• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Since you have Shabelle, not having Blackaria probably won't affect your team for quite a while, but you're going to want her eventually as she is absolutely the best healer available that isn't a heal spec priest. I would not use Shabelle to deify into Blackaria since you have another priest, focus on enhancing that one instead even if it's weaker than Shab, her bubble and mass revive are very handy even after you have Blackaria.

Honestly, you probably shouldn't even worry about completing a deify until Chapter 2, you might want to get an ally prepped and ready to deify (+max or +ult them) and then just use them until you are prepared to handle the cost of it. Deities are going to be a step down from an SSS+Ult and probably will be until you can +Max and gear them, so you might end up weakening your team if you can't enhance them after creating them (or use the wrong ally as material for the deify).
Appreciated..
So i'll max+ult One other priest (mar i think) and do the same to eirdan (she's a staple in my team) so that i can later deify both of them..
Is it best to deify galea (war dps) or draco (quinque tank) if my main is a warrior tank?
Because i don't know as far as an ally goes in their relevant ropes if they're equal performers or one is inherently better than the other..

On a side note, is there a drop ally list?
Atm i'm FILLED with c ally (22) and s ally (23), but have few middle of the pack (0 b 2 a)..
Is there a place where i can drop A ally consistently and a similar place for B ally?
Additionally should i stack on SS ally (by fusing s Troop) or should i keep a steady supplying of s?

Appreciated..
So i'll max+ult One other priest (mar i think) and do the same to eirdan (she's a staple in my team) so that i can later deify both of them..
Is it best to deify galea (war dps) or draco (quinque tank) if my main is a warrior tank?

Dont go for deathcrown draco get Gaela or if you want another tank wait for chapter 3. It should hit in a month or two.

Crzy1

Appreciated..
Because i don't know as far as an ally goes in their relevant ropes if they're equal performers or one is inherently better than the other..

On a side note, is there a drop ally list?
Atm i'm FILLED with c ally (22) and s ally (23), but have few middle of the pack (0 b 2 a)..
Is there a place where i can drop A ally consistently and a similar place for B ally?
Additionally should i stack on SS ally (by fusing s Troop) or should i keep a steady supplying of s?

Don't know if Gaela or DDC would be a good choice. Gaela is pretty awesome for Arena and I hear she's also good in Labyrinth since she's the hardest DPS unit to kill. DDC is the best tank unit in the game currently, but Kahlen will be better when he releases, but that might be a while still. I want to make Gaela eventually, but she's a few units down on my list. She might be good for a first deify since she's basically a tank that hits hard, wouldn't have to worry about her dying all the time.

I just realized I really hate rogue allies. I made Fryderyk last night, and that gives me every single Angel and Draco in the game except Greysoul and Mikaela. I guess it's just hard to justify dumping so many resource s into an ally that literally only helps you in 1 game mode.

Sciel

The U grind is going to be painful (for those still playing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/40crsw/i_hope_they_change_this/

just lol.

I've put this game aside for now (all chars stuck at 76) . Have UltGram/Farq/Loki ready to get the bodens day1 if I choose to get back to this game though. The content just isn't interesting, it's the same stuff every patch over and over again.

I just realized I really hate rogue allies. I made Fryderyk last night, and that gives me every single Angel and Draco in the game except Greysoul and Mikaela. I guess it's just hard to justify dumping so many resource s into an ally that literally only helps you in 1 game mode.
Pretty much. In terms of utility, they are bottom of the barrel.
You could make a case for Mika in golem but even then she still isn't that impressive and the meta will change in a few weeks.

The U grind is going to be painful (for those still playing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/40crsw/i_hope_they_change_this/

just lol.

I've put this game aside for now (all chars stuck at 76) . Have UltGram/Farq/Loki ready to get the bodens day1 if I choose to get back to this game though. The content just isn't interesting, it's the same stuff every patch over and over again.

Kinda feel the same but I told myself I want to stick around for busters, so i have to stick with that.

I've got Rutar and Ur ready to deify into Kahlen and Tiger, and I should have enough SSS to ult both of them right away. So I should have 2 busters day 1.

But yea, it's getting a little boring doing the same things over and over. Don't like the weekly ruby reward system either

Limit

I am still as into this game as I was day 1. It's the hands off aspect that makes me like it so much. Let it auto grind during work and then do a little bit of gb in the evening. Plus, being in an active guild where people are as in love with everything as myself helps. Looking forward to upcoming bodens a lot.

I am still as into this game as I was day 1. It's the hands off aspect that makes me like it so much. Let it auto grind during work and then do a little bit of gb in the evening. Plus, being in an active guild where people are as in love with everything as myself helps. Looking forward to upcoming bodens a lot.
What is autogrind?

