• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Crzy1

Level cap to 76 raised my warrior HP from 74k to 102k with the same gear. Pretty crazy.

Yeah, my priest has like 82k, was around 55k before the patch. Forgot what the patch notes said, something along the lines of adjusting stats gain when leveling up, but wasn't expecting to gain nearly 30k HP out of it. All my allies stayed pretty much where they were, though.

Salamande

I was wondering why my Priest, of all characters, was surviving so long against the Golem in WB. It was the weirdest thing to see her last standing every time.

arevin01

Welp its early in the day, but I attained #1 in Lab for the time being. It's not gonna last but it does look good lol. Might not even be good for top 50 with how Lab is so competitive now.

lVotgPW.png

yamo

I just received Knight Ari, my first paladin unit. I rather save her for Drunken Falcon considering the luck I had pulling paladin units so far.

I just received Knight Ari, my first paladin unit. I rather save her for Drunken Falcon considering the luck I had pulling paladin units so far.

Almost everything I get is a Paladin. I've probably pulled 3 Tiels and 8 Aris by now. Funny thing is I couldn't pull a summoner to save my life. Finally got Belle Snow about 2 weeks ago, and then I got Spark Wizard Ann 3 times in a row (literally) this week)

yamo

Almost everything I get is a Paladin. I've probably pulled 3 Tiels and 8 Aris by now. Funny thing is I couldn't pull a summoner to save my life. Finally got Belle Snow about 2 weeks ago, and then I got Spark Wizard Ann 3 times in a row (literally) this week)

I have no luck with summoners either tbh. Only one I got so far i Flame Wizard Whay, not seen a sight of either Belle, Ann or Yvante. I will be keeping on to Whay, but i'm not sure if I will save her for the boden summoner or save here for her awakened version. Hopefully I get another one before I have to make that decision!

I mainly get a shitload of priest allies. Got countless of Porin, Mer and Shabelles.

Crzy1

I've only gotten one paladin and I'm still using her in my main group, don't know if I should go ahead and make Kymael or not. She's basically Tiel 2.0, but Drunken Falcon seems to have much better abilities, although he's far away from release. Also debating between getting Ravengale or waiting for Magritte. Have decent luck with incanters, have Belle Snow, have gotten Whay 3 seperate times, Ann once and Yvante once. My luck with priests (except Shabelle) seems to have changed now that I don't need them and I seem to get plenty of warriors and archers.

yamo

Lol I just woke up from pulling Belle Snow in my dream. Had to start Dragon Blaze to make sure it was only a dream.

How far away from awakened units are we? I just pulled Fulson. I was planning to use him to ULT my DDC in preparation for getting the warrior dragon buster, but if we're a month or two away from Awakened Units, I might hold onto him for Awakened Fulson

Limit

Yeah the awakened units are far man. BTW I am sure you all heard we get to awaken our main characters in Ch 4 of dragon blaze. No news on how yet but that's happening. Also the incanter class as a main character is confirmed. The game's population may not be increasing but good to know that at the very least there is content being made worth looking forward to.

Do they usually run any solid 1+1 promotions during Christmas ? I'm sitting on 1200 rubies atm.

Also I need a bit of advice on my mage.

I've lvl 71 and so far my skill distribution is:

5/10+U/10
1/10/7/1

Should I reset those 5 points from first skill ? That would free me 4 skill points

And where to spend my points from remaining levels ? 3rd passive definitly to level 8 but after that it would cost 6 sp to reach 1/10/10/1 maybe it's better to invest it in other passives ?

And final question - should I reset ultimate meteor and take sheep instead ? It would be big lose of damage on meteor skill but sheeping more than one target looks very tempting as it would reduce amount of damage i'm taking.

Salamande

On the sheep question, I'd stick with meteor. I'm actually considering respeccing my own sheep mage into meteor. Getting the clutch multi-sheep is awesome, but I've been finding that many of my losses in GB have been to big meteors crushing my whole team. With all the crit damage provided by the latest gear, it's just a monstrous hit.

In addition, my sheeps seem to be hitting much less often lately. I think it's because of the general increase in immunity, but it just doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to.

Limit

Chapter 3 is just a few weeks out. And for 450 rubies we get to have a second skill tree that we can switch to for main characters. So I would suggest not spending 100 rubies on skill reset at this juncture. Soon enough you will have access to both sheep and meteor mage build at the same time.

And yeah, wait until Christmas day before spending rubies. Chances are high they will run a 1+1 promotion.

Nice I must have missed that feature where checking livi's blog.

And I finally scored lvl 73 with whole one day left till level up event ends so I should get another free SSS :) Now time to farm some proper equipment.

I've got another question about game mechanics:

Weapon for healers - can they score critical hits when healing ? Also does additional elemental damage work at all when healing ?

If no then best healer weapon would be one which has increase damage and increase maximum damage and all the accuracy, defense penetration, additional damage , crit chance/dmg are less important ?

If no then best healer weapon would be one which has increase damage and increase maximum damage and all the accuracy, defense penetration, additional damage , crit chance/dmg are less important ?

crit chance/crit dmg still rule. Best Staff is crit chance + crit dmg + weapon atk + weapon max atk. Best orb is crit chance + crit dmg + int + (weapon atk OR stamina).

I personally prefer orbs with stamina in the last slot because healers are more useful alive than dead, but I guess this one is personal preference.

Uthred

Having terrible luck with Dark Essence drops these days. Probably just RNG and confirmation bias but they feel harder to get.

Having terrible luck with Dark Essence drops these days. Probably just RNG and confirmation bias but they feel harder to get.

I've been tracking them on my spreadsheet, and although the sample size is still small, it looks roughly the same between hero and legend mode, which is about 0.75% ~ 1.5%

Beck

I thought the same thing for the last couple of months, getting nothing for hundreds of shoes. Then in the course of 120 shoes while grinding last night, I got four essence. That's the same amount I've had drop accumulated.

