• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

I wonder if I have good enough allies so that I have a legit chance of being top 10 in Arena. I mean, if I run out of opponents I can beat, then I am basically screwed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Forget that new boss. Man is he hard.

The auto-retry feature of arena is pretty cool. Allows me to burn through my tickets pretty fast in the first day or two of arena. I spent 110 or so tickets on auto and lost 2. Will never be as efficient as doing it manually but I'll take the convenience, at least on the first few days.

Sciel

Forget that new boss. Man is he hard.

The auto-retry feature of arena is pretty cool. Allows me to burn through my tickets pretty fast in the first day or two of arena. I spent 110 or so tickets on auto and lost 2. Will never be as efficient as doing it manually but I'll take the convenience, at least on the first few days.

You know whats funny? Half the time you are just praying he doesn't crit your ass for 100k out of the blue.

I managed to clear it a few times earlier (~5 times).

Best Success is with 1 Tank, 2 Rogues, 1 Priest. The tank basically needs to taunt before he does that red mist/stun attack. Then your priest has to ensure that he doesn't die, else you wipe. You also need the rogues to be geared to the teeth with valmut gear. By no means an easy win, literally a stupid scroll spam fest.

PS: If you get a mage or archer in your pt, you can just abandon lol.

Got up to round 58 of Lab a few minutes ago. What a rush. I have to say I'm really glad too, because I dumped so many resources into making Draco Deathcrown and this is literally the only thing he's good for. So if he didn't get me past 55 I would have become legitimately enraged.

This should get me back into Top 50 for a while. I got squeezed out last week after I couldn't beat 55.

commish

You know whats funny? Half the time you are just praying he doesn't crit your ass for 100k out of the blue.

I managed to clear it a few times earlier (~5 times).

Best Success is with 1 Tank, 2 Rogues, 1 Priest. The tank basically needs to taunt before he does that red mist/stun attack. Then your priest has to ensure that he doesn't die, else you wipe. You also need the rogues to be geared to the teeth with valmut gear. By no means an easy win, literally a stupid scroll spam fest.

PS: If you get a mage or archer in your pt, you can just abandon lol.

Yeah, I'm leveling up my tank next. Seems to be few tanks in parties. My priest is 70 but I think we need something to take the aggro off of us.

wapplew

Party with 3 rogue and get raid success rate into 75%, I think we've crack it.
Have to be same member, switch anyone out the whole tempo gone wrong, and we don't know why.

I've spent around 600 shoes this past weekend and this week grinding for dark essences, all during the rate up events, and have received two. Two! I'm about to say fuck it and just buy them during this 20% discount.

On that note though, I'm almost able to make my second deify and right now I'm thinking Brightspark or Lywelyn (however the hell you spell her name). Any suggestions on which would be better long term? Who would help me more in moving up the various ladders? My team right now is:
  • Main: Warrior Tank
  • Blackaria +5
  • Regular Deathcrown Max
  • Loki Max
  • Flame Wizard Whay Max
I swap a Tiel Max in and out too, depending on what I'm doing (Lab).

Or should I go for someone else? I have the base classes to make any Draco/Angel, just need dark essences.

vato_loco

I've spent around 600 shoes this past weekend and this week grinding for dark essences, all during the rate up events, and have received two. Two! I'm about to say fuck it and just buy them during this 20% discount.

On that note though, I'm almost able to make my second deify and right now I'm thinking Brightspark or Lywelyn (however the hell you spell her name). Any suggestions on which would be better long term? Who would help me more in moving up the various ladders? My team right now is:
  • Main: Warrior Tank
  • Blackaria +5
  • Regular Deathcrown Max
  • Loki Max
  • Flame Wizard Whay Max
I swap a Tiel Max in and out too, depending on what I'm doing (Lab).

Or should I go for someone else? I have the base classes to make any Draco/Angel, just need dark essences.

My vote goes to Llwelyn, if only because she seems to receive far more praise here than DBS.

