• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Crzy1

I'm trying to get 2 SSS Longswords with Crit Rate + Crit Dmg for Gaela. I've purchased 12 SSS Longswords at this point, and not a single one has had both stats. Really infuriating.

Aside from that I have warrior, rogue, and priest all decked out in optimal gear (For warrior, every piece has STA+HP, for rogue, every piece has +DEX, for priest every piece has +INT, and all weapons have crit rate+crit dmg). I have DBS and Llywelyn maxed (Crit Rate+Crit Dmg on weapons, and DEX/INT on armor, but I still need a bow and an armor for DBW to justify losing his Aqua set bonus.

So yea, at this point I think I just need about 5 pieces.

1) Bow with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for DBW
2) Armor with DEX for DBW
3) Longsword with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for Gaela
4) Another Longsword with Crit Rate+Crit Dmg for Gaela
5) Staff with Crit Rate + Crit Dmg + Weapon ATK for Blackaria.

That #3 and 4 are killing me though, I've used probably 240 essences on swords and gotten it.

Edit: Luckily I've been holding on to my rubies. Will summon them all during this GM Summon event I guess.
I managed to get a +crit +crit damage +weapon attack +lightning damage and 499 min damage sword for Greysoul, if I could have gotten defense pen instead of the additional lightning damage, it would have been fantastic, but still awesome for him. I'm going to need gear for Blackaria when I get her created, probably won't be this weekend but going to try to get close anyway, should have at least 3 limit breaks for my SSS priest lined up.

I'm pretty much tapped out for rubies right now. Can pull 10 and get the freebie at least. Got 2 SSS when pulling the other day (one from pulls the other a freebie for pulling 3 SS) and then combined some SS for Konfi, so I'm not feeling too bad about not waiting since the RNG seemed to be working in my favor that night, that was the first SSS I've just pulled from premium summons and the first SSS priest I've gotten.

Chaos17

I've finally decided to stop the game after this week-end because being forced to do meta teams to be into 1% is boring.

yamo

I purchased over 20 gloves from the raid shop for my warrior before I got a pair with +Str on them. Had over 1000 tickets saved up as soon as they nerfed Ragnarok and I didn't even manage to deck out my warrior with all those tickets. Trying to deck out my followers now but it's really slow.

eltonkk

Neo Member
OMG, my account is finally validated and I can post! Joined on August 12th and had to wait till November 1st to get it validated... so sorry for asking 2.5 months worth of questions I've gathered...

I really need some help because I can't even get top 10% in many events. How can I actually become stronger as a F2P?

My main is Meteor Mage lvl 70, I also have:
Warrior 70 (He doesn't have good gears at all, but working on it.)
Rouge, Priest and Archer (all 64)

My allies are:

Draco (w/ ally costumes and 2nd accessory slot unlocked)... I currently use them for all my events w/ my mage:
Bloodwind Max+2
Brightspark Max+1
Blackaria Max
Deathcrown Max

SSS:
Belle Snow Max
Mercedes Max
Shabelle +1
Dark Elf Tinuvian +5
Knight Ari
King Gram
Deathcrown
Knight Tiel
Karang
Wizard Whay

8 SS, bunch of S and A and 1,300 rubies or so. My allies are definitely not well equipped, but hopefully it'll change with the Raid Essence 2x this week, going after Ragnarok all week.

Here are my questions:

1) I'm planning deity in this order: Tinuvian into Llywelyn, and Ari into Kamiel. Right decision or not?

2) Can deathcrown be awakened or can I use him as fodder? (I'm not sure.) Aside from Tinuvian and Ari, I want to save the other SSS for deity and awakening, instead of using them as fodder, in case I never get them again.

3) What is the infamous Friday Daily Dungeon SSS card that everyone is trying to get? Is it this one (I have one): SSS Weapon Limit, Boosts max Weapon Atk by 38%.

4) What stage to grain for accessory? I can hunt anywhere, and my allies have bad accessories atm.

