• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

eltonkk

Neo Member
Given how long and expensive it is to buy a U Deus Ragnarok gear from the raid shop (400 Ragnarok raids and 800 tickets), are you guys still aiming for the right stats for every piece of gear before doing the expensive upgrade to +Max?

Or do you guys put on the gears even if they're not the right stats?

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Is a non-ideal stats (e.g. not INT, Critical Rate, Critical Damage Orb) full Deus Ragnarok set better than a correct stats Ragnarok set?

Given how long and expensive it is to buy a U Deus Ragnarok gear from the raid shop (400 Ragnarok raids and 800 tickets), are you guys still aiming for the right stats for every piece of gear before doing the expensive upgrade to +Max?

Or do you guys put on the gears even if they're not the right stats?

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Is a non-ideal stats (e.g. not INT, Critical Rate, Critical Damage Orb) full Deus Ragnarok set better than a correct stats Ragnarok set?

Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Def. Penetration -> it's always better than a Rag piece.

Crit Rate, Crit Damage -> it's probably better than your rag piece, and if the added effect doesn't suck (like if it's normal attack reduces the enemy's def penetration it's shit, but if it's normal attack increases your ATK Speed it's great) it definitely is better.

Crit Damage, Def. Penetration -> it's better than your rag piece if the added effect doesn't suck AND it doesn't put you below about 45% Crit Rate.

Anything else - it's trash

Ventara

Hey guys, since the drops for Deus Rag is always 2-2-2 for U, SSS and SS, is there any point in waiting for the 50% raid item drop bonus? Maybe for the chest you can buy for rubies?

Hey guys, since the drops for Deus Rag is always 2-2-2 for U, SSS and SS, is there any point in waiting for the 50% raid item drop bonus? Maybe for the chest you can buy for rubies?

There are 6 ruby chests, 1 for each drop slot. You get exactly what was in the slot corresponding to the one you bought. So no difference with raid buff

Ventara

There are 6 ruby chests, 1 for each drop slot. You get exactly what was in the slot corresponding to the one you bought. So no difference with raid buff

Oh, so the chests has the exact same rank as the item you get? Didn't know that. I was thinking of buying them if they were cheap, but at 20 rubies (16 with the pet), I think it's better to just farm tickets on myth Rag.

Oh, so the chests has the exact same rank as the item you get? Didn't know that. I was thinking of buying them if they were cheap, but at 20 rubies (16 with the pet), I think it's better to just farm tickets on myth Rag.

Not just the same rank, it's literally the same item (with different stat rolls of course).

It's not the same as the item you get necessarily, just the same as what rolled in that slot. If you manually choose the item slot and also choose the corresponding ruby box you'll always get 2 of the same item.

Eg if you choose item 1 and ruby box 1, you'll get 2 of whatever item 1 was

Ventara

Not just the same rank, it's literally the same item (with different stat rolls of course).

It's not the same as the item you get necessarily, just the same as what rolled in that slot. If you manually choose the item slot and also choose the corresponding ruby box you'll always get 2 of the same item.

Eg if you choose item 1 and ruby box 1, you'll get 2 of whatever item 1 was

Oh, I see! Side question; is it possible to buy all 6 boxes?

Ventara

Well, did 30 runs. Got 12 U, 9 SSS and 8 SS. I know that's 29; I got disconnected from one run and I guess I didn't get the item? I still got the badge, though.

Anyways, looking through the U gear, they have pretty good stats. I guess the useless stats like add holy/fir/whatever damage are gone from these? I still see All Resist and Add Boss Damage, but whatever. If most of the bad stats are gone from U gear, then it's definitely better to farm these U gear rather than the SSS gear from Myth Rag.

Edit: Man, I'm really running out of room for equipment. thinking of just salvaging all SS equips. Anyone using SS stuff to enhance equipment, or is it just SSS items now?

Well, did 30 runs. Got 12 U, 9 SSS and 8 SS. I know that's 29; I got disconnected from one run and I guess I didn't get the item? I still got the badge, though.

Anyways, looking through the U gear, they have pretty good stats. I guess the useless stats like add holy/fir/whatever damage are gone from these? I still see All Resist and Add Boss Damage, but whatever. If most of the bad stats are gone from U gear, then it's definitely better to farm these U gear rather than the SSS gear from Myth Rag.

Edit: Man, I'm really running out of room for equipment. thinking of just salvaging all SS equips. Anyone using SS stuff to enhance equipment, or is it just SSS items now?

Yea I was having major storage problems. I did salvage a bunch of SS gear as well. You get more than enough SSS to upgrade your U items.

Asia Hydra top 1 score is ridiculous, 85m? That's almost 2 times my score!
There must be some secret I don't know.

