• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

arevin01

All my allies have 2 set rag gear. I pretty much now past 55 with about 90% of the time. Its 59 I struggle with but still clear it now 50% of the time. Since it's so easy to get to 75 now, I tired starting from 25. Got 10k pts increase >_>

Note on the helpers. DBW or Gram gets one shot most time once they come out so they are useless. Picture of my party setup.

53rwILD.png

Ventara

My priest is level 70 with 6 pieces of Ragnarok gear from normal mode. All armor with INT. 3 crit rate / aspd earrings. I put blackaria as my helper, summon her immediately, and then summon her immediately again when her cooldown comes around. It's pretty close, and rarely (1 out of 10 times) i'll lose a person before Blackaria comes around again. But in general that's enough to keep everyone alive. My priest is 5/11/0, 10/9/8/2

I use Blackaria as a helper, can summon her at the start and again around 7 million points or so. I usually have lost a couple of units at that point, but I don't have the ideal setup for Hydra on my priest (need more attack speed, but have no luck with earring drops).

Doubt Ur is going to do you much good if you have Bloodwind and Llywelyn. He's pretty crappy at Hydra since he has no AOE, but he hits really hard and attacks fairly quickly, I definitely do better with him on my team than Greysoul, but that's not saying much since he's really gimped in WB. Stacking Ur's defense down with Bloodwind's would probably be alright on Golem if you don't have Llywelyn.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been thinking of ascending Ur into Bloodwind, since once again I just missed top 10% in Hydra. Seriously, i was top 11% last week, so I made Llywelyn, my score went up 2 million, and I'm still top 11%.

Anyways, I'm actually thinking of easing up on this game. Although it's still addicting, it just not as fun as it used to be. I'm not knocking the game; it's great. But I can only play the same game for so long before I get bored, and I must've poured hundreds of hours into it. Also XCX just released. Anyways, I'll still be doing all the daily and weekly challenges, since I want to get back into the game when Season 3 comes out.

Crzy1

Oh nice I'm sitting on 900 rubies so that 7+1 summoning will be helpfull :)

I've got my party to lvl 58 and levelling got really slow now - which part of Myth is best for farming exp ?

Deserted Tower 9 and John's Pumpkin Patch 9 both have end bosses with long invuln shields that allow more mobs to spawn in. Bring a fairly tank heavy group so you don't lay waste to the bosses and you basically get XP equal to 2 dungeons in 2 shoes, the drops are pretty crappy though.

If you can handle chapter 2, Hermit Lake 9 is good XP (usually 5 stages) with the chance for Draco essences and rings. Crystal Palace 6 is also good XP (invuln bubble boss) and has a chance for earring drops and essences. They're both substantially more difficult than anything in chapter 1, however.

Salamande

Ah, evidently Fryderyk's 3rd skill is fixed now, and it will clear invincibility. I'll have to try that in guild battle this evening.

Takuan

I said F it and fed three SSS units to Pearla for ult level. Now I'm grinding Lab for gold to afford the final deification (if there's a better way, please let me know).

If my primary goal is just to progress through the story (I haven't even beaten Myth despite scraping into Chapter 2 content), who's the better party member?

Also, in terms of getting my guys equipped properly, what's the go-to method now? No one seems to be doing the raids I'm able to run anymore, lol.

Is the game on its last legs?

I said F it and fed three SSS units to Pearla for ult level. Now I'm grinding Lab for gold to afford the final deification.

If my primary goal is just to progress through the story (I haven't even beaten Myth despite scraping into Chapter 2 content), who's the better party member?
Who are the choices? I assume you mean Fryderyk vs. Draco Brightspark? Both will be a huge upgrade. Fryderyk seems to be better in Arena, but to be honest I haven't used him. Draco BS is pretty strong though. you can't really go wrong with either one.

Also, in terms of getting my guys equipped properly, what's the go-to method now? No one seems to be doing the raids I'm able to run anymore, lol.

Is the game on its last legs?

I wouldn't say the game is on its last legs at all. Just that everyone is at endgame. There's a couple reason nobody is doing the raids you're on.

1. There is no advantage to spending time in earlier areas when you can just get higher level and outclass everything by a large margin.
2. Even at endgame, people only do 2 raids, Aqualis and Ragnarok
3. Legend and Myth mode are right around the corner, and people don't want to waste tickets farming for gear that's about to be obsolete.

Takuan

Who are the choices? I assume you mean Fryderyk vs. Draco Brightspark? Both will be a huge upgrade. Fryderyk seems to be better in Arena, but to be honest I haven't used him. Draco BS is pretty strong though. you can't really go wrong with either one.
Sorry, yeah - Fry and Draco Titspark. I have survivability in story mode in mind. Everything else is a bonus nice. Keep in mind they'll be at base stats for a long, long time, so whoever can take more of a beating wins by default.

I wouldn't say the game is on its last legs at all. Just that everyone is at endgame. There's a couple reason nobody is doing the raids you're on.

