• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

So I realized something kind of depressing. All of the stats have returns which diminish with character / ally level. Even for stats like crit dmg which are normally thought to not have diminishing returns and offer a fixed ratio of crit dmg% to crit dmg, while the returns might not diminish with the quantity, they still diminish with the your character or ally's level. What this means is that as soon as you level up, all your stats drop. Your level might be higher, but your crit dmg, crit rate, accuracy, and defense penetration are instantly lower.

This means that you need to upgrade your raid gear just to say as strong as you already were.

I went into Labyrinth with a team full of 73's and Kymael. Should be trivial to push further than I used to right? But nope, it was harder, and I couldn't figure out why all my guys were dying so easily on round 53 and 54, when usually I can pass them without too much trouble. And sadly, that's when it hit me. :(

Yaari

Decided to leave the guild. It was fun but the activity dropped quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Not sure what I'll do next.

For some weird stupid reason I can't put a ring on Frederyk

Decided to leave the guild. It was fun but the activity dropped quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Not sure what I'll do next.

For some weird stupid reason I can't put a ring on Frederyk

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?281133-Ally-equipping-is-messed-up&p=845710#post845710

TL;DR - click the item, click the equip button, click the arrow (not the box that the arrow is pointing to)

I still see a ton of guild activity. Just not GB activity. So if that's what you want, then yea.

Finished round 75 of Labyrinth for the first time today. Sadly I still finished at rank 19, so I guess that shows you how competitive it is. My score was about 125k below the score of #1, so there's a ton of variance and luck involved surrounding the waves of enemies you encounter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just saw the release schedule from some Japanese stream. Next update on December 8? The following on dec 22? Way too short between updates.

Just saw the release schedule from some Japanese stream. Next update on December 8? The following on dec 22? Way too short between updates.

I'm ok with it. There's no new allies between now and ch3, so people are going to lose interest really quickly if we have to wait 2-3 more months for any new content

I do agree that it sucks that this gear is gonna be obsoleted so quickly, but at the same time I find doing raids more fun than doing arena, so I'll stick with the raids anyway

Whizkid7

Combined for Calgar just now. What's the consensus on him? Is he worth hanging on to? I've already got both Shabelle and Blackaria.

What are best tactics for Labyrinth and Arena when it comes to team building ?

I've got:

- lvl 51 Mage as main with unlocked ultimate Meteor Skill
- Priest Shabelle (SSS healer)
- Princess Mercedes (SSS healer)
- Knight Ari (SSS paladin)
- Commander Garotan (SSS warrior tank but I'm not sure how usefull that 5 sec Taunt with reflect damage skill is)
- Dark Gnoll (SSS DPS warrior)
- Deathcrown (SSS DPS warrior)
- Aura Windlune (SSS archer)
- Abyss King SS Warrior Tank with taunt skill
- Priest Viri (SS healer)

Which ones would You use for arena ? And what classes work best for Labyrinth support slots ?

Ventara

What are best tactics for Labyrinth and Arena when it comes to team building ?

I've got:

- lvl 51 Mage as main with unlocked ultimate Meteor Skill
- Priest Shabelle (SSS healer)
- Princess Mercedes (SSS healer)
- Knight Ari (SSS paladin)
- Commander Garotan (SSS warrior tank but I'm not sure how usefull that 5 sec Taunt with reflect damage skill is)
- Dark Gnoll (SSS DPS warrior)
- Deathcrown (SSS DPS warrior)
- Aura Windlune (SSS archer)
- Abyss King SS Warrior Tank with taunt skill
- Priest Viri (SS healer)

Which ones would You use for arena ? And what classes work best for Labyrinth support slots ?

For Lab:

I'd use Ari, Garotan, Mercedes and Deathcrown. Helpers would be Gnoll, Shabelle, Windlune and Viri. Use Noble Chivalry formation. If you can, make a warrior main and replace Garotan with Windlune. Best classes for support are warriors with invincibility and healers with revive.