5) Which formation for which event? I currently only have Solidarity of Heart, Incredible Concentration.

6) Go full Ragnarok set or use mix set?

7) Finally, if you gurus can provide some suggestions on how I can get into top 5% or even top 1% into some of the events with the resources I have atm as a F2P.

Sorry for lots of questions, but I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Ventara

OMG, my account is finally validated and I can post! Joined on August 12th and had to wait till November 1st to get it validated... so sorry for asking 2.5 months worth of questions I've gathered...

I really need some help because I can't even get top 10% in many events. How can I actually become stronger as a F2P?

My main is Meteor Mage lvl 70, I also have:
Warrior 70
Rouge, Priest and Archer (all 64)

My allies are:

Draco (w/ ally costumes and 2nd accessory slot unlocked)... I currently use them for all my events w/ my mage:
Bloodwind Max+2
Brightspark Max+1
Blackaria Max
Deathcrown Max

SSS:
Belle Snow Max
Mercedes Max
Shabelle +1
Dark Elf Tinuvian +5
Knight Ari
King Gram
Deathcrown
Knight Tiel
Karang
Wizard Whay

8 SS, bunch of S and A and 1,300 rubies or so. My allies are definitely not well equipped, but hopefully it'll change with the Raid Essence 2x this week, going after Ragnarok all week.

Here are my questions:

1) I'm planning deity in this order: Tinuvian into Llywelyn, and Ari into Kamiel. Right decision or not?

2) Can deathcrown be awakened or can I use him as fodder? (I'm not sure.) Aside from Tinuvian and Ari, I want to save the other SSS for deity and awakening, instead of using them as fodder, in case I never get them again.

3) What is the infamous Friday Daily Dungeon SSS card that everyone is trying to get? Is it this one (I have one): SSS Weapon Limit, Boosts max Weapon Atk by 38%.

4) What stage to grain for accessory? I can hunt anywhere, and my allies have bad accessories atm.

5) Which formation for which event? I currently only have Solidarity of Heart, Incredible Concentration.

6) Finally, if you gurus can provide some suggestions on how I can get into top 5% or even top 1% into some of the events with the resources I have atm as a F2P.

Sorry for lots of questions, but I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

1.) Llywelyn and Kymael are both great, so good decision.

2.) No, Deathcrown cannot be awakened.

3.) No, it's the base ATK one.

4.) For earrings (crit rate, acc, atk speed), farm Chapter 2, area 3-9. For rings (sta, immunity, exp+, gold+) and necklaces (eva, sta), it's probably best to farm Shadowcrag Myth raid and then just buy the accessories.

5.) Noble Chivalry for lab. The rest is up to you and what allies you have. For Golem WB, I use Dauntless Breakthrough, and I've read Fire All At One and Incredible Concentration are good for Hydra.

6.) Arena - Grind on day 1. It's super easy then. you can definitely get 5% (~3500) or even 1% (~5500? Not really sure). Get's harder the later you do it.

Lab - You'll need to get past floor 45 for 5%. You should be able to do it using Noble Chivalry and your warrior, as I have a worse team and can make it.

World Boss - Get Llywelyn, Ravengale, and Archer Ur.

Guild Battle - Just join a strong guild that can consistently get top 5% (around rank 25) and get 800 points yourself. All this takes is a strong main and a good ally. I recommend you get your archer to 70 and use her if she's a ROA archer. Though, even with this, you'll probably still win only 50% of the time, as luck plays a strong part here.

Limit

I would strongly suggest making maxing your dracos all the way to ultimate before getting new ascended ally units. At least have one max+ultimate ascended ally that you can bring to guild battle. And having max+ultimate allies would also help you with arena.

goober

This game can be such bullshit sometimes. Used 14 blackaria essences, and mostly S units to get blackaria to +3.

This is during the buff too.

Such bullshit.

