• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

Question..
Most effective way to get ss/sss ally via combination and fusion?
Second..
I started yesterday morning, ATM i am a 37 Warrior with
Sss
Rar
Eirden

Ss
Unity
Lucy
Dark lance
Ger
Tiehr
Koni
Tirud

Soo..
When aiming for s to ss should i just use b as fodder? Or only a?
Should i merge a with c to obtain more s or v with c to obtain more a?

You have enough SS to finish with an entire SSS team, I don't think I would bother wasting fodder creating S. The game is usually generous enough to give out those, and you can always use rubies to summon some more.

For taking SS to max, I usually use a single A and then B's until the chances are around 20-25%, and then just use C. If I'm swimming in B's, I'd use only those. When things start getting expensive (SS+6 to SS+7, for example), I could use an S and then B's. It's very likely that someone else from here has a better technique but that one usually works for me.

Crzy1

Question..

First off, any allies you get, place them on your team and get their rapport to 100, this is going to net you 10 rubies if it's the first time you've gotten them. Afterwards they'll have a "Mastered" marker underneath them, if you have a unit that isn't mastered, it's just rubies that you could have in your pool and if you don't get them before you use them as fodder, you'll have to wait until you pull that particular unit again to get them. As you master more units you'll get other ruby bonuses as well.

To upgrade S to SS I usually just throw C units at them until they're maxed, but starting off you may not have the money to do so, so it may be better to get S units to +4 or so with C fodder and then finish them with B when the gold cost gets higher.

Can take that same strategy for SS units, just move up one tier and use B until +4 and then A until you get to +max. I wouldn't use S to upgrade SS units, however, you'll want to keep any S you get for upgrading your SSS units or turning into SS.

A and below are typically just used for fodder for me, I may do a A->S combine to get the weekly challenge done and get a free premium summon, though.

Starting off, don't combine your max SS units until you're sure that you won't be needing them anymore, a +max SS is going to be more useful than a +0 SSS unit and you might get a pull that isn't useful anyway.

Use your rubies to unlock the second and third consumable slots and fill them with resurrection scrolls, they can get your team through some tough fights. Fill your friends list with anyone who will accept your requests or requests to be your friend, you want to gain friend points to help summon allies and they'll be a major help in later dungeons, you can remove 10 a day so if there are people on the list who are inactive for days at a time, just carry them into a dungeon then remove them afterwards and invite someone else. If they're not active, they're not feeding you friend points, so drop them.

Any other rubies you have, I'd use on Ally summons during the event, some of the outfits look neat, but they're not going to give you very large bonuses and are really expensive. They're mainly there to drain you of rubies and if you're wanting to play for free, then you won't necessarily ever be able to afford them without hindering your progress into the game. You might want to unlock more inventory slots, but that's totally up to you, it will allow you to turn on auto dungeons and leave the game without having to manage inventory as often, but I didn't really start running out of space until chapter 2 when I had to start holding a ton of different essences and jewels.

The main thing is going to be patience, this game is going to give you a lot of "just one more" moments. You'll almost have that unit maxed but you just need one more summon and it's going to really make you want to buy rubies, but if you use them smartly and have a bit of patience, you'll never have to since they keep flowing in fairly frequently by completing daily/weekly quests, login bonuses, world bosses (you should at least attempt them once so you can get the bare minimum rubies awarded, 2 tix are worth a lot less than 2 rubies), labyrinth and arena. Guild battles will also get you rubies, but depending on how active the guild you're in is, that might be kind of hard to get someone to help you with, but again, one attempt will net you something.

The game isn't up, so I can't really picture all those units you've posted, but I know Rar and Eirden are DPS units so they should work well with your warrior main, just make sure you have a priest, preferably one with an AoE heal, but healer Unity will do if she's all you've got. Ranran is a decent S unit healer, if you have her, I'd max her and then use her on your team until you can get a good SS or SSS priest, I had to use her forever and she got me through all of chapter 1 and into a good chunk of chapter 2. The last spot can be used for whatever, a rogue or archer if you've got one in those SS units would probably be best.