For Arena:

I'd use Ari, Garotan/Windlune, Mercedes and Deathcrown, with Shabelle as helper. Use Nobel Chivalry/Determined Concentration, though it's not that important. Here, you'll just have to nitpick your battles on Tuesday morning until you have the score you want.

Uthred

I'm torn, not sure whether to push Fryderyk to Ultimate or make Kymael. Decisions, decisions. Probably going to do the former, while Kymael would be an upgrade to Gram I dont have enough S units to get her to Max.

commish

I'm torn, not sure whether to push Fryderyk to Ultimate or make Kymael. Decisions, decisions. Probably going to do the former, while Kymael would be an upgrade to Gram I dont have enough S units to get her to Max.

I'd probably ultimate Fryd if you won't be able to at least max Kymael. I'd rather have a few really strong units than more less powerful units.

I do have to say that Kymael is pretty awesome, esp in GB and arena. Also useful in lab. But wont' help you in any world boss.

I'd probably ultimate Fryd if you won't be able to at least max Kymael. I'd rather have a few really strong units than more less powerful units.

I do have to say that Kymael is pretty awesome, esp in GB and arena. Also useful in lab. But wont' help you in any world boss.

Strangely enough Kymael boosted me in hydra over gaela. I guess it was her skill reset and shield allowing me to stay alive a tad longer at the end

arevin01

Back in early Nov, I wanted to see if I can get to 10k rubies as a f2p without spending much of it. Well I'm half way there now! I did spent a little unlocking inventory slots and acc slots. What will I do once I hit 10k? Not sure really. XD

ucREf35.png

Salamande

I've actually got over 1k rubies for the first time. I think I'll need 'em since I'm making Fred tonight.

Also: when it rains, it pours.

I've got this weird theory that the character you're using makes a difference in what types of ally you get. Maybe I'm nuts, but, well...

My default character is my archer, so I usually pick her if I'm just logging in to combine, turn in premium tickets, or buy summons. For a good while, I was getting nothing but warriors: something like Tiel, Gar, Dmitri, another Tiel, Ackard. It was kind of ridiculous, and frustrating because I was looking for an incanter.

Eventually, I started leveling my priest, and was using her while pulling premiums for a while. I got Fulson, Lucienne, and Un.

I thought that was really interesting. For the hell of it, I switched to my Mage for my next premium pulls to see what would happen. I got a Belle Snow. Then a Lilith, then another Belle Snow for today's attendance SSS.

Weird, isn't it? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've seen games like this do stranger things.

Anyone know how to add HIVE friends? It used to be that you go to www.withhive.com, find some random person's profile, click on it, and there's a button to add them as a friend. Now that button is gone, when I view someone's profile page there's nothing there.

This is really frustrating as I'm 4 invites away from getting the SS reward. But for some reason even though I've got like 95 friends, I was only able to invite 36 and the rest it's telling me I can only invite once every 30 days even though that doesn't make sense since it's been 30 days.

Anyway my question is: How the hell do you add new people? I've done this before and it was straightforward, but now it seems like the website is broken or something, because there's literally no button to add people.

yamo

I've actually got over 1k rubies for the first time. I think I'll need 'em since I'm making Fred tonight.

Also: when it rains, it pours.

I've got this weird theory that the character you're using makes a difference in what types of ally you get. Maybe I'm nuts, but, well...

My default character is my archer, so I usually pick her if I'm just logging in to combine, turn in premium tickets, or buy summons. For a good while, I was getting nothing but warriors: something like Tiel, Gar, Dmitri, another Tiel, Ackard. It was kind of ridiculous, and frustrating because I was looking for an incanter.

Eventually, I started leveling my priest, and was using her while pulling premiums for a while. I got Fulson, Lucienne, and Un.

I thought that was really interesting. For the hell of it, I switched to my Mage for my next premium pulls to see what would happen. I got a Belle Snow. Then a Lilith, then another Belle Snow for today's attendance SSS.

Weird, isn't it? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've seen games like this do stranger things.

