• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yeah, I anticipate I get around 6 SSS a month minimum based on the logins, occasional GM gifts and at least 2 combines, although this month was much higher thanks to the summon discount. I have 19 SSS right now (not including deities), 9 to 11 I've set as fodder.

But yes, all are standard MAX right now. I don't have any Blackaria Essence but plenty of Dark.

Edit: Looking it over and over again, I think i'm gonna go with Fryderyk. It'll probably help more in Labyrinth with his AOE attacks. Now the question is, what skills do I enhance?

I wouldn't bother enhancing skills IMO. Save the essences (not to mention the gold) for ULT'ing another unit. The damage increase from enhancing skills is very small, so only do it when you've got nothing else to spend on.

Hmm is it possible to finish legend ch2 with lvl 70 rag gear ?

I'm trying to skip some farming since every ticket spent now is wasted when not farming on myth difficulty.

Uthred

Honestly tempted to buy the dragon pet that gives auto raid, need a ton of 80 Rag gear and its boring doing it manually

Hmm is it possible to finish legend ch2 with lvl 70 rag gear ?

I'm trying to skip some farming since every ticket spent now is wasted when not farming on myth difficulty.

Took a bit of spamming revive scrolls on some levels but I finished Ch2 Myth on my Warrior with lvl 70 Ragnarok Gear.

Limit

Who should I ULT first, Blackaria or Kymael? Blackaria would keep the team going for longer but Kymael would most certainly die last and revive everyone else and then Blackaria could revive her.

Kymael.

Yeah, I anticipate I get around 6 SSS a month minimum based on the logins, occasional GM gifts and at least 2 combines, although this month was much higher thanks to the summon discount. I have 19 SSS right now (not including deities), 9 to 11 I've set as fodder.

But yes, all are standard MAX right now. I don't have any Blackaria Essence but plenty of Dark.

Edit: Looking it over and over again, I think i'm gonna go with Fryderyk. It'll probably help more in Labyrinth with his AOE attacks. Now the question is, what skills do I enhance?

And I thought I had a lot with 13 extra SSS fodder sitting around. Must be a pain in the butt managing character space. I have wiggle room of 9 slots that aren't S and above characters. That's it. And if Bodens don't drop early next month I will end up having to create another ascended only so that I can have extra space.

Beck

I wouldn't bother enhancing skills IMO. Save the essences (not to mention the gold) for ULT'ing another unit. The damage increase from enhancing skills is very small, so only do it when you've got nothing else to spend on.

I didn't realize they took up essence. That and the high gold requirement I think i'll do what you said and avoid it for now.

And I thought I had a lot with 13 extra SSS fodder sitting around. Must be a pain in the butt managing character space. I have wiggle room of 9 slots that aren't S and above characters. That's it. And if Bodens don't drop early next month I will end up having to create another ascended only so that I can have extra space.

Tell me about it. And the way they give out SS characters isn't helping as I think I have around 40 standing by. I'll probably have to do what you do if the first batch of Bodens don't drop next month and deify someone.

Kymael.

Yea I've got 10 deities, 15 non-deity SSS and 15 SS, it's freaking annoying. And I just took Ravengale to ULT yesterday so before that I had 20 SSS. I don't want to level any of my SSS because they're all fodder, and I don't feel like ULT'ing any my deities because of the gold requirement and I want to save for Bodens. But I'm running out of space, lol.

I'm not sure I see any problem with leveling or need for special gear?

3d exp booster + 70% bonus exp on weekend + 88% from maxed first formation and that's 258% bonus before items then it's easy to farm even on ch2 normal or hero. I was getting 3+ milions for each run in Forsaken Monaster 9 on hero.

Witchedwiz what's your ingame name I'll send you invite.
Character name
Richdeux
Ty

wapplew

Yea I've got 10 deities, 15 non-deity SSS and 15 SS, it's freaking annoying. And I just took Ravengale to ULT yesterday so before that I had 20 SSS. I don't want to level any of my SSS because they're all fodder, and I don't feel like ULT'ing any my deities because of the gold requirement and I want to save for Bodens. But I'm running out of space, lol.