Also I was just on Livi's Corner and turns out I have many of the SSS Allies that will eventually get Awakened grade or something. And I used to have others but ended up using them as fodder for Blackaria...

So as a small heads up to the community: if you get these allies, don't fodder them!!!

deify.jpg

Credits to Livi for that image, of course

There's also Awakened Mercedes and Awakened King Gram.

vato_loco

Hells yea. And I have both of them. And I have nowhere near enough rubies or allies to awaken them when they go live. And spending US$100 is WAY too much in my country (it's equivalent to ARS1,200 here, which is quite a lot of cash).

But just look at them! Mercedes, Shabelle and Loki look BADASS. Fulson, on the other hand, reminds me of the Gold Saint from Pisces...

awakened_fulson.png
caballerozg7.png

Whizkid7

My vote goes to Llwelyn, if only because she seems to receive far more praise here than DBS.

Also I was just on Livi's Corner and turns out I have many of the SSS Allies that will eventually get Awakened grade or something. And I used to have others but ended up using them as fodder for Blackaria...

So as a small heads up to the community: if you get these allies, don't fodder them!!!

deify.jpg

Turq's included in that too? There goes my plans for DBS anytime soon, then. Guess I need Ari too since I want that pally angel and Tiel's my only one...

ChrisG683

deify.jpg

Some I would say don't get rid of, but Awakening is so far away that I don't think it's a good idea to pocket 19+ SSS for later to make 19 ascended units, not including the ascended units we already have. You can only use 4 at a time, and I imagine some will be better than others.

And who knows if the player base will even be around that long lol...

commish

deify.jpg

Man that's so far away though, haha. I have some of those characters and was planning on using them for fodder eventually. I'm not making any ascended characters until Kamiel or whatever her name is, so we'll see what I have at that point.

vato_loco

I'm not saying you should keep all 19, though. Just the ones you feel could improve your team and such.

Awakened Shabelle seems to be awesome, for example.

Sure, they're pretty far away, but I can guarantee that whomever you choose as fodder will show up as the most OP Awakened and you'll never get them again, ever.

EVER

wapplew

I'm not saying you should keep all 19, though. Just the ones you feel could improve your team and such.

Awakened Shabelle seems to be awesome, for example.

Sure, they're pretty far away, but I can guarantee that whomever you choose as fodder will show up as the most OP Awakened and you'll never get them again, ever.

EVER

Nah, getting dupe is my specialty, I'm sure I'll get them again.

If it doesn't help me today, it gets foddered, that's my rule. Over the next 4-6 months or however long it takes to get to the awakened allies, I'll probably have earned a couple thousand extra rubies over time just from placing higher in events due to being able to stay ahead.

Think about it, if you fall 1 place behind in every event, you're looking at a potential loss of like 150 rubies / week. Over 4 months that's 2400 rubies. Only thing I'm holding onto is Ari, and only because he's also useful in Lab as a temporary shield

Yaari

Does this Suii guy get Arena #1 every week or what. Seems like the only one thatwill give me competition if I want to become #1.

Does this Suii guy get Arena #1 every week or what. Seems like the only one thatwill give me competition if I want to become #1.

I know he gets #1 in Labyrinth every week. I dont' know what the point of getting #1 in Arena every week is considering how many tickets it requires and there's no benefit after getting the title.

arevin01

After making ravengale last weekend, these are my WB improvements. Definitely worth making. Of course you need a good dps party to make use of her.

Golem 1.4mil to 1.9mil.
Hydra 4.4mil to 7mil.

Yaari

That's crazy progress. I got ULT Lllewyn and ULT DBS. But I can't make a Ravengale beyond Max+2 though. So Il stick with Belle for now

After making ravengale last weekend, these are my WB improvements. Definitely worth making. Of course you need a good dps party to make use of her.

Golem 1.4mil to 1.9mil.
Hydra 4.4mil to 7mil.