Also make sure you are aware of GM rewards.

Use * fodder to combine A into S to get reward than use ** and * to combine S into SS - to get free summons.

vato_loco

Finished Season 2! Finally!!! Sweetest 300 rubies I've ever got. Now I can finally grind harder difficulties and get more EXP!

Also holy crap, the login bonuses are getting awesome. Essence tickets (which I hope include Dark Essences) and 2 SSS allies on the 28th. That should be more than enough to cut down on the time it takes to get some new deifies.

I've got dark essence today so yes.

And I start to feel bad for choosing Mage as my first character - farming Valmut is serious pain if I don't get priest in team.

vato_loco

Same here. I'm in the process of creating a Warrior right now because it seems that the Mage is not a good thing to have on high levels. Even though there's always a Mage really high in Arena.

Make as many as you can consume - each ruby spent on summons now is worth 20% more and if you happen to max 3x SS summon it's additional free SSS after event ends.

Beck

Third Shabelle in two weeks... why?

I need an opinion: should I deify Shabelle into Blackaria and get her up to Max, or should I Ultimate either Fryderyk or Llywelyn?

My current party:
Archer
Byron ULTIMATE (turning into Kahlen in Chapter 3)
Fryderyk MAX
Llywelyn MAX
Shabelle MAX

ChrisG683

Third Shabelle in two weeks... why?

I need an opinion: should I deify Shabelle into Blackaria and get her up to Max, or should I Ultimate either Fryderyk or Llywelyn?

My current party:
Archer
Byron ULTIMATE (turning into Kahlen in Chapter 3)
Fryderyk MAX
Llywelyn MAX
Shabelle MAX

I'm not sure how far you have progressed, but Blackaria's healing is much better than Shabelle's. Now that you have her duped, Blackaria + Shabelle call in Arena will be awesome for you.

LuuKyK

How far ahead is the korean version of the game? I was browsing that fan site/blog someone posted in this thread and that version of the game seem to have so many other things we don't have in the western version yet...

Beck

I'm not sure how far you have progressed, but Blackaria's healing is much better than Shabelle's. Now that you have her duped, Blackaria + Shabelle call in Arena will be awesome for you.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm now running a maxed out Blackaria and she's great! Hopefully my labyrinth score increases (i wanna break that 20%).

How far ahead is the korean version of the game? I was browsing that fan site/blog someone posted in this thread and that version of the game seem to have so many other things we don't have in the western version yet...

If we get the beginning of Chapter 3 next month, we'd be around 9 months behind, although we've gotten some of the smaller iterations (like raid store and auto-retry) way ahead of when we're supposed to.

Crzy1

My team is getting wrecked in Ch 2 Myth. Even got most of my main group outfitted with the Ruin set and they're still getting destroyed, Kymael popped a 50k shield on my team and they all got 1 shot by the bat things in Detached Temple 4. Guess I'll level up in Legend and then come back.

Uthred

My team is getting wrecked in Ch 2 Myth. Even got most of my main group outfitted with the Ruin set and they're still getting destroyed, Kymael popped a 50k shield on my team and they all got 1 shot by the bat things in Detached Temple 4. Guess I'll level up in Legend and then come back.

In the exact same situation, level 86 enemies in Detached Temple just melting my guys

ChrisG683

The black bats in Detached Temple do seem to have very suspect attack levels. I'm almost done with Myth and nothing was as hard as that stage. Seems too hard to be intentional.

Question about ally costumes:

For something like next 10 months at least Blackaria will be ultimate healer in game.

So is it worth to invest in limited time costume ?

1404 hp and 38 int is minor bonus but 10,6% critical rate seems rather huge

Question about ally costumes:

For something like next 10 months at least Blackaria will be ultimate healer in game.

So is it worth to invest in limited time costume ?

1404 hp and 38 int is minor bonus but 10,6% critical rate seems rather huge

It's not 10.6%, it's 10.6. 1 point of critical rate is much less than 1% of critical rate%

Blackaria is still best healer in game. Even with the buff to Awakened Mercedes in recent patches she only matches Blackaria. Draco batch recently got a huge buff in KR version and Blackaria is the only one that didn't get a buff, that's how OP she is.