7 deify and 36 SSS with 6 more SSS in the mail, talk about not enough space...
Season 3 can't come soon enough.

vato_loco

You lucky bastards. After making Fryd and ULTing Kymael, I've got exactly ONE SSS fodder and ZERO SS fodder. I am swimming in S and A and mostly B's, though. But if Bodens came tomorrow, I'd be shit out of luck.

Also who's the best Boden in the korean server? I know people were anxiously expecting Kymael because she was the stuff of legends, but I haven't heard you guys talk about any Boden.

Ventara

You lucky bastards. After making Fryd and ULTing Kymael, I've got exactly ONE SSS fodder and ZERO SS fodder. I am swimming in S and A and mostly B's, though. But if Bodens came tomorrow, I'd be shit out of luck.

Also who's the best Boden in the korean server? I know people were anxiously expecting Kymael because she was the stuff of legends, but I haven't heard you guys talk about any Boden.

Falcon seems like he's the best, since he ranks high in pretty much every tier list for everything. But he's in the second batch of Bodens, so it'll still be a while before we get him.

vato_loco

Falcon seems like he's the best, since he ranks high in pretty much every tier list for everything. But he's in the second batch of Bodens, so it'll still be a while before we get him.
So it would seem. Livy even mentions that between Kymael and him, always go for him. But his ability list doesn't seem all that impressive, really.

- 10% DMG to enemy every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. So, 50% DMG to an enemy, and with a massive 32 second cooldown.
- 690% DMG to all enemies, which is pretty much below what any DPS worth its salt does. Whomever dies from this cannot revive, so that should help in Arena.
- All allies invulnerable for... 8 seconds? Really?
- (Passive) Reduces damage to HIM only for 20% every time he gets hit. Stackable 3 times.
- (Passive) Increases party's ATK 100% when hit, which is amazing but the only thing that is amazing.

Compare with Kahlen:

- Deals 891% DMG to all enemies and even has a chance to reduce ATK SPD by 91% for... 8 seconds again. Still better than Falcon's 690%.
- Shields all party members. If they're attacked (which of course they will, what the hell), the attacking enemy gets stunned for 19 seconds.
- Provokes the enemy for 16 seconds. During this time, he cannot die, and when the 16 seconds are over, he recovers 90% of his HP. This sounds massively OP.
- (Passive) If he receives damage over 10% of his HP (which would be most of the time, I presume), he only takes 50% of that damage and reflects the other 50% to the enemy.
- (Passive) Reduces DEF Penetration to 50%. Not sure if awesome or crap.

On paper at least, Kahlen is so good it's scary. And Falcon is... somewhat B tier SSS.

EDIT:

- Archer Tigger has a 1944% damage,
- Priest Randy has a 1260% damage AoE which also recovers allies' HP,
- Mage Liz turns the enemy team into foxes and reduces their armor by 80%,
- Rogue Shadow Hawk has a... get this... 1146% damge to a target and 2192% to another target right after,
- Warrior Howl has a certain death skill. As in, it selects a target, and 5 seconds later that target is 100% dead,
- Archer Paula Tracy deals 1623% to a target and 982% to the rest of the enemy team,
- Incanter Magritte can summon any deified ally, takes less damage when summoned, adapts her strengths to the summoned ally (meaning it changes her INT to DEX if she summons, say, Llywelyn), and has AoE damage when the summon ends. That's just... I can't even...

So they all have at least one massively awesome skill, worthy of the Boden title. In paper, Magritte and Kahlen are no-brainers.

So it would seem. Livy even mentions that between Kymael and him, always go for him. But his ability list doesn't seem all that impressive, really.

- 10% DMG to enemy every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. So, 50% DMG to an enemy, and with a massive 32 second cooldown.
- 690% DMG to all enemies, which is pretty much below what any DPS worth its salt does. Whomever dies from this cannot revive, so that should help in Arena.
- (Passive) Reduces damage to HIM only for 20% every time he gets hit. Stackable 3 times.
- (Passive) Increases party's ATK 100% when hit, which is amazing but the only thing that is amazing.