Crzy1

Didn't think I'd be able to get Blackaria made tonight, but wasn't expecting a discount and failure bonus, was barely enough to get get all my SS turned into SSS units. Had to fodder Calgar and Yvante, would have rather kept them, but already had Spark Wizard Ann that I was working towards Ravengale and I'm not planning on making another priest anytime soon. Didn't leave myself any units to enhance her, but with my luck I'm going to need at least 10 more essences to max her anyway. I thought for sure having 22 for Greysoul would be enough but only got him to +6 so doubt I'll max Blackaria with 16.

Otheradam

Didn't think I'd be able to get Blackaria made tonight, but wasn't expecting a discount and failure bonus, was barely enough to get get all my SS turned into SSS units. Had to fodder Calgar and Yvante, would have rather kept them, but already had Spark Wizard Ann that I was working towards Ravengale and I'm not planning on making another priest anytime soon. Didn't leave myself any units to enhance her, but with my luck I'm going to need at least 10 more essences to max her anyway. I thought for sure having 22 for Greysoul would be enough but only got him to +6 so doubt I'll max Blackaria with 16.

From my experience, you'll be lucky to get to +5 if you're using only S.

I think a big part of the problem is that this game is only about grinding. There's no special events or anything. Other, similar games like Brave Frontier, Chain Chronicle, FF Record Keeper, etc., all have weekly/monthly events so there's always something new to do or look forward to.

If you're at the end game in DB all there is to do is grind you way to the top of the leaderboards or wait until new units are released so you can grind for those, just to grind the leaderboards some more.

vato_loco

I think a big part of the problem is that this game is only about grinding. There's no special events or anything. Other, similar games like Brave Frontier, Chain Chronicle, FF Record Keeper, etc., all have weekly/monthly events so there's always something new to do or look forward to.

If you're at the end game in DB all there is to do is grind you way to the top of the leaderboards or wait until new units are released so you can grind for those, just to grind the leaderboards some more.
Pretty much this. I'm not even nearly on top and it's already all about grinding. Also going from 67 to 70 is unbelievably slow. Holy crap do you need a LOT of EXP.

Also finally managed to finish Chapter 20 so I can grind Aqualis. I can't believe how few people understand that you have to use scrolls. Most of the time I'm the only idiot wasting money on scrolls while the others seem to be happy just dying and restarting.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, it's definitely all about grinding. Can't really escape that. I do wish the game had some (any) special events. Now that I think about it, it's really the first game of this type that I've played that didn't have such special events. I guess maybe Heroes Charge...

Yeah, it's definitely all about grinding. Can't really escape that. I do wish the game had some (any) special events. Now that I think about it, it's really the first game of this type that I've played that didn't have such special events. I guess maybe Heroes Charge...

But there's totally an event where you can grind pumpkins all day and never get any. Duh!

eltonkk

Neo Member
Thanks Ventara and Limit for the help. I'll definitely take the advices.

One more question please. Is the Critical Rate the most important stat for all class? Both for character and allies?

Ventara

Thanks Ventara and Limit for the help. I'll definitely take the advices.

One more question please. Is the Critical Rate the most important stat for all class? Both for character and allies?

I'd say no. STA is probably the most important overall if we consider everyone. Crit rate is important for DPS units with high crit damage.

commish

I'd say no. STA is probably the most important overall if we consider everyone. Crit rate is important for DPS units with high crit damage.

Yeah, keep in mind that there's diminishing returns on crit rate, and you can easily add crit rate with accessories. I value crit damage on gear more than crit rate for that reason.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dl this and is it normal for the framerate to drop at the beginning of each battle? running the game on a nexus 5 btw, it's kind of annoying. shame because otherwise the game is good looking.

Crzy1

I dl this and is it normal for the framerate to drop at the beginning of each battle? running the game on a nexus 5 btw, it's kind of annoying. shame because otherwise the game is good looking.
It happens on my nexus 5 as well, nothing to be done about it as far as I can tell. It doesn't happen when I run it on Andy, guess the Nexus 5 just doesn't have the horsepower to handle it.