As for costumes, as long as you feel you have a steady flow of rubies each week and with the constant fodder freebies, I would absolutely buy costumes.

Crzy1

It's not 10.6%, it's 10.6. 1 point of critical rate is much less than 1% of critical rate%

And the gains get continually lower the higher she levels. Not worth it unless you just have to have her look different and have some rubies to blow. It does offer stats that you can't otherwise get, but they're insubstantial.

Make as many as you can consume - each ruby spent on summons now is worth 20% more and if you happen to max 3x SS summon it's additional free SSS after event ends.
Spent close to 1800 ruby..
Ugh..
1ss, rest s and a..
Ok, worst case scenario Now i just need money, and then i'll upgrade my SS. into ssd..
still the gag ha seems terrible..

Well that's what we love about those gatcha games ;)

I've got 1 SSS for 1k rubies.

I guess I understand now why people consider incoming 80 lvl char+3xSS char bundle atractive

yamo

Is there still a 1+1 event going? And if so how do I know for sure it's going on, can't see anything about it in the game.

The problem for me is I don't have the space! 80/80 is pain in the ass and I got 7k rubies!

that too..
I mean.
given that from my understanding the efficient fusion looks something like
SS --> SSS
SS --> feed A.. fail? feed B... fail? feed B? fail? spam feed C
i've got
4 sss
10 ss
36 s
8 a
1 b
21 c

I've got too few b and too many c... so first of all, for me it's gonna be A+B+CCCCCCCCC..
but.. I've got too few leeway in terms of fusion slot, i dread to think about higher ranking ppl slitting their wrist every time they have to do gatcha pull with this little space..

Uthred

that too..
I mean.
given that from my understanding the efficient fusion looks something like
SS --> SSS
SS --> feed A.. fail? feed B... fail? feed B? fail? spam feed C
i've got
4 sss
10 ss
36 s
8 a
1 b
21 c

I've got too few b and too many c... so first of all, for me it's gonna be A+B+CCCCCCCCC..
but.. I've got too few leeway in terms of fusion slot, i dread to think about higher ranking ppl slitting their wrist every time they have to do gatcha pull with this little space..

Consider upgrading your S units by using only C's until you get back to a ratio you're more comfortable with.

Uthred

If only money in game was not an issue...

Personally I've never found gold to be an issue, I've literally not dropped below ~25million in months, on 33million or so at the moment IIRC. Using excess tickets for Lab and making sure to run WB 10 times (even though I rarely beat 10%) seems to take care of it for me

It sure is when you start - constant stream of new equip that needs to be maximised from lvl 50, allies to burn. Then millions to deify and labirynth/golem don't give that much when you score low.

It sure is when you start - constant stream of new equip that needs to be maximised from lvl 50, allies to burn. Then millions to deify and labirynth/golem don't give that much when you score low.
This..
Sigh
I've got close to 500 tis, but at the moment
Warrior 45
Healer SS. unity
Dps ss koni
Dps sss punisher
Dps sss mage eirdan

I can clear up to 25 without scrolls, but that's that..
Hopefully in 2 days, Free sss priest for new player..
I want my shabelle..
Unity is fine bu ughh..

Questions..
Since i will deify my sss at some point. Does it make sense to ease progression and make them already +6/7 as i will do it later anyway? This way they are ready for the jump (sooner or later) and they will be much stronger in dungeon..
Does it make sense to invest in tis for raid to gear allies, or should i just deck them with th strongest blue/purpose gear i drop and that's that?

The problem for me is I don't have the space! 80/80 is pain in the ass and I got 7k rubies!

Easy problem to solve. Use A and S to upgrade your SS. Normally I wouldn't do this, but with the 1+1 bonus summon going on, getting 3-4 free SSS is huge. The way I see it I spent about 5k rubies and got somewhere between 15 and 20 SSS. That's 8 or 9 through combine, pulled 1 from the gacha, got the bonus summon 4 times, then 4 from the 1+1. That's 17.