Are you level 70? Because some of your differences are due to being a higher level now than you were last time.

commish

Golem 1.4mil to 1.9mil.
Hydra 4.4mil to 7mil.

Did you have a Belle before? That's a pretty good jump!

Separately, I was worried before about the population of this game, but I have to say, my friends list has remained pretty much constant over the last few months. In this type of game, I'm usually pruning those people who don't log in and quit, but there's been surprisingly few lately. Of course, it could just be the 50 folks on my list are the exception :)

arevin01

Did you have a Belle before? That's a pretty good jump!

Separately, I was worried before about the population of this game, but I have to say, my friends list has remained pretty much constant over the last few months. In this type of game, I'm usually pruning those people who don't log in and quit, but there's been surprisingly few lately. Of course, it could just be the 50 folks on my list are the exception :)

I didn't have Belle so that could be why the jump is huge.

Chaos17

Finaly, I am able to do decently (no afk auto ofc, lol) Ragna when my rogue got 4 pieces of that raid with 2 priests and 1 tank.

I think that raid need a good burst of dps otherwise you will just wipe easely.

Wow I completely forgot about Hydra today. WTF. I did it once in the morning and that's it. I hope my score was enough to get me into 1% this week

Yaari

I don't know what I have to do to get myself in 1% for the WB man. It's starting to get annoying. Guess I just lack key allies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I don't know what I have to do to get myself in 1% for the WB man. It's starting to get annoying. Guess I just lack key allies.

The gap between top 50 and 1% is so minuscule that I don't think its foreseeable to get 1% in WB(I'm guessing around only 50-60 slots with the current playerbase) until christmas if there's an influx of new players. I'm a mag priest with ult brightspark, ult ravengale, ult llwelyn, ult bloodwind, and max ur. I was on the later edge of 1.5% for both WB and thought that my allies were pretty well geared. I guess you need the top of the line gems/SS or SSS boss dmg cards for everyone involved. The struggle is real lol

Yaari

The gap between top 50 and 1% is so minuscule that I don't think its foreseeable to get 1% in WB(I'm guessing around only 50-60 slots with the current playerbase) until christmas if there's an influx of new players. I'm a mag priest with ult brightspark, ult ravengale, ult llwelyn, ult bloodwind, and max ur. I was on the later edge of 1.5% for both WB and thought that my allies were pretty well geared. I guess you need the top of the line gems/SS or SSS boss dmg cards for everyone involved. The struggle is real lol

Ah well, my team ain't all that great compared to yours haha. I thought I was doing well but I got a few too many allies that I can't even use for WB like DDC or Blackaria, so it doesnt help me there.

commish

I don't even bother with top 1% anymore. The cost to get there and maintain a top 1% score each work just isn't worth the effort and gem cost. There's also not much room between top 50 and 1%, so I feel like very few people are actually getting top 1% rewards. For example, if there are 6000 people who participate in a world boss, that means only 10 (or is it 9?) people can get the under 1% rewards, since the top 50 would get the top 50 rewards. That's just silly. It's a bit better and easier for lab/arena but not by much.

Random rant: It's bullcrap how sometimes, out of the blue, a vastly inferior team can just destroy you in arena. I was fighting a team where everyone was unenhanced or +1, and the team just demolished me. I don't get it.

I ranked 72 with 10m points on hydra. That was enough for 1%. Usually there's around 8k players so it was definitely close.

I still have never gotten 1% on golem though, all my allies are AoE dps

My team for hydra is warrior, ult dbs, ult dbw, ult llyw, max+2 blackaria, and max ddc helper.

arevin01

Ehhh I just realized the problem of having 4 characters. Everytime theres a new level cap, you kinda want to level them all but it gets too tiring after awhile. My plan is to just level my Mage for Arena and War for lab while my rogue and priest will be in the back burner until later. Rogue has been outclassed by others for awhile now and priest only good for WB.

