• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

arevin01

That doesnt sound appealing at all, gonna stick around for Season 3 at least but stuff like that will kill the game for me. Especially as you have to pay 200 rubies for just a months worth of auto raid.

I suppose you have to treat U gear like you treat SSS/diety ally. It's super rare and should take a long time to acquire. The big problem I have with this is the inevitable bad RNG stat rolls from all the effort.

So the upcoming U gear, the grind will be insane I dunno if I can stay sane while dong it. From Livis blog...

20 SSS 6-Man Ragnarok Tickets for 1 piece of U gear.
1 SSS Ticket costs 10 normal Raid Token.
That'd be 200 normal Raid Token to grab 20 SSS Tickets.
200 Raid Token would be 400 Tickets.

So to recap, you'll need to spend 400 tix to be able to buy 1 U gear.

Yea but that post leaves out some details.

1) can't you just farm the 6 man raid and get a U drop?

2) 6 man raid drops orange or better gear, so you can farm up red gear more easily on the 6 man raid.

3) does the 6 man raid drop Ragnarok essences?

4) how much does it cost to enter the 6 man raid?

Until those questions are answered it's hard to say how bad it is going to be

I've seen somewhere that those SSS tickets will also be lootable but i can't remember where.

Is there any good way of farming jewels ?

Also i've failed 98,5% chance to enhance ally yesterday :) thankfully it was when i was burning * star guys.

Selner

So, I got in a guild the morning, but I don't quite understand the guild battle thing.

I see that I take my character and one ally, but who fills in the other two slots. And I'm guessing you can't start the fight until all the slots are full? No explanation in game that I saw.

Up to level 37 now, chugging along...

So, I got in a guild the morning, but I don't quite understand the guild battle thing.

I see that I take my character and one ally, but who fills in the other two slots. And I'm guessing you can't start the fight until all the slots are full? No explanation in game that I saw.

Up to level 37 now, chugging along...

The other 2 slots are taken up by another guild mate and his/her ally.

vato_loco

As soon as I can get my hands on 300 rubies I'm deifying my Regular Brightspark to a Fryderyk, and I will finally get my whole team the way I want it. Except I want them all to be ULTs but that's expensive and time consuming.

Right now my team is a Meteor Mage (with a Warrior on its way to level 74 but still far away) and

- Brightspark ULT,
- Blackaria MAX,
- Llywellyn MAX,
- Kymael MAX.

That Blackaria / Kymael revival combo is absurdly good. It saved me through some tough spots during Arena and Story, although I still can't finish Season 2. I finally managed to beat some bosses I couldn't beat before but I have such rotten luck with Raid equipment that I can't get good things on my team. And I've used THOUSANDS of tickets so far.

Salamande

As soon as I can get my hands on 300 rubies I'm deifying my Regular Brightspark to a Fryderyk, and I will finally get my whole team the way I want it. Except I want them all to be ULTs but that's expensive and time consuming.

You won't regret it. Fryd is seriously good.

That said, I'm surprised you can't beat Season 2 with that team.

Hmm I've reached lvl cap and I'm still stuck in myth mode normal Cave of Daemons against trio of Incubus bosses.

I've got tons of lvl 64 equipment and I can't get anything better since it's all I can get from Akalis.

I've got whole team at MAX+1 is the game telling me I need to farm more SSS guys to get ultimates? ;)

Also how do you spend boots after level cap? Daily dungeon for skills or still myth mode for essences ?

vato_loco

You won't regret it. Fryd is seriously good.

That said, I'm surprised you can't beat Season 2 with that team.
I should be able to easily if I can only get a half decent mail for Blackaria and a decent STA jewel for Kymael, but it seems my luck is just the worst...

Hmm I've reached lvl cap and I'm still stuck in myth mode normal Cave of Daemons against trio of Incubus bosses.

I've got tons of lvl 64 equipment and I can't get anything better since it's all I can get from Akalis.

