• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Combined and got a Dark Windlune. She's pretty cool. Does her purple damage/numbers do anything special or is it just a unique visual effect only?

Yeah, yeah, nobody cares about non-deified characters (outside of Shabelle) but I'll keep her just because she's cool. :D

Sciel

Combined and got a Dark Windlune. She's pretty cool. Does her purple damage/numbers do anything special or is it just a unique visual effect only?

Yeah, yeah, nobody cares about non-deified characters (outside of Shabelle) but I'll keep her just because she's cool. :D
Purple damage is damage over time/DoT damage i believe.

Aww, now that you mentioned Shabelle, you are actually right :p. Its one of the units i really really really want haha.

Also, made Farah today cause i had spare units. She's....kind of cool i guess, just not sure how to fit her in my team.

I have Tiel and I'm thinking of holding onto her clear until Falcon, if the game survives that long. I really want Kymael but I don't trust my luck to get another Paladin.

Aww, now that you mentioned Shabelle, you are actually right :p. Its one of the units i really really really want haha.

Also, made Farah today cause i had spare units. She's....kind of cool i guess, just not sure how to fit her in my team.

Really? That's cool if true. I only have one ascended unit (Blackaria) so Dark Windlune will probably become one of my new DPS units until I make a second ascended.

And yeah, I would really like a Shabelle too!

wapplew

Make her into main arena team with gaela, Blackaria, DDC and DPS warrior, start transition from burst damage to sustain team, that's the future of arena.

Sciel

Make her into main arena team with gaela, Blackaria, DDC and DPS warrior, start transition from burst damage to sustain team, that's the future of arena.
Yeah I will probably go for that bar DDC. I just don't plan (and don't like him very much). Already started leveling a warrior :).
Current Arena team is Gaela - DBS - Lly - Ravengal with Blackaria as sub. Don't like how the squishies die wayyy too fast.

What's the best Labyrinth meta right now?

I currently use Warrior, DBA, DBS, Llyw, DDC, and helpers I use Gram, Ari, Tiel, and DBW. I can get to round 59, but only rarely.

I've got Gram at MAX+4 and will Deify him into Gaela this weekend. I'm planning to go for Farrah next, and at that point I have a lot of options. Which of the following teams do people think would be best

1)
Formation: Noble Chivalry
Team: Warrior, DBA, DBS, Llywelyn, DDC

2)
Formation: Noble Chivalry
Team: Warrior, DBA, DBS, Gaela, DDC

3)
Formation: Swift Counterattack
Team: Warrior, DBA, Farrah, Gaela, DBS

#1 is what I'm using now, but #3 seems very interesting. With the formation plus Farrah's buff that's close to 40% damage reflect, plus an insane amount of sustained heals and tanky DPS with Gaela. I mean imagine Ackard does his ultimate blow thingy on round 50. That's like 90k of damage to every team member, so he would reflect back 36k x 5 = 180k of damage to himself, he would literally just OHKO himself.

Thoughts?

Right now I'd sell my soul for an Incanter. Haven't seen one since I started.

Me either. I just got the ruby reward for hitting 285 allies last night, and it seems like the only stuff I can't get are the most important guys. Never seen a Belle Snow, a Spark Wizard Ann, a Flame Wizard Whay, or an Archer Ur. Ironically, I could get 200 rubies for getting all of those, because Ur and Ann/Whay are the last 3 I need to finish off 2 more ally zones.

Crzy1

Me either. I just got the ruby reward for hitting 285 allies last night, and it seems like the only stuff I can't get are the most important guys. Never seen a Belle Snow, a Spark Wizard Ann, a Flame Wizard Whay, or an Archer Ur. Ironically, I could get 200 rubies for getting all of those, because Ur and Ann/Whay are the last 3 I need to finish off 2 more ally zones.

Gotta love that RNG, I've gotten Belle Snow once, Spark Wizard Ann once, Flame Wizard Whay twice and Archer Ur once. Still no priest. Not having Blackaria is killing me in the arena.

Edit: HAHA! Enough bitching eventually pays off, just combined for Healer Konfi, couldn't have hoped for a worse priest to turn into Blackaria. Too bad my resources are completely drained after making Llywelyn.

vato_loco

I'm just about ready do let this game fall to the "play once for the daily bonus" category along with Puzzle Quest.