Same thing with Golem for me. I got 11 million last night. I have Priest, Llywelyn, DBW, Raven, DBS with Archer Ur helper. All using 1 U with strong bonus like Atk Speed, Reduce Def, and 2 piece Dark set. How is it possible someone is doing literally 2x as much damage as me? It doesn't make any sense, lol.

Only thing I can think of is someone found a way to stay alive after Golem rage so they can fight longer, because sure as hell they can't be doing 2x as much damage per second as me.

vato_loco

I can't even reach 1M in Golem...

Team is Mage, Kymael ULT, Blackaria MAX+2, Llywelyn MAX, Fryd MAX and Shabelle as helper. Most of my main team have lvl. 70 SSS gear.

What the hell am I doing wrong. I'm guessing switch Mage with Warrior or Priest?

Whizkid7

Team is Mage, Kymael ULT, Blackaria MAX+2, Llywelyn MAX, Fryd MAX and Shabelle as helper. Most of my main team have lvl. 70 SSS gear.

What the hell am I doing wrong. I'm guessing switch Mage with Warrior or Priest?

I can break 1M with my team of Warrior Main, Blackaria MAX, Llywelyn ULT, Bloodwind ULT and Pelas MAX, but I'm also using the archer formation, and that really adds a significant amount. Should also note that I was breaking 1M (though barely) when Lly and Blood were only just MAX, so formation plays a pretty big role in this one.

vato_loco

I can break 1M with my team of Warrior Main, Blackaria MAX, Llywelyn ULT, Bloodwind ULT and Pelas MAX, but I'm also using the archer formation, and that really adds a significant amount. Should also note that I was breaking 1M (though barely) when Lly and Blood were only just MAX, so formation plays a pretty big role in this one.

Never even tried any other formation than the default one, I had no idea it made such a difference. May have to buy a couple of them, then!

Whizkid7

Never even tried any other formation than the default one, I had no idea it made such a difference. May have to buy a couple of them, then!

First make sure you have the character types necessary for the formation, though - the archer formation requires two archers and a third DPS to be useable, for example. You should definitely get Noble Chivalry too if you have the necessary pieces for it, since that's a great Lab formation.

arevin01

I finally broke the lab 80 barrier. Surprisingly only took 3 tries after the reset. I guess all the U gear and special effects helped. Below is the list of effects I had in use for the lab.

Warrior
-Decrease enemy def
-creates shield deflects dmg

DBA
-inc atk speed
-dec enemy atk
-creates shield for self

Gaela
-dec enem crit rate
-inflict DOT

Kymael
-dec enem def
-inc atk spd

Party setup
ZQtywYI.png

You have great characters for Incredible concentration.

Mage+Fryd on mage slots Lly on dps slot , Blackaria as Priest and Kymael as Warrior.

And don't bother using healer as support put more dps there - Golem kils only when raging and at that point it's too late for resurrecting. Experiment with timing I summon mine when his time would end 10-15 seconds before golem raging kills me.

eltonkk

Neo Member
Need some advice for my 2nd account please.

Main Lvl 80 Rogue

Ravengale +Ult
Llywelyn +Ult
Bloodwind +Ult

Blackaria +Max
Draco Deathcrown +Max
Draco Greysoul +Max

Have 5 SSS fodder atm, who should I ultimate, or am I better of making another Angel or wait for Boden?

Ventara

So I just finished doing the bulk the equipment farming on Deus Ragnarok. Did 120 (successful; dude's a joke) runs. Here's what I got.

41 U
36 SSS
43 SS

Pretty decent split, I'd say. However, the I wasn't so lucky with the actual U drops.

2 Gloves
1 Chest
6 Orbs
2 Quivers
2 Shields
5 Daggers
4 Staves
4 Bows
14 Longswords

Not a single headpiece or shoe, and only a single chestpiece. And what am I gonna do with 14 swords? Only need 2. On the flip side, I need 8 daggers. Man. Though I guess this outcome was expected, what with 21/25 of the U equipment being weapons, and 6 out of those 21 weapon slots are swords.

Edit: Question: Is attack speed really important for Ravengale? I mean, she's mostly support, so she doesn't really need a high speed, right? I'm asking because I'm thinking of giving her the Blackaria set since it has good stats and effects (decrease attack speed and decrease attack for normal attack).

Edit 2: 7 million later, I am out of SS items and all SSS items under level 80. Was just enough to gear 5 allies. Seriously, I had 5 characters worth of items to use as enhance, and now they're all gone. And my main character is still using the 70 gear, though that's because there really wasn't anything for him. Crap daggers and body equips. Really hope all this pays off.

vato_loco

You have great characters for Incredible concentration.

Mage+Fryd on mage slots Lly on dps slot , Blackaria as Priest and Kymael as Warrior.
I'll try that one. I need to make a good fifth character so I can be more offensive on lab and stuff, but I hear that Rouges kinda suck. Based on my team of Aria, Kymael, Fryd and Llywelyn, who would be the best fifth?