Compare with Kahlen:

- Deals 891% DMG to all enemies and even has a chance to reduce ATK SPD by 91% for... 8 seconds again. Still better than Falcon's 690%.
- Shields all party members. If they're attacked (which of course they will, what the hell), the attacking enemy gets stunned for 19 seconds.
- Provokes the enemy for 16 seconds. During this time, he cannot die, and when the 16 seconds are over, he recovers 90% of his HP. This sounds massively OP.
- (Passive) If he receives damage over 10% of his HP (which would be most of the time, I presume), he only takes 50% of that damage and reflects the other 50% to the enemy.

On paper at least, Kahlen is so good it's scary. And Falcon is... somewhat B tier SSS.

EDIT:

- Rogue Shadow Hawk has a... get this... 1146% damge to a target and 2192% to another target right after,
- Warrior Howl has a certain death skill. As in, it selects a target, and 5 seconds later that target is 100% dead,
- Archer Paula Tracy deals 1623% to a target and 982% to the rest of the enemy team,
- Incanter Magritte can summon any deified ally, takes less damage when summoned, adapts her strengths to the summoned ally (meaning it changes her INT to DEX if she summons, say, Llywelyn), and has AoE damage when the summon ends. That's just... I can't even...

So they all have at least one massively awesome skill, worthy of the Boden title. In paper, Magritte and Kahlen are no-brainers.
weeeeelll..
from my understanding he's useful because in high labyrinth if you use "ress scroll" you're easily screwed as you rez with low life..
kahlen has a huge survivability, so if you time invincibility availability with ress scroll, you can easily get all your party up and running and get 1/2 heal all cast from your healer to get everybody to a reasonable life..
at least i think so..

Limit

Compare with Kahlen:

EDIT:

That allies shield is so good. Blackaria has to die in order for her to pop hers. He has that same shield as an active skill with a cooldown of 24 seconds. The game will be shifting to more survival orientation because of everyone now becoming full armor equip-able in chapter 3. So his survival enhancing skills will be sorely needed.

Ventara

Compare with Kahlen:

EDIT:

Kahlen is probably the best tank there is, so you can't go wrong there. Would definitely help in labyrinth. Outside of lab, Falcon has him beat. You are massively underestimating Falcon. The enemy that receives that 50% damage is sealed, which means the opponent is down one ally for 10 seconds, which is a HUGE advantage. I don't even know how you don't realize how important an 8 sec team invulnerability is. Have you been playing this game?

vato_loco

I absolutely understand the importance of 8 seconds of invulnerability, being a Blackaria user for quite a while, but I also know that it's not the end all of skills. I also know that having him using it without dying like Aria is awesome but it still doesn't feel like he's all that.

Once again, I mean all this in paper. I haven't seen a single video of him in action on the Korean server so it's likely that his strength lies elsewhere. The other Bodens' strength are more apparent than his.

Salamande

Also keep in mind that the stats you're seeing are for the recently-upgraded Bodens on the Korean server. The stats we get will be about half of what they have now.

Limit

So how many Myth Ragnarok essences are you guys rocking? I farmed up about 1,600 but I heard of some people having 2,000+.

350. Were you hoarding tickets and just cashed them out this past week or did you end up using rubies? Between getting a basic set for my main, keeping up with gb and arena, this is the best I could do.

Kahlen - best pure tank in the game. (his regular atk also taunts enemy's)

Falcon - meta-tier paladin.

Hawk - arena god, regular atk steals buff and will be best rogue in global for months. (he only gets topped by Awakened Fulson)

Liz - Good, her control and transform skill can be annoying in arena

Tigger - Great party support passives and her regular atk doesn't miss.

Magritte - Meta-tier summoner, can summon random deified allys to battle.

Howl - arena god.

Randy - DPS Healer

Paula Tracy - no comment

Almost every Boden are worth making. It's just up to you to think what your team is lacking.

Miragith

I have about 1400 essences saved up. But I only have an 80 priest and definitely upset there is no CD reduction being included to the U items.

Zero at the moment, should we have been hoarding them?

Yea. As soon as the patch goes live tonight, I can cash them in for 160 Deus Ragnarok tickets. With a 1/6 drop rate on U items and SSS items, that's close to 27 U and SSS items each from Deus Rag drops alone, and an additional 8 U from the raid shop. So basically I can get about 35 U items and 27 Deus Ragnarok SSS right off the bat.