1. There is no advantage to spending time in earlier areas when you can just get higher level and outclass everything by a large margin.
2. Even at endgame, people only do 2 raids, Aqualis and Ragnarok
3. Legend and Myth mode are right around the corner, and people don't want to waste tickets farming for gear that's about to be obsolete.
Makes sense. Both Aqualis and Ragnarok seem out of reach without my guys being properly geared, though. Sticking with story mission drops as a stop-gap doesn't seem to be working out too well for me.

Sorry, yeah - Fry and Draco Titspark. I have survivability in story mode in mind. Everything else is a bonus nice. Keep in mind they'll be at base stats for a long, long time, so whoever can take more of a beating wins by default.

Makes sense. Both Aqualis and Ragnarok seem out of reach without my guys being properly geared, though. Sticking with story mission drops as a stop-gap doesn't seem to be working out too well for me.

Once you get to hero people can carry you through the raids. Just show up in Aqua or Rag and you'll win enough fights that you should be able to gear up. It used to be much harder, but you could in theory clear them all with 3 people now

Ventara

I'm not doing anything anymore. Hoping I run into another cool game. For now its been fun.

Same. I couldn't even be bothered to login yesterday. Anyways, I plan to get back into the game later on, so I will be logging daily for the easy SSS. Not sure if I want to do more than that. Might do the super easy stuff for rubies.

Crzy1

Damn, that's a lot of buffs. Hopefully I can get another SSS or two before the week is up with the ally enhance buffs going all week. Would be nice if they kept this rotation all month, might even be able to get Ravengale made if so.

KimChi

Same. I couldn't even be bothered to login yesterday. Anyways, I plan to get back into the game later on, so I will be logging daily for the easy SSS. Not sure if I want to do more than that. Might do the super easy stuff for rubies.
Dude... I had the exact same feeling yesterday lol
Sad but I'm done with dragon blaze as well. Plus I'm about to be done with finals so ill have time for the games in my backlog.

vato_loco

Started from scratch to make a Warrior to replace my Wizard, just to have something to do with the game. I'm aiming for Fryderyk as well, but I've been gradually playing less and less. There's no other game to replace it so far since my old S3 can't take any new games.

dukie85

Started from scratch to make a Warrior to replace my Wizard, just to have something to do with the game. I'm aiming for Fryderyk as well, but I've been gradually playing less and less. There's no other game to replace it so far since my old S3 can't take any new games.

Have you tried Seven Knights to see if you could run that?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I stopped completely. I just play the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game and Fantasy War Tactics. Enjoyed my six months with Dragon Blaze, but I'm retiring :)

m33pm33p

Banned
I stopped completely. I just play the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game and Fantasy War Tactics. Enjoyed my six months with Dragon Blaze, but I'm retiring :)

Same. The game really isnt doing anything new to stay fresh. I've played since launch and I've done it all. I usually place in the top 1% each week, so it's just getting old and repetitive.

On to the next I suppose.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Same. The game really isnt doing anything new to stay fresh. I've played since launch and I've done it all. I usually place in the top 1% each week, so it's just getting old and repetitive.

On to the next I suppose.

That was basically my main issue. Literally, I was doing the same things six months into the game as I was doing my first week of playing. I was hoping for some additional modes, some events, etc, but nothing really, and nothing on the horizon. It's too bad because I really do like the core gameplay.

Is it worth investing time and tickets into farming normal Chapter 2 SSS gear (lvl 60 ?) they cost 20 essences each so getting full set will be few days of farming ?

I've got lvl 55 stuff from myth level ch.1 raids.

Also what should be my next long term goal with SSS characters?

I've got :

Captain Shabelle +MAX
Princes Mercedes +MAX // those will stay with me untill they implement their awakened forms from Korean version
Deathcrown +MAX
Garotan +MAX
Ari +4
Aura Windlune +2 // she has Awakened form so I guess I can't use her as fodder
Karang
Belle Snow //anyone knows why she has SS ranking on tier lists against World Bosses ?
Dark Gnoll // this one looks safe to be used as fodder
Captain Turq //is it worth investing into her for area since she has sheep spell ?
Priest Viri +MAX

At the moment I'm trying to get my supports (Ari, Aura, Belle Snow) to Max level and I'm slowly farming essences in ch2.

Limit

Is it worth investing time and tickets into farming normal Chapter 2 SSS gear (lvl 60 ?) they cost 20 essences each so getting full set will be few days of farming ?

I've got lvl 55 stuff from myth level ch.1 raids.

Also what should be my next long term goal with SSS characters?

I've got :

Captain Shabelle +MAX
Princes Mercedes +MAX // those will stay with me untill they implement their awakened forms from Korean version
Deathcrown +MAX
Garotan +MAX
Ari +4
Aura Windlune +2 // she has Awakened form so I guess I can't use her as fodder
Karang
Belle Snow //anyone knows why she has SS ranking on tier lists against World Bosses ?
Dark Gnoll // this one looks safe to be used as fodder
Captain Turq //is it worth investing into her for area since she has sheep spell ?
Priest Viri +MAX

At the moment I'm trying to get my supports (Ari, Aura, Belle Snow) to Max level and I'm slowly farming essences in ch2.