Also I FINALLY leveled to 80! That was some grind!

Managed to get 58m in Hydra, ended at 51 (lol).

Only way i can possibly do better is with better stats on my U gear and/or some U boss dmg cards, so i guess it'll be 3-4 more weeks before i have hope of improving

Salamande

Edit: Question: Is attack speed really important for Ravengale? I mean, she's mostly support, so she doesn't really need a high speed, right? I'm asking because I'm thinking of giving her the Blackaria set since it has good stats and effects (decrease attack speed and decrease attack for normal attack).

I think that Izarc takes his attack speed from Ravengale, so it would still be useful. A lot of people discount him, focusing on Raven's buffs, but he's surprisingly strong.

Don't take that list as gospel. It's one person's opinion and while I agree with many of the choices and ratings some are way off.

There's no way on earth I would put Gaela above Howl, and a whole tier above him too? Polar Tracy above Llywelyn and Ravengale?! They should be equals. Awakened Calgar above Kymael? Yea.... no. Buffed Kymael can now drop a 500-800k (i've personally seen it go as high as 1.1 million) hp shield, they should be tied at least.

arevin01

Managed to get 58m in Hydra, ended at 51 (lol).

Only way i can possibly do better is with better stats on my U gear and/or some U boss dmg cards, so i guess it'll be 3-4 more weeks before i have hope of improving

Whats your party setup for Hydra? I still need to get my Raven to ULT and farm like 4 more SSS boss cards if I wanna crack top 1%. It's a tough task so I'll settle for top 5%. Need to first make Khalen/Hawk.

Whats your party setup for Hydra? I still need to get my Raven to ULT and farm like 4 more SSS boss cards if I wanna crack top 1%. It's a tough task so I'll settle for top 5%. Need to first make Khalen/Hawk.

Well you're doing better than me in Lab, so we're even :) I still can't beat round 80.

I used Priest, DBS, Llywelyn, Ravengale, DBW with Blackaria helper. Everything ULT. I tried Fryderyk MAX+2 as helper but got higher scores with DBA.

Everyone is using at least 2 pieces of U gear with a set bonus. All of the DPS have 250%-300% crit damage.

arevin01

Well you're doing better than me in Lab, so we're even :) I still can't beat round 80.

I used Priest, DBS, Llywelyn, Ravengale, DBW with Blackaria helper. Everything ULT. I tried Fryderyk MAX+2 as helper but got higher scores with DBA.

Everyone is using at least 2 pieces of U gear with a set bonus. All of the DPS have 250%-300% crit damage.

cpp, I wanna save you as a friend, my ign Trunkster

Ahh I've finally passed detached temple on myth. I don't even want to count how much gold went for revive scrolls :D

But I'm glad I made Blackaria - without her it would be impossible

edit: It's funny but I can farm Myth phoenix with 3 bots and usually win while I'm still getting wiped by hero Aqualis.

Oh well I won't complain since at least now I can collect deus rag tickets.

Limit

I have 50k gold right now. This is the lowest amount I have had since I started playing the game. Just switching gems out from one equipment to another puts you 2 mil down. Now I need to stop farming rag tix for a week in order to have enough saved up for making 2 bodens when chapter 3 drops.

arevin01

I have 50k gold right now. This is the lowest amount I have had since I started playing the game. Just switching gems out from one equipment to another puts you 2 mil down. Now I need to stop farming rag tix for a week in order to have enough saved up for making 2 bodens when chapter 3 drops.

I have some SSS and SS gems I dont bother using because of the gold it cost to remove. I'm perfectly fine with just S gems.

figures..
my situation is
sss warrior tank --> dino, gar (max), freya
sss warrior dps --> punisher rar (max)
sss mage --> eirdan (max).. just got another dupe eirdan.. smh..
sss priest --> shabellex2 (one max), mer (max), calgar

i mean.. i need one dps ffs..
I'm running atm:
warrior main
mer healer
punisher rar (dps)
eirdan (dps)
abunara (tank.. on the next round of raid ticket i'll try to get some gear and i'll switch to dino as a secondary tank)..
If i had any sss dps i'd gladly use it..
but of course not...

upd: given i have shabelle as a solid healer (and a maxed mer ready for blackaria) options are:
1st eirdan TO --> brightspark
2nd warrior (which one??) TO --> gaela
3rd priest (mer??? dupe shabelle???) TO --> blackaria
4th eirdan (dupe) TO ---> freydark?
nTh warrior (which one??) TO --> khalen (when he hits.. i need another strong tank for my other chars)

advice?

I think You are trying to repeat my mistake of getting a lot of +MAX allies way too early :)

Since we are playing catch-up to people who had months more it's number one priority to reach Ch2 myth mode phoenix - then we can farm gear while collecting essences for deus rag tickets.