I only play as a warrior and I hardly ever get any SSS tanks. I still haven't seen either Tiel or Ari. If I don't have any of them before Drunken Falcon is out I might as well quit this game.

Back in early Nov, I wanted to see if I can get to 10k rubies as a f2p without spending much of it. Well I'm half way there now! I did spent a little unlocking inventory slots and acc slots. What will I do once I hit 10k? Not sure really. XD

ucREf35.png

This game is raining premium currency - my 10 days old account already received beetween 2000 to 3000 rubies plus 5 SSS tickets + dozen or two of SS tickets - not counting smaller stuff :)

My biggest problem at the moment is runing out of fodder to enhance my big guys.

arevin01

So cpp, I've finally made it to Lab 74 myself. Making DDC last night definitely propelled me past 59. DDC currently has 121k hp with noble form. I wonder if this is good for top 50.

Salamande

Kymael is lovely in GB with Blackaria and a strong damage-dealing partner. So many times I thought my group was dead, then everyone gets rezzed and we come back to win it. The 70% reduction in crit damage is great against enemy DBS and meteor mages too.

Limit

Is there any secret to beating round 55 of lab? I have meteor mage, blackaria, GS, DBS, Kymael in my main team and BW, Gram, Ann, and Shabelle as support. All ultimate except for Shabelle who is max. I have tried determined concentration, swift counterattack (with my mag priest), and noble chivalry. Nothing seems to make a difference. I just get wiped out as soon as I get there.

Ventara

Is there any secret to beating round 55 of lab? I have meteor mage, blackaria, GS, DBS, Kymael in my main team and BW, Gram, Ann, and Shabelle as support. All ultimate except for Shabelle who is max. I have tried determined concentration, swift counterattack (with my mag priest), and noble chivalry. Nothing seems to make a difference. I just get wiped out as soon as I get there.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but you can get past there if you're lucky with Greysoul. I have a similar setup, except I use a warrior with noble chivalry and Ravegale instead of D Brightspark. Greysoul just freaked out and killed everyone on 54 and 55. Kymael probably helped with here 2nd skill and her stun. Made it to 58 before I ran out of revives, and ALMOST made 1%. I usually wipe at 54 or 55 though.

I don't think you're going to beat it without a warrior main. There's a reason nobody in top 100 is anything other than warrior.

In case you guys haven't seen it, I made a thread on reddit to start collecting information about dungeon and raid drop rates of SS and SSS items, and dungeon SS and SSS item drop rates. There's a couple of things we can learn from this type of thing.

1. Drop rate of essences - Is one particular stage better than another? Is there a difference between normal and hero? How are they affected by the 50% / 100% buffs?

2. Drop rate of raid gear. Similar to the above. With accurate numbers about the true drop rate we can figure out if it's really cheaper to buy more tickets or if it's cheaper to buy the ruby box.

3. Ally encounter rates. Again, is one stage better than another, and is there a difference between hero / legend / etc?

In any case, read the thread here. If you're interested in contributing, instructions are in the thread.

Lanrutcon

I'm a level 55 healer in act 2 of Myth, anyone have advice on leveling? I have a team of SSS characters, but nothing fancy. I generally just run Lab for gold and one of the stages that gives about 1.2 million xp repeatedly. Haven't looked at Arena, Daily Dungeon, World Bosses, etc.

I only play as a warrior and I hardly ever get any SSS tanks. I still haven't seen either Tiel or Ari. If I don't have any of them before Drunken Falcon is out I might as well quit this game.

Well i play as a priest i got 3 Ultimate Draco and i never seen either Tiel or Ari so beeing a warrior has nothing to do with it.

vato_loco

I've never gotten a consistent SSS type when I combine or get free SSS. I've always gotten a healthy mix of Tanks, DPS, Rogues, Priests, etc., with most of my rogues coming early on. Like, my first 4 SSS were rogues, and then it became absolutely random.

So how do you guys get characters with insane amounts of HP? I've seen some of you boast 60k-100k chars and I'm sitting with a 30k lvl 73 Kymael. My armor has Max HP increase and it's already at MAX but it doesn't add as much.