Whizkid7

I'm having a really good day today, I think. Got another +2 on Blackaria with only 2 S, blew past 35 on Lab all the way to 43, and broke 1 million on Hydra. I'm almost tend to burn some rubies on summons and see if I get lucky...

I'm having a really good day today, I think. Got another +2 on Blackaria with only 2 S, blew past 35 on Lab all the way to 43, and broke 1 million on Hydra. I'm almost tend to burn some rubies on summons and see if I get lucky...

Have fun on 45...... It end 95% of my runs.

Ventara

Speaking of Lab, looks like you'll actually have to beat floor 50 to get into 5% now. I was sadly pushed out of top 5% last night despite feeling pretty secure.

Anyways, I was playing around with some equipment for my rogue, and though I knew it, I didn't realize weapon atk and dex made such a huge difference. I'm sitting at 9.3K attack now, and with a little more luck, I'll be able to get that to 10K.

dukie85

Got enough essences to make Ravengale (1st deify) but ooowee... costs so much between limit breaking and the deify itself, guess I'll have to wait a while

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It happens on my nexus 5 as well, nothing to be done about it as far as I can tell. It doesn't happen when I run it on Andy, guess the Nexus 5 just doesn't have the horsepower to handle it.

has to be a bug or poor optimization, because turning off the sound effects will make that issue go away which is weird.

Those new Dark Souls look ridiculous. Even though we won't see them for 6+ months probably, I'm tempted to hang onto my hero allies. With my luck, I'll never pull them again.

Got enough essences to make Ravengale (1st deify) but ooowee... costs so much between limit breaking and the deify itself, guess I'll have to wait a while

Just wait until Saturday or Sunday. There's a 50% discount on the gold cost.

vato_loco

Absolutely broke after finally deifying for Llywelyn. She's actually pretty good but I still have to grind a bit to get her to MAX because, again, 100% broke. I currently have about 1.500 in gold.

Lab is my friend right now, but Karang is an absolute MONSTER. He makes sweet tender love to my entire team, and I'm already level 68 but with moderate equipment since Aqualis drops shit 99% of the time.

The grinding is 100% real in this game.

Ventara

Got Yvante from the free SSS, I already have Belle Snow and Whay so is there any point holding onto a third summoner?

Not really. Just keep in mind Yvante in a Hero SSS and will be getting an Awakened version, who will probably be needed for the Summoner Dark Soul (aka new Dragon Buster). But that's, like, waaaay off.

Gala

Hi Dragon Blaze GAF, I'm kinda looking for a game to pass some time while taking the bus to university everyday and Dragon Blaze looks like kind of the game I'm looking for.

Are there any decent tipps for beginners and what I should go for?

vato_loco

Hi Dragon Blaze GAF, I'm kinda looking for a game to pass some time while taking the bus to university everyday and Dragon Blaze looks like kind of the game I'm looking for.

Are there any decent tipps for beginners and what I should go for?
Wait, I did this once already. Let me remember...

- Don't use rubies or Friend Points on equipment, it's a complete waste.

- Check the Internet for guides on the class that you want to start. They're all viable for different things, but using Skill Points smart from the start will give you an advantage.

- Don't even bother with the World Boss until you're really high level.

- The game is pretty generous with the amount of content it gives away for free, so use everything wisely.

- You can get a lot of SSS allies fast now, so if you get any Priest, keep them. If you get Shabelle, you've hit the goddamn Priest jackpot until you can make a Blackaria. If you get any other S or A Priest, don't use them as fodder for leveling up other characters. Keep them, use them, cherish them. You'll need them.

- Log in once a day even if you don't play, because the rewards stack up the more days you log in, and they're really good.

commish

At first I thought I had so many SSS fodder to use, but then I see all these awakened people coming (eventually) that I only have a few SSS that are truly "useless". Not sure what to do.