I've got whole team at MAX+1 is the game telling me I need to farm more SSS guys to get ultimates? ;)

Also how do you spend boots after level cap? Daily dungeon for skills or still myth mode for essences ?
I was stuck there since FOREVER, then I got my team to MAX and MAX'ed all their equipment and placed STA rubies on them, and suddenly they were easy as pie. I'm also lvl. 74. What's your team?

I've tried

My meteor mage

Team1:
Knight Ari Max+1
Deathcrown Max+1
Mercedes Max+1
Bell Snow Max

Team2:
Mercedes M+1
Shabelle M+1
Deathcrown M+1
Ari M+1

I also have
Windlune +Max
Garrotan +Max

and have fresh Black Dino Tyrant to level up fast if needed

But I've got drastic shortage of Stamina gems so I mostly put main +INT/+STR ones

Right now my team is a Meteor Mage (with a Warrior on its way to level 74 but still far away) and

- Brightspark ULT,
- Blackaria MAX,
- Llywellyn MAX,
- Kymael MAX.

That Blackaria / Kymael revival combo is absurdly good. It saved me through some tough spots during Arena and Story, although I still can't finish Season 2. I finally managed to beat some bosses I couldn't beat before but I have such rotten luck with Raid equipment that I can't get good things on my team. And I've used THOUSANDS of tickets so far.

Do all your units have fully maxed raid gear?

vato_loco

I've tried

My meteor mage

Team1:
Knight Ari Max+1
Deathcrown Max+1
Mercedes Max+1
Bell Snow Max

Team2:
Mercedes M+1
Shabelle M+1
Deathcrown M+1
Ari M+1

I also have
Windlune +Max
Garrotan +Max

and have fresh Black Dino Tyrant to level up fast if needed

But I've got drastic shortage of Stamina gems so I mostly put main +INT/+STR ones
Did you consider deifying some of your allies to get better ones? Blackaria, Bloodwind, Kymael, Llywelyn, they're all awesome units well worth the cost of their summoning.

Do all your units have fully maxed raid gear?
Hells no. I mentioned before, I have the worst luck in raids. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon murdering Valmut and I got ONE SS glove for all my efforts. The rest was utter garbage. Managed to get 20 essences and purchased a mail for Blackaria and that's it.

Did you consider deifying some of your allies to get better ones? Blackaria, Bloodwind, Kymael, Llywelyn, they're all awesome units well worth the cost of their summoning.

Hells no. I mentioned before, I have the worst luck in raids. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon murdering Valmut and I got ONE SS glove for all my efforts. The rest was utter garbage. Managed to get 20 essences and purchased a mail for Blackaria and that's it.

That's your problem. Fwiw you have the same luck as everyone else. You need to dedicate all your tickets to raid until everyone is full red and +MAX. You don't need to wait for optimal stat rolls, but you need all red. You can run 80 raids in a day without even refilling tickets. That's 4 guaranteed SSS in addition to whatever drops. If you're dedicated you can max all your people's gear in 2-3 days of raiding. Just gotta commit to it

Salamande

That's your problem. Fwiw you have the same luck as everyone else. You need to dedicate all your tickets to raid until everyone is full red and +MAX. You don't need to wait for optimal stat rolls, but you need all red. You can run 80 raids in a day without even refilling tickets. That's 4 guaranteed SSS in addition to whatever drops. If you're dedicated you can max all your people's gear in 2-3 days of raiding. Just gotta commit to it

To be fair, you also have to pay for maxing all that gear, which might not be an insignificant cost depending on what he's been doing. And every ticket spent on raids is a ticket not spent in the Lab, where the real money is. So though the general point stands, it might take a bit longer than a few days.

To be fair, you also have to pay for maxing all that gear, which might not be an insignificant cost depending on what he's been doing. And every ticket spent on raids is a ticket not spent in the Lab, where the real money is. So though the general point stands, it might take a bit longer than a few days.

