• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Man, I'm pretty excited for this update. I've been waiting for Kymael for months, and now she's only a few hours away.

On a side note, I hope her 120% shield is based off of HP and not ATK. It would suck if it was 120% of attack.

Ventara

Looks like maintenance was extended an hour.

Edit: WTF?! No new angels, no Hero mode, accessing inventory crashes the game and my characters have defaulted to their original costumes. WORST UPDATE EVER!

Edit 2: Looks like there's an emergency maintenance for an hour. Hopefully they can fix everything by then.

LuuKyK

Yeah I was about to ask what the hell is going on. My equipament disappeared and openning the inventory crashed the game. Good to know that its not a problem only on my end. Hope they fix it soon.

Yaari

Made ULT Kymael. Didn't go very well with the upgrading, I failed a lot. Luckily I was prepared and had 40+ Essences.

Yaari

Holy ass you already ULT'd her?! How much gold did you have?!

I was sitting on 4m and my previous SSS was already ULT, so I just had to Deify and go up to +MAX then to ULT. It cost quite a bit but I don't like to wait. I'll get it back eventually.

What do these pets do?

Salamande

FYI, if you redo Scorched Terra 9 (the end of Season 2) on normal, you get your 300 rubies for finishing a season. Don't forget about that.

vato_loco

I was sitting on 4m and my previous SSS was already ULT, so I just had to Deify and go up to +MAX then to ULT. It cost quite a bit but I don't like to wait. I'll get it back eventually.

What do these pets do?

I can't even Deify Ari yet because getting her from MAX to ULT requires a shit ton of cash. I'll get there eventually.

As for pets, one of them uses Revive Scrolls automatically if you're on Auto-Retry, the other automatically uses C allies to enhance S allies and B allies to enhace SS allies, and the other one automatically salvages C-S equipments you acquire. Quality of life, basically.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
These new convenience features are pretty sweet. Thanks auto raid. Thanks auto scrap my purple and worse items. Thanks auto enhance my little minions (though I might turn that one off).

I got my Kymael up to Max +4 but ran out of gold :) I need to finish her then start grinding out gold for the new mage angel. Kymael seems like a beast so far. I have hundreds and hundreds of shoes, so I should be able to grind up a few of my main characters to the new max.

It's funny how my interest in this game can be near 0 and then poof, new update, and i'm back at it.

Uthred

Huh got a second Tiel, might shoot for Kymael after all, you guys replacing your tank with her or using her as support in place of DPS?

That Unicorn Brooch is pretty nice

Otheradam

What do you guys think are the prim stats to shoot for on Kymael? Sta for sure, but then Int?. I don't know how to balance paladins.

commish

Int and strength both increase his attack, with Strength also giving defense and int giving accuracy. I'm not sure if stam or adding some attack is the way to go.

Also, this 1+1 event is pretty crazy. It doubles any rubies you buy, so if you spend $99, you get 2600 rubies. I don't have $99 to spend on rubies but I wish I did!

Yaari

Yeah I'm done spending money on this game. I had a hard time getting myself to log in lately haha.

Thats a good deal though.

Int and strength both increase his attack, with Strength also giving defense and int giving accuracy. I'm not sure if stam or adding some attack is the way to go.

Also, this 1+1 event is pretty crazy. It doubles any rubies you buy, so if you spend $99, you get 2600 rubies. I don't have $99 to spend on rubies but I wish I did!

Are you sure? I thought it only doubled the bonus rubies. So you get 1600 instead of 1300.

As for Kymael, he doesn't have super high DEF since he's an ally and only gets 1 piece of armor, so he doesn't reach the point of having serious diminishing returns yet. Based on that, I might opt for STR over INT. But I still think STA is better than STR, because it doesn't have any diminishing returns, so it should do more to increase your effective health than DEF

commish

Are you sure? I thought it only doubled the bonus rubies. So you get 1600 instead of 1300.

As for Kymael, he doesn't have super high DEF since he's an ally and only gets 1 piece of armor, so he doesn't reach the point of having serious diminishing returns yet. Based on that, I might opt for STR over INT. But I still think STA is better than STR, because it doesn't have any diminishing returns, so it should do more to increase your effective health than DEF

Guildmate said he got 2600.

Reddit seems to agree:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3u2lcy/11_event/

I haven't done it myself so I can't confirm...

I usually go with Stam as well but honestly I have very few (i.e., none) stam gems these days.

Whizkid7

I think he's right. I bought the $10 smart package and got 200 rubies, plus 20 bonus rubies. And unless I'm crazy, I'm pretty sure it doubled everything in the package too.

Combined for Belle Snow this morning. Now I have her and Whay; no idea which one to work on, which one to deify/sacrifice to get Kymael. What a problem to have.

Uthred

Bad run on combining so my Frederyk is tragically stuck at +4. Ignore Defense [SSS] seems like a sub-par increase attack card, in that it doesnt appear to ignore defense it just says it "Adds additional damage equal to 18% of ATK" or [SSS] Tempering Weapons which increases "Weapon ATK by 28%"

What happened today ?

I've got bunch of SS tickets and even 1 SSS ticket for some kind of mysterious event ?

The SSS was probably because during the last week or two, you pulled 3 SS from premium summon and got a bonus SSS. With the event running last week, you would now get an extra SSS. The 5 or 6 SS was just the freebie they gave out with this patch.

commish

New update. New characters, new level cap, introduction of pets, introduction of forge system, etc.

The SSS was probably because during the last week or two, you pulled 3 SS from premium summon and got a bonus SSS. With the event running last week, you would now get an extra SSS. The 5 or 6 SS was just the freebie they gave out with this patch.

Yes but I already redeemed it . Maybe something went wrong with update and it reset claimed flags.

