• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Salamande

I went pure STR for Kymael because I wanted to maximize her shield. I even gave her a Base Atk skill card. Her ATK is about 12.5k now and she has about 90k HP in Labyrinth with the STA buff from Noble Chivalry. I do wish she had a little more HP, so I might swap out one or two of her rubies for opals at some point, but at least for now I'm pretty comfortable with the mix. Highest shield I've seen was about 35k HP when she casted the shield during a SSS Attack round buff in Labyrinth. She may or may not have had Blackaria's ATK Buff on at the same time.

Interesting thing is that using Kymael's shield one could figure out exactly how much that ATK buff is since the shield is based entirely off of ATK, so just take into account her currently active buffs and do the math.

Good point about the shield. It definitely makes a difference, but it also tends to drop at the worst moments...

I'm curious - what level of gems are you using? All SS-SSS?

Good point about the shield. It definitely makes a difference, but it also tends to drop at the worst moments...

I'm curious - what level of gems are your using? All SS-SSS?

Mostly S and SS. I don't think I have a single SSS gem on Kymael. I only have like 2 SSS gems total. One DEX one on either Llywelyn or Bloodwind, and one INT one on DBS

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I went with all stam in my Kymael and she has around 105k hp normally and 120k or so hp when buffed. Attack is a bit under 9500. She has a mixture of A/B gems, though. All I had. I think stam > all else when it comes to her. She simply HAS to die last in order to maximize her value to your team.

Arsin

So I seem to be having a really hard time leveling. I am a 57 Priest and I near the end of the first area in the season 2 section. I have all SSS with one as the Draco Deathcrown. It seems like the best thing I can do is go to the first area boss, the big spider and farm him over and over again. It is still taking forever and I just get so bored hitting the retry button every 3ish minutes. Is there a better way to lv? I do have an exp booster, but that only helps so much.

Nekki

So, I've been playing very casually for a couple of months already.

I'm using a Rogue at level 57.

My team consists of Fulson, Brightspark, Deathcrown (both not Draco) and Shabelle

I have many SSS, one of which is a MAX+2 Mara the Succubus.

What should I aim for??? I have no idea about dracos or archangels.

Ventara

So I seem to be having a really hard time leveling. I am a 57 Priest and I near the end of the first area in the season 2 section. I have all SSS with one as the Draco Deathcrown. It seems like the best thing I can do is go to the first area boss, the big spider and farm him over and over again. It is still taking forever and I just get so bored hitting the retry button every 3ish minutes. Is there a better way to lv? I do have an exp booster, but that only helps so much.

Why do you need to hit the retry button every 3 minutes? Make sure you can finish the stage no prob, grab a bunch of shoes, hit retry and let it run on its own.

Anyways, to optimize experience gain, use experience rings, the experience formation, do the grinding when the bonus is up and use the experience formation. With these, you'll get 200-300% bonus experience.

So, I've been playing very casually for a couple of months already.

I'm using a Rogue at level 57.

My team consists of Fulson, Brightspark, Deathcrown (both not Draco) and Shabelle

I have many SSS, one of which is a MAX+2 Mara the Succubus.

What should I aim for??? I have no idea about dracos or archangels.

Your first goal is to Ult Mara and turn her into Blackaria.

December GM Events

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...t-December-GM-Events!-(12-1-12-31-PST-CET-SGT

SfTJhEil.jpg

Salamande

The dark future of guild battles seems to be extended fights between Kymael/Blackaria teams where everybody just resurrects constantly, if my experience tonight is any indication. I wonder how long that'll last.

Ventara

Andy acted up and for some reason I had to download the app again. going through 54 updates now, lol.

Nice. Free SSS is back.

The dark future of guild battles seems to be extended fights between Kymael/Blackaria teams where everybody just resurrects constantly, if my experience tonight is any indication. I wonder how long that'll last.