RNG is trolling me :) I've got two SS pulls when spending all remaining rubies and now I'm missing one from platinium summon ehh.

It must be trap to buy rubies for $$$ :D

Crzy1

RNG is trolling me :) I've got two SS pulls when spending all remaining rubies and now I'm missing one from platinium summon ehh.

It must be trap to buy rubies for $$$ :D

Yeah, that one always seems to take forever to finally come around. Have spent about 1500 rubies on summons and just can't pull anything better than S. Not a big issue, was able to get Ravengale made, but was hoping to get that extra SSS from getting a third SS pull. Still have the rubies from finishing Myth and defeating Ragnarok coming, but it's not looking too likely that I'll be getting the bonus this time.

And holy shit does Izarc hit hard, are his stats normalized or are they based off Ravengale's? Seems like he's way more powerful than my undergeared, underleveled, unenhanced Ravengale would suggest.

Everyone's favourite question: what to deify next ? ;) Or rather should I deify or not.

I've got

Blackaria +6 //consuming essences as soon as I farm them
Deathcrown MAX+2
Ari MAX+1
Black Dino MAX
Shabelle MAX+1
Belle Snow MAX+1
Windlune MAX
Tinuvian MAX
SSS Mage Maxed as fodder to deify

one SSS fodder

As far as essences are concerned :
15 DBW, 11 DBS, 14 DG and only 3 dark

So I'm wondering if it's better to invest next few SSS guys into making DBW (and getting him to 3 or +4 status depending on luck) or should I rather concentrate on making rest of my main team Ultimates (i'm at chapter 2 hero mode atm)

Crzy1

So I'm wondering if it's better to invest next few SSS guys into making DBW (and getting him to 3 or +4 status depending on luck) or should I rather concentrate on making rest of my main team Ultimates (i'm at chapter 2 hero mode atm)

Don't like to make too many suggestions. Just go with what you want and if you can't get the deity you want right now, just get the ally you're planning to ascend up to ult and ready to ascend when you have the resources/can afford it.

I don't have Bloodwind so I can't comment on him (he'll probably be my next deify), but I know DBS has been my best deify just because she's pretty good at everything. Llywelyn pretty much carries my team in WB. Kymael has given me a boost in pretty much everything, but not substantially, she's still a good ally even if she'll get outclassed by Drunken Falcon. I wouldn't recommend Greysoul right now, maybe after his buff, but as he stands at the moment he's not all that useful most of the time. Just got Ravengale so I can't really comment on her, either.

If you feel like your team is doing alright as they are, you can keep limit breaking until you feel like you need another deify to improve further. At least at that point you'll have plenty of options on what you are able to make.

Oh well.20 pulls later Now i have a shabelle..
I have a warrior tank sss, warrior dps sss, 2 mage sss, 2 priest sss..
Priority?
Deify One priest in draco healer or One mage in brightspark?
I'd say draco tank is a lower priority as my main is a tank build warrior.

Limit

Oh well.20 pulls later Now i have a shabelle..
I have a warrior tank sss, warrior dps sss, 2 mage sss, 2 priest sss..
Priority?
Deify One priest in draco healer or One mage in brightspark?
I'd say draco tank is a lower priority as my main is a tank build warrior.

Deify a healer into blackaria no question. She will be a top tier healer in the game for a long, long time.

Crzy1

Should that be a top prio (as in ignore all ther factory plan) or?

Since you have Shabelle, not having Blackaria probably won't affect your team for quite a while, but you're going to want her eventually as she is absolutely the best healer available that isn't a heal spec priest. I would not use Shabelle to deify into Blackaria since you have another priest, focus on enhancing that one instead even if it's weaker than Shab, her bubble and mass revive are very handy even after you have Blackaria.

Honestly, you probably shouldn't even worry about completing a deify until Chapter 2, you might want to get an ally prepped and ready to deify (+max or +ult them) and then just use them until you are prepared to handle the cost of it. Deities are going to be a step down from an SSS+Ult and probably will be until you can +Max and gear them, so you might end up weakening your team if you can't enhance them after creating them (or use the wrong ally as material for the deify).

Top Bottom