It was probably allusion to the game being spiritual successor to Progress Quest :D

Hmm looks like I wasted tons of tickets and shoes since I've just added it to my android phone and now i'm switching accounts beetween ipad at home and phone outside :)

Salamande

Couldn't get the last SS pull for the 1+1 SSS promotion before the patch. That sucks.

On the bright side, I did pull a natural SSS yesterday, so I guess it all evens out.

Picked up my SSS bonus summons today. Apparently I had 5. Thought it aws going to be 4, so.. yay. Apparently I'm lucky. I used about 4500 rubies and got the bonus summon 5 times, which I think was 13 SS since I was already at 2/3 to begin with. People in chat saying they got 1-2 SS out of like 2k rubies. Sounds hard to believe to me, seems like I pull an SS every 30 summons or so.

Picked up my SSS bonus summons today. Apparently I had 5. Thought it aws going to be 4, so.. yay. Apparently I'm lucky. I used about 4500 rubies and got the bonus summon 5 times, which I think was 13 SS since I was already at 2/3 to begin with. People in chat saying they got 1-2 SS out of like 2k rubies. Sounds hard to believe to me, seems like I pull an SS every 30 summons or so.

i used 2100 rubies and i got 3 SS so thats one SSS. I dont find it hard to belive.

Crzy1

Spent just about 2000 rubies and didn't get a single SS. Only needed one to get the bonus, but the RNG fucked me again, no surprise. Got tons of upgrade material at least.

eltonkk

Neo Member
I spent about 1,000 rubies each on two different accounts.

1's lvl 80 mage, got 2 ss (enough for the SSS bonus), but couldn't pull another ss after that, so gave up.

The other 1's lvl 80 rouge, got 1 ss and 1 sss (couldn't get another ss to get the SSS bonus), so also gave up.

ChrisG683

Spent about 3k rubies and got the SSS bonus twice.

Had a bad week for rankings, squandered a lot of rubies. 6% in Golem, 10% in Labyrinth (forgot to do a non-auto run oops), 6% in Hydra, and now 6% in Arena (thought my >3% was safe).

Managed to pump out a +7 Ravengale and ULT'd my Bloodwind though during that 1+1 event, bumped my Golem score by 1mil, so hopefully I should be back in the Top 5%. Also just got to Floor 80 in the Labyrinth, so back in the Top 5% for that too, don't think I'll make the Top 1%. Hopefully Raven/ULT Bloodwind pulls up my score enough to get back Top 5% for Hydra.

What kind of skill cards should be equipped for allies?

For Blackaria - attack speed ?
For tanks - Stamina cards ?
For dps - boss damage if they are for WB or main attribute for universal setup ?

What kind of skill cards should be equipped for allies?

For Blackaria - attack speed ?
For tanks - Stamina cards ?
For dps - boss damage if they are for WB or main attribute for universal setup ?

sounds about right, except for dps you use boss damage for WB and Base Atk for everything else.

Probably no - and there's U cards coming in next patch so we will be putting new ones soon :)

Hmm I've got dilemma

I already have 2 archers - Windlune +MAX (to be converted in DBW asap) and Tinuvian +MAX (to be converted into LLY later) and now I've got Ur.

Should I keep him strictly for Golem or for now melt him since I need to get my whole team to +ULT status.

Limit

Probably no - and there's U cards coming in next patch so we will be putting new ones soon :)

Hmm I've got dilemma

I already have 2 archers - Windlune +MAX (to be converted in DBW asap) and Tinuvian +MAX (to be converted into LLY later) and now I've got Ur.

Should I keep him strictly for Golem or for now melt him since I need to get my whole team to +ULT status.

Unless you have an equal or better helper lined up to replace Ur, I would suggest keeping him in the deck for now. Though the urge to make your ascended guys ulti asap is hard to resist. Coming from experience, of course.

Ventara

I've begun to get back into the game, but the grind for equipment is seriously making me reconsider. Gotta grind Legend Ragnarok to be able to auto-grind myself to 80. Then gotta grind Myth Ragnarok to be able to do Deus Ragnarok, which I once can do need to grind to get U gear.

I've begun to get back into the game, but the grind for equipment is seriously making me reconsider. Gotta grind Legend Ragnarok to be able to auto-grind myself to 80. Then gotta grind Myth Ragnarok to be able to do Deus Ragnarok, which I once can do need to grind to get U gear.

Aside from Dark Legion Quarters most of the areas are pretty easy. And even with amazing gear DLQ is still hard. If at all possible skip legend rag.