Yes but I already redeemed it . Maybe something went wrong with update and it reset claimed flags.

No what I'm saying is that you get ANOTHER one. That was the whole meaning of the 1+1 Bonus Ally Summon. You get your 3 SS, get your bonus SSS, and when the patch rolls around, you get another SSS. Hence the 1+1.

No what I'm saying is that you get ANOTHER one. That was the whole meaning of the 1+1 Bonus Ally Summon. You get your 3 SS, get your bonus SSS, and when the patch rolls around, you get another SSS. Hence the 1+1.

Heh I guess I'm too used to grind standards of LL and Destiny of Spirits so I assumed so much free stuff must be bug :D

Salamande

I think he's right. I bought the $10 smart package and got 200 rubies, plus 20 bonus rubies. And unless I'm crazy, I'm pretty sure it doubled everything in the package too.

Yeah, everything's doubled on the smart packages, as well as the ruby packages. Know a couple of folks who got the $99 package and got 2600 rubies.

Salamande

Kymael's Salvation tricks are fun.

• She can use Salvation on herself. Expulsion - Salvation - Expulsion is sweet.
  • If you get lucky and time Salvation on Belle Snow just right, she can summon twice in a row. It gets crazy.
  • Getting the Blackaria death - Kymael rez - Blackaria rez combo has already saved my ass in Labyrinth more than once.
I'm liking her a lot.

Yeah to say bye. Ardha is the leader now

Ahh bummer. Did he give any reasons or just peaced out? I guess it's expected, these types of games don't have too long of a shelf life for most people. I want to stick around at least until Dragon Busters personally.

Yaari

Ahh bummer. Did he give any reasons or just peaced out? I guess it's expected, these types of games don't have too long of a shelf life for most people. I want to stick around at least until Dragon Busters personally.

He said he had no time for it anymore, or it took too much time. Invited people to add him on Steam.

It's too bad but I can see more people go. Game is fun but atm it lives on the updates. I hardly felt like doing anything until they added something new. Not the sign of an interesting game anymore tbh. Oh well, still played since May or so, I got my moneys worth.

ChrisG683

Gahhh, I made 4 SSS this weekend and they were all fodder, so I just accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get Kymael and I was ready to pull the trigger on Ravengale or Fryderyk.

My 1+1 SSS today was Knight Tiel ;-;

I don't know whether to cheer or be frustrated lol. Only enough essences to make one of them... decisions decisions...

Uthred

It seems obvious in retrospect, but just a heads up in case you are dumb like me, the Hero versions of areas that drop archangel essences still drop archangel not dark essences.

Some good QOL updates in the new patch, but the pets feel a little obnoxious. Firstly "renting" what should be basic features feels a bit more blatantly "Spend Money!" than DB usually is and secondly the reminders are a bit annoying (this may just be exacerbated by switching between devices during the day)

It seems obvious in retrospect, but just a heads up in case you are dumb like me, the Hero versions of areas that drop archangel essences still drop archangel not dark essences.

Some good QOL updates in the new patch, but the pets feel a little obnoxious. Firstly "renting" what should be basic features feels a bit more blatantly "Spend Money!" than DB usually is and secondly the reminders are a bit annoying (this may just be exacerbated by switching between devices during the day)

The only pet I could see myself wanting is the auto-raid pet. The rest seem either useless or counterproductive. But yea, I'm not spending 250 rubies on that stuff.

commish

The auto salvage pet is really useful when burning a few hundred shoes at once. set it and forget it!

Auto raid is pretty sweet. Burned 100 tix, got 0 SSS. Nothing new.

The auto salvage pet is really useful when burning a few hundred shoes at once. set it and forget it!

Auto raid is pretty sweet. Burned 100 tix, got 0 SSS. Nothing new.

Yea, but at the same time, I can run through 60 shoes without the pet. So 60 vs 200, maybe I have to look at my screen adn click 2 buttons once ever 30 minutes. I can live with that in exchange for 10-12 premium summons.

commish

I def wouldn't buy the pet. I'll take a free one though :)

And for some reason, auto raid is hit or miss with giving me the raid essence. I just won 10 raids but only got 2 essences. Not sure what's up.

Edit: I think the win counter is just messed up.

Edit: Nope, it just doesn't count the win sometimes w/r/t the raid essence. Pretty lame :\

I def wouldn't buy the pet. I'll take a free one though :)

And for some reason, auto raid is hit or miss with giving me the raid essence. I just won 10 raids but only got 2 essences. Not sure what's up.

Edit: I think the win counter is just messed up.

Edit: Nope, it just doesn't count the win sometimes w/r/t the raid essence. Pretty lame :\

That's certainly odd. I was running auto-raid all day earlier and always got the essence. Are you sure you were winning and not failing?

commish

I thought that was it, so I started to just watch my fights. Sometimes it just wouldn't count. Not sure what's up. Maybe if my character is dead I don't get one?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
FML I REBIRTHED MY ULT TIEL LOL. I was not in the right state of mind and lost like a few weeks of progress by doing that.

Beck

I feel like this game just continues to tease me with my inability to get a SSS healer.

Last six SS pulls had 4 healers (from June to late October I only had an S).

Last six SSS pulls have been Freya and Pitch, along with duplicates of Karang, Percy, Farq, and Pearla... Is my luck just that bad? Granted, they will be used to get Boden Kahlen, but I'm just banging my head against a wall at this point.

Ventara

FML I REBIRTHED MY ULT TIEL LOL. I was not in the right state of mind and lost like a few weeks of progress by doing that.

FUUUUUU

If I accidentally rebirth instead of deified my Ari this morning, I think I would have quit this game. That really sucks. To lose a max Paladin and 5 SSS units.

Top Bottom