I'd say upgrading your gear every time you jump 6-10 levels sounds reasonable. The first ascended you should go for is Blackaria. She is going to be relevant for a long long time. By the end of this month if you don't get any SSS priest use Mercedes to make Blackaria. Ascended heroes are still a few months away and each week you keep waiting for crappy SSS to be used as fodder is yet another opportunity lost in terms of doing well in events and consequently, losing out on free rubies. Get a blackaria, make her ultimate, and fight in GB. Scoring top 5% in GB with a decent guild isn't out of reach. That's solid 140 rubies right there each week.

Salamande

To add on: Belle Snow is considered great for World Bosses because of her attack and defensive buffs, same reason Ravengale is.

I'm going to disagree with Limit and say to make Turq into Draco Brightspark first. Blackaria's awesome and you definitely want to get her eventually, but it sounds like it might be a while before you're leveled enough for GB. You're good on healing right now, and light on AOE damage and crowd control. DBS is a damage + crowd control house, and you won't miss Turq's sheep. And if you want to go ultimate for GB, she's good for that too.

After that, I'd go for Kymael (using Ari). Her resurrect on death works very well with Shabelle's resurrect, and she brings more crowd control and protection.

Keep in mind that some special deities need a special class of character to ascend from. Keep your Paladins and Incanters around if you can.

Salamande

Man, they really fucked up Fryderyk, didn't they? It's nice that he can break Blackaria's shield, but not being able to crit with that skill is a terrible tradeoff. I hope that's just a mistake.

Beck

Man, they really fucked up Fryderyk, didn't they? It's nice that he can break Blackaria's shield, but not being able to crit with that skill is a terrible tradeoff. I hope that's just a mistake.

I believe they said they're fixing that particular issue in the December 14th update.

Uthred

Got Shabelle from the free SSS. Wanted her so bad for so long but cant see her getting much use over Blackaria. Might hold onto her purely out of habit after hoping for her so long in the beginning.

Salamande

Got Shabelle from the free SSS. Wanted her so bad for so long but cant see her getting much use over Blackaria. Might hold onto her purely out of habit after hoping for her so long in the beginning.

She's awesome as a helper in Arena and Labyrinth to bring your team back. Even in the Korean version, I think she's still the only character with an unconditional team resurrect.

Uthred

She's awesome as a helper in Arena and Labyrinth to bring your team back. Even in the Korean version, I think she's still the only character with an unconditional team resurrect.

Ah thats cool, sort of got to the point where SSS just feel like fodder so its nice to get one to keep

vato_loco

Starting over with a Warrior, see if I can rank higher anywhere.

Advice? I've been reading some things and there are two kinds of Warrior: tank and DPS. What are your Warriors like?

Uthred

Starting over with a Warrior, see if I can rank higher anywhere.

Advice? I've been reading some things and there are two kinds of Warrior: tank and DPS. What are your Warriors like?

I went pure tank with mine as I originally levelled him up for Lab, which is where they shine. Though these days I've started using him for more or less everything other than Golem and Raid's.

vato_loco

I went pure tank with mine as I originally levelled him up for Lab, which is where they shine. Though these days I've started using him for more or less everything other than Golem and Raid's.

So what's a Tank Warrior? Which ULT did you choose and what did you choose to level up? My Warrior right now only has lvl. 1 everything and 50 points to distribute because I haven't decided which one I'll do, so I kinda need some pointers here.

Uthred

So what's a Tank Warrior? Which ULT did you choose and what did you choose to level up? My Warrior right now only has lvl. 1 everything and 50 points to distribute because I haven't decided which one I'll do, so I kinda need some pointers here.

At the moment mine is:

1/9/10+Ult

Rage rush isnt much use for a tank, your most important skill is Solitary Battle with Shield Strike a close second (stuns are great in Lab).

1/10/10/0

Physical Strength and Fighting Spirit are your main Passives, Intensified Rage is useless. You could up Sword training after maxing Shield Strike

vato_loco

At the moment mine is:

1/9/10+Ult

Rage rush isnt much use for a tank, your most important skill is Solitary Battle with Shield Strike a close second (stuns are great in Lab).

1/10/10/0

Physical Strength and Fighting Spirit are your main Passives, Intensified Rage is useless. You could up Sword training after maxing Shield Strike
So it shall be (?)

Thanks for the advice, I'll make an awesome tank so I can finally break out of mediocrity.

Can we combine skill cards into higher tiers ?

Hmm I've hit 69 and have 51/181 milions of exp from getting 70. I wonder if I'll be able to hit 73 before 21.12 to get that SSS from level up event.

Well at least they gave new exp booster so I'm keeping all my boots rewerds for weekend

Top Bottom