• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

KimChi

Oh, fuuuck yoooou.

Give me one summoner. Just one, you damn game.

I was the same as well but my last 2 SSS were belle snow and spark wizard Ann so I'm finally set on the summoner deify's. You will eventually get one, just like how it took me forever to get 1 healer and then I got like 3 calgars after -_-

In patch note news... so glad I saved up my rubies waiting for another 20% discount on platinum summons. Got 2500 rubies saved up so should be able to make a couple SSS this weekend.
Deify Event Part 2 (11/16 ~ 11/24 PST)

Platinum Ally Summon Event 20% off
Platinum Ally Bonus 1+1 Event
(Receive Bonus Allies from Platinum Summon, IE. Summon 3 SS Allies Receive 1 SSS Ally, then receive a bonus SSS Ally during the next maintenance.)

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...otes-Dragon-Blaze-11-16-15-PST-Content-Update

Uthred

Are we expecting the Mage & Rogue Angels next week? Regret going with Greysoul over Brightspark and I'm hoping the mage angel can turn that around. Greysoul looked good on paper but just never seems to have that much impact.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are we expecting the Mage & Rogue Angels next week? Regret going with Greysoul over Brightspark and I'm hoping the mage angel can turn that around. Greysoul looked good on paper but just never seems to have that much impact.

Yeah, I hope for a preview this week and a release of the angels next week.

I think Greysoul will be more useful to you over the long term. I know he became a lot more useful in Korea after his buff.

Got to round 74 of Labyrinth last night. Previously my highest was 59. All I can say is Farrah rocks

I think the reward for clearing 60 is a free SS so that's pretty sweet

So apparently the next 3 Angels are coming on Tuesday. Gah. I have Tiel at +MAX but I thought we would only get 2 more Angels with this patch, so I had been working on getting Farrah to ULTIMATE, and as a result now I don't have enough SSS to get Tiel to ULTIMATE, but I really want Kymael. Blargh. I thought I would have at least 2 more weeks to get some more SSS.

Ventara

I'm in a similar dilemma. Well, I have enough SSS, but I've been saving them until I get their party bonuses. I should be able to get another 3 SSS by Tuesday, and they'll probably give away a free SSS as well. Hopefully I'll be able to clear some party bonuses and free up 5 SSS by then.

Ah. No interest in those I think.
Wonder if they are going to have ridiculous stream viewer expectations again.

Getting sick of those damn streams tbh. The reward system is straight fuckery and it's just a bunch of idiots spamming chat with the dumbest questions they can think of. And then the dumbest questions are the ones that actually get answered. Like "Will formations work in chapter 1 areas?" I mean seriously, wtf.

It's no wonder they can't get decent viewership on the streams, i for one will not be watching the next one.

vato_loco

Kimael is coming next week? I'm not even close to ready to make her. I have a MAX Tiel but not even close to 5 garbage SSS and enough gold to get her to Ultimate.

Ah well, at least she's coming. Maybe it'll get me more into the game.

commish

I will have a mage and ari at ultimate by next Tuesday. Just have to grind some gold!

A lot of gold :(

Whizkid7

Damn, didn't think we'd get pally angel at the same time as the other two. I need 3 more SSS to feed to Tiel before I'm ready! Man and here I thought I was actually going to be ahead of the game for once...

Oh well, just have to console myself with hitting 67.

ChrisG683

Meanwhile I'm at 0 paladins, but 4 Shabelles @_@. At least I got a second incanter so I can try to make Ravengale to boost my WB scores. I'm barely cracking the top 5% and I'd like some more buffer room.

Pejo

Holy shit, I FINALLY got a healer SSS! over 45 total SSS's through combine, freebies, etc and finally a healer. I've basically been just logging in and doing dailies now for a few months, but I can finally build Blackaria....

The only problem is that now my interest in this game has almost completely died. Funny how things work! I am still going to deify her just to say that I did it, after all this time.

commish

I've "quit" this game about 3 or 4 different times, but getting a new character, or something being released, always pulls me back. Which is strange because once I decide to quit these gacha type games, I always quit cold turkey immediately and never touch them again.

I've "quit" this game about 3 or 4 different times, but getting a new character, or something being released, always pulls me back. Which is strange because once I decide to quit these gacha type games, I always quit cold turkey immediately and never touch them again.

Yea I was down in the dumps over the game once or twice already, but my interest always comes back. I don't know why.

Salamande

I was the same as well but my last 2 SSS were belle snow and spark wizard Ann so I'm finally set on the summoner deify's. You will eventually get one, just like how it took me forever to get 1 healer and then I got like 3 calgars after -_-

When you're right, you're right. RISE AGAINST FATE

5h0rSRg.jpg

And from a ruby summon, no less. You could have knocked me over with a feather.
Now I just have to consider whether to keep her or make her into Ravengale.

Uthred

In other news, new Korean tier list, for what that's worth.

Saw that over on Reddit, it looks a bit odd, while clearly the "meta" has been progressing older units have seen big drops in several areas, which doesnt make a lot of sense considering they havent been nerfed. I'm also not sure how a tier list which splits everything into specific groupings is. Are they rated only within their group or against each other? The older style tier lists with everyone in one big list, but with the individual activity breakdowns of this one, would be the most useful I think. I suppose like any tier list its important to take into account its largely one persons opinion. I will say though, every tier list paints the Boden Paladin as an absolute beast at everything. Think I might hold onto Tiel for him.