Probably not long, since Bodens seem to be a definite step up. Blackaria will still last a while probably.

vato_loco

I made the same mistake with my first tanks - so much STR, not so much STA. Unless it's Gaela, survivability is everything. Paladins like Kymael are even weirder - they use INT for ACC and ATK, which is not insignificant when you want to actually hit with their stuns. I went with mostly STA again because you always want Kymael last standing, but that could be an interesting way to go.

You've got a nice lineup there. Since you already have Llywellyn, consider Bloodwind if you can scrounge up another archer. With Belle and Kymael and using the archer formation, it'll probably bump your WB score a good bit (though priests and warriors are usually the preferred player characters for those). You might also want another DPS ally for arena and GB. Draco Brightspark is still great, but I've grown to love Fryderyk. He does a ridiculous amount of damage, completely erases enemy buffs, and his death bomb comboes well with rez units like Kymael.

Tanks using the tank formation are ideal for Lab, so Deathcrown and Kymael are a great start - of course, Draco Deathcrown is even better. Your progression might be kind of limited without a Warrior player, though I've gotten pretty far as a sheep mage.
I went pure STR for Kymael because I wanted to maximize her shield. I even gave her a Base Atk skill card. Her ATK is about 12.5k now and she has about 90k HP in Labyrinth with the STA buff from Noble Chivalry. I do wish she had a little more HP, so I might swap out one or two of her rubies for opals at some point, but at least for now I'm pretty comfortable with the mix. Highest shield I've seen was about 35k HP when she casted the shield during a SSS Attack round buff in Labyrinth. She may or may not have had Blackaria's ATK Buff on at the same time.

Interesting thing is that using Kymael's shield one could figure out exactly how much that ATK buff is since the shield is based entirely off of ATK, so just take into account her currently active buffs and do the math.

So what I get from this is:

- Bloodwind or, even better, Fryderyk.
- I guess I'll try both approaches with Kymael, first filling her with STA and some STR, and then filling her with STR and seeing which works best. I'm guessing there will be a sweet spot in between, because if she's too squishy, she won't have a chance to revive or use her sield.
- I'll have to bite the bullet and start again with a Warrior, since it seems that it will work best with most modes in the game. I should also look at how to distribute Skill Points.

I have:

DBS Ultimate- SS Base Atk Card
Llywelyn Ultimate - SS Boss Dmg Card
DBW Ultimate - SSS Boss Dmg Card
Ravengale MAX+2 - SSS Intelligence Card

Who is the first person to get another SSS Boss Dmg card in this scenario?

Llywelyn is by far the strongest single dps, but she's only getting an incremental upgrade. Ravengale is the weakest single dps but would get a huge upgrade. And similar for DBS.

Isn't the Boss DMG card fairly limited as it only applies to story stuff? Or does it work for PvP & Lab?

Main reason is for world boss where it absolutely crushes everything else by a large margin.

It works in Labyrinth, but only on floors that have a boss. Which from 50-60 (the hardest part) is literally every floor and on 55 is also every enemy on that floor.

eltonkk

Neo Member
Hey guys, so I made some improvement to my lineup since my last post. Lvl 73 Mage and Warrior.

I now use this team:
Draco Brightspark Ult
Draco Bloodwind Ult
Blackaria Max
Kymael +7 (replaced Draco Deathcrown Max)

My weakest link is in WB atm. Is it better for me to Ult Kymael first, or make Llywelyn/Ravengale (if so, which one).

Thanks.

Hey guys, so I made some improvement to my lineup since my last post. Lvl 73 Mage and Warrior.

I now use this team:
Draco Brightspark Ult
Draco Bloodwind Ult
Blackaria Max
Kymael +7 (replaced Draco Deathcrown Max)

My weakest link is in WB atm. Is it better for me to Ult Kymael first, or make Llywelyn/Ravengale (if so, which one).

Thanks.

If you want to improve WB, you'll want to make Raven / Llywelyn first. Which one is hard to say, because they are the top 2 useful units for WB.

Crzy1

Finally got an SSS boss damage card, only about 60 shoes in, first one I've seen today. Still have almost 400 shoes after I cleared out my mailbox, might luck out and get another. Have been hunting one for the past month or so since I made Llywelyn.