Ehhh I just realized the problem of having 4 characters. Everytime theres a new level cap, you kinda want to level them all but it gets too tiring after awhile. My plan is to just level my Mage for Arena and War for lab while my rogue and priest will be in the back burner until later. Rogue has been outclassed by others for awhile now and priest only good for WB.

Rogue is still the best dps for raids and Golem. Luckily though priest isn't really needed to get a good score on Hydra. I've been consistently getting top 1% with warrior, and I actually get a *lower* score with my priest than I do with my warrior.

arevin01

Rogue is still the best dps for raids and Golem. Luckily though priest isn't really needed to get a good score on Hydra. I've been consistently getting top 1% with warrior, and I actually get a *lower* score with my priest than I do with my warrior.

Meh early raiding is only for people who wanna stay in top 1% or above. From the looks of things and where its headed, raiding is just not fun. It was fun during phoenix and Aqualis, but not anymore, gonna save myself the headache and just have a easy relaxing time raiding with Warrior after every next raid be nerf.

Chaos17

We don't have 1% in most of our ranking in Europe server so you're kinda forced to do META teams otherwise you can't compete.

I don't find the end game fun because I don't have anymore the freedom to do what I like. The game really make feel like a piece of noob when you don't have the rights ascended allies.

For example, I really like my Gaela but she is useless for GB or Golem.
Brightspark is better than her in GB (curse that shield).
For WB better make Llewllyn and Bloodwind they work well together on both world bosses.
But I didn't wanted to do Bloodwind and wanted to have fun with Gaela instead... well curse me.

Is Gaela good in lab ?
Yes and no.
Yes because she can surive.
No because she can't take tank role in my tank formation.
Gaela is like Greysoul, she is slow but when her combo happen she can oneshot 1 ennemy.
Otherwise if you want an AoE character better make Brightspark instead.
I will try to give her ragna raid swords and see if she do better on Golem next week.

Gaela could been a good char for GB but her AoE doesn't do any real damage, only her combo is deadly but is kinda slow to happen.
Brightspark will just kill faster your oppnements for you.

Pejo

I've still been logging in daily to get my freebies, but it's been hard to keep playing this game like I was before. It's really debilitating to still not have a SSS healer.

dukie85

I've still been logging in daily to get my freebies, but it's been hard to keep playing this game like I was before. It's really debilitating to still not have a SSS healer.

I've got 2 of the best non Draco healers and I still get my ass kicked in story missions. Shit's definitely rough.

wapplew

After we get 4/6 piece 70 gear, Rag is now pretty smooth.
2 priest 2 Rogue (both must bring one energy scroll, use when no max vigor).
About 90% success rate now.

Also I think I can't keep up playing 2 server, I might give up America server soon.

I think they troll us by giving your class the wrong main stat gear, so I start to use Warrior to buy my priest gear, it kinda work.

Sciel

After we get 4/6 piece 70 gear, Rag is now pretty smooth.
2 priest 2 Rogue (both must bring one energy scroll, use when no max vigor).
About 90% success rate now.

Also I think I can't keep up playing 2 server, I might give up America server soon.

I think they troll us by giving your class the wrong main stat gear, so I start to use Warrior to buy my priest gear, it kinda work.
That's a very good setup as long as both rogues are well geared lol.
Have been into a few ragnaroks lately with Rogue's DoD hitting for 15-20k after magnify.
Doesn't help that they have like 30k hp either haha.

Got this beauty for my Gaela earlier. Base Attack is kind of low...but those stats LOL.

83c1d95aaa.jpg

Uthred

Saw a new Tier list on the Reddit.
Pretty interesting. I think I don't really need more allies that help me in stuff like Arena and should get to making Ravengal already.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=35bd14da42bedf348c2fa55128a6d1d7&oe=56CFBA17

Interesting list, makes me feel bad about making Greysoul ;) Looks like the Boden Paladin is a beast. Glad I've held off on Brightspark in favour of Fredryk. I imagine higher levels and equipment also make a big difference. I mean Lly is listed as two stars for Lab but she gave me a fairly solid boost.

Top Bottom