Personally I prefer spamming dungeons for gold. Can get 12k with accessories in 2 minutes while simultaneously farming essences and bells.

If you want to go full gold, thens upposedly Fortress 7 (from chapter 1) you can get 25k per run in 1 minute. And it uses shoes instead of tickets, so you don't have to waste them on Lab which takes 10-15 minutes per run.

Speaking of lab, apparently we have 75-100 now? Anyone tried it yet? I usually wait until the last day to get to do Lab, then clear it within the first 3-4 attempts, but maybe I should spend some time seeing how far past 75 I can get this week.

Personally I prefer spamming dungeons for gold. Can get 12k with accessories in 2 minutes while simultaneously farming essences and bells.

If you want to go full gold, thens upposedly Fortress 7 (from chapter 1) you can get 25k per run in 1 minute. And it uses shoes instead of tickets, so you don't have to waste them on Lab which takes 10-15 minutes per run.

Speaking of lab, apparently we have 75-100 now? Anyone tried it yet? I usually wait until the last day to get to do Lab, then clear it within the first 3-4 attempts, but maybe I should spend some time seeing how far past 75 I can get this week.

after 75 it becomes hard again. i tried a few times starting from 75 and i manage to get to 78 where everything one shots my tank. I think i need a tanky formation.

Not sure who reads reddit, but I finished the first version of my equipment analyzer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3yk3hj/dragon_blaze_equipment_analyzer_v01_beta/

Basically you enter your equipment, gems, title, class, passives, etc and it figures out your ATK and HP. It also has a feature to let you test the effects of replacing one piece of gear with another piece of gear. So when you get a new raid drop you can see how your stats are affected by swapping out the gear, before you go to the trouble of enhancing it.

Well sure - I've got 10 Brightspark and 9 Blackaria essences + fodder Priest and fodder mage to convert but I'd need to ultimate them first and then I'd have to upgrade draco ally.

Is it better to get one Draco or distribute those points on my 4 main team members ?

arevin01

cpp ave you tried lab 75+ yet? I've tried a few times and made it to lvl 80 before wiping over and over. It's very hard and I think you need certain unites to clear 100 or until we get higher lvl cap. I would keep trying but it takes 8 tix per attempt so cant really do so much.

cpp ave you tried lab 75+ yet? I've tried a few times and made it to lvl 80 before wiping over and over. It's very hard and I think you need certain unites to clear 100 or until we get higher lvl cap. I would keep trying but it takes 8 tix per attempt so cant really do so much.

Tried it 3 times, made it to 79 on my best attempt. I'm using Warrior, Kymael, DBA, DBS, Gaela. All Ultimate, with very good gear.

What team did you use to make it to 80?

I noticed that you still get more points starting from 25. About a 200k increase over starting from 75. Really annoying that they made Lab that way.

I think you will probably need Bodens and U gear to clear 90, and Busters to clear 100

arevin01

Tried it 3 times, made it to 79 on my best attempt. I'm using Warrior, Kymael, DBA, DBS, Gaela. All Ultimate, with very good gear.

What team did you use to make it to 80?

I noticed that you still get more points starting from 25. About a 200k increase over starting from 75. Really annoying that they made Lab that way.

I think you will need Busters are Bodens to clear 100

lol no way I would start from 25, the time it takes is way too long. Not until I'm certain I can make it to 75 with 100% success rate. It's just pure luck I made it to 80. I most times died at 77. Making it to 80 got me 2.83mil.

DDC max, ULT DBA, Lly, DBS.

lol no way I would start from 25, the time it takes is way too long. Not until I'm certain I can make it to 75 with 100% success rate. It's just pure luck I made it to 80. I most times died at 77. Making it to 80 got me 2.83mil.

DDC max, ULT DBA, Lly, DBS.

Interesting, I should try Kymael as my helper and DDC in my main. I find Gaela better than Llywelyn just because even though Llywelyn does more damage, Gaela is way more tanky and can take a few hits.

arevin01

Interesting, I should try Kymael as my helper and DDC in my main. I find Gaela better than Llywelyn just because even though Llywelyn does more damage, Gaela is way more tanky and can take a few hits.

