogues make short work of him. I'm only raiding on my rogue from now on. You don't need a priest or a tank really. 3 DoD will finish him.

Uthred

Ragnarok is certainly pretty handy now. Though wining can be worse than losing, saw two SSS items in the loot twice in a row, still got a blue both times ;)

Ragnarok is certainly pretty handy now. Though wining can be worse than losing, saw two SSS items in the loot twice in a row, still got a blue both times ;)

Earlier I had a run where every single item, including the one in the bonus box was red. Except 1. I got that 1.

Top Bottom