Also deifying is just a start - deified Blackaria needed +3 or +4 to match Shabelle +MAX so swapping ULT ally into deity weakens your team unless you have 10-12 more essences and bunch of S/SS fodder to get them into +MAX fast.

So IMHO best strategy for now would be to concentrate on progressing with one strong team.
For basic formation (and later swap into noble) you need 1-2 tanks , 2 dps and 1-2 priests.

I'd go:
- get Dino to +Max and replace Garotan with him since Garotan only has 5 second taunt
- Mercedes -> Blackaria (second Shabelle is fodder)
- Blackaria to +Max
- Eirdan to ULT and keep her for dps

After that next deity from Garotan or Punisher

At least that works for me currently.

I think You are trying to repeat my mistake of getting a lot of +MAX allies way too early :)

Since we are playing catch-up to people who had months more it's number one priority to reach Ch2 myth mode phoenix - then we can farm gear while collecting essences for deus rag tickets.

Also deifying is just a start - deified Blackaria needed +3 or +4 to match Shabelle +MAX so swapping ULT ally into deity weakens your team unless you have 10-12 more essences and bunch of S/SS fodder to get them into +MAX fast.

So IMHO best strategy for now would be to concentrate on progressing with one strong team.
For basic formation (and later swap into noble) you need 1-2 tanks , 2 dps and 1-2 priests.

I'd go:
- get Dino to +Max and replace Garotan with him since Garotan only has 5 second taunt
- Mercedes -> Blackaria (second Shabelle is fodder)
- Blackaria to +Max
- Eirdan to ULT and keep her for dps

After that next deity from Garotan or Punisher

At least that works for me currently.
uhm.. i don't have mercedes, mer = goblin sss healer, else i would have written mercedes :p
so i should substitute the tank and gear him appropriately, then get blackaria anyway and get her to max at least, then eirdan to ult as a last step?
okke :X

Why are You even using Mer when you have maxed Shabelle? :)

i dislike flimsy shabelle model :X
on a serious note, i got mer before getting shabelle, and by the time i got my first shabelle, mer was already rocking full 50 legendary gear full maxed :X
anyway holy s.... raid reward in phoenix cost 20 essence each..
does the cost ramp up even more on later raids?

Ventara

i dislike flimsy shabelle model :X
on a serious note, i got mer before getting shabelle, and by the time i got my first shabelle, mer was already rocking full 50 legendary gear full maxed :X
anyway holy s.... raid reward in phoenix cost 20 essence each..
does the cost ramp up even more on later raids?

Nah, it's still 20. Deus Rag is actually 10, but that's because it has U gear and those are 20.

Uff stuck on 63..
I HOPE that by end of week i'll hit 70 at least..
1 stamina every 10 min is a bit low :/
Btw..
About this leve 80 potion and 3 SS i keep hearing about..
Is there a price? Money? Rubies?

Ventara

Uff stuck on 63..
I HOPE that by end of week i'll hit 70 at least..
1 stamina every 10 min is a bit low :/
Btw..
About this leve 80 potion and 3 SS i keep hearing about..
Is there a price? Money? Rubies?

It was rubies. Can't seem to remember the exact amount, though. But at least f2p players can get it, too.

990 rubies but it pays for itself from rewards for cleaning raids first time with new guy.

And speaking about new characters what skills should be chosen for Labyrinth oriented Warrior ?

It's Draco only for now.

But man, it's gonna be a pain gearing everyone with U gear once allies have the 6-slot equipment as well.

yes, but the glory friend, the glory..
your allies will be the powerhouse they were meant to be..
frankly my main warrior VASTLY overshadows dyno +max with the EXACT same lvl 55 max legendary, simply because on top of skill and whatnot, more item slots means more stats.. and as the item level goes up (and consequently the stat budget) the difference between 6 slots and 3 slots will only increase..
This change makes sense, it will be a pita to gear everyone, but i think this is a step in the right direction..

additionally inside the document there is:
Fellow extend the character of equipment slot!
Newly fellow character equipment slot is extended, a wider range of strategies.
In addition, equipment will be freely detachable.
this changes a lot of thing, don't you agree? :)

Ventara

Being able to unequip ally equipment will definitely be a huge help. No more wasted equipment.

On a slightly related note, I finally geared my rogue with a full set of U gear last night. It's a 4-2 set, since I didn't get any Deus daggers, and the stats are far from optimal (didn't get Dex on 3/4 pieces and such), but wow, what a difference already. I've got 400% crit dmg and 70% crit rate, and acc, def pen, eva and imm are all 50% or more. HP is over 90K and Def is 9K. Atk is over 12K. My 70 gear was pretty optimal, but it pales to this 80 U gear.

Top Bottom