Finally got an SSS boss damage card, only about 60 shoes in, first one I've seen today. Still have almost 400 shoes after I cleared out my mailbox, might luck out and get another. Have been hunting one for the past month or so since I made Llywelyn.

Funny thing I saw 5 SSS boss dmg cards in regular (non ruby) box so far today. Only used like 80 shoes). Luckily I got one fo them, but dang on that luck.

arevin01

Ive been trying out Seven Knights the past 2 weeks, the more I play the more I like it more than DB. Perhaps because its fresh but it may take up my time more than DB as I get more powerful.

Man something is off with the daily dungeon today. I've literally seen 11 SSS boss dmg cards in the regular, non-ruby treasure box today and I've only used about 280 shoes. I won 2 of them, the other 9 are gone. But still, that's like 1 out of every 25 shoes, which is insane.

Crzy1

Man something is off with the daily dungeon today. I've literally seen 11 SSS boss dmg cards in the regular, non-ruby treasure box today and I've only used about 280 shoes. I won 2 of them, the other 9 are gone. But still, that's like 1 out of every 25 shoes, which is insane.

Same, getting enough drops to keep upgrading to random SSS cards as well, but I'm not complaining. Doing the old one, not the new one, can't get through it without burning a ton of rez scrolls (drop table looks less favorable as well). Have only gotten one boss SSS and one accuracy SSS, but have created 4 other SSS cards of various uselessness, considering putting the stam one I got on Blackaria in place of the int one she has. May just hold it for future use on a tank, though.

Edit: Looks like the card drops are drying up with the drop buff off, guess I'll come burn the rest of my shoes in a few hours.

Sciel

Speaking of the boss damage cards. Its amazing how much of a difference they make really.
I replaced my Bloodwind's current card with a SSS card and my DBS's card with a SS card and my hydra score has increased by nearly 7m points versus last week (Yes new gear was also farmed but you get the idea). Will replace my LLY's card with another SSS card next week as well.

--

I've also "replaced" most of my main team for Dungeons/Arena/GB in an attempt to keep the game fresh. Don't really use any of the draco's anymore in my main team.

Dungeons: MagPriest/ Ult Kamiel/ Ult Gaela / Ult Lly / Max+2 Farrah
Arena : MagPriest/ Ult Kamiel/ Ult Gaela / Ult Lly / Max+2 Farrah. Formation: Swift Counterattack.
GB: MagPriest/ Kamiel or Gaela.

dukie85

Ive been trying out Seven Knights the past 2 weeks, the more I play the more I like it more than DB. Perhaps because its fresh but it may take up my time more than DB as I get more powerful.

I've been playing it for a while too. Seven Knights is just a bit more lenient than DB to me for F2P, so that's enough to take a bit of my attention away. Seeing everybody talk about characters I wish I had that are so far out of my reach in DB doesn't help either.

commish

I've been playing it for a while too. Seven Knights is just a bit more lenient than DB to me for F2P, so that's enough to take a bit of my attention away. Seeing everybody talk about characters I wish I had that are so far out of my reach in DB doesn't help either.

DB more than any other game really punishes ppl who start late. Since there's no way to pull high level characters from the gacha, you have to either spend a ton of money or invest months to just try to catch up. It's hard.

Lanrutcon

I have questions!

I can make a diety Rogue now...what are the enhance chances using SS and S allies?
What level do I need to be to try the world boss?

Ventara

I have questions!

I can make a diety Rogue now...what are the enhance chances using SS and S allies?

SS has a 50% chance, while S has a 25% chance.
There are no level restrictions to try the world boss.

vato_loco

I have questions!

SS is 50% chance, S has 25% chance. A is 10% and B is 1%. You can't use C to enhance SSS allies.

You don't need a level, but if you're low (like, say anywhere before level 55 or so), the boss is just gonna murder your ass in the first few seconds.

Crzy1

I have questions!