My War gets 1 shotted after lab 76 with base +24k Def and 115k HP. Are you going for the Warrior Buster? I plan to make it my first buster then archer second.

My War gets 1 shotted after lab 76 with base +24k Def and 115k HP. Are you going for the Warrior Buster? I plan to make it my first buster then archer second.

Def is useless after about 15k. Go full hp in my opinion. Yea I'm going warrior buster first. DDC and Gaela are both ult, and I'm going to be taking Rutar to ult in the next week or so to prepare

vato_loco

I really should do that this weekend when the 100% Raid is on. I could even download and install that Andy the Android Emulator so I don't murder my phone battery.

Also all my money is going right now towards making Fryderyk. I still have enough, but I'll be pretty poor once I make him since it costs 800k and I'm sitting on about 1.4m.

wapplew

Def is useless after about 15k. Go full hp in my opinion. Yea I'm going warrior buster first. DDC and Gaela are both ult, and I'm going to be taking Rutar to ult in the next week or so to prepare

I'm planning to get rogue buster first, seems more useful. Big decision between war buster or rogue buster...
Anyone know the best setup for Golem? Ally, formation, gear, card.

Looks like there's 1+1 on rubies and smart packages. Anyone knows if there's anything else as community team is on holidays and there's no notification on official page

Limit

I haven't seen anything. Double rubies + 1 sss + accessory if this is your first time purchasing since the reset. Or get 200 shoes and tix instead of accessory if you go for the popup deal. Maybe there will be 20% off for summons and/or summon 1+1 after the 1/4 update but that's just a guess.

The one other thing that I noticed, you may have as well, is that now we will be getting 2 sss on the last day of login calendar. So a total of 5 SSS for January. 3 from logins, 1 from event, and 1 after the 1/4 update; or somewhere around that time.

Will be usefull for sure :)

Since we might be getting bodens in February are there any Dracos or Angels that will be made obsolete by new arrivals and should be ignored for now ?

Limit

DDC is the only one that comes to mind. Kahlen, the boden tank, is a huge upgrade over him. DDC and other dracos just got buffed in Korea so they will eventually become good again. But for now, go for Kahlen.

The other one is boden paladin who has a lot more going for him compared to Kymael. But he is far away. April - May, maybe. Don't worry about him too much for now.

As already linked before, go to livi's website to get a taste of what chapter 3 has to offer. Pretty informative.

Beck

This game is something else... I don't get an SSS priest for six months, then my last three pulls were three priests. Two of which were Shabelle.

According to the tier spreadsheet, my "Meta" characters have been Shabelle, Brightspark and Whay, each of which I've pulled twice. I hate to use them as fodder.

I've spent hours farming labyrinth for money and burned all my SSS fodder I was keeping for future deifying but I got my first Draco - Blackaria.

And that's without free SSS coming tomorrow :)

Since I'll have to use rubies to buy more essences should i use SS allies as fodder to enhance her after 1 or 2 first levels ?

I've spent hours farming labyrinth for money and burned all my SSS fodder I was keeping for future deifying but I got my first Draco - Blackaria.

And that's without free SSS coming tomorrow :)

Since I'll have to use rubies to buy more essences should i use SS allies as fodder to enhance her after 1 or 2 first levels ?

It costs Blackaria essence to upgrade so unless you got alot of them i would use SS. Remeber you still need essence to upgrade her skills after max.

Fast question - does 50% ally enhance discount also affect number of essences needed ?

No, "50% ally enhance discount" is only cheaper enhance. If you want to use less essence than wait for the "increased Ally Enhance rate by 50% upon enhance fail" or using higher tier fodder.

