• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Uthred

Earlier I had a run where every single item, including the one in the bonus box was red. Except 1. I got that 1.

Rough, moments like that do feel like the game hates you

Edit: Ugh, watching a "Rookie" get the only SSS, they just shouldnt show loot for AI players

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What gets me is seeing the bonus box filled with SSSes after every other fight. It's always so tempting.

Yet soooooooooooo not worth the cost. It's better to buy additional raid tickets than gamble on those loot boxes.

Whizkid7

Combined for Flame Wizard Whay last night. On one hand, YAY GOOD UNIT! On other hand, GUH ONE LESS SSS I CAN USE TO MAKE BLACKARIA.

Well, my login SSS was trash so there's that.

commish

Rich man's problems: I have about 30 S-rank characters ready to be used, but nothing to use them on. Waiting to make an ascended paladin and/or mage when they are released...

Whizkid7

Rich man's problems: I have about 30 S-rank characters ready to be used, but nothing to use them on. Waiting to make an ascended paladin and/or mage when they are released...

My problem is the exact opposite - I have many guys to make/MAX/ULT out and nowhere near enough fodder to use!

So I don't quite get the ally fusion. Every time.I've tried to fuse/enhance an ally it always fails. Is it because I'm trying to enhance my SSS ally with a d class trash that I've picked up?

commish

So I don't quite get the ally fusion. Every time.I've tried to fuse/enhance an ally it always fails. Is it because I'm trying to enhance my SSS ally with a d class trash that I've picked up?

The chance of success depends on (i) the target of the infusion and (ii) what you are using to infuse. Same level allies have a 100% chance of success. If you are 1 level off (e.g., infusing an A rank character into an S rank character), it's 50%.

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-ally-enhancement-combine-guide/

This will help explain it better than I can.

Crzy1

Earlier I had a run where every single item, including the one in the bonus box was red. Except 1. I got that 1.

I was trying to get a SSS increased damage on boss card yesterday, and I always pick box 3. It popped in box 4, then 2, then 1 and finally the bonus box all one attempt after the other. Was pretty upsetting to see that, burned 60 shoes and it never popped in box 3. Next week I guess.

Limit

I was trying to get a SSS increased damage on boss card yesterday, and I always pick box 3. It popped in box 4, then 2, then 1 and finally the bonus box all one attempt after the other. Was pretty upsetting to see that, burned 60 shoes and it never popped in box 3. Next week I guess.

This is why I never choose a box. Let it be random. If I get lucky then great. If not then eh; nothing I could have done about it anyways. The entire process was out of my control. I did chose it to be out of control, but it was out of control nevertheless.

Crzy1

This is why I never choose a box. Let it be random. If I get lucky then great. If not then eh; nothing I could have done about it anyways. The entire process was out of my control. I did chose it to be out of control, but it was out of control nevertheless.

I just like to keep at least one variable static on dailies. The chance of grabbing an SSS card is probably less than 1% either way. I don't pick boxes on raid loot, though.

60 shoes is nothing. In my experience it takes anywhere from 200-300 shoes to get a single SSS card of the type you want.

vato_loco

Yesterday I finally got my first SSS archer (Farq), so I'm finally in a position to create Llwellyn. I mean, not really, since I never got a single Dark Essence, but I could just purchase them.

So the big question is: Llwellyn or Draco Brightspark? Because according to this tier list:

Sin_t_tulo.png

Brightspark is better overall, but I've always heard better things about Llwellyn.

Yaari

Apparently Brightspark doesn't have such a great future ahead of herself anymore when Kamiel comes around.

I just got an SSS Attack card and I wasn't even looking for one.

goober

For a piece of armor is it better to stack defense or hp?

Have one with Main Stat, Immunity, Stamina and All resist

Another with Stamina, Max hp, all resist, defense

This is for my ally

commish

Yesterday I finally got my first SSS archer (Farq), so I'm finally in a position to create Llwellyn. I mean, not really, since I never got a single Dark Essence, but I could just purchase them.

So the big question is: Llwellyn or Draco Brightspark? Because according to this tier list:

Sin_t_tulo.png

Brightspark is better overall, but I've always heard better things about Llwellyn.

First, take any tier list with a grain of salt. People who play in the Korean version say Brightspark gets surpassed later and not used much. Still, that doesn't mean she doesn't dominate now (she does) and it doesn't mean that you still wouldn't need her if you are going to make mage db. If I had to make one today, and if I was interested in GB, I would make BS. If I had to make one, and long term viability was my main concern, then I would make Lly.

This is for my ally

I always prefer HP to defense.

Edit: And this games needs a speed up button for Lab. It takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to get only 20k gold.

Chaos17

Sin_t_tulo.png

Brightspark is jack of all trade, you can bring her with you anywhere. She will do good in anything.
Llwellyn is similar but her low HP poll make not ideal for lab (stil better than Gaela though) and specially guild battle, less in arena since she can be protected by others.

Tho, at the moment meta team for world boss need both of them so you can't go wrong here.