Deifying is incredibly expensive, be prepared for it, going to need about 4 million gold to deify outside of the enhance discount window (late night weekends) since limit breaking costs so much on SSS allies. A good deified unit will really improve your team, just make sure you plan accordingly so that you're not completely gimped whenever you finish it.
You don't need a level, but if you're low (like, say anywhere before level 55 or so), the boss is just gonna murder your ass in the first few seconds.

That being said, at least throw an attempt in there. Even if you don't make it far you'll get something out of it. Keep in mind that Golem is only available on Tuesday and Hydra is only available on Thursday, any other days they'll be locked. If you don't at least throw one attempt in there you don't get the reward for that week. Might luck out and get a lucky placing and get 100 rubies for free.

If you break 1 million points you get 15 rubies on Hydra and another 5 for 10 attempts on top of whatever ruby reward you'd get for ranking. It's usually a pretty good source of gold if you can score high enough, it caps at 30,000 per attempt, but can get 300,000 gold if you do well enough on 10 attempts.

This is just a shameless ploy to get more people to do WBs, though. The top end is too stacked and we barely get 10k people doing them every week.

Went from 18m to 28m on Hydra. Upgrades over last week are:

1) DBA MAX+2 -> ULT
2) Replaced a DPS with Ravengale MAX+2
3) Gave an SSS Boss Dmg card to Ravengale
4) Llywelyn SS Boss Dmg->SSS Boss Dmg
5) Llywelyn and DBW both switched from 2 set Ragnarok to 2 set Aqualis

Obvious room for upgrades are making Ravengale ULT and putting a SSS Boss Dmg card on my last dps, currently using a SS Base Atk. After that the only way is to get better allies and better gems. Honestly not sure what might be better ally wise than what I'm currently using

commish

28m is crazy, I can barely get 10m!

That's with Max DBS, Ult Llyn, max BW, and max Belle with max Fryd as a helper. I know I could boost my score up a lot by taking these guys to ultimate and adding boss damage cards, but I'm okay with staying in the top 5%. Since we have over a month until Bodens come, maybe I'll take some of these guys to ultimate and change their cards up.

28m is crazy, I can barely get 10m!

That's with Max DBS, Ult Llyn, max BW, and max Belle with max Fryd as a helper. I know I could boost my score up a lot by taking these guys to ultimate and adding boss damage cards, but I'm okay with staying in the top 5%. Since we have over a month until Bodens come, maybe I'll take some of these guys to ultimate and change their cards up.

Personally I'm farming cards every day from now until Myth hits. I'm not using shoes on anything else. With the combine system, there's a chance I'll get SSS Boss Dmg cards randomly on an SSS combine, and even if I don't, I'm hoarding SSS cards for U combines later on. My goal is to be able to make 10 U cards on the first day when U cards drop into the game. I've already got 12 SSS cards stockpiled, so I'm at 3.

Only person I don't have a boss dmg card on now is DBS. I've been scared to do it because I worry it will hurt me in Labyrinth. But at the same time, the hardest part of Labyrinth is 50-60 and every single one of those floors has a boss on it. Round 55 is NOTHING BUT BOSSES. Turq, Gram, Patta, and Fulson are all bosses on that level, so having DBW and DBS both with SSS Boss Dmg cards should absolutely melt that floor.

Even after I get SSS boss cards on all my DPS, might as well keep farming them. At some point I'm going to get other allies, and they're all going to need SSS Boss Dmg cards too.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ULT your Bloodwind first. He's one of the best DPS for Hydra, and since you already hav an ULT Llywelyn, DBW will get you closer to the archer Dragon Buster.

commish

If I could auto play the daily dungeon, I would have more cards. As it is, I just can't get enough reps in during the day.

arevin01

Personally I'm farming cards every day from now until Myth hits. I'm not using shoes on anything else. With the combine system, there's a chance I'll get SSS Boss Dmg cards randomly on an SSS combine, and even if I don't, I'm hoarding SSS cards for U combines later on. My goal is to be able to make 10 U cards on the first day when U cards drop into the game. I've already got 12 SSS cards stockpiled, so I'm at 3.