Sciel

Slowed down considerably over the past month. Only ever login for WB/ attendance nowadays, the grind is just getting to me.

Its either playing the new releases (FO4/AC/etc) or grinding in this game whenever I have the time. Easy decision really lol.

Gonna make Kymael (have just enough fodder/rubies) and see how it goes.

commish

Making Kimael will require some new Essence or the same Dark Essence? Also no word at all about merging essences into one, right?

Keep in mind that it won't consolidate all the old essences. It'll just be going forward.

Ventara

I'm watching the stream right now and it looks like we're getting equipment and card combine?! :D

Edit: And we're getting that sacrificing system where we can destroy gear/essences/stuff to get points to get gems.

Oh, and they're combining chapter 1 Normal-Myth mode for easier leveling.

Uthred

Glad the card combining is coming in. Speaking of card combining, it would be nice if there was a daily shop or at least auto for dailys. Trying to farm the SSS ATK card on Friday's is a chore.

Yaari

I'm also incredibly bored with this game. Had like 0 score for GB battle 2 weeks now lol.
I'm not sure how long it remains interesting.

Just started playing this - is there any point registering account on that hub page ?

Also i got Deathcrown and Aura Windlume as SSS chars for starting new account is that good ?

And what should I do with A or S cards? Is it better to combine them or feed them to SSS guys (enhance) ?

Limit

Good starting cards. Cherish any and all healers you come across and try to max one out as soon as you get a SSS priest. You can use S to max out SSS but do so only if you currently have a decent stable of SS cards (7 to 10). Otherwise I would be turning S into SS and using A cards to max out SSS.

Ehh I think I've made mistake :)

I had A rank heale with AOE but I assumed all healers have AOE healing so I got rid of it since I also had 2 S rank priests - now I'm forced to use one with single healing altrough he has invunerability aura for whole team.

Then again with two SSS I'm steamrolling everything on story missions so far.

Do we have Europe region Neogaf guild ?

Should I get character costume now ?

Limit

Character costumes are a luxury item. There are better uses of your rubies, which currently is premium summon that not only is 20% off but also 1+1 bonus active. If you strictly want to make best use of rubies then use them for summons.

That was good advice. I've burned 600 or 700 of gems and finally got priest Vivi which gave me my first good healer. Which also gave me SSS pull. I used it and got Shabelle.
Goodbye healer problems :)

cpp - How did your Swift Counterattack experiment go for Labyrinth? I just started leveling mine, but it'll be a while before it's really useful. Did it work out better for you than Noble Chivalry?

cpp - How did your Swift Counterattack experiment go for Labyrinth? I just started leveling mine, but it'll be a while before it's really useful. Did it work out better for you than Noble Chivalry?

Sucks. But it's great for arena. It's up to level 28 now.

I think it doesn't reduce incoming damage. I know people have claimed otherwise but if that were true there's no way Noble Chivalry would be better. I can barely even make it to round 55 in Lab with SC but with NC i can get to 74

Damn. I was hoping that 'reflect' really meant reflect, and not 'take the damage and send back a percentage of it'. Oh well, I'll keep leveling it - maybe it'll turn out better than Fire All At One (which doesn't do what the name implies) for Arena.

Damn. I was hoping that 'reflect' really meant reflect, and not 'take the damage and send back a percentage of it'. Oh well, I'll keep leveling it - maybe it'll turn out better than Fire All At One (which doesn't do what the name implies) for Arena.

Yea i used to use FaaO for Arena, but now I've switched over to Swift Counterattack

Does anyone know a) how the 1+1 summon bonus works (as in, if I hit the bonus, when do I get the extra pull?) and b) how long it lasts? I need one more SS to hit the SSS bonus, but I don't really want to rush through things if I don't have to. Definitely want to get the bonus SSS though.

KimChi

Does anyone know a) how the 1+1 summon bonus works (as in, if I hit the bonus, when do I get the extra pull?) and b) how long it lasts? I need one more SS to hit the SSS bonus, but I don't really want to rush through things if I don't have to. Definitely want to get the bonus SSS though.

If you complete the bonus of get 3 SS for 1 SSS then the 1+1 gives you an extra SSS after the maintenance today. Same applies for the 3A and 3S rewards.You have 5 hours left if you want to take advantage of it cause it should be ending after maintenance today.

Gotcha - nice thing is that I just got that SS on my first pull, and then I started the cycle again so after the maintenance I SHOULD get a bonus SSS, SS and S :).

Thanks!

Can you later change skills assigned to Ally from skill card ? I've got some not so great skill which I could use on Deathcrow but it would suck if he was stuck with it for all eternity.

Can you later change skills assigned to Ally from skill card ? I've got some not so great skill which I could use on Deathcrow but it would suck if he was stuck with it for all eternity.

Once you equip a skill card, you cannot remove the skill card. You can equip another skill card on top of it, but the original will be destroyed.

it's basically just like equipment.

Top Bottom