And I'm sitting at over 3000 rubies. When's the update coming!

At first I thought I had so many SSS fodder to use, but then I see all these awakened people coming (eventually) that I only have a few SSS that are truly "useless". Not sure what to do.

And I'm sitting at over 3000 rubies. When's the update coming!

The amount you're "saving" by waiting for a ruby sale or new allies is probably offset by the amount you're losing by not ascending those allies now, especially considering SSS are becoming the new SS (i.e. easier to get), meaning it won't be as hard to reacquire them later.

Plus, dragon busters, dark souls, etc. By the time awakened comes out there will already be something more powerful after that. You need steady progress to stay competitive, not burst improvement

commish

The amount you're "saving" by waiting for a ruby sale or new allies is probably offset by the amount you're losing by not ascending those allies now, especially considering SSS are becoming the new SS (i.e. easier to get), meaning it won't be as hard to reacquire them later.

Plus, dragon busters, dark souls, etc. By the time awakened comes out there will already be something more powerful after that. You need steady progress to stay competitive, not burst improvement

I'm not even saving rubies on purpose. As long as I can get in the top 1/5% of events, I feel no real need to spend rubies on making new characters. My current team of Blackaria, blood, BS and Llyn stand up pretty well in just about every event. I don't want to make a new character that won't be of use.

Edit: I wish they would remove Blackaria from the game. The whole 8 second immunity bullshit really ruins arena/gb. I don't know how someone thought it'd be a fun mechanic to get one team 8 seconds of invulnerability. So many fights come down to whose blackaria dies first or second. So dumb.

The 8 second invul isn't that much different than having the majority of your team sheeped for what FEELS like 15 seconds, or having a meteor crit everyone even through (visually, at least) your BA invul, or having Greysoul get his insta-kill and then go ham on your entire party, etc. etc.

There are lots of mechanics that are super-frustrating, but can be overcome somewhat by not auto-playing (eg/ trying for a stun on an opposing mage immediately, holding off on a DoD if the BA invul is up, etc.)

But sometimes,RNG gonna RNG.

commish

The 8 second invul isn't that much different than having the majority of your team sheeped for what FEELS like 15 seconds, or having a meteor crit everyone even through (visually, at least) your BA invul, or having Greysoul get his insta-kill and then go ham on your entire party, etc. etc.

There are lots of mechanics that are super-frustrating, but can be overcome somewhat by not auto-playing (eg/ trying for a stun on an opposing mage immediately, holding off on a DoD if the BA invul is up, etc.)

But sometimes,RNG gonna RNG.

That's just it - the 8 second invul has nothing to do with RNG, really. It happens every fight. With sheep mages, meteor mages, etc, it doesn't happen every fight, and if it doesn't, that character is next to useless from that point forward. Blackaria is simply 100% REQUIRED while these other characters clearly are not. And as you point out, at least there are counters to sheep/meteor mages. There are no counters for Blackaria.

A good fix for her would be if she's sheeped/disabled, then her on death ability does not trigger.

And I complain about her as someone who uses her in nearly everything. I just wish I didn't have to.

That's just it - the 8 second invul has nothing to do with RNG, really. It happens every fight. With sheep mages, meteor mages, etc, it doesn't happen every fight, and if it doesn't, that character is next to useless from that point forward. Blackaria is simply 100% REQUIRED while these other characters clearly are not. And as you point out, at least there are counters to sheep/meteor mages. There are no counters for Blackaria.

A good fix for her would be if she's sheeped/disabled, then her on death ability does not trigger.

And I complain about her as someone who uses her in nearly everything. I just wish I didn't have to.

Meh, idk. My Blackaria is more useful the longer she stays alive. She has revive and a very strong heal / buff. It's not uncommon for my fights in the top arena brackets to go for 20-30 seconds, having a blackaria who dies quickly is a guaranteed loss in those fights. If someone else's Blackaria is dead while mine is still alive I'm in an unequivocably better position than they are. Because eventually mine will die too, and then I will have the 8 seconds while they are vulnerable with no healing capacity.