Also who should be my next character? My team is Meteor Mage, Regular Brightspark, Kymael, Llywelyn and Blackaria.

Dantero

Started playing this a week ago. I now have 6 SSS, of those two are Porins and one is Mercedes. And I'm a healing Priest. RNG pls ;_;
My other SSS are Gnarl, Percy and Whay. Still using Knight Kai(SS) as Tank. Wondering if I should reroll as Warrior. How do tanks in this game work, anyway? Do melee characters only target the character in front?
Also, how important is buying better formations? I was thinking about the Reflect damage one. 2 healers, 2 dps, one tank.

Started playing this a week ago. I now have 6 SSS, of those two are Porins and one is Mercedes. And I'm a healing Priest. RNG pls ;_;
My other SSS are Gnarl, Percy and Whay. Still using Knight Kai(SS) as Tank. Wondering if I should reroll as Warrior. How do tanks in this game work, anyway? Do melee characters only target the character in front?
Also, how important is buying better formations? I was thinking about the Reflect damage one. 2 healers, 2 dps, one tank.

Make a warrior as a second character instead of reroing. You'll need one for labyrinth. Reflect damage formation isn't very useful. The best purchaseable formation is fire all at one for world boss.

Targeting is random with a higher probability of targeting enemies closer to the front

Dantero

Make a warrior as a second character instead of reroing. You'll need one for labyrinth. Reflect damage formation isn't very useful. The best purchaseable formation is fire all at one for world boss.

Targeting is random with a higher probability of targeting enemies closer to the front

Making a second character is what I wanted to say. I've been doing so much rerolling in various games that the word must have slipped in there.
Strange way to make targeting work. So there's not much you can do to keep your priests from being one shotted. I guess at least the revive scrolls don't cost a lot.
I haven't really been messing with world bosses. The one time I tried, I got destroyed in about 3 seconds.
Think I'll keep going through legend and see how far I can get in Myth(if I can beat legend) before making the Warrior, though.

Making a second character is what I wanted to say. I've been doing so much rerolling in various games that the word must have slipped in there.
Strange way to make targeting work. So there's not much you can do to keep your priests from being one shotted. I guess at least the revive scrolls don't cost a lot.
I haven't really been messing with world bosses. The one time I tried, I got destroyed in about 3 seconds.
Think I'll keep going through legend and see how far I can get in Myth(if I can beat legend) before making the Warrior, though.

You can use a different formation, they each have different probabilities associated with the various slots. It says what the probabilities are if you click each position of the formation.

Aside from that, things like taunt can help (warrior hero ability), as can just getting stronger gear and leveling more. But yea, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it

Dantero

You can use a different formation, they each have different probabilities associated with the various slots. It says what the probabilities are if you click each position of the formation.

Aside from that, things like taunt can help (warrior hero ability), as can just getting stronger gear and leveling more. But yea, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it

I'll have a look at the formations once I get home.(I'm weird, I only play these games when I'm home.) Thanks.

Salamande

I've never gotten a consistent SSS type when I combine or get free SSS. I've always gotten a healthy mix of Tanks, DPS, Rogues, Priests, etc., with most of my rogues coming early on. Like, my first 4 SSS were rogues, and then it became absolutely random.

So how do you guys get characters with insane amounts of HP? I've seen some of you boast 60k-100k chars and I'm sitting with a 30k lvl 73 Kymael. My armor has Max HP increase and it's already at MAX but it doesn't add as much.

Also who should be my next character? My team is Meteor Mage, Regular Brightspark, Kymael, Llywelyn and Blackaria.

As far as the HP, I think it's a combination of ULT levels + SSS stamina cards + great gear + stamina gems. My MAX Kymael has about 65k HP with pretty decent gear, but an SSS card would give him 19% more, bumping him up to over 77k. From there, it wouldn't be hard to see over 100k if ULTed.