I'm just too stuck. I can't get higher than Top 20% in Arena and Labyrinth, and can't get past the first level of Leaning Tower of Sages, even with a lvl70 friend. And I'm already lvl67!

I know I'm doing something seriously wrong but no matter how I manage my team, I still lose.

Right now I have a Meteor Priest, MAX Blackaria, MAX Tiel, MAX Loki and MAX Regular Brightspark. I tried changing to a Shabelle or a Gram or a Fulson and nothing.

Otheradam

I'm just about ready do let this game fall to the "play once for the daily bonus" category along with Puzzle Quest.

I'm just too stuck. I can't get higher than Top 20% in Arena and Labyrinth, and can't get past the first level of Leaning Tower of Sages, even with a lvl70 friend. And I'm already lvl67!

I know I'm doing something seriously wrong but no matter how I manage my team, I still lose.

Right now I have a Meteor Priest, MAX Blackaria, MAX Tiel, MAX Loki and MAX Regular Brightspark. I tried changing to a Shabelle or a Gram or a Fulson and nothing.

Is your gear all the highest level and maxed? Your team should at least get you 10% in lab, I think. That's the only thing I can think of.

vato_loco

Well 2 set bonus for Valmut gear is

Max hp increase 4060 hp and attack increase 284 so yes it makes a big difference.

That's quite a lot. Too bad I can't make it to Valmut to get some gear from it. Phoenix is all I've got for now.

I'll try getting all my gear to MAX and see if I can at least make it a bit further. I only need about 40 more rubies to get Llwellyn.

Whizkid7

I was able to clear Leaning Tower at 64 with Phoenix gear. Don't be afraid to use some revive scrolls if you have to. Though I was also a warrior, so that may have made a difference as well.

stuff you might have missed: get 3 slots for revive scrolls, upgrade the slots in the formation

That's quite a lot. Too bad I can't make it to Valmut to get some gear from it. Phoenix is all I've got for now.

I'll try getting all my gear to MAX and see if I can at least make it a bit further. I only need about 40 more rubies to get Llwellyn.

Do you have all 3 item slots unlocked? You should be able to progress with that team.

For Labyrinth you're going to need a warrior

arevin01

I've gotten to 59 in 2 tries out of 10. 50 doesn't seem hard anymore. 55 is now just RNG whether or not black dies first. 59 is when all my scrolls are on cd and black doesn't have her inv up. So to pass 59 everything needs to fall in place. Not gonna try to pass 59 anymore until all my allies are ULT.

I've gotten to 59 in 2 tries out of 10. 50 doesn't seem hard anymore. 55 is now just RNG whether or not black dies first. 59 is when all my scrolls are on cd and black doesn't have her inv up. So to pass 59 everything needs to fall in place. Not gonna try to pass 59 anymore until all my allies are ULT.

Sounds about right. I think I'm going to make Gaela and Farrah and try Swift Counterattack. I can see this being the meta Labyrinth setup, it seems like it was built just for Lab. Crazy sustained heals, crazy damage reduction, crazy damage reflect, tanky DPS, etc.

Gaela is coming this weekend, but it'll be a while longer before I get Farrah. My score is 1.68 million right now, hoping I can stay in top 50 with this, but somehow I dobut it :-/

arevin01

Sounds about right. I think I'm going to make Gaela and Farrah and try Swift Counterattack. I can see this being the meta Labyrinth setup, it seems like it was built just for Lab. Crazy sustained heals, crazy damage reduction, crazy damage reflect, tanky DPS, etc.

Gaela is coming this weekend, but it'll be a while longer before I get Farrah. My score is 1.68 million right now, hoping I can stay in top 50 with this, but somehow I dobut it :-/

Yeah I've got 1.67mil, doubt it will hold. It seems we have many players at the very last hour who can easily clear 59 come on just to get in top 50.

I don't think anybody here can clear 60 so we have to figure this out for ourselves.

Crzy1

Hmmm... I just realized I'm the leader for the NeoGAF guild, not sure how the hell that happened or how long it's been that way. Guess the old leader abandoned post? I went in and cleared out the join requests, sorry if you were legitimately trying to join, but I'm not sure which were just drive-by requests and which weren't. Drop a post here or PM me if you have requested to join. The queue should be clear for now and there are 12 spots open, but it's kinda quiet in here right now, lots of players that haven't logged on in ages.