I feel like I used up all my luck for the next couple of months (especially considering I started the day off by pulling Shabelle, my first SSS healer).

Salamande

I was thinking exactly the same. Leveling up my Ravengale has been a pain in the ass - I've had to just buy essences since they haven't been dropping. Thanks goodness going to ULT has no chance of failure...

Limit

Dark Essence drop rate has been really bad for me too. Used to get at least once every two days. Now it seems like once per week. Good that I am not eyeing on deifying any angels anytime soon. Just playing the waiting game with the boden tank right now.

Is there a gaf guild? Or one most of us are in? I would like to join someone...

There used to be one. Still might be around. Most active players from gaf guild joined a reddit guild, which then proceeded to wither away itself. Active players from that are spread out right now. I would say just apply to one of top 50 guilds. Shouldn't be hard to get in. From that point on depending on how much gb you do either apply to stronger guilds or more casual ones.

Arsin

A few questions Blaze GAF.

First is what build should I be using for my Priest? I am only lv 67, but I feel like my team dies really fast even though I have the healing ulti skilled. Also which of the passives should I be lving? The DEF seems awesome, but so does IMM.

Second, I have a mage that is ready to be Defiyed, but I am not sure who to change her into. The new mage looks real good, but Brightspark does too. Which would be better?

Limit

A few questions Blaze GAF.

First is what build should I be using for my Priest? I am only lv 67, but I feel like my team dies really fast even though I have the healing ulti skilled. Also which of the passives should I be lving? The DEF seems awesome, but so does IMM.

Second, I have a mage that is ready to be Defiyed, but I am not sure who to change her into. The new mage looks real good, but Brightspark does too. Which would be better?

I use my priest primarily as a means of getting higher points in world bosses, so I just use magnify priest build. If you want to get a good sense of how to distribute skill points then go to arena and look at top 20 - 25 ranked players.

For your second question, you can't go wrong picking either of the two. Best teams have both. I'd say go for whichever one you have most essences of.

Selner

Hello!

I started and stopped playing this game a little while ago. Didn't really give it a enough time really.

Started back up a couple days ago. Finding it to be a lot of fun :).

Only up to level 26, and chapter 29 of the main quest.

I've tried applying to a couple of guilds, but no responses so far.

I guess I'll just keep plugging away...

Heh 490k gold to upgrade skill after Limit Breaking SSS - it looks like I'll spend a lot of time in Labirynths for next few days...

Also Christmas is so far super disappointing in Dragon Blaze - bells event which will give few free summons or tickets, bunch of SS pulls and 1+1 or 20% deals on anything worthwille.

Arsin

I am expecting to get a new iPad for Christmas tomorrow and I was wondering if there is anything I need to do to keep playing Dragon Blaze on my new device. Is there something I have to transfer or whatever or do I just install the game and log in again and everything is there?

Salamande

I am expecting to get a new iPad for Christmas tomorrow and I was wondering if there is anything I need to do to keep playing Dragon Blaze on my new device. Is there something I have to transfer or whatever or do I just install the game and log in again and everything is there?

I'm doing the same thing, switching between my Android phone and my iPad all the time. As long as you have a HIVE account, you can freely go between platforms with just that login.

Uthred

I'm doing the same thing, switching between my Android phone and my iPad all the time. As long as you have a HIVE account, you can freely go between platforms with just that login.

Yeah its super handy, wish more mobile games used the same system as losing all your premium currency when you change platforms is as limiting as it is seemingly common

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Make sure to force close the app after logging out if you want to switch devices. You will get an error code since you can't be simultaneously logged in

Crzy1

Yeah, it's nice to be able to use multiple devices. Emulators are also usable, but things like Nox allow for touch macros, so they may end up disabling them. I know I've gotten a ton of gold using it to auto run labs during the bonus gold events this month.

Hope I'm not too busy tomorrow, I made Kymael but have been waiting for an enhance fail event to enhance her. With all the SS they're throwing at me, I may be able to make a couple of SSS and get her close to Ult as well.

Crzy1

Well, I don't even know why I waited for the enhance fail buff. Burned 27 essences and got Kymael to +7, failed at 90%+ twice, I swear this game lies about enhance chances on deified units, would never take 26 S allies and an SS to max a non-deity SSS unit.

Well, I don't even know why I waited for the enhance fail buff. Burned 27 essences and got Kymael to +7, failed at 90%+ twice, I swear this game lies about enhance chances on deified units, would never take 26 S allies and an SS to max a non-deity SSS unit.

I failed a 94% before. Shit happens

arevin01

So the upcoming U gear, the grind will be insane I dunno if I can stay sane while dong it. From Livis blog...

20 SSS 6-Man Ragnarok Tickets for 1 piece of U gear.
1 SSS Ticket costs 10 normal Raid Token.
That'd be 200 normal Raid Token to grab 20 SSS Tickets.
200 Raid Token would be 400 Tickets.

So to recap, you'll need to spend 400 tix to be able to buy 1 U gear.

Uthred

So the upcoming U gear, the grind will be insane I dunno if I can stay sane while dong it. From Livis blog...

20 SSS 6-Man Ragnarok Tickets for 1 piece of U gear.
1 SSS Ticket costs 10 normal Raid Token.
That'd be 200 normal Raid Token to grab 20 SSS Tickets.
200 Raid Token would be 400 Tickets.

So to recap, you'll need to spend 400 tix to be able to buy 1 U gear.

That doesnt sound appealing at all, gonna stick around for Season 3 at least but stuff like that will kill the game for me. Especially as you have to pay 200 rubies for just a months worth of auto raid.

Top Bottom