I don't know how much thing will change with Kamiel in pvp.

vato_loco

So two for Llwellyn and one for either way. Kamiel is probably a while away and I'll have enough time to gather more fodder to deify her. I already have a MAX Tiel and Ari so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Thanks guys!

KimChi

Sin_t_tulo.png

You want to go with both eventually so either is fine. However, if you want to get a boost to your wb score then get Llywelyn, Draco Brightspark if you want a better arena, gb, and labyrinth team. Both are just as good for regular pve dungeons.

This is for my ally
For allies I try to give them anything I find with Max Hp Increase+Stamina, rather they have more hp than def.
For some reason I thought only chest pieces could roll both Hp Increase+Stamina then I got a shoe with both as well...had no idea lol.
Brightspark is jack of all trade, you can bring her with you anywhere. She will do good in anything.
Llwellyn is similar but her low HP poll make not ideal for lab (stil better than Gaela though) and specially guild battle, less in arena since she can be protected by others.

Tho, at the moment meta team for world boss need both of them so you can't go wrong here.

I don't know how much thing will change with Kamiel in pvp.
Llywelyn just barely has more base hp than Draco Brightspark, so what do you mean by low hp? And she does just fine in my labyrinth team :3 though Draco Brightspark is much better to have first in a labyrinth team I'd say.

yamo

Been doing the Daily Dungeon all day today farming SSS Increase Attack skill cards. Had some luck this time around and got a hold of two of them.

Thinking of using them on my Llywelyn and Blackaria. Not sure if it's the best skill card for Blackaria, should I save it for another DPS character with higher base attack?

Kalavaras

Banned
Another friday burning tons of shoes and no SSS Atk card.

I don't like how GB is now. Everyone has farmed tons of perfect roll gear and it's just random. Whoever gets the luckiest sheep procc, crit or has the right CD's popping up right after Blackaria dies wins. Sure it was kind of like this before but now I don't have any control at all of what's happening. All the top teams have so insane stats on their gear it's just all based on luck.

Crzy1

So I'm poised to make Llywelyn tomorrow by the looks of things. Almost hate to ascend Tinuvian since she's got such a cool animation set for an archer . Not sure what to do after that. Getting Tiel ready to ascend to Kymael might be a good next step, but I'm debating turning Ur into Bloodwind first instead since I'd either have to farm up a ton more dark essences or buy them outright for Kymael when she's released.

Ur is probably the better character for Golem since he pretty much fires tank shells on single target bosses, but Bloodwind would be more effective in just about every other situation. I'll probably just keep Ur and eventually get to Bloodwind further down the line.

Feel like I fucked up by making Greysoul, he's awesome in arena (when Brightspark lets him get a kill at least), but otherwise he's pretty garbage. It's cool that he can take down invuln targets, but I've only seen it a time or two and that's after the fight's already been decided, otherwise he's slow and his damage is terribly inconsistent. He's definitely fun to watch go crazy after he gets a kill, but probably should have put those resources towards Gaela for an arena character.

Must be bring your mage to Ragnarok night. Keep getting grouped with them 2 at a time and it's pretty much a guaranteed failure even if I burn through scrolls. Hate to ditch at the start of the encounter, but I may end up having to just to be more time efficient.

I'll just keep editing this post: Doesn't look like I'm going to get a red base attack card today, but I did end up with a red defense pen card. Would it be useful on Llywelyn? I know she already has some defense pen because of her self buff, not sure if I should put it on her or save it for another future ally. I do have an orange base attack card that might be more useful on her until I can get a red one.

So, at what point does this game become a bit more involved? I've only been playing pretty casually for about a week now, but it doesn't ever seem like I need to do anything. My guys just decimate everyone and I never need to worry. Does it ever become something more involved or is it basically I just kinda watch my party attack and every so often I use an ability?

Crzy1

So, at what point does this game become a bit more involved? I've only been playing pretty casually for about a week now, but it doesn't ever seem like I need to do anything. My guys just decimate everyone and I never need to worry. Does it ever become something more involved or is it basically I just kinda watch my party attack and every so often I use an ability?
Should hit the auto button and then do something else while getting through normal. The last bit will probably be a bit tougher, but normal is a breeze, when you get to hero it gets to be a bit less auto-play. The whole game is pretty grindy regardless, only real action seems to be arenas and guild battle, the rest of just trying to make a better team for the various activities.

Crzy1

Gamevil already shut down Million Arthur. Lol.
That was a pretty awful game, imo. Played it for a bit and couldn't find anything fun about it at all. Sucks for those who did enjoy playing it, but it must not have been many for them to already abandon it.

Chaos17

Llywelyn just barely has more base hp than Draco Brightspark, so what do you mean by low hp? And she does just fine in my labyrinth team :3 though Draco Brightspark is much better to have first in a labyrinth team I'd say.

She has no skill that allow her to survive properly, so her lack of life is a problem specialy in guild battle and later in lab in contrary Brighspark shield is so cheated compared to Lllwelyn eva stat.