Damn, keep pulling rag helms and keep getting dex on them. Would be fine with a generic +STA/+HP with +immunity or +def. I'd even take evade on it.

You should definitely be able to break top 10% in arena. I run a very similar team (Warrior, Blackaria Max, Tiel Max, Loki Max, Deathcrown Max) and finish around 8-6%. Do take a look at your gear though. Maxed out SSS gear for the highest raid you can complete will definitely help. Also, keep grinding to 70. Use that GM event experience potion over the weekend so that you can stack the 70% hourly bonus, 100% potion, and the bonus from the Solidarity of Heart formation.

As others said, your mage isn't going to help you any in Lab. You'll need to level up a warrior.

arevin01

My Warrior now has 16k def and 77k HP with the formation. Lab 50 and 55 cant one shot him anymore. I think I will slowly make my Warrior my main instead of my mage. He just has more usefulness. Not sure about arena though.

My Warrior now has 16k def and 77k HP with the formation. Lab 50 and 55 cant one shot him anymore. I think I will slowly make my Warrior my main instead of my mage. He just has more usefulness. Not sure about arena though.

DEF is useless IMO. People talk about all these DEF numbers like 12k, or 14k, or 16k. Anything over 11k is all the same IMO. If you can, try to prioritize HP, and load up on 100% STA gems. I threw away so many STR/DEF pieces of Ragnarok gear because they didn't have double STA on them (HP+ as well as STA+).

My DDC has close to 100k HP now, it's crazy. Too bad he's going to be useless once I get Gaela and Farrah, lol. 5 SSS down the drain, and I only just barely made him too, lol.

Crzy1

Well, looks like I'm going to end at 6% in Labs, but that's almost double my score from last week just from adding Llywelyn and regearing my team. Greysoul is a god damned monster in Labs now that I've got him properly geared, but I think I have his crit chance near 100% and crit damage near 300% with soul plunder active, need to finishing maxing him but have had terrible luck with it so far (20 essences just to +6). Once he kills something he doesn't stop until he dies and promptly resumes upon being resurrected, it's glorious to watch.

Probably going to start a warrior alt when I get Blackaria finished unless I pull Gram by some stretch of luck, can't get past 45 with Tiel as my only tank, or at least with the gear I have now. Shouldn't have foddered Byron. =/ Hopefully I can get 2 more fodder SSS before the weekend, have to use my XP potion by Saturday.

Yaari

Turns out I never used Noble Chivalry in Labyrinth, or used that formation at all. Lol. do you guys level the tanks in that formation? It gives stamina apparently. Not sure what else to put points in.

vato_loco

I'm gonna try my best in Arena this week, see how far my team takes me. Labyrinth will not be my priority since my team can't really break much with a Mage, as you say. I can actually make it to level 30 or so.

Also yes, I do have all three item slots available with Revive Scrolls.

Sciel

Impressions with Farah (Max+2 @ 51k hp with decent ragnarok equipment):

b222f6ebee.jpg

Skills
First skill: This is my main gripe with her. Because of how the healer AI is programmed in this game, she will NEVER use this skill unless a character's HP drops significantly. This will almost never happen because of her second skill. As such, you will very rarely see the attack buff in say WB prior to enrage.

Second skill: Godly. Best heal skill in game imo.

Third skill: Honestly, i have no idea. Immunity is meh and does reflect damage also reduce the damage that you take?

Passive 1: Pretty crappy passive compared to other deifies.
Passive 2: A good passive. Would only be truly god-tier if the death immunity applied to the whole party.

Game Modes
Arena : Godly. You won't die unless your allies are made of paper.
GB : She is godly during Attack down days (you are basically trolling the other team)
Laby : She does all right. Her damage down passive is really good.
WB:-
Golem => Never tried. Not that good since attack down on golem is currently bugged.
Hydra => Can't really judge. I didn't notice that much difference as compared to say Blackaria even if you compare skillset.

TL;DR : I like Farah. In terms of pure healing power she easily triumphs against Blackaria. However, Blackaria is definitely still the better unit because:

-Blackaria's buff is not dependent on ally HP.
-Blackaria has a revive.
-Blackaria has Heaven's Requiem.