Rumor is that the smart packages will contain Deus Rag tickets on Tuesday, if IAP is your thing (can't remember). Will save some Myth Rag grinding.

uff...
got 3 sss with +max..
would like to ult at least one of them, but using only sss is a biiiit steep..
is there a process dunno something like standard?
e.g.
combine ss --> sss
combine s-->ss

because i'm finding myself in a shortage of "a" and like 5-7 b usually, so i really can't understand how is sustainable to "throw" a few sss to get the draco/angel (or boden later).. :X

additionally rubies should be kept for 1+1 event correct? hovering around 1k rubies again :X

We will also get 3 SSS for free on 20-21.01 from login bonuses

I'm farming 990 rubies to keep for chapter 3.

They will introduce special one time pack that gives lvl 80 character and 3 SSS allies (and we can then farm most of them back from raids with that char)

We will also get 3 SSS for free on 20-21.01 from login bonuses

I'm farming 990 rubies to keep for chapter 3.

They will introduce special one time pack that gives lvl 80 character and 3 SSS allies (and we can then farm most of them back from raids with that char)

the three free sss are completely random? or we can at least choose the class?
because i currently have..
1 warrior dps sss
1 caster sss
2 healer sss
3 warropr tank sss

i mean.. archer or rogue sss would be welcome at this point :/

one time pack? mmm.. price?

I'm maining my warrior (56), plus archer (45)...
should i use the package for a 80 paladin?
i reckon that by having a max level chara i should be able to plow through all content, raise the level of allies and then use the allies to plevel the chars (like i did now.. lvl to 55 warrior and then 1--> 50 archer with 55 allies)..
choices choicess

Also with update on Tuesday they will give atk buff for all ch2 areas, should help for clearing dungeons

Also with update on Tuesday they will give atk buff for all ch2 areas, should help for clearing dungeons

ragnarok gear is from chapter 2?
or?
because i finished pretty much all content on chapter 1 on myth (have to complete 1 dungeon of obisdian mountains and then crown's landing) and i don't remember ever seeing anyd drop from raid called "ragnarok" something :X

ragnarok gear is from chapter 2?
or?
because i finished pretty much all content on chapter 1 on myth (have to complete 1 dungeon of obisdian mountains and then crown's landing) and i don't remember ever seeing anyd drop from raid called "ragnarok" something :X

Yes Ragnarok in ch2 is like Deathcrown in ch1. The final raid

Yes Ragnarok in ch2 is like Deathcrown in ch1. The final raid
i see..
cpp just a question..
is it normal that my 56 team cannot seem to be able to beat byron? without using scrolls.. I'm making a point of gauging the "feasibility" of a stage if it requires me to use scrolls or not.. i usually die with 10-15k left on byron

sss eirdan maxed
sss shabelle // ss captain aturasq (ogre tank :X)
sss sorceror mar maxed
sss punisher rar

all this char are fully decked in non upgraded 50-54 ss gear..

should i upgrade? because at the moment i'm trying to grind and get over this point, but doesn't seems to me that this should be the strategy..

From what I remember I steamrolled Byron.

From memory you need full lvl 55 myth set from raids for main char and key allies to go through early ch2 comfortably.

But it might also be a problem with quality of SSS you are using now - outside of Shabelle they aren't that great.

3 SSS will be summon tickets so completely random

i see..
cpp just a question..
is it normal that my 56 team cannot seem to be able to beat byron? without using scrolls.. I'm making a point of gauging the "feasibility" of a stage if it requires me to use scrolls or not.. i usually die with 10-15k left on byron

sss eirdan maxed
sss shabelle // ss captain aturasq (ogre tank :X)
sss sorceror mar maxed
sss punisher rar

all this char are fully decked in non upgraded 50-54 ss gear..

should i upgrade? because at the moment i'm trying to grind and get over this point, but doesn't seems to me that this should be the strategy..

Add someone on gaf and use them as helper. You can add me, Cauchy lv 80 warrior or priest, 76 rogue

Ventara

Aside from Dark Legion Quarters most of the areas are pretty easy. And even with amazing gear DLQ is still hard. If at all possible skip legend rag.

Rumor is that the smart packages will contain Deus Rag tickets on Tuesday, if IAP is your thing (can't remember). Will save some Myth Rag grinding.

Yeah, I'm only gonna do Legend Rag until I can hear enough to auto-level. Not gonna bother for good/full gear. I'm actually thinking of skipping Deus Rag. Not sure it's worth my time since I'm not really competitive anymore. I'm still f2p.

I'm not sure I see any problem with leveling or need for special gear?

3d exp booster + 70% bonus exp on weekend + 88% from maxed first formation and that's 258% bonus before items then it's easy to farm even on ch2 normal or hero. I was getting 3+ milions for each run in Forsaken Monaster 9 on hero.

Witchedwiz what's your ingame name I'll send you invite.

Ventara

I'm not sure I see any problem with leveling or need for special gear?