If you're enhancing a unit that requires essence than I suggest you use only "S" fodder. It usually takes like 10-12 essence/fodder to +Max a unit. If you're lucky or enhance on the buff period it might take even less that that.

vato_loco

Also do keep in mind that the 50% Ally Enhance Discount is just for enhancing, not for deifying. That will still cost 800k, but going from MAX to ULT is so much easier with 50% off.

Yesterday I finally finished my entire team. Deifyed Brightspark to Fryderyk, so now my team is:

Meteor Mage
MAX Llywelyn
MAX Blackaria
MAX Kymael
Fryderyk.

I really need to get me some more essences so I can start making him more awesome and stuff, but right now I'm just really happy I finally have a full ascended team.

Nope - AFAIK global server is split into US, Euro and Asia (non Korea) server.

Also yay from tomorrow we will have 20% discount on summons and essences and 1+1 on summon bonus.

Crzy1

Finally got Kymael to +Ult after all these SS they've been throwing at me and the ally drop event. She's definitely impressive, 95k HP, 16k attack and shields for around 30k when she's not buffed and have seen it over 50k when she has combat march and the attack buff in labs. She even improved my Hyrda score which I wasn't expecting. Haven't been messing with arena much since I made her, but it is funny to have her resurrect everyone and then get pulled right back up by Blackaria to start all over again. Salvation is also a lot more powerful than I expected it to be.

Not sure what to work towards next. I think I want to get back on track for making Ravengale, looks like I'll get enough SSS for free this month to get her created unless I come across a keeper that I can't fodder. Maybe I can luck out with the 1+1 summon event and get a couple of extras, think I'm 1 SS pull away from a free SSS right now. Also want to create Bloodwind at some point, hopefully before the Boden units release.

Any opinions on Ravengale vs Fryderyk? I'm sure Ravengale would improve my golem and hydra WB scores immensely, but I hear that Fry is meta for the next WB.

Limit

Any opinions on Ravengale vs Fryderyk? I'm sure Ravengale would improve my golem and hydra WB scores immensely, but I hear that Fry is meta for the next WB.

You will eventually be needing raven if you want to buff your wb scores. But I think making Fred right now would be more fun. He's currently wrecking havoc in gb and arena and I have heard the same thing about Fred being indispensable for the 3rd wb. I just made raven two weeks ago and kind of regret it. Of course my team needed raven for wb but for an ascended unit she's kind of crap in everything else. I could have invested my resources into making Gaela and have had a much better time with non wb related aspects of the game.

I vote for Fred.

vato_loco

Add a vote for Fry. I haven't tried Ravengale yet, but Fry kicks several amounts of ass. I've only just got him and even when he wasn't on the same level as the others and he didn't have the same gear, he'd still kick ass during arena, lab and story.

Salamande

All that said, you haven't seen regret until you've been beaten by a last-standing Izarc...

What was the free SSS we got today for? Not that I'm complaining.

You guys are so lucky I'm not Korean game designer

Before I started enhancing Blackaria I was sure I'll need
1 essence for +1
2 essences for +2
and so on ;)

Crzy1

All that said, you haven't seen regret until you've been beaten by a last-standing Izarc...

What was the free SSS we got today for? Not that I'm complaining.

SSS was just for the upcoming patch this evening.

I've had that happen before. Had him and Kymael fighting each other earlier and he managed to kill her, if not for her resurrection I would have lost that one, he's a monster if your units are powerful enough to pull a lot of attack from.

I think I'm going to go for Ravengale anyway. I don't really want to use an Incanter to deify to a regular mage. Would hold off for Magritte, but I'll probably just use Belle Snow for that deify, great unit, but she's proving less useful every week.

Question..
Most effective way to get ss/sss ally via combination and fusion?
Second..
I started yesterday morning, ATM i am a 37 Warrior with
Sss
Rar
Eirden

Ss
Unity
Lucy
Dark lance
Ger
Tiehr
Koni
Tirud

Soo..
When aiming for s to ss should i just use b as fodder? Or only a?
Should i merge a with c to obtain more s or v with c to obtain more a?

Top Bottom