I have her at about 55k HP right now at only MAX+2. If she were ULT she'd be about 65-70k. I'd get her higher if I could. If your fights are coming down to whose Blackaria dies first then I think you need more survivability on your allies. Mix their gems up with half DPS and half STA gems.

In GB this isn't quite as true but I've never encountered a situation in high end arena where I wanted my Blackaria dying quickly.

The hard counter to Blackaria is having a team with high survivability.

commish

Meh, idk. My Blackaria is more useful the longer she stays alive. She has revive and a very strong heal / buff. It's not uncommon for my fights in the top arena brackets to go for 20-30 seconds, having a blackaria who dies quickly is a guaranteed loss in those fights. If someone else's Blackaria is dead while mine is still alive I'm in an unequivocably better position than they are. Because eventually mine will die too, and then I will have the 8 seconds while they are vulnerable with no healing capacity.

I have her at about 55k HP right now at only MAX+2. If she were ULT she'd be about 65-70k. I'd get her higher if I could. If your fights are coming down to whose Blackaria dies first then I think you need more survivability on your allies. Mix their gems up with half DPS and half STA gems.

In GB this isn't quite as true but I've never encountered a situation in high end arena where I wanted my Blackaria dying quickly.

The hard counter to Blackaria is having a team with high survivability.

I don't think anything you said contradicts anything I believe. You hit the nail on the head - it matters which Blackaria dies first. And I think you will also agree that she's basically required for any sort of PvP. If your opponent's blackaria dies at a better time than your blackaria, then it's gg for you.

Agreed that survivability is the best counter to blackaria, and I think that's the direction the korean version of the game took, but as of right now in global, with these allies, I feel like damage is still king. When some angels have 12k attack and 50% crit, that's some ridiculous damage going on and it's hard for healing to overcome that. Especially true when meteor mages can one-shot many teams.

I think I should make Gaela. Gaela and DDC would probably serve me well.

I don't think anything you said contradicts anything I believe. You hit the nail on the head - it matters which Blackaria dies first. And I think you will also agree that she's basically required for any sort of PvP. If your opponent's blackaria dies at a better time than your blackaria, then it's gg for you.

Agreed that survivability is the best counter to blackaria, and I think that's the direction the korean version of the game took, but as of right now in global, with these allies, I feel like damage is still king. When some angels have 12k attack and 50% crit, that's some ridiculous damage going on and it's hard for healing to overcome that. Especially true when meteor mages can one-shot many teams.

I think I should make Gaela. Gaela and DDC would probably serve me well.

I just made Farrah last night. Her HoT and damage reflect could be interesting. I also had been levelling up Swift Counterattack the past week or two, and got it up to 25. I wonder what Swift Counterattack combined with Farrah's reflect ability could do in Arena. I'll probably try it out and report back. Could be a decent Blackaria counter.

commish

I'd make a Farrah if I had a spare healer. Wanna keep my Calgar though.

I need a new formation to level so I'll look into that one. Seems pretty good. For a while I didn't want this formation because I thought, when would I use two healers? Well, how about all the time, since I main a priest?!

Salamande

/brohugs. I can't get one either :(

My last five SSSes have been Gar, Tiel (duplicate x 2), Ackard (duplicate), Patta, and Punisher Rar. I can't catch a break.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of SSS priests early on, so I used to kind of snicker when people would complain about not getting any - I never felt the pain of not having decent healing when I was just starting. Maybe this is karma catching up to me.

My last five SSSes have been Gar, Tiel (duplicate x 2), Ackard (duplicate), Patta, and Punisher Rar. I can't catch a break.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of SSS priests early on, so I used to kind of snicker when people would complain about not getting any - I never felt the pain of not having decent healing when I was just starting. Maybe this is karma catching up to me.

I think im up to 280 unique allies, so just about everything is a duplicate for me now

Top Bottom