3d exp booster + 70% bonus exp on weekend + 88% from maxed first formation and that's 258% bonus before items then it's easy to farm even on ch2 normal or hero. I was getting 3+ milions for each run in Forsaken Monaster 9 on hero.

Witchedwiz what's your ingame name I'll send you invite.

I like to farm one of the bosses that drop a Dark Essence, and I'm still running level 70 gear. The amount of experience is good, but I can't auto it 100%. I don't have the patience to level my character from 76-80 myself. So I pretty much need to farm Legend Rag if I want to be able to auto-level.

arevin01

Closest I got to beating lab 80 is with only Ari and Tiel left standing, and they have their shields on. Even when I make it there with 3 scrolls up and DBA with inv up, my entire team sometimes still gets 1 shot. Not gonna waste anymore tix trying to beat it until I get Khalen.

Yeah, I'm only gonna do Legend Rag until I can hear enough to auto-level. Not gonna bother for good/full gear. I'm actually thinking of skipping Deus Rag. Not sure it's worth my time since I'm not really competitive anymore. I'm still f2p.

Deus Rag is the best gear for 3+ months from what I understand, even better than ch3 raids

If it's around that long, then I guess it's worth it. I had the impression it would be outclassed by ch3 stuff which I figured was coming next month.

That's what people say about the KR version but yea it's always possible that it's not true in Global version. I'm expecting people to be farming Deus Rag for a couple months though

vato_loco

Who should I ULT first, Blackaria or Kymael? Blackaria would keep the team going for longer but Kymael would most certainly die last and revive everyone else and then Blackaria could revive her.

I like to farm one of the bosses that drop a Dark Essence, and I'm still running level 70 gear. The amount of experience is good, but I can't auto it 100%. I don't have the patience to level my character from 76-80 myself. So I pretty much need to farm Legend Rag if I want to be able to auto-level.

I usually do Thorny Downs 9, as it's pretty easy. You could try that if you can make it that far. I honestly don't think you will need to farm Legend Rag, I think you can do it in level 70 gear, but it's up to you I guess. There's always a possibility I'm wrong, but if you put on Noble Chivalry with Kymael+Farrah+Blackaria (assuming you have all of them) I don't see how you could wipe).

Beck

With the 50% off enhance cost, I need a suggestion on who to Ultimate (if at all): Llywelyn, Fryderyk or Blackaria.

I'll be using Blackaria when the Bodens arrive, but I don't know if she's more useful at Ultimate over the other two. Llywelyn and Fryderyk, it'd determine who stays with me in the first wave as I'll be running primarily Archer/Paladin, Blackaria, Kahlen, Hawk and one more DPS. When the second wave comes (provided they stick with the original Korean schedule) I'm probably switching that DPS with Magritte.

Fryderyk and Blackaria have served me well in Guild Battles, but Llywelyn is faster and does more damage in most of the other modes. What does everyone think? I could always tough it out and potentially Ultimate Hawk right away, although that would require a lot of patience on my part.

With the 50% off enhance cost, I need a suggestion on who to Ultimate (if at all): Llywelyn, Fryderyk or Blackaria.

I'll be using Blackaria when the Bodens arrive, but I don't know if she's more useful at Ultimate over the other two. Llywelyn and Fryderyk, it'd determine who stays with me in the first wave as I'll be running primarily Archer/Paladin, Blackaria, Kahlen, Hawk and one more DPS. When the second wave comes (provided they stick with the original Korean schedule) I'm probably switching that DPS with Magritte.

Fryderyk and Blackaria have served me well in Guild Battles, but Llywelyn is faster and does more damage in most of the other modes. What does everyone think? I could always tough it out and potentially Ultimate Hawk right away, although that would require a lot of patience on my part.

Whichever one you go for, just be aware that you will still be able to do another one when Bodens hit. We're going to get at least 5 additional SSS just in free summons alone before bodens hit. Are all of them at +MAX right now, or do you have any of them at MAX+n?

Beck

Whichever one you go for, just be aware that you will still be able to do another one when Bodens hit. We're going to get at least 5 additional SSS just in free summons alone before bodens hit. Are all of them at +MAX right now, or do you have any of them at MAX+n?

Yeah, I anticipate I get around 6 SSS a month minimum based on the logins, occasional GM gifts and at least 2 combines, although this month was much higher thanks to the summon discount. I have 19 SSS right now (not including deities), 9 to 11 I've set as fodder.

But yes, all are standard MAX right now. I don't have any Blackaria Essence but plenty of Dark.

Edit: Looking it over and over again, I think i'm gonna go with Fryderyk. It'll probably help more in Labyrinth with his AOE attacks. Now the question is, what skills do I enhance?

Top Bottom