Only person I don't have a boss dmg card on now is DBS. I've been scared to do it because I worry it will hurt me in Labyrinth. But at the same time, the hardest part of Labyrinth is 50-60 and every single one of those floors has a boss on it. Round 55 is NOTHING BUT BOSSES. Turq, Gram, Patta, and Fulson are all bosses on that level, so having DBW and DBS both with SSS Boss Dmg cards should absolutely melt that floor.

Even after I get SSS boss cards on all my DPS, might as well keep farming them. At some point I'm going to get other allies, and they're all going to need SSS Boss Dmg cards too.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ULT your Bloodwind first. He's one of the best DPS for Hydra, and since you already hav an ULT Llywelyn, DBW will get you closer to the archer Dragon Buster.

Are you farming ch1 dungeon or ch2? Im not gonna put boss cards on DBS until I know for sure my party can get 1% in WB. I can make it to lab 75 with regularly now. Bout 1 in 5 chance.

Are you farming ch1 dungeon or ch2? Im not gonna put boss cards on DBS until I know for sure my party can get 1% in WB. I can make it to lab 75 with regularly now. Bout 1 in 5 chance.

Do you start at 25 or 50? Curious what team you use, because I'm using Warrior, ULT DBS, ULT DBW, ULT Kymael, ULT DBA with helpers ULT Llywelyn, MAX DDC, MAX Gaela, MAX+2 Farrah, and I still don't make it past 60 most of the time. When I do make it past 60 though, I usually get to 75.

FWIW I farm ch1 daily, ch2 drops nothing but junk

eltonkk

Neo Member
Went from 18m to 28m on Hydra. Upgrades over last week are:

1) DBA MAX+2 -> ULT
2) Replaced a DPS with Ravengale MAX+2
3) Gave an SSS Boss Dmg card to Ravengale
4) Llywelyn SS Boss Dmg->SSS Boss Dmg
5) Llywelyn and DBW both switched from 2 set Ragnarok to 2 set Aqualis

Obvious room for upgrades are making Ravengale ULT and putting a SSS Boss Dmg card on my last dps, currently using a SS Base Atk. After that the only way is to get better allies and better gems. Honestly not sure what might be better ally wise than what I'm currently using

Please excuse my ignorance, but who's DBA?

arevin01

Do you start at 25 or 50? Curious what team you use, because I'm using Warrior, ULT DBS, ULT DBW, ULT Kymael, ULT DBA with helpers ULT Llywelyn, MAX DDC, MAX Gaela, MAX+2 Farrah, and I still don't make it past 60 most of the time. When I do make it past 60 though, I usually get to 75.

FWIW I farm ch1 daily, ch2 drops nothing but junk

I start at 50 because starting at 25 wastes my revives that I would need to make it to 75.

War
DBS ULT
DBA ULT 84k hp
LLY ULT
DDC Max 122k hp

helpers

Shab
Ari
DBW
Ravengale

Making it past 50 and 55 is easy. Making it past 59 is what you need to focus on so save as many off CD revives as possible and time your DBA inv for it. 60 and beyond is easy. I have a timer on another screen so I can see when DBA inv is up.

I start at 50 because starting at 25 wastes my revives that I would need to make it to 75.

War
DBS ULT
DBA ULT
LLY ULT
DDC Max

helpers

Shab
Ari
DBW
Ravengale

Making it past 50 and 55 is easy. Making it past 59 is what you need to focus on so save as many off CD revives as possible and time your DBA inv for it. 60 and beyond is easy. I have a timer on another screen so I can see when DBA inv is up.

I start at 25 because you get more points and it's the only way to make top 50. If you start at 50 you will get 1% but you won't make top 50 even if you clear.

For some reason I still die pretty frequently at 55. Maybe I'll try DDC instead of Kymael. Or maybe I could even try DDC instead of DBW, and just have 3 tanks.

arevin01

I start at 25 because you get more points and it's the only way to make top 50. If you start at 50 you will get 1% but you won't make top 50 even if you clear.