Anyway, both of them need an armor with : sta, max hp at least.

There is no real challenge in dungeons unless you're team suck for chapter 2 and myth mode in chapter 1.
If you want challenge start trying to compete in ranking of : World bosses, arena, labyrinth and Guild battles that's where the end game is.

wapplew

Are you guys mixing raid gear? or just pure Rag/Val gear?

No mixing. All latest gear.
Set bonus just not worth it if you count all the enhance bonus from extra armor and stat.

BTW guys, I'm not able to keep up with two server, I'll stop playing US server for now, feel free to kick me out of guild. Thanks.

100% newest gear. With the raid shop it's a much more reasonable proposition now to aim for perfect stat distribution. Which will trump those set bonuses from earlier sets IMO. Chances are even the earlier set gear like Aqua that you're using doesn't have perfect stats on both pieces. So you replace them with Ragnarok gear that *does* have perfect stats, and you will surpass your old gear by a mile.

Crzy1

I'm working my way towards all Rag gear for my allies but my priest still has 4 Val (armor) and 2 Phoenix (weapons) but I'm planning to at least get weapons from Rag for her after I've finished getting my allies current. I may go for the whole set bonus if I can get some good drops. Already have a nice set of generic def/stam/resist/HP boots to get started with at least, just not ready to give up my bonus until I can get more useful pieces. The raid shop has made gearing up a lot less annoying, not everything I've pulled out has been a perfect item, but I bought all the gear I needed for Llewelyn and had it all maxed by the time I finished creating her so I just needed to level her into it. Not sure if I've gotten any good drops besides some longswords from Rag yet, honestly.

arevin01

Well there's 2 takeaways to reach lab 59. You don't need DDC to do so or the noble chivalry formation. I used lvl 15 determined concentration.

W5JYELa.png

commish

Really wish there was a hard counter to Blackaria in pvp. Hate how mandatory she is, and how a superior team can get demolished by a much weaker team because of her.

arevin01

How consistently can you beat 55? That's the roadblock for me. I've beaten it like 3 or 4 times, and I always get to 58 or 59 when I beat it, but I die on it about 90% of the time.

I haven't tried it enough to know as I just got my Lly to ULT and immediately got to 59. Once I level this formation more, I can provide more information. 59 doesn't seem hard though because I still had 7 scrolls up. The key now is gearing all allies to lvl 70 gear and I'm sure it can be doable.

Crzy1

Wow, haven't gotten a single set of earrings from Scorched Terra 9, but I've gotten 2 Dark Essences and 4 spicy pumpkins from there today.

Edit: Just did an arena where I was left with my max Tiel vs. max DDC as the only survivors, was so pathetic to watch, but Tiel's heal won out. I hope I can pull another Tiel or Ari soon so I don't have to get rid of her, first SSS I pulled and still my favorite.

I hate it when I pick up my phone again, look at the auto-retry results screen, see that a SSS item dropped, and then look into my inventory to see it's a pumpkin. Give me dark essences! :)

I did get a SS gem from the GM gem ticket though, which was nice.

I have nearly all my A-team allies geared with Ragnarok items. Two of the armors I bought rolled the lowest possible defense though. >_> I can't be bothered to get them another so they'll have to make do I guess. Now I just need to work on my main character who's still rocking Phoenix gear.

I hate it when I pick up my phone again, look at the auto-retry results screen, see that a SSS item dropped, and then look into my inventory to see it's a pumpkin. Give me dark essences! :)

I did get a SS gem from the GM gem ticket though, which was nice.

I have nearly all my A-team allies geared with Ragnarok items. Two of the armors I bought rolled the lowest possible defense though. >_> I can't be bothered to get them another so they'll have to make do I guess. Now I just need to work on my main character who's still rocking Phoenix gear.

I've actually thrown away so many ragnarok items now. The raid shop has spoiled me, so if it something doesn't have an absolutely perfect roll, I trash it. Don't have the money to remove SS and SSS gems from gear to upgrade it with something that isn't flawless.

Yeah that's a good point but I like arena, which takes a ton of tickets so I tend to use them for that. Though, I guess having better rolled gear would help me in arena (and everything else) so...

Damnit, cpp! Off to raid... >_>

:D

arevin01

As f2p, there isnt much else to do now that I can rank 1-5% in most events, getting any higher will require to be a p2w player. My next fun goal is to not spend any rubies till Feb which would net me around 10k rubies. I average about 3k rubies a month so it will be tempting to not spend any lol.

Salamande

Wow, haven't gotten a single set of earrings from Scorched Terra 9, but I've gotten 2 Dark Essences and 4 spicy pumpkins from there today.

Edit: Just did an arena where I was left with my max Tiel vs. max DDC as the only survivors, was so pathetic to watch, but Tiel's heal won out. I hope I can pull another Tiel or Ari soon so I don't have to get rid of her, first SSS I pulled and still my favorite.

Take one of mine. Please. I really don't need 3.

Top Bottom