DEF is useless IMO. People talk about all these DEF numbers like 12k, or 14k, or 16k. Anything over 11k is all the same IMO. If you can, try to prioritize HP, and load up on 100% STA gems. I threw away so many STR/DEF pieces of Ragnarok gear because they didn't have double STA on them (HP+ as well as STA+).

My DDC has close to 100k HP now, it's crazy. Too bad he's going to be useless once I get Gaela and Farrah, lol. 5 SSS down the drain, and I only just barely made him too, lol.
I'm not exactly sure how def works in this game. Could be just be me but I've noticed that defense seems to work in increments where you take significantly less damage after certain values. ie: My defense has only gone up by 2k or so since last few patches but Karang in Laby 30 doesn't even scratch my priest much anymore. Previously, he could more or less one shot me.

vato_loco

I'm not exactly sure how def works in this game. Could be just be me but I've noticed that defense seems to work in increments where you take significantly less damage after certain values. ie: My defense has only gone up by 2k or so since last few patches but Karang in Laby 30 doesn't even scratch my priest much anymore. Previously, he could more or less one shot me.

I'm pretty sure it works like that. Laby is proof, since you would get massacred at X level, but you leveled up to X+1 and suddenly enemies would just be unable to off you. Couple of Labys later and it all started again.

I'm pretty sure it works like that. Laby is proof, since you would get massacred at X level, but you leveled up to X+1 and suddenly enemies would just be unable to off you. Couple of Labys later and it all started again.

There could be a hard level check that has nothing to do with defense.

It could also be related to def. pen. Labyrinth is far from proof of anything, if anything it's only a clue, but we still have no idea how it works. Personally i think if you take off a few pieces of your gear and go back into labyrinth you'll still be fine on karang. I don't think def is the whole story

Uthred

Sort of losing interest at this point, actually forgot about lab this week (apart from the dailies). Doing a bit better in WB at least, though its rough getting quadruple my best previous score to see that 4.5 million doesnt even it top 5%. I think I've just reached that point in all grindy games where all I can see is the grind and the new stuff coming out isnt different or interesting enough to bet me excited.

garath

So how long have we been complaining about the global timing for events? I.e. the time for enhance bonuses and the free A-S etc. Seven knights hasn't even been out a month and recognized that their "hot time" for increased drops wasn't very global friendly so they added a second time slot. Amazing.

I've wasted millions of gold and tons of fodder in this game because I can't be up for the enhance bonuses. Just makes me sad.

arevin01

Sort of losing interest at this point, actually forgot about lab this week (apart from the dailies). Doing a bit better in WB at least, though its rough getting quadruple my best previous score to see that 4.5 million doesnt even it top 5%. I think I've just reached that point in all grindy games where all I can see is the grind and the new stuff coming out isnt different or interesting enough to bet me excited.

Teams are improving every week so you must continue to improve your team and stay atop of them. I would get the meta WB team asap.

DBS
DBW
Llywelyn
Ravengale

Ventara

Can someone help me out and give me advice on Hydra? Like what allies and formation to use? I barely make top 20%. I currently have:

Main:
Rogue
Sheep Mage
Tank Warrior
Crappy Magnify Priest (I screwed up skills point allotment)

Allies:
Blackaria
Greysoul
Ur
Un
Belle Snow
Aura Windlune
Tiel
Gram
Shabelle

I know this isn't good, but it's what I have. What will be the best team I can make using what formation? Also, I'm planning to make Ravengale and Kymael next. How would that change my setup?

Thanks for any advice.

Crzy1

Teams are improving every week so you must continue to improve your team and stay atop of them. I would get the meta WB team asap.

DBS
DBW
Llywelyn
Ravengale

Would definitely help if more people were participating, though. Passed 4 million on hyrda which is double what I did last week and right now it's gotten me around 2% higher currently (may have a couple thousand more participants that still haven't placed), so the top end is extremely bloated right now. Seems the grind is running off a lot of people, takes a lot more dedication than a mobile game should. I don't mind the extra depth, I've been playing on Andy mostly, but it's definitely not what the majority of people gaming on mobile are looking for when they whip out their phone to kill a bit of time. Over a million downloads, but only 8 or so thousand will bother to participate in the world battle today.