For your next character, it depends on what you want to do. Are you looking to get better in lab, WB, GB? What other allies do you have on tap?

vato_loco

As far as the HP, I think it's a combination of ULT levels + SSS stamina cards + great gear + stamina gems. My MAX Kymael has about 65k HP with pretty decent gear, but an SSS card would give him 19% more, bumping him up to over 77k. From there, it wouldn't be hard to see over 100k if ULTed.

For your next character, it depends on what you want to do. Are you looking to get better in lab, WB, GB? What other allies do you have on tap?
It seems that my main mistake is putting every gem on the main stat (INT for mages, STR for DPS, etc.) and never taking STA into account. I should change that.

Right now I have Shabelle, Fulson, Deathcrown, Belle Snow, and I think I have Gar, if I haven't foddered him to get Kymael.

I want to get better in anything, really. My team doesn't get past 20% in Arena and 30% in Lab. WB is even worse with 40-50%.

commish

Is the -15% damage to allies card as good as it seems? It seems like it'd be pretty sweet if it's a straight 15% damage reduction.

Salamande

It seems that my main mistake is putting every gem on the main stat (INT for mages, STR for DPS, etc.) and never taking STA into account. I should change that.

Right now I have Shabelle, Fulson, Deathcrown, Belle Snow, and I think I have Gar, if I haven't foddered him to get Kymael.

I want to get better in anything, really. My team doesn't get past 20% in Arena and 30% in Lab. WB is even worse with 40-50%.
I made the same mistake with my first tanks - so much STR, not so much STA. Unless it's Gaela, survivability is everything. Paladins like Kymael are even weirder - they use INT for ACC and ATK, which is not insignificant when you want to actually hit with their stuns. I went with mostly STA again because you always want Kymael last standing, but that could be an interesting way to go.

You've got a nice lineup there. Since you already have Llywellyn, consider Bloodwind if you can scrounge up another archer. With Belle and Kymael and using the archer formation, it'll probably bump your WB score a good bit (though priests and warriors are usually the preferred player characters for those). You might also want another DPS ally for arena and GB. Draco Brightspark is still great, but I've grown to love Fryderyk. He does a ridiculous amount of damage, completely erases enemy buffs, and his death bomb comboes well with rez units like Kymael.

Tanks using the tank formation are ideal for Lab, so Deathcrown and Kymael are a great start - of course, Draco Deathcrown is even better. Your progression might be kind of limited without a Warrior player, though I've gotten pretty far as a sheep mage.

I made the same mistake with my first tanks - so much STR, not so much STA. Unless it's Gaela, survivability is everything. Paladins like Kymael are even weirder - they use INT for ACC and ATK, which is not insignificant when you want to actually hit with their stuns. I went with mostly STA again because you always want Kymael last standing, but that could be an interesting way to go.

You've got a nice lineup there. Since you already have Llywellyn, consider Bloodwind if you can scrounge up another archer. With Belle and Kymael and using the archer formation, it'll probably bump your WB score a good bit (though priests and warriors are usually the preferred player characters for those). You might also want another DPS ally for arena and GB. Draco Brightspark is still great, but I've grown to love Fryderyk. He does a ridiculous amount of damage, completely erases enemy buffs, and his death bomb comboes well with rez units like Kymael.

Tanks using the tank formation are ideal for Lab, so Deathcrown and Kymael are a great start - of course, Draco Deathcrown is even better. Your progression might be kind of limited without a Warrior player, though I've gotten pretty far as a sheep mage.

I went pure STR for Kymael because I wanted to maximize her shield. I even gave her a Base Atk skill card. Her ATK is about 12.5k now and she has about 90k HP in Labyrinth with the STA buff from Noble Chivalry. I do wish she had a little more HP, so I might swap out one or two of her rubies for opals at some point, but at least for now I'm pretty comfortable with the mix. Highest shield I've seen was about 35k HP when she casted the shield during a SSS Attack round buff in Labyrinth. She may or may not have had Blackaria's ATK Buff on at the same time.

Interesting thing is that using Kymael's shield one could figure out exactly how much that ATK buff is since the shield is based entirely off of ATK, so just take into account her currently active buffs and do the math.

Top Bottom