Ventara

Yea. As soon as the patch goes live tonight, I can cash them in for 160 Deus Ragnarok tickets. With a 1/6 drop rate on U items and SSS items, that's close to 27 U and SSS items each from Deus Rag drops alone, and an additional 8 U from the raid shop. So basically I can get about 35 U items and 27 Deus Ragnarok SSS right off the bat.

Is it 1/6? I thought every round was guaranteed 2U, 2SSS and 2SS? Though that's what I saw from the Korean version. I haven't really been following patch notes lately.

wapplew

This is why Falcon is meta for everything. Mag priest ulti only give 54% attack buff for 14 seconds, imagine 100% attack buff all the time.

That plus 8 second full party invulnerable, what more do you want?

wapplew

Most of the U gear I got so far kinda sucks, only got 2 good pieces out of like 6 so far :( Expensive as *hell* to upgrade too, especially if you try using SS

I got one like almost perfect dagger with cri cri dmg def pen and attack speed bonus.
Deus rag is a joke btw.

I got one like almost perfect dagger with cri cri dmg def pen and attack speed bonus.
Deus rag is a joke btw.

How do you get Atk Speed on a dagger? You mean the additional effect?

I got an insane bow with 688-1551 Base Atk, 600 Weapon Max Atk, 88 Crit Dmg, 31.5 Crit Rate, and 321 Weapon Atk. If it had Def Pen it would be perfect, but it's part of the 2 piece weapon set for archer so if I get the other piece I'll get the Def Pen for free.

Uthred

Nice. Been slacking on DB, clearly to my detriment ;)

vato_loco

This is why Falcon is meta for everything. Mag priest ulti only give 54% attack buff for 14 seconds, imagine 100% attack buff all the time.

That plus 8 second full party invulnerable, what more do you want?

Come to think of it, it doesn't establish a time limit to that buff. Is it really all the time? Because that would be insane.

Almost every Boden are worth making. It's just up to you to think what your team is lacking.
Mine lacks survibability, really. They have very few HP except for Kymael, who is about 90k. The others are south of 30k. I can't seem to get any worthy gems...

So i got a U rank Pain Allevation skill card. Decrease recived damage by 17% is this worth using on my tank or should i go for something else like STA?

So i got a U rank Pain Allevation skill card. Decrease recived damage by 17% is this worth using on my tank or should i go for something else like STA?

I have the SSS version of that one on Kymael. You might try putting it on him.

I got a U base atk card. Was hoping for boss dmg or varying dmg but can't complain

wapplew

So, how everyone gearing your ally?

U gear, weapon activate effect is cool and all and Dark 2 pieces set bonus is very good!
I've tested, its 94% cri damage vs 34 attack (dark set vs U set).

Don't know which option is better.

Ventara

It's a good thing Myth/Deus Ragnarok is so easy. Would've been impossible to farm with lv70 gear otherwise. Actually thinkign of buying the Raid pet dragon since I need to farm a ton of tickets for Deus Ragnarok.

Edit: The Raid pet dragon is totally worth it. Don't have to sit in front of the game for 600 runs myself.

managed to get 11.5 million on Golem. Not sure if it will be enough for Top 50 this week, I was about 42 last time I looked with 2 hours to go. Hopefully it gets me 1% though.

Upgrading the gear really made a big difference.

vato_loco

I'm suddenly massively compelled to hurry the hell up and finish Chapter 2 in Myth. I've been stuck in Hero for a while but I leveled up a couple of times and I've been putting lvl 70 Rag gear on my team, so my chances should have definitely improved.

2 weeks to Chapter 3! There's no way I'll have enough to create a nice Boden at this rate!

2 weeks to Chapter 3! There's no way I'll have enough to create a nice Boden at this rate!
I know i won't..
I have only 4 "crap" sss for fusion.. rest is stuff that i use (and will be transformed in the relevant deity) or that is good (e.g. shabelle).. too few sss fodder to even +ult one single sss...

I hoped it would be a month. Now it's rush against the clock to get to at least tiny bit of U gear before Ch3 hits.

At least we are going to get another free SSS :D

And I finally hit 1M points on Golem so that's another steady supply of gems.

Top Bottom