Can someone help me out and give me advice on Hydra? Like what allies and formation to use? I barely make top 20%. I currently have:

Main:
Rogue
Sheep Mage
Tank Warrior
Crappy Magnify Priest (I screwed up skills point allotment)

Allies:
Blackaria
Greysoul
Ur
Un
Belle Snow
Aura Windlune
Tiel
Gram
Shabelle

I know this isn't good, but it's what I have. What will be the best team I can make using what formation? Also, I'm planning to make Ravengale and Kymael next. How would that change my setup?

Thanks for any advice.

With that setup, I'd get your warrior, Blackaria, Ur, Aura and Belle or Greysoul depending on his enhance/gear with Shabelle for a helper and use Fire All At One and just try to hold out against the enrage since you don't have a ton of AoE DPS there to stop it for very long. I can't say for sure since I don't have most of those units, though. Depends on their enhance level as well, would just throw your highest enhanced units in there. Ravengale is apparently a large buff on both WB, but I don't have her. Kymael probably won't do you much good in WB, seems she's better for Arena and Labyrinth. Llywelyn will give you a large increase in WB and after that Draco Brightspark or Bloodwind would probably be the next one you'd want for WB. All-around I think DBS is the best bang for your buck deify right now as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing she's not good at and will improve your team in every event. She does apparently get outpaced by Boden units later, though.

Ventara

With that setup, I'd get your warrior, Blackaria, Ur, Aura and Belle or Greysoul depending on his enhance/gear with Shabelle for a helper and use Fire All At One and just try to hold out against the enrage since you don't have a ton of AoE DPS there to stop it for very long. I can't say for sure since I don't have most of those units, though. Depends on their enhance level as well, would just throw your highest enhanced units in there. Ravengale is apparently a large buff on both WB, but I don't have her. Kymael probably won't do you much good in WB, seems she's better for Arena and Labyrinth. Llywelyn will give you a large increase in WB and after that Draco Brightspark or Bloodwind would probably be the next one you'd want for WB. All-around I think DBS is the best bang for your buck deify right now as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing she's not good at and will improve your team in every event. She does apparently get outpaced by Boden units later, though.

Thanks! Will give this a shot.

ChrisG683

Major power creep on Hydra this week. Went From like 5.5 mil top 4%, to 6.3mil, top 5%. At this rate I'll have to make a Ravengale to keep up with WB... but I really want to save my Whay for the Boden summoner.

Whizkid7

Made my Blackaria last night, finally. Need more essences stat though - could only get +1 last night. Thankfully I had gear for her all ready to go. Hooray for the raid shop!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Major power creep on Hydra this week. Went From like 5.5 mil top 4%, to 6.3mil, top 5%. At this rate I'll have to make a Ravengale to keep up with WB... but I really want to save my Whay for the Boden summoner.

Raid shop made it so easy to maximize ally gear. I know all of my guys had huge gains since the raid shop opened.

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...nt-BIG-Weekend-Events!-(11-6-11-9-PST-SGT-CET)

Double raid shop essences from 11/9-11/16 from the looks of it. Have all my units decked out except for a +STA orb for Tiel at this point, though. Good news for people who are still needing to improve a few pieces of gear.

I'm trying to get 2 SSS Longswords with Crit Rate + Crit Dmg for Gaela. I've purchased 12 SSS Longswords at this point, and not a single one has had both stats. Really infuriating.

Aside from that I have warrior, rogue, and priest all decked out in optimal gear (For warrior, every piece has STA+HP, for rogue, every piece has +DEX, for priest every piece has +INT, and all weapons have crit rate+crit dmg). I have DBS and Llywelyn maxed (Crit Rate+Crit Dmg on weapons, and DEX/INT on armor, but I still need a bow and an armor for DBW to justify losing his Aqua set bonus.

So yea, at this point I think I just need about 5 pieces.

1) Bow with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for DBW
2) Armor with DEX for DBW
3) Longsword with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for Gaela
4) Another Longsword with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for Gaela
5) Staff with Crit Rate + Crit Dmg + Weapon ATK for Blackaria.

That #3 and 4 are killing me though, I've used probably 240 essences on swords and still not gotten even one.

Edit: Luckily I've been holding on to my rubies. Will summon them all during this GM Summon event I guess.

Top Bottom