For some reason I still die pretty frequently at 55. Maybe I'll try DDC instead of Kymael. Or maybe I could even try DDC instead of DBW, and just have 3 tanks.

I'll settle for top 1% because I don't have the patience to start at 25 and see a fail. Not having Kymael also hinders my progress so until I get her, I won't be trying for top 50.

I make it past 55 about 75% of the time. Its 59 that now has become the wall, just like 55 was and 50 before it lol. Once we get lvl 80 gear, getting to 75 will be a breeze.

I'll settle for top 1% because I don't have the patience to start at 25 and see a fail. Not having Kymael also hinders my progress so until I get her, I won't be trying for top 50.

I make it past 55 about 75% of the time. Its 59 that now has become the wall, just like 55 was and 50 before it lol. Once we get lvl 80 gear, getting to 75 will be a breeze.

It's funny because for me, if I pass 50, then I pass 55 about 25% of the time, but if I pass 55, then I pass 60 about 75% of the time.

Looksl ike they actually listened. We're getting the 50% ally enhance fail increase. It's 12/8 - 12/15 from 12:00 - 2:00 and 8:00 - 10:00, so it even works for east coast players.

arevin01

I just did a full lab 75 clear at 2.62mil. Clearing 55 is easy for me is likely because my Lly can pretty much solo that stage by herself. Gram and others drop like a rock in seconds. She has 15k dps.

I just did a full lab 75 clear at 2.62mil. Clearing 55 is easy for me is likely because my Lly can pretty much solo that stage by herself. She has 15k dps.

As long as my guys attack first I can melt them all pretty quick. The problem is that I often just get stunned by Gram instantly, or I'll get like 3 Turqs who all meteor at the same time, or DBS doesn't use her stun, or stupid shit like that. If I get a stun on them they're dead before they recover.

arevin01

As long as my guys attack first I can melt them all pretty quick. The problem is that I often just get stunned by Gram instantly, or I'll get like 3 Turqs who all meteor at the same time, or DBS doesn't use her stun, or stupid shit like that. If I get a stun on them they're dead before they recover.

Sometimes I wait to revive DBS until her stun is off CD. She most times immediately uses it when she revives. Do you remember what the cutoff for top 50?

Sometimes I wait to revive DBS until her stun is off CD. She most times immediately uses it when she revives. Do you remember what the cutoff for top 50?

Last week it was a little over 2.6. I think you would have been safe at 2.62. No idea if the same will be true this week.

Ventara

Is there any point to Ur if you have Bloodwind? Also, I don't have my priest leveled yet, but is she do enough healing for Hydra? Right now, I need Blackaria in my team to survive, but I've seen some people say to have Blackaria as helper and just summon her near the end.

Is there any point to Ur if you have Bloodwind? Also, I don't have my priest leveled yet, but is she do enough healing for Hydra? Right now, I need Blackaria in my team to survive, but I've seen some people say to have Blackaria as helper and just summon her near the end.

My priest is level 70 with 6 pieces of Ragnarok gear from normal mode. All armor with INT. 3 crit rate / aspd earrings. I put blackaria as my helper, summon her immediately, and then summon her immediately again when her cooldown comes around. It's pretty close, and rarely (1 out of 10 times) i'll lose a person before Blackaria comes around again. But in general that's enough to keep everyone alive. My priest is 5/11/0, 10/9/8/2

Crzy1

I use Blackaria as a helper, can summon her at the start and again around 7 million points or so. I usually have lost a couple of units at that point, but I don't have the ideal setup for Hydra on my priest (need more attack speed, but have no luck with earring drops).

Doubt Ur is going to do you much good if you have Bloodwind and Llywelyn. He's pretty crappy at Hydra since he has no AOE, but he hits really hard and attacks fairly quickly, I definitely do better with him on my team than Greysoul, but that's not saying much since he's really gimped in WB. Stacking Ur's defense down with Bloodwind's would probably be alright on Golem if you don't have